Estee Labland?

tadahhhhh
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Estée Lalonde - General thread part 17

Post by tadahhhhh »

I'm personally a big fan of Assland Lalonde for a new thread name (major thanks to whoever posted that name originally!)

I just wanna add a couple of things to what other people have said about Estee and the Glamour Awards. Firstly, Amelia's vlog really highlights how much her and Estee's relationship seems to have cooled recently. They went from BBFs to...well. Massively awkward vibes. I wonder what happened? They used to pop up in each other's vlogs all the time and Estee seemed really happy in Dubai when they were together. Maybe Amalia realised what a total fake she is. Also, I don't get what's going on with Estee's attitude at these events. Amelia, Viviana, Fleur and the other girls seemed to be having a genuinely good time whereas Estee can't be bothered to vlog and looks bored/pissed off the entire time. She gets invited to all these cool places yet she doesn't seem to appreciate any of it.

I also wanna add that I used to really feel for Estee in terms of social anxiety. I remember watching her old videos where she talked about not having many friends and being kind of a loner. And I totally understood that. I went through a period of serious anxiety when I was 17/18 yrs old where I found interacting with other people really stressful. But then I went off to university and I really pushed myself to get involved in new things. And it helped. I became a lot more confident and able to deal with my anxiety. I'm never going to be the life and soul of the party and that's ok, but I've learnt to get involved and not be so afraid of social situations now. I really wish Estee could do this too. The trouble is she's created this weird bubble for herself, and it makes it harder for her to step out if it. Youtube as a career is quite isolating, as it involves a lot of artificial interactions. She doesn't really have any colleagues to deal with and even her army of followers are only responding to the online persona she's created. Whoever said that Aslan is a classic enabler got it right. Their sheltered rich kid lifestyle only seems to have exacerbated Estee's social ineptness.

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

Ooooh, there were some weird vibes in that vlog.

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

Omg the outfit looks even worse in the video. Yikes.
XOXO

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

tadahhhhh wrote:I don't get what's going on with Estee's attitude at these events. Amelia, Viviana, Fleur and the other girls seemed to be having a genuinely good time whereas Estee can't be bothered to vlog and looks bored/pissed off the entire time.
for this particular event, i give Estee a bit of a pass. her grandfather was sick during the time, and it was right before they left for Canada?

BUT i will agree that the friendship either cooled or was just a work thing.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

x

Matrioska
Learner
Learner

Post by Matrioska »

luvey wrote:
for this particular event, i give Estee a bit of a pass. her grandfather was sick during the time, and it was right before they left for Canada?

BUT i will agree that the friendship either cooled or was just a work thing.
totally agree!
but i thought Glamour event was after she'd got back from Canada 1st time and before the funerals. But anyway i can understand why she wasn't all fun and joy.
English is not my native language!

Sybil Vane
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sybil Vane »

Estée YOLOnde, maybe? :D

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luvey »

Matrioska wrote: totally agree!
but i thought Glamour event was after she'd got back from Canada 1st time and before the funerals. But anyway i can understand why she wasn't all fun and joy.
yeah, i couldn't remember if it was before or after Canada....but i did know it was around that moment her grandfather was sick. so it is an easy and understandable explanation for her behavior at that particular event.

empress of
Learner
Learner

Post by empress of »

tadahhhhh wrote:Amelia, Viviana, Fleur and the other girls seemed to be having a genuinely good time whereas Estee can't be bothered to vlog and looks bored/pissed off the entire time. She gets invited to all these cool places yet she doesn't seem to appreciate any of it.
it bothers me that estee can't seem to join in on the fun with everyone else. maybe she feels like she's being awkward and socially anxious but it comes off as snobby behavior, like she is too good to get involved in their silly antics. that clip in amelia's glamour awards vlog where all the girls were sitting on couches waiting for the manuka doctor event to begin really highlighted how different amelia's interactions are versus estee's. amelia may not be the best of chums with the other beauty vloggers in the room but she works much harder than estee does to socialize and network in a friendly, inclusive way. she, anna, lily, and the other girls that were there seemed to be having a fun girly time, and estee was kind of off on the margins schmoozing with random beauty people and droning on about how happy she was to sit next to alex steinher.

i honestly bet that alex took pity on estee for being separated from friends and was forced to chit chat and small talk with her throughout the evening so estee wouldn't look stranded.

edit: i think the reasons for amelia and estee's different social habits are their different upbringings. estee came into all of aslan's inheritance money rather abruptly and she overwhelmed herself by spending it on luxuries. she is learning how to mingle with wealthy fashion people as she goes, whereas amelia has been brought up all her life to maintain proper etiquette, avoid social climbing by keeping in touch with a core group of friends (isabella, pippa, guy), and to quickly recognize hangers-on so her generosity doesn't get taken advantage of.

i'm not saying amelia is a perfect friendly angel, but she is tactful with girl friends, knows to politely distance herself from clingy or fake pals, and can maintain years-long friendships with people in the fashion industry whereas estee uses 'em and loses 'em. i think amelia has realized essie's nature and is stepping back a little from being "besties" for fear of getting hurt.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

tadahhhhh wrote:I remember watching her old videos where she talked about not having many friends and being kind of a loner.
Not to say that she couldn't have still been lonely in a crowd, but there are those old photos of her in a bar and some from a bit later (blonde hair, lost a bit of weight) where she's also with friends. She mentioned being in a car accident shortly after learning to drive and having friends in the car as well. When she paints herself now as a loner back in the day, it brings up pictures of her being truly alone, never going out with friends, when it seems like she did have enough social skills to maintain friendships, even if they maybe weren't close enough for her to really be herself. I don't get the impression that she has always been the way she is over the past couple of years, and agree her set-up allows her to isolate herself.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

She also sometimes mentiones that she's meeting up with old friends when she's in Canada. I think her moving to London is what really cut her off from other people. She was probably insecure because she didn't know anyone, was in a strange city etc so she started clinging to the Ass and that was the beginning of her isolation. I really think she needs to get away from him for a looong long time.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

TTGirl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by TTGirl »

SuggthePug wrote:Image

Fucking hell, Estée.

Yuck yuck I almost threw up!

Gummo_Sevigny
Informer
Informer

Post by Gummo_Sevigny »

May I suggest Estee Lalame :rofl:
THESE HOES AIN'T LOYAL

lush
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lush »

hi - never posted before, just wanted to say something since this has been bugging me.
Haven't watched Estee for a while now, which is so sad to say since she used to be my #1 ya know.
But anyway, i just noticed her thumbnail on what I think is her latest video? The Korean Beauty Haul..
A while ago I saw estee talk on a blogger panel, and at the event they had special video showings (she showed her internet detox video), and one of the other blogger's videos there was a trial of the bubbling face mask (and its ensuing hilarity) -- which i can see Estee is using in her Korean Beauty Haul thumbnail.
It rubs me the wrong way that she's kinda lifted this idea from someone else -- i know it happens all the time on Youtube but it is still irksome to see.
I don't know if it would be considered stealing an idea, but maybe a lack of her own original ideas? idk
glad to know I'm not the only one put off by her lately though. Its not a nice feeling, since I used to trust and admire her and her content so much.
:grump:

Post by Guest »

...What is even on that monstrosity she's wearing? It looks like burgers and french fries :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kowabunga
Informer
Informer

Post by kowabunga »

Wait, these aren't burgers and fries??? Seriously, I thought this was a "joke" jumpsuit...like the t-shirt with the donuts in the boob area.
"Money corrupts people. And free body wash." lips

pwomp
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by pwomp »

kowabunga wrote:Wait, these aren't burgers and fries??? Seriously, I thought this was a "joke" jumpsuit...like the t-shirt with the donuts in the boob area.
I'm like 95% sure they're pajamas. (And if they're not... :? )

ebba_1891
Learner
Learner

Post by ebba_1891 »

^
They're grilled cheese sandwiches - something she loves and is the self-proclaimed queen of making.
kowabunga wrote:She also sometimes mentiones that she's meeting up with old friends when she's in Canada. I think her moving to London is what really cut her off from other people. She was probably insecure because she didn't know anyone, was in a strange city etc so she started clinging to the Ass and that was the beginning of her isolation. I really think she needs to get away from him for a looong long time.
ahahah dying.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

Does anyone think that her fake lashes are not right for her face? I think they age her a lot.

Return to “Estee Lalonde”