True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Em Cosmetics Part 3 | Split from L’Oréal & IPSY

Post by lurker123 »

em michelle phan
5 hours ago
We're so happy to be featured in @raeview's February Hits and Misses YouTube video and blog post. Check it out at YouTube.com/RAEview and theraeviewer.com. Thanks Rae!
I think Rae is the only well-known blogger that is willing to be paid off by em. While I believe some products are hits and others are misses, she's the only one who raves about em consistently, calls it high end, shows it off in the best light, etc.

switchgirl
Informer
Informer

Re: Em Cosmetics Part 3

Post by switchgirl »

Oh, I also wanted to add that the fallout on these shade play eye shadow palettes are RIDICULOUS. I only used it for three days and there are specks of color everywhere. So annoying!

murmur
Learner
Learner

Post by murmur »

I wonder if she will attempt to change her packaging or will she let Em sorta... Go out of business? That scribble liner looks good I want it, but not for $18... Lancôme Artliner is my favorite liquid liner and I think the price match the quality... Wonder if they compare... Must wait for the next super huge discount.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

This was already discussed in Rae's thread here on GG, but her reviews just are not credible. She admits that she only wears makeup for videos and not so much as a day-to-day routine, meaning that her only chance to review products are only before her video review is filmed. This em thing really helped to discredit her further though.

FYI to murmur-L'oreal's Lineur Intense (felt tip) eyeliner is almost exactly identical to Artliner, except Artliner is more black. Artliner used to be my HG, but when I compared them next to each other they were absolutely identical besides Carbon Black being less black and the felt tip wasn't as nice in the L'oreal. You're welcome :)

katelynbby
Learner
Learner

Post by katelynbby »

switchgirl wrote:Oh, I also wanted to add that the fallout on these shade play eye shadow palettes are RIDICULOUS. I only used it for three days and there are specks of color everywhere. So annoying!
Yeah, the "shiny" shades, I wouldn't call them shimmer, in the Shade Play palletes all clump and flake. There's glitter fallout, and then there is flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakes.

Cococcino
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Cococcino »

I am so tired of seeing that woman's face.

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

Image Raeviewer, again. "Today I'm going to talk about my favorite new liquid eyeliner..."

I almost believed her when she claimed to genuinely like em because she responded so angrily about it. But now that she's parroting em, and claiming every product that comes out is wonderful and high end and her favorite...completely lost all credibility for me. Rae just lost a subscriber.

(I'm willing to believe the Scribble liner is good, given I haven't heard anything bad about it, but just how Rae always gives raving reviews to em products directly after release...fake, fake, fake.)

daaayum
Learner
Learner

Post by daaayum »

honestly, the line is garbage. i expected something much more luxurious packaging-wise because it's michelle, who loooves showing off what she's got at every chance she can get. the color/product combinations in her life palettes are awful (lip colors and eyeshadows should not be put together, yuck!), and there are many other great products out there you can buy for the same price or less

meilannine
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by meilannine »

Her waterliner is horrible, broke right in the tube and I've never dropped it.

iheartkpop1
Debater
Debater

Post by iheartkpop1 »

Has anyone come across this photo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iheartkpop1
Debater
Debater

Post by iheartkpop1 »

Her Em Store is not successful enough to be a store
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ArcaneExplosion
Learner
Learner

Post by ArcaneExplosion »

Hmm with all the talk of EM's sales meaning they aren't doing well, I was wondering (not defending mish because she has horrid business practices) what do you guys think of Julep? They have lots of sales, their own box thing, and for nail polish they are a little expensive especially considering their small packages.

Takasan
Learner
Learner

Post by Takasan »

If Raeview knows what's good for her, she should just stop raving about Em and go back to luxury brands.
I'm looking at her channel right now, and she hasn't done any collections reviews/tutorials in 6 months beside Chanel Winter 2013 and Spring 2014.
She admits that she only wears makeup for videos and not so much as a day-to-day routine
Still, she is the only one on YT that can run out of several bottles of foundation, something that I have yet to do, and I've been wearing makeup every working days and for a longer time than her.
Makeup jobs?
I won't buy it. She has never shared any pictures of her "works". I know her full name, we all know which state she lives in... but I can't find her on the internet. My bet is that the girl is living off Youtube and is certainly not a makeup artist... apart for her friends/cousins weddings or something like that.
I'm not taking her reviews seriously anymore. She always reviews products at first use.

XOBLAZE
Learner
Learner

Post by XOBLAZE »

iheartkpop1 wrote:Has anyone come across this photo?
That is not a good picture of her, her eyes look... Lifeless? I d k just something is weird about this pic

iheartkpop1
Debater
Debater

Post by iheartkpop1 »

Mew
Debater
Debater

Post by Mew »

Every time I see an ad for elf makeup I mistake it for em.. every time. The packaging is so similar and the logos are like the exact same.. black box, white lowercase font, abbreviation of the name above and full name below

AimHigh
Learner
Learner

Post by AimHigh »

Mew wrote:Every time I see an ad for elf makeup I mistake it for em.. every time. The packaging is so similar and the logos are like the exact same.. black box, white lowercase font, abbreviation of the name above and full name below
maybe that's the whole point. Michelle using same packaging to steal elfs customers

AimHigh
Learner
Learner

Post by AimHigh »

Mew wrote:Every time I see an ad for elf makeup I mistake it for em.. every time. The packaging is so similar and the logos are like the exact same.. black box, white lowercase font, abbreviation of the name above and full name below
maybe that's the whole point. Michelle using same packaging to steal elfs customers

CannibalCrayon

Post by CannibalCrayon »

AimHigh wrote:
Hah! E.L.F's customers are looking for affordable makeup, not the overpriced trash Michelle pushes. There's no way they could take over ELF's market, unless their prices drop dramatically, and I mean like 3-5 dollars per lipstick (ELF's Studio Lipsticks are great, too)
But I've considered this as well. Em has sales one right after the other, and so does ELF. ELF has DAILY sales (sometimes more than one for people on the email list) from free shipping to 50% off their entire stock. But this is something to consider when thinking about em too, isn't it? With ELF already having very inexpensive makeup, quite a lot of it is actually really great (their eye products are their low-points, I think. Though you can say that about Em as well) but they're going strong. Sales are how brands garner attention, especially newer brands and in Em's case they can show them off with eye prices and just push sales that truly reflect the price of the makeup.
Who knows, maybe Em is doing a lot better than we speculate. As a luxury brand? Hell no. As a makeup brand? Eh, who knows.

chandra49
Talker
Talker

Post by chandra49 »

lurker123 wrote:Image
em michelle phan
5 hours ago
We're so happy to be featured in @raeview's February Hits and Misses YouTube video and blog post. Check it out at YouTube.com/RAEview and theraeviewer.com. Thanks Rae!
I think Rae is the only well-known blogger that is willing to be paid off by em. While I believe some products are hits and others are misses, she's the only one who raves about em consistently, calls it high end, shows it off in the best light, etc.
I left a comment on one of @raeviews photos. I was honest in saying I didn't have any luck with em cosmetics and that their customer service wasn't much better. . . I got blocked.

Return to “Michelle Phan”