Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

Ophelia
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

Post by Ophelia »

I thought I might have been imagining the tension between Aslan and Estee's mum, interesting that others noticed it too...

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

So on her recent snapchats/instagram story, she and Aslan were complaining about their journey to Toronto. When they landed, there weren't any carts available (they had EIGHT bags because presents and such) and they had to pay a porter $10 to help them with their bags. They complained about the carts, and they complained about the carts to the porter, and they complained about the fact that they had to pay $10. Then, they had to wait forever for an SUV cab since they had so many bags, and it ended up dropping them off at the wrong hotel. They had to get an uber to the right hotel. Then the hotel didn't have an elevator. Then the room was too small. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS TO THE MAX.

They clearly have loads of money. Why didn't they ship the christmas presents ahead of time so they wouldn't have to deal with eight pieces of luggage? Why did they complain about $10? Why did they choose a hotel with no elevator if they knew they had 8 bags? Why are they staying in a hotel for that matter when they're there to see Estee's family? It seems like a really poorly planned trip tbh.

Ophelia
Informer
Informer

Post by Ophelia »

^ And if they were so bothered about the fee for the Uber to take them 2 blocks, why didn't one of them just take some of the bags there, leave them with the hotel and come back for the rest?

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

Ophelia wrote:^ And if they were so bothered about the fee for the Uber to take them 2 blocks, why didn't one of them just take some of the bags there, leave them with the hotel and come back for the rest?
i thought the same thing!

what bothered me the most about that IG story, was whatever accent/infliction of tone they were using....especially Estee.

though, i had a good laugh when they mentioned the hotel didn't have an elevator. karma. when Aslan mentioned that, all i could think of was "i bet they got some type of hipster boutique hotel."

snowbunny
Talker
Talker

Post by snowbunny »

OMG can't wait to watch that vlog. They're probably so out of touch that they will include it! Complaining about paying for a $10 service which was necessary. Plus who travels with EIGHT bags?! Regular people i.e. not with mad money cash, never want to travel with more than 2 bags each unless it includes special equipment like golf bags, skis or a stroller. It's such a hassle to have anything more than you can carry with your own two hands.

Honestly I didn't notice any tension between her mom and Aslan. Think it was an odd moment when the camera was turned on and both of them being quiet/tired or a lull in conversation? Dunno. Didn't seem like anything to me.

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tadahhhhh »

vanillafilter wrote:So on her recent snapchats/instagram story, she and Aslan were complaining about their journey to Toronto. When they landed, there weren't any carts available (they had EIGHT bags because presents and such) and they had to pay a porter $10 to help them with their bags. They complained about the carts, and they complained about the carts to the porter, and they complained about the fact that they had to pay $10. Then, they had to wait forever for an SUV cab since they had so many bags, and it ended up dropping them off at the wrong hotel. They had to get an uber to the right hotel. Then the hotel didn't have an elevator. Then the room was too small. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS TO THE MAX.

They clearly have loads of money. Why didn't they ship the christmas presents ahead of time so they wouldn't have to deal with eight pieces of luggage? Why did they complain about $10? Why did they choose a hotel with no elevator if they knew they had 8 bags? Why are they staying in a hotel for that matter when they're there to see Estee's family? It seems like a really poorly planned trip tbh.
Haha I can understand why she never leaves the house now. My god what a shambles! And typical Estee, everything is someone else's fault. I also find it weird that her mom flew home on her own. If Estee is flying to Canada a couple of days after anyways, why not all fly together? They are so weird. 8 bags of luggage?!! Who does she think she is? Kim K? Don't take all that luggage and then bitch and moan about it the whole time. She really is such a total loser.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

luvey wrote:
Ophelia wrote:^ And if they were so bothered about the fee for the Uber to take them 2 blocks, why didn't one of them just take some of the bags there, leave them with the hotel and come back for the rest?
i thought the same thing!

what bothered me the most about that IG story, was whatever accent/infliction of tone they were using....especially Estee.

though, i had a good laugh when they mentioned the hotel didn't have an elevator. karma. when Aslan mentioned that, all i could think of was "i bet they got some type of hipster boutique hotel."
She instagrammed a pic of breakfast at the Drake. If they stayed there, yes it is the epitome of a hipster boutique hotel lol.

It looks like they made a detour to have a night out/day in DT Toronto before heading to KW. Strange to do so when you know you're coming home for the holidays with a pile of luggage.

The complaining about money puzzled me too. I get being annoyed at the cumbersome and arduous process of not having a luggage cart, the porter, the cab, etc. But $10 must be like 50 cents to them. I guess most of her followers think she's just an average girl but hearing millionaires complain about normal airport taxi prices and a $10 fee was weird and almost offensive.

And the airport is nowhere near the DT core where the Drake is, so an SUV airport taxi would of course cost that amount.

Also did anyone catch how Estee mentioned they fought because Aslan asked her if she could call an Uber and she said she didn't want to turn her data on yet, so he did? Not understanding that one tbh.

SaveLeyla
Debater
Debater

Post by SaveLeyla »

Wtf is up with Estee in her girl power book video only having read 3 of the books and one is her own???

"I'm going to recommend this even though I haven't read it"
"This is such a great book, it's on my to read list"
"My boyfriend read this and said it was good"

She wants to be a reader so bad it's pathetic. She has all the time in the world to read and she still doesn't but wants to appear as though she loves
books... ????

grilledbeefpetty
Learner
Learner

Post by grilledbeefpetty »

Did you guys watch their Q&A Vlogmas??? Pure gold.

Actual quote: "The problem is, that I have, it's easy to for me to get people to like me, from right off the bat. It's hard to get people to keep liking me."

Oh, Estée. At least she's aware of the problem, haha. I almost died laughing when she said that, because I'm not sure if she knows how right she really is. And Aslan just nods. And smiles. Doesn't really offer a rebuttal.

love it.

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

They try too hard to use sexual references. I didn't find the eggplant emoji placed on Aslan's private parts to be funny.

I was probably wrong in what I said before about Estee and Aslan. They do seem close and in love, I may have caught them at a time where they seemed off.

Aslan: I'm loving a lot of informational channels recently... :D

Estee: How do you think others first perceived you?

Aslan: Not terribly well. Haha

Everything he said was correct he is an arrogant know-it -all :rofl: .

I found the Q&A to be quite funny just like the old days.

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

grilledbeefpetty wrote:Did you guys watch their Q&A Vlogmas??? Pure gold.

Actual quote: "The problem is, that I have, it's easy to for me to get people to like me, from right off the bat. It's hard to get people to keep liking me."

Oh, Estée. At least she's aware of the problem, haha. I almost died laughing when she said that, because I'm not sure if she knows how right she really is. And Aslan just nods. And smiles. Doesn't really offer a rebuttal.

love it.
lmao that's because she's a phony bitch who uses over the top, insincere flattery to gain people's trust and affection in the beginning , but eventually her true, vicious and insecure self comes out to bite her "friends" in the ass. Estee most definitely knows what a shitty person and friend she is, that's why she's often the one to cut people off first, before they have a chance they dump her ass. That way at least she can maintain her pride and say that person wasn't up to snuff rather than 'whelp, once again as soon as they realized who I really am they ran for their lives...'

They definitely don't seem inlove to me, just codependent. They have their financial scams and secrets to bond over, and they are basically stuck with each other because they are both too self loathing and insecure to re enter the dating scene after being together since their late teens. Neither of them have real jobs, interests, passions or basic social skills, what do they have to bring to the table except for $? They are a couple of dysfunctional assholes and the only people who will tolerate them are assholes just like them and they know it. This loveless relationship saturated with vapid materialism, manipulation and self loathing is the best it gets for them.
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

I liked the Q&A. It showed them as they really are, and they answered most of the questions quite honestly. They know how they are, and they know how they come off. Though I wonder if it's because they're actually that self-aware or if they just read about themselves here :rofl:

fancyvagabond
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by fancyvagabond »

The Q&A definitely showed them as the sad people they are. Aslan as the boring, pretentious loser he is and Estee as the stupid, mentally unstable slob she is. They are both incredibly insecure and socially incompetent and that (plus greed) is what their union is based on.

Estee reached new levels of slob in this video, with the double chin and the trashy hair... She looks like her freaking grandmother, how is this woman 26?

Also looking at the comments, people barely even know Aslan is Kazakh or that his last name is Ryskali, let alone about his criminal inheritance from his father/uncle http://www.eurasianet.org/node/66019
People still do Vlogs? Vlogs are what you shouldn't do when you've got nothing to do. They're terrible. It's like, why don't you make an idea?

- Willam Belli

blipbloop
Learner
Learner

Post by blipbloop »

God this vlogmas has been so depressing, she's been nothing but grim. I think some of it may be due to the fall out with Amelia? Amelia was her one true YT friend that she actually hung out with outside of just video collaborations and phony sponsored lunches. I felt like Amelia was Estee's proof that she was functioning and happy and NORMAL in the whole British YT sphere. Up until now I think Amelia was Estee's only consistent friend she's made since moving to London (and all the pretentious hipster folk i.e. george etc don't count since that's all aslan). Estee sucks balls but I actually feel kinda bad for her.

I've also noticed that she seems kind of excluded from all the typical beauty YT gleam infested events, like all the jo malone/clarins/etc events. Idk if she feels too above those to go, or is just too socially awkward to go.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Well she definitely used to stay away because she would only feel comfortable if Aslan was around. She does seem to like going to Cons, panels, etc., though, and until recently she seemed to have been getting more comfortable being around her fellow ~gurus~ and making tentative 'friendships'.

But you're right in that she never shows up at any of the fancy beauty-oriented 'teas' and breakfasts and stuff. She didn't go to any kind of beauty oriented festive event this season, the main thing she did was the ADIDAS trip to Germany.

I think she's definitely been impacted by what happened with Amelia because you could tell she credited that friendship with a whole change in her attitude about having friends and her ability to adapt to her life in London... it was clear she thought Amelia was one of her best friends, if not her best. But even when they were friends I found it awkward that Estee didn't really seem to be in Amelia's 'inner circle', but, Amelia was clearly her #1.

In terms of her vlogmas, I don't think things are as bad as they were a year or so ago when she was clearly very depressed and her rebrand was going terribly and then her friendship with Fran broke up. But I do think she's going through another wave of something w/r/t her mental illness again, and it probably took her by surprise, since in her book she seemed to have the attitude that she'd 'solved' it. She had headaches/migraines, wasn't 'feeling herself' for some of the earlier days, was super fatigued, missed several days of vlogging inexplicably, and looked more of a mess in that 'Q&A' video than I can remember seeing of her in a while, and that's saying something.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

soooo interesting to see how many people are asking about asslan's background in the comments of the Q&A video.

TeaNBiscuits
Talker
Talker

Post by TeaNBiscuits »

Owli wrote:I think she's definitely been impacted by what happened with Amelia because you could tell she credited that friendship with a whole change in her attitude about having friends and her ability to adapt to her life in London... it was clear she thought Amelia was one of her best friends, if not her best. But even when they were friends I found it awkward that Estee didn't really seem to be in Amelia's 'inner circle', but, Amelia was clearly her #1.
I think Amelia always saw her as a new pet or an animal in a zoo. I always found it annoying how often Amelia laughed at ANYTHING Estee would say, as if she were hilarious. But I quickly realized it was more like 'Oh this crazy common girl. The thing's she comes up with".

I think it was always more a case of rich girl observing a 'normal' girl from podunk Canada. And Estee saw Amelia as this glamorous thing.

I could be completely wrong but that is what I always perceived from their vlogging moments.

elsaskywalker
Learner
Learner

Post by elsaskywalker »

Can someone explain what happened between her and Amelia?

fruitloaf

Post by fruitloaf »

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I didn't really see Estee and Amelia as very close friends. I always thought that they were nothing more than work colleagues who sometimes hung out for work purposes. I did find their friendship awkward with Amelia constantly laughing when Estee spoke and to me Estee came across as equally awkward but more belittling and sarcastic towards Amelia. I just didn't see a genuinely close friendship between them and they do seem to have different personalities and livelihoods. The way I see Estee is that she's almost incapable of maintaining or making friends with anybody and will eventually distance herself as she doesn't like to get too close to people.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

I think it would be okay if Estee would stop trying to be someone she's not (some kind of guru), and acting fake outgoing and pretending to be friendly with people she clearly couldn't give two shits about. If she doesn't like being close to people or having friends, that's her prerogative, but it's the FAKENESS that really grinds my gears. She should just be herself, even if that means just hanging out with Aslan and their dog. Like, stop trying to convince us you're some sort of #girlboss or that you have any real friends. I think it'd actually be fascinating if she just vlogged and acted like her true self and never did a lame ass makeup tutorial or "favorites" video again.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”