Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Part 18

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Part 18

Post by snuffy777 »

Lmao. I love that she has to go back and explain everything she does. She's terrible at execution and on top of that, she's pretentious and tries way too hard, so a lot of her shit (rightfully) is lost on people.

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

I must be the only here who thinks em's new logo is just... stupid and confusing? It's a cube, then they put a triangle over it.. WHY?? That doesn't produce an actual shape. It certainly doesn't make an octahedron like she tried to show in the tweet above (for that, they'd have to erase the center "point" of the cube, which they didn't). Then they add the 'E' and 'M' which just further throws everything off. IT'S CONFUSING. We know she chose this because "the universe" and "sacred geometry" :roll: but literally, there's no shape, symmetry, or balance to any of this. God, she's dumb. And, WTF do these shapes have to do with makeup anyway? :roll:

I cringe/die at how just... trendy the "rebirth" is. The (un)geometric shapes :lol:, the crystal inspiration.. it's up there with overdone white marble and perfect flat-lays. :? I just can't see this being sustainable; she should've done something more classic and timeless. I think it might do okay in the beginning, but once the hype dies off, this'll tank. Everything she touches always does.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Even her Ever Eden jewellry page on Facebook disappeared. Her ICON netwoek page has 65,000+ likes, with each post having a maximum of 14-28 likes (41 likes on the one where one of her video is involved and people are trying out her makeup).

At this point, the internet is over saturated with the same content. She's not growing as a person as far as we can tell.

Still think us being critical was the same as being hateful, Michelle?

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

lookanothergossiper wrote:
Blazikenblade01 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.
proof????
Her $75,000 donation helped love146 meet their goal of over 100k for their safe houses. I follow love146 and Michelle is one of the few public figures who aids them genuinely. She's made a few videos for them and has donated $$$ to keep the safe houses running.
https://twitter.com/MichellePhan/status ... 4225741825
After Googling, I see that she pledged to double (not triple according to the source I found, but it could be wrong) the amount donated and I hope she does. I admit I was doubtful when I read your comment. I remembered those times she claimed to have donated but was caught in a lie...when she took a picture of herself "donating all day" to an organization with a 3-donation limit...when she took a picture of 30-some expensive shoes that she was giving to the Salvation Army, then those shoes were spotted again on a shelf in her apartment. I definitely learned to not trust her because of a history of lying. But I haven't checked the forum for a while, and a few things I noticed on my return--she seems quieter now, and she did publicly promise a $70k donation. I'm impressed and if she follows through, I'll definitely start changing my opinion of her. It seems like she had some early materialism+vanity that got blown up by her early fame that hopefully she's learning to step back and counteract.

Source: http://www.tubefilter.com/2016/12/27/mi ... t-love146/

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I think Michelle is in major denial. Ipsy is her only success but that success didn't come from her. She is just a co founder. What has she actually contributed to Ipsy other than some customers,
Has Michelle ever even bothered to take lessons in business? Probably not, she is far too lazy, wants to cut corners and dare I say she's in denial to believe she needs lessons because she's perfect.
I really hope Michelle has learnt from her past.Being a cash cow will not be sustainable for a shitty business.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

lurker123 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:
Blazikenblade01 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.
proof????
Her $75,000 donation helped love146 meet their goal of over 100k for their safe houses. I follow love146 and Michelle is one of the few public figures who aids them genuinely. She's made a few videos for them and has donated $$$ to keep the safe houses running.
https://twitter.com/MichellePhan/status ... 4225741825
After Googling, I see that she pledged to double (not triple according to the source I found, but it could be wrong) the amount donated and I hope she does. I admit I was doubtful when I read your comment. I remembered those times she claimed to have donated but was caught in a lie...when she took a picture of herself "donating all day" to an organization with a 3-donation limit...when she took a picture of 30-some expensive shoes that she was giving to the Salvation Army, then those shoes were spotted again on a shelf in her apartment. I definitely learned to not trust her because of a history of lying. But I haven't checked the forum for a while, and a few things I noticed on my return--she seems quieter now, and she did publicly promise a $70k donation. I'm impressed and if she follows through, I'll definitely start changing my opinion of her. It seems like she had some early materialism+vanity that got blown up by her early fame that hopefully she's learning to step back and counteract.

Source: http://www.tubefilter.com/2016/12/27/mi ... t-love146/
Those were the first two examples of her dishonesty that came to my mind as well. But I have to say I would be willing to change my tune if she really does this. Sex trafficking is a very sensitive subject for me. I won't discuss why but you all can probably guess by the things I've talked about here over the years. :P

I'm still a little put off by this alternative religion thing. I went through a really prolific "spiritual" phase and I was into some stuff that I'm happy wasn't posted to the internet.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Christ, this lady literally baffles me. She sought drugs and plastic surgery enlightenment and she's twice the cow she was before she left.
Look Michelle I'm going to use a quote but I'm not going to: A) simplify or B) rearrange the words and act like fucking ghandi.
"You're so full of shit your eyes are brown" -Gordon Ramsay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

amuto_lover wrote:Christ, this lady literally baffles me. She sought drugs and plastic surgery enlightenment and she's twice the cow she was before she left.
Look Michelle I'm going to use a quote but I'm not going to: A) simplify or B) rearrange the words and act like fucking ghandi.
"You're so full of shit your eyes are brown" -Gordon Ramsay.
How much weed did she smoke? Your disillusionment does not go well with marijuana, believe me.

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

snuffy777 wrote:Lmao. I love that she has to go back and explain everything she does. She's terrible at execution and on top of that, she's pretentious and tries way too hard, so a lot of her shit (rightfully) is lost on people.

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

I must be the only here who thinks em's new logo is just... stupid and confusing? It's a cube, then they put a triangle over it.. WHY?? That doesn't produce an actual shape. It certainly doesn't make an octahedron like she tried to show in the tweet above (for that, they'd have to erase the center "point" of the cube, which they didn't). Then they add the 'E' and 'M' which just further throws everything off. IT'S CONFUSING. We know she chose this because "the universe" and "sacred geometry" :roll: but literally, there's no shape, symmetry, or balance to any of this. God, she's dumb. And, WTF do these shapes have to do with makeup anyway? :roll:

I cringe/die at how just... trendy the "rebirth" is. The (un)geometric shapes :lol:, the crystal inspiration.. it's up there with overdone white marble and perfect flat-lays. :? I just can't see this being sustainable; she should've done something more classic and timeless. I think it might do okay in the beginning, but once the hype dies off, this'll tank. Everything she touches always does.
The gif logo thing, maybe im not seeing enough but its clearly a box over a triangle, the square then triangle then after that makes the box look like a present type box in the third sequence....seriously??? um ok then
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

[Gen Beauty LA] People are NOT happy. :?

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Is anyone following this mess? What happened?? Like, every single tweet was nothing but complaints and refund demands, etc. Now all of a sudden there's a FLOOD of tweets with "happy" people showing & saying how much fun they're having and the hashtags #genbeauty #genbeautylive #giveaway. :roll: Is that an attempt to bury the shitstorm that occurred earlier? :roll:

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Apparently there was an issue with the venue since it was just a tent. Health and safety was worried that the tent could collapse due to the stormy whether.
Fans have stated that they waited outside in the stormy weather for 3 hours only for Ipsy to give them a one hour extension which is why they all want refunds. Michelle has also been answering complaints on her twitter.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

She's definitely improved her customer service skills at least she's not telling people that their complaints are incorrect, but she still has a way to go. Why throw someone under the bus who is just doing their job though? You say you take accountability but you obviously don't as you blamed this on the health and safety inspectors.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

amuto_lover wrote:Apparently there was an issue with the venue since it was just a tent. Health and safety was worried that the tent could collapse due to the stormy whether.
Fans have stated that they waited outside in the stormy weather for 3 hours only for Ipsy to give them a one hour extension which is why they all want refunds. Michelle has also been answering complaints on her twitter.
Ah yeah, that much I got. Was wondering why tweets turned positive all of a sudden? Literally, it went from nothing but complaints to nothing but smiling selfies and "Having a blast!" captions followed by the hashtags I mentioned above. Shady. I'm guessing they bribed the attendees to show & say what a great time they weren't having with a giveaway of some kind in an attempt to bury all the negative tweets??

I think it's great that Michelle sincerely apologized and is actually taking responsibility for this. Not so great that they asked that of the people who attended.

ETA: Yup, just as I thought:
[tweet][/tweet]

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

So glad you took screenshots, amuto! Michelle deleted every single one of her tweets regarding this issue, including the one where she said she would make this good. I seriously hope that doesn't mean she's gonna try and sweep this under the rug. 'What tweet? I never said anything.' kinda thing. :roll:

[tweet][/tweet]

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

[tweet][/tweet]

:roll: Why delete tweets only to say the same thing you had already said? It's almost like she's talking out of her ass at this point just to save face. If she really meant it that they're gonna make it good, wouldn't she post a tweet addressing everyone? not just reply to someone that was calling her out.

Kinda like with H:F. The damn thing is in the COMPLETED section with the words Last Episode (not Season Finale or Season 1 Finale) clearly stated in the title of the final chapter.. yet she replied to someone (who was confused about the ending/thought it was canceled) saying, "That was Season 1, there is much more to the story. Season 2 will be ready when it's finished! I will let everyone know."

I feel like she just says shit after the fact to try and make herself look not so bad/as incompetent as she really is.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

A leopard never changes it's spots :roll:

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Looks like I missed a shit load! Same shit, different day, eh?

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

Agree with amuto_lover, it's definitely smarter for her to not be criticizing her fans or saying anything rude that could be screencapped later. But artificially flooding Twitter with positive tweets, deleting all her replies, and trying to sweep it under the rug is still rather shady...I think this is worthy of the tumblr!

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Ipsy seriously needs better employee training. :? People are not happy with the way they're handling things:

Why should attendees have to contact them with their concerns? They KNOW what the issues are. For fuck's sake, they're the ones that caused them! First of all, holding the event at the same location as last year WHEN IT RAINED ON THEM THE FIRST TIME, then sticking people in a parking garage for hours in the cold, running out of products, brands packing up and leaving early, people not getting to meet Desi and Katy. It's GB's freaking responsibility to take action and compensate attendees appropriately for the issues that they caused. That's like serving bad food at a restaurant and then asking the customer what they have a problem with so they can know how "best to resolve" their issue. So unprofessional, I can't even.

Could this be the beginning of the end for ipsy? I hope so. I don't care how mean-spirited that it is; they're not a great company. It's honestly shocking the amount of complaints they receive on a daily basis on their Facebook page, yet they're not doing anything to create a better experience for their customers. Such a "shady" Internet startup company, if you ask me.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

snuffy777 wrote:Ipsy seriously needs better employee training. :? People are not happy with the way they're handling things:

Why should attendees have to contact them with their concerns? They KNOW what the issues are. For fuck's sake, they're the ones that caused them! First of all, holding the event at the same location as last year WHEN IT RAINED ON THEM THE FIRST TIME, then sticking people in a parking garage for hours in the cold, running out of products, brands packing up and leaving early, people not getting to meet Desi and Katy. It's GB's freaking responsibility to take action and compensate attendees appropriately for the issues that they caused. That's like serving bad food at a restaurant and then asking the customer what they have a problem with so they can know how "best to resolve" their issue. So unprofessional, I can't even.

Could this be the beginning of the end for ipsy? I hope so. I don't care how mean-spirited that it is; they're not a great company. It's honestly shocking the amount of complaints they receive on a daily basis on their Facebook page, yet they're not doing anything to create a better experience for their customers. Such a "shady" Internet startup company, if you ask me.
But we're mean for not praising them for being special snow flakes. After all, Michelle worked hard to build her multi million dollar companies to provide jobs for hundreds of people. Woe.

Return to “Michelle Phan”