Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Part 18

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Facebook/Instagram/Twitter - Part 18

Post by DaylightAmy »

I just want to punch this bitch now. Fucking sanctimonious little hipster.

Of course hashtags don't fix the problem. That's not what they're for - she KNOWS that's not what they're for (I mean do you honestly think people out there are like "I'MMA TWEET THIS HASHTAG AND STOP THIS SHIT!"??) but it's a cheap and easy way to look holier-than-thou.

I know a thing or two about the subject from direct real-life personal experience; nothing "we" do helps. By "we" I mean people living regular lives in the Western World. No amount of "spreading awareness" or donating money helps. It just doensn't. Billions have been pumped into trying to resolve poverty, war and conflict for over 5 decades now - NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Because what we're doing doesn't help.

Unless you get incredibly educated and REALLY spread awareness (through easily-understandable and accessible journalism, to educate the masses) or you PHYSICALLY go and do something about it yourself, you're not helping anyone.

Very few aid and peace organizations truly make any notable progress or difference (Doctors Without Borders being a rare exception to the rule) so unless you want to give up your iPad and your fashion trends and your comfy meal planning and go out there yourself to physically, personally help people and heal society, you're not helping. It's THAT simple.

Idiots like her making it sound like they have the answers but just sit on their asses and won't even bother to properly educate themselves to educate others really SHIT me.

I spent several years physically working in Cameroon, near the Congo border, to help make life better for people there and ease poverty, social tensions and general discomfort. In those years, I feel like I barely got anything done - but I certainly got more done than all the representatives of big organizations in their 5 star hotels assessing situations by the pool with a cocktail.

This is hard to hear for some people but it's the truth - you either care or you don't. If you care, you find a way to make a change yourself. If you don't, you don't. It doesn't make you a horrible person, either - humans naturally simply only TRULY relate to their direct environment. There is nothing wrong with not caring enough to really stop your life and try to help; it's not helpful, but it's certainly not evil either, it's human. But then don't sit on your ass on your iPhone and tweet about other people not helping. This dumb bitch.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Trololol »

DaylightAmy wrote:I just want to punch this bitch now. Fucking sanctimonious little hipster.

Of course hashtags don't fix the problem. That's not what they're for - she KNOWS that's not what they're for (I mean do you honestly think people out there are like "I'MMA TWEET THIS HASHTAG AND STOP THIS SHIT!"??) but it's a cheap and easy way to look holier-than-thou.

I know a thing or two about the subject from direct real-life personal experience; nothing "we" do helps. By "we" I mean people living regular lives in the Western World. No amount of "spreading awareness" or donating money helps. It just doensn't. Billions have been pumped into trying to resolve poverty, war and conflict for over 5 decades now - NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Because what we're doing doesn't help.

Unless you get incredibly educated and REALLY spread awareness (through easily-understandable and accessible journalism, to educate the masses) or you PHYSICALLY go and do something about it yourself, you're not helping anyone.

Very few aid and peace organizations truly make any notable progress or difference (Doctors Without Borders being a rare exception to the rule) so unless you want to give up your iPad and your fashion trends and your comfy meal planning and go out there yourself to physically, personally help people and heal society, you're not helping. It's THAT simple.

Idiots like her making it sound like they have the answers but just sit on their asses and won't even bother to properly educate themselves to educate others really SHIT me.

I spent several years physically working in Cameroon, near the Congo border, to help make life better for people there and ease poverty, social tensions and general discomfort. In those years, I feel like I barely got anything done - but I certainly got more done than all the representatives of big organizations in their 5 star hotels assessing situations by the pool with a cocktail.

This is hard to hear for some people but it's the truth - you either care or you don't. If you care, you find a way to make a change yourself. If you don't, you don't. It doesn't make you a horrible person, either - humans naturally simply only TRULY relate to their direct environment. There is nothing wrong with not caring enough to really stop your life and try to help; it's not helpful, but it's certainly not evil either, it's human. But then don't sit on your ass on your iPhone and tweet about other people not helping. This dumb bitch.
Thank you for all that you do. You do more than most of us can.

Michelle needs a reality check. She's cruising through her life with no sense of what is happening in the world. It's kinda sad.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Trololol wrote: Thank you for all that you do. You do more than most of us can.

Michelle needs a reality check. She's cruising through her life with no sense of what is happening in the world. It's kinda sad.
It's still not much (what I do) compared to many, but it's taught me it's important to call people out... I call myself out, too.

For someone like Michelle, who does nothing of significance, to whinge about others not doing enough or not doing it right, is just flat out laughable. She of all people should be using her platform, wealth and media to spread more knowledge and get more practical things done to make the world a better place - not just "donate some money" (to an organization that probably pockets over 80% of it) or "create some jobs"... her wealth is time and her influence, and she is spending neither on actually trying to make the world better.

She's vain, self-absorbed, self-righteous and a waste of all the resources she has. If she didn't want a critical opinion, perhaps she shouldn't have been so critical of what OTHERS do herself.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

Post by lookanothergossiper »

Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

lookanothergossiper wrote:Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.
proof????
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

Personally, I also agree with the notion that hashtags and spreading awareness do very little, if nothing at all. And like what @DaylightAmy said, it's idealistic to believe that our "activism" is achieving is anything extremely substantial in the grand scheme of things. Actually going out there and doing something to help the cause will really be the only way to achieve something, but not everyone can or wants to do that, which is why movements like these exist - they enable people to show where their support lies. But for Michelle to write this off and get on her high horse as if what she's doing is so much better and much more helpful to these causes just goes to show how fucking egotistical she can be.

People weren't telling her that she was wrong or that what she's saying was baseless - in fact, it's very easy to see that most people were actually agreeing with her. But with the direction she took the conversation it makes me wonder: How educated is Michelle with regards to the issues that she wants to support and how much does she do for them? She keeps telling people to educate themselves, but if she herself doesn't practice what she preaches then why act so mighty? In fact she may not even care as much as she says she does. Also, regarding her charitable acts, if she's actually done them then good on her. But wasn't there that time where she made it seem that she was donating more than she actually was?

Finally, I don't get why she's making such a big deal about her not wearing any foundation. Plenty of people do it everyday and they don't feel the need to brag about it as if it actually means anything. Like yeah her skin is nice, but her "humble" brag attitude towards it all just seems so self indulgent and narcissistic. She's pretty much saying "My skin is so good I don't even need makeup because I already look perfect". Btw those selfies where she's posing and showing off her skin are just so :roll: Like we get it bro.

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

Blazikenblade01 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:Well she did just give 75,000 of her own money to an organization that builds safe houses for children who are victims off sex trafficking. You can say it's for tax write off or whatever, but most influencers have their fans pay, rather, she tripled the amount of every $1.
proof????
Her $75,000 donation helped love146 meet their goal of over 100k for their safe houses. I follow love146 and Michelle is one of the few public figures who aids them genuinely. She's made a few videos for them and has donated $$$ to keep the safe houses running.
https://twitter.com/MichellePhan/status ... 4225741825

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

Dismal_bismuth wrote:Personally, I also agree with the notion that hashtags and spreading awareness do very little, if nothing at all. And like what @DaylightAmy said, it's idealistic to believe that our "activism" is achieving is anything extremely substantial in the grand scheme of things. Actually going out there and doing something to help the cause will really be the only way to achieve something, but not everyone can or wants to do that, which is why movements like these exist - they enable people to show where their support lies. But for Michelle to write this off and get on her high horse as if what she's doing is so much better and much more helpful to these causes just goes to show how fucking egotistical she can be.

People weren't telling her that she was wrong or that what she's saying was baseless - in fact, it's very easy to see that most people were actually agreeing with her. But with the direction she took the conversation it makes me wonder: How educated is Michelle with regards to the issues that she wants to support and how much does she do for them? She keeps telling people to educate themselves, but if she herself doesn't practice what she preaches then why act so mighty? In fact she may not even care as much as she says she does. Also, regarding her charitable acts, if she's actually done them then good on her. But wasn't there that time where she made it seem that she was donating more than she actually was?

Finally, I don't get why she's making such a big deal about her not wearing any foundation. Plenty of people do it everyday and they don't feel the need to brag about it as if it actually means anything. Like yeah her skin is nice, but her "humble" brag attitude towards it all just seems so self indulgent and narcissistic. She's pretty much saying "My skin is so good I don't even need makeup because I already look perfect". Btw those selfies where she's posing and showing off her skin are just so :roll: Like we get it bro.

Well, she did take a year off, and I follow her instastories religiously, and she's been studying and traveling. She went all over the world, but the place that shocked me was Egypt, which is dangerous. She shared on her instastory about how sad she was when she saw real poverty there and how that motivated her to find a way to fix it. Now she's in China, I think for over a month now? She's been replying to her fans telling them that she's there to learn eastern medicine and doing business related things. I'm curious to see what she has learned and what she will share when she comes back on youtube. I really want to know how she got her skin to look better without needing foundation. I'm also tired of wearing foundation everyday, and my skin has gotten worse over the years.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

^ in that case, good for her if she's actually doing something. I guess I'm just cynical by nature, but I wonder how much she actually wants to achieve with her alturism. It's been discussed at length that she takes on too much in such a short amount of time, so I wouldn't hold it against her if she didn't get to do what she wanted. She's lucky that she can afford to do what she's doing, and it can be argued that if she's doing that, she's doing more than other YouTubers with the same kind of platform and reach as her.

The thing with her studies though, I'm a bit more wary and skeptical of. I think she puts too much faith in pseudo-science-y things and new age sprituality - remember that article about copper pyramids and medicine? She can believe whatever she wants to believe, but I don't think she should go off claiming what learns as absolute fact when there isn't the proof to back it up (as she's done in the past).

catbutts
Informer
Informer

Post by catbutts »

I've been wondering about what's happening with her. If all that is true then good for her. I'm only a couple years younger than her so I consider myself to be in her age range, and I can definitely relate to needing to find something other than vapid consumerism to focus on. I wonder if she has been feeling the itch to learn about herself through the world around her as she gets older.

I know a lot of people will keep bringing up things she used to do or mistakes she's made in the past, but I do think people change and grow. If I kept focusing on the person I was ten years ago, I'd really hate myself.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Lmao. I love that she has to go back and explain everything she does. She's terrible at execution and on top of that, she's pretentious and tries way too hard, so a lot of her shit (rightfully) is lost on people.

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

I must be the only here who thinks em's new logo is just... stupid and confusing? It's a cube, then they put a triangle over it.. WHY?? That doesn't produce an actual shape. It certainly doesn't make an octahedron like she tried to show in the tweet above (for that, they'd have to erase the center "point" of the cube, which they didn't). Then they add the 'E' and 'M' which just further throws everything off. IT'S CONFUSING. We know she chose this because "the universe" and "sacred geometry" :roll: but literally, there's no shape, symmetry, or balance to any of this. God, she's dumb. And, WTF do these shapes have to do with makeup anyway? :roll:

I cringe/die at how just... trendy the "rebirth" is. The (un)geometric shapes :lol:, the crystal inspiration.. it's up there with overdone white marble and perfect flat-lays. :? I just can't see this being sustainable; she should've done something more classic and timeless. I think it might do okay in the beginning, but once the hype dies off, this'll tank. Everything she touches always does.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Even her Ever Eden jewellry page on Facebook disappeared. Her ICON netwoek page has 65,000+ likes, with each post having a maximum of 14-28 likes (41 likes on the one where one of her video is involved and people are trying out her makeup).

At this point, the internet is over saturated with the same content. She's not growing as a person as far as we can tell.

Still think us being critical was the same as being hateful, Michelle?

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

lookanothergossiper wrote:
Blazikenblade01 wrote:
proof????
Her $75,000 donation helped love146 meet their goal of over 100k for their safe houses. I follow love146 and Michelle is one of the few public figures who aids them genuinely. She's made a few videos for them and has donated $$$ to keep the safe houses running.
After Googling, I see that she pledged to double (not triple according to the source I found, but it could be wrong) the amount donated and I hope she does. I admit I was doubtful when I read your comment. I remembered those times she claimed to have donated but was caught in a lie...when she took a picture of herself "donating all day" to an organization with a 3-donation limit...when she took a picture of 30-some expensive shoes that she was giving to the Salvation Army, then those shoes were spotted again on a shelf in her apartment. I definitely learned to not trust her because of a history of lying. But I haven't checked the forum for a while, and a few things I noticed on my return--she seems quieter now, and she did publicly promise a $70k donation. I'm impressed and if she follows through, I'll definitely start changing my opinion of her. It seems like she had some early materialism+vanity that got blown up by her early fame that hopefully she's learning to step back and counteract.

Source: http://www.tubefilter.com/2016/12/27/mi ... t-love146/

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

I think Michelle is in major denial. Ipsy is her only success but that success didn't come from her. She is just a co founder. What has she actually contributed to Ipsy other than some customers,
Has Michelle ever even bothered to take lessons in business? Probably not, she is far too lazy, wants to cut corners and dare I say she's in denial to believe she needs lessons because she's perfect.
I really hope Michelle has learnt from her past.Being a cash cow will not be sustainable for a shitty business.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

lurker123 wrote:
lookanothergossiper wrote:
Blazikenblade01 wrote:
proof????
After Googling, I see that she pledged to double (not triple according to the source I found, but it could be wrong) the amount donated and I hope she does. I admit I was doubtful when I read your comment. I remembered those times she claimed to have donated but was caught in a lie...when she took a picture of herself "donating all day" to an organization with a 3-donation limit...when she took a picture of 30-some expensive shoes that she was giving to the Salvation Army, then those shoes were spotted again on a shelf in her apartment. I definitely learned to not trust her because of a history of lying. But I haven't checked the forum for a while, and a few things I noticed on my return--she seems quieter now, and she did publicly promise a $70k donation. I'm impressed and if she follows through, I'll definitely start changing my opinion of her. It seems like she had some early materialism+vanity that got blown up by her early fame that hopefully she's learning to step back and counteract.

Source: http://www.tubefilter.com/2016/12/27/mi ... t-love146/
Those were the first two examples of her dishonesty that came to my mind as well. But I have to say I would be willing to change my tune if she really does this. Sex trafficking is a very sensitive subject for me. I won't discuss why but you all can probably guess by the things I've talked about here over the years. :P

I'm still a little put off by this alternative religion thing. I went through a really prolific "spiritual" phase and I was into some stuff that I'm happy wasn't posted to the internet.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

Christ, this lady literally baffles me. She sought drugs and plastic surgery enlightenment and she's twice the cow she was before she left.
Look Michelle I'm going to use a quote but I'm not going to: A) simplify or B) rearrange the words and act like fucking ghandi.
"You're so full of shit your eyes are brown" -Gordon Ramsay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

amuto_lover wrote:Christ, this lady literally baffles me. She sought drugs and plastic surgery enlightenment and she's twice the cow she was before she left.
Look Michelle I'm going to use a quote but I'm not going to: A) simplify or B) rearrange the words and act like fucking ghandi.
"You're so full of shit your eyes are brown" -Gordon Ramsay.
How much weed did she smoke? Your disillusionment does not go well with marijuana, believe me.

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

snuffy777 wrote:Lmao. I love that she has to go back and explain everything she does. She's terrible at execution and on top of that, she's pretentious and tries way too hard, so a lot of her shit (rightfully) is lost on people.

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

I must be the only here who thinks em's new logo is just... stupid and confusing? It's a cube, then they put a triangle over it.. WHY?? That doesn't produce an actual shape. It certainly doesn't make an octahedron like she tried to show in the tweet above (for that, they'd have to erase the center "point" of the cube, which they didn't). Then they add the 'E' and 'M' which just further throws everything off. IT'S CONFUSING. We know she chose this because "the universe" and "sacred geometry" :roll: but literally, there's no shape, symmetry, or balance to any of this. God, she's dumb. And, WTF do these shapes have to do with makeup anyway? :roll:

I cringe/die at how just... trendy the "rebirth" is. The (un)geometric shapes :lol:, the crystal inspiration.. it's up there with overdone white marble and perfect flat-lays. :? I just can't see this being sustainable; she should've done something more classic and timeless. I think it might do okay in the beginning, but once the hype dies off, this'll tank. Everything she touches always does.
The gif logo thing, maybe im not seeing enough but its clearly a box over a triangle, the square then triangle then after that makes the box look like a present type box in the third sequence....seriously??? um ok then
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

[Gen Beauty LA] People are NOT happy. :?

[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Is anyone following this mess? What happened?? Like, every single tweet was nothing but complaints and refund demands, etc. Now all of a sudden there's a FLOOD of tweets with "happy" people showing & saying how much fun they're having and the hashtags #genbeauty #genbeautylive #giveaway. :roll: Is that an attempt to bury the shitstorm that occurred earlier? :roll:

Return to “Michelle Phan”