Essiebutton: Single White Female

letswiki
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Essiebutton: Single White Female

Post by letswiki »

Post below with instances in which Estee has ripped off someone with more imagination and style (Megan Isobel, Lily Pebbles etc.)

Thought it was about time we had a separate thread, as a few people asked for one in the main thread. x

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Essiebutton: Single White Female

Post by randomthoughts »

MeganIsobel:

Essiebutton 3 weeks later:

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by randomthoughts »

tellmeitsfancy wrote:A sheep is a sheep is a sheep
baaaaa

essiebutton- 3 weeks ago
lilypebbles - 4 weeks ago

Just emphasizing lack of style, creativity, brain.
Gleam bots.

Post by Guest »

Well to be fair Lily Pebbles is not the epitome of creativity herself, she copied that outfit and literally almost everything else on her blog/yt from Anna (ViviannaDoesMakeup).

Saneinsanity
Talker
Talker

Post by Saneinsanity »

Wtf is this thread. I've worn a kimono, shorts and a vest before. Am I single white femaling? Are you gonna call her out when she wears jeans, a it's hurt and some flats. No one really dresses originally

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by randomthoughts »

wishwishwish.net

essiebutton.com

Similar color scheme, illustration style, scattered design… pretty obvs. And the person who first mentioned the similarities on GG only noticed it after Estee mentioned the wishwishwish website. Hmm.. coincidence?

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by randomthoughts »

Saneinsanity wrote:Wtf is this thread. I've worn a kimono, shorts and a vest before. Am I single white femaling? Are you gonna call her out when she wears jeans, a it's hurt and some flats. No one really dresses originally
Did we call her out for wearing jeans and flats? It's not like every time we see Estee do something generic we're gonna say she's copying someone. But in cases where it's obvious, yes, I like to poke fun at her and say she's single white femaling because she does it so often.

She has no ideas of her own and often copies other people's ideas to a tee. It's blatantly obvious she saw Lily's (or Vivianna's) outfit pic and decided to mimic it. She does this is all areas of life. And no, it's not a crime to copy someone's outfit, but this is just an example of how unoriginal and uncreative Estee is.

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

Saneinsanity wrote:Wtf is this thread. I've worn a kimono, shorts and a vest before. Am I single white femaling? Are you gonna call her out when she wears jeans, a it's hurt and some flats. No one really dresses originally

It's odd how she copies the exact items and patterns, though. This happens a lot with her, as if she has no clue how to dress herself. Oh wait, she doesn't! lol. She looks like a slob most of the times and when she tries to emulate looks others have worm, she usually looks dumpy and odd since many pieces simply don't work for her body (and I think she knows she's only several kilos away from Lena Dunham territory. #sorrynotsorry).

That said, a lot of bloggers are so basic. The "fashion bloggers" all copy each other, only 5% have truly unique ideas. The others just buy the same shit from Topshop, COS, Wildfox, mofo ASOS (And I say mofo, because everyone and their grandmother buys the same things from their site) .....and Nike, evidently. lol.

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by randomthoughts »

-I think we can all agree that Estee is someone who does not do research, buys things on a whim, can't explain why she buys/uses/likes products and MeganIsobel is someone who is generally more thoughtful and knowledgable, does things with a purpose, etc.
-And the idea of adopting a greyhound is a pretty individual/specific idea, no?

I remember Meg tweeting about greyhounds and how they're neglected after their racing careers. She tweeted this when Estee was still living with her. Coincidence?

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

^^Does Estee ever have an original idea? lol. ever?

It's nice to adopt an animal, of course....and Meg doesn't have claim to the idea....buuuuuut, Estee seems to latch onto anything she has done....or anyone else does. :? :?

I'm curious to see what "Amelia-isms" she picks up lately. :P

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

Not to mention her personality/interests have completely transformed since she met Aslan. Right Estee, I'm sure you were dreaming of traveling through Scandinavia and going out for edamame when you were living in some podunk town in Canada. She has no identity, thoughts, or interests of her own. Besides maybe Tim Hortons and Oprah.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

^ And then what happened to the things she likes of her own accord? Oprah book not good enough for the living room bookcase and as she puts out the Tim Hortons Christmas things while Aslan's at work, she says he won't like them.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

randomthoughts
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by randomthoughts »

How people who've been copied by other people feel.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

randomthoughts wrote:wishwishwish.net

essiebutton.com

Similar color scheme, illustration style, scattered design… pretty obvs. And the person who first mentioned the similarities on GG only noticed it after Estee mentioned the wishwishwish website. Hmm.. coincidence?
that's a total rip off! she hired an illustrator to do the design, she probably gave her this website as 'inspiration' (cough*copy it please*cough)

Post by Guest »

Here's another blog with a similar design, not sure who copies who:
http://www.thewonderforest.com

letswiki
Informer
Informer

Post by letswiki »

I feel like Carrie (wishwishwish) has had hers for a year... (I've followed her blog since she started it and she posted on thehighstreet, lol.)

It's definitely a trend.

Another one: www.fashionrocksmysocks.com

I swear I was looking at new blogs the other day and saw another two with the same style of header.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

In all fairness the blog design similarities just look like they are using a template, maybe had the same designer do it? It's hard nowadays to get a unique looking website.

bells77
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bells77 »

The template/layout is one thing, but - just thinking of the few I've dealt with in Wordpress - you can upload your own header image (infinite possibilities there) without having to know how to change the code. If they want to go that step further they can look into changing the font style and link colours, paying someone if needed. A few tweaks like that can make the site look different enough even though they have the same layout.

EDIT:

Illustrators may have a style they stick to, but if the website designer was responsible (i.e. the website designer picked the illustrations or did them themselves) for all these sites being almost carbon-copies of each other then I think the web designer needs to hang their head... What is the point of paying someone to create your space on the internet if it's going to look so similar to other sites - your competitors?
Last edited by bells77 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh my glob! I always wanted to write trashy books for lay-dees!

conflate
Informer
Informer

Post by conflate »

bellavia wrote:

That said, a lot of bloggers are so basic. The "fashion bloggers" all copy each other, only 5% have truly unique ideas. The others just buy the same shit from Topshop, COS, Wildfox, mofo ASOS (And I say mofo, because everyone and their grandmother buys the same things from their site) .....and Nike, evidently. lol.
Yup. I don't think it's Estee copying anyone really, I think it's that they are all copying each other... and more prominent fashion bloggers. Meg is DEFINITELY not original, she's just a major Scandi style copy cat. I always find it funny when everyone is like omg, Estee rips off Meg... when Meg rips off an entire lifestyle. It's pretty much all the same crap.

bits
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bits »

badbitchlikethis wrote:Not to mention her personality/interests have completely transformed since she met Aslan. Right Estee, I'm sure you were dreaming of traveling through Scandinavia and going out for edamame when you were living in some podunk town in Canada. She has no identity, thoughts, or interests of her own. Besides maybe Tim Hortons and Oprah.
As someone who grew up in podunk Wisconsin (basically Canada) I've actually always wanted to do that and still do! Might be because lots of towns around that area were founded by Scandinavians so there are a lot of cultural elements around, grew up eating lefse, etc without having a Norwegian/Scandinavian bone in my body. I have a friend from Sweden and she makes me want to visit even more.

Totes agree with her lack of originality, but I would kill to go on the road trip they're currently on. Estee seems to be having an awful time though, so there's that...

Super late post. :o
@zoella shove ya gingerbread cutter up ya arse xoxo

Return to “Estee Lalonde”