This picture deserves it's own thread

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: This picture deserves it's own thread

Post by gonebabygone »

Ack, her house must be so sad to live in.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@pumpkinparade: Michelle Phan isn't a charitable person. She just likes to give off that image that she cares about others.
Now, about that picture...that's a lot of shit...

ScarletRose31
Talker
Talker

Post by ScarletRose31 »

@tamithomas Wow - those shelves are packed! I wonder why she has so many hair and skin products? I can understand all the speculation about her make-up stash, but the hair and skin products would be so much easier to use up in a shorter amount of time. Maybe she just tries something out, decides it's not her favorite, and pushes it to the side thinking she may use it later? With her make-up, she likes to try and display it all pretty, but the shelf in her bathroom reminds me of the bath and beauty clearance section of T.J. Maxx - unorganized and a lot of the liquid items appear to have been used a couple times.

I was curious and looked up expiration dates.
http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashio ... index.html

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

I personally think it's just an extension to her hoarding problem. I'm all for having a few extra products that are "Save for later for right before paycheck" back ups but her bathroom is beyond that. I can understand keeping one or two of each type of product like shampoo, conditioner ect for later but all of it? I could be wrong as I'm not a psychiatrist but it just doesn't seem normal.

I used to have the same problem, not actual hoarding as a whole but only for beauty or hygiene products. I used to keep every product I bought even if I hated it so that "just in case" which I knew would never happen I would decide to use it. I finally faced it one day and did a serious clean up. I did the same with makeup both the collection of crap that I knew I would never use. Since I did my clean up, I refuse to turn back. She's basically a me before I snapped myself out of it.

lacrymosa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lacrymosa »

I know this is old now but I generally don't understand why people would possibly post pictures like this other than to show-off.

Well, i'm an anti-clutter enthusiast so i sure ain't impressed.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

tamithomas wrote:More hoarding, she needs desperate help.

:lol: those shelves remind me of the clearance section at your local tjmaxx/marshalls hahaha

allure
Informer
Informer

Post by allure »

Sad.

boohoo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by boohoo »

The picture that this thread was started for, showed up on my dash on tumblr one day and it had somewhere over 37k notes. Horrible. Over 37.000 people think that it's okay to hoard so much make-up and freaking put it on the floor. Smh.

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

boohoo wrote:The picture that this thread was started for, showed up on my dash on tumblr one day and it had somewhere over 37k notes. Horrible. Over 37.000 people think that it's okay to hoard so much make-up and freaking put it on the floor. Smh.
Yikes. I hope some of those are "GROSS." reblogs and not actually supporting/envious of the photo :(

Uhlizubeth
Informer
Informer

Post by Uhlizubeth »

I feel really bad for dulce.
Hoarding can become really serious and she obviously has some self esteem issues. All of her hoarding money could have gone toward her son :(

I'm very curious, what is her husbands channel?

Kookies71
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Kookies71 »

And then she says I use everything I don't like waisting stuff in her makeup collection like really

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

Wow.

I do makeup for a living, and all of my stuff fits into a bag the size of a carry on. And I have 6 or 7 gigs a week on average. So what's her excuse?

Free product or not, that's ridiculous. I'm not subscribed to Dulce, but of the 5 or so videos I've seen, she does the sane look over and over.

gonebabygone
Informer
Informer

Post by gonebabygone »

artlovemoney wrote:Wow.

I do makeup for a living, and all of my stuff fits into a bag the size of a carry on. And I have 6 or 7 gigs a week on average. So what's her excuse?

Free product or not, that's ridiculous. I'm not subscribed to Dulce, but of the 5 or so videos I've seen, she does the sane look over and over.
Yup, Sharpie eyeliner! I applaud you for being an actual working MUA and having a reasonable collection. All these beauty gurus who claim to be makeup artists (not Dulce...) have a shit ton of makeup and they keep using "I'm a makeup artist so that's why I have a lot of product" excuse/reason, but I never even see a portfolio of work they've actually done. So fake.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

gonebabygone wrote:
artlovemoney wrote:Wow.

Yup, Sharpie eyeliner! I applaud you for being an actual working MUA and having a reasonable collection. All these beauty gurus who claim to be makeup artists (not Dulce...) have a shit ton of makeup and they keep using "I'm a makeup artist so that's why I have a lot of product" excuse/reason, but I never even see a portfolio of work they've actually done. So fake.
No applause needed, but thank you anyway lol.

I can't afford to have tons of product.

1- its a waste of money. Since I pay for everything myself, I can't have tons of stuff that I won't use. Putting my paychecks back into makeup WITH bills to take care of cut down on being a product junkie quick, fast, and in a hurry.
2- I have to haul that stuff everywhere. My back will NOT thank me for attempting to carry 4,376,265 bottles of foundation and 90,702,173 eyeshadows.

But speaking on my personal makeup, all my everyday makeup fits in this with room to spare:

A drawer in my vanity for eyelashes (10 sets that I don't even use), another drawer (very shallow) for less used things, and this cheap thing from target to hold my duplicates.

I have a serious fear of things I love being discontinued, and that isn't even half filled. I should say those products aren't going to go BAD, like 80% of the stuff Dulce has all over the place. She should learn that these little icons on products....

...aren't there to just look pretty.

LadyDaydream
Talker
Talker

Post by LadyDaydream »

Someone really needs to call the show Hoarders and get her some help lol

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

artlovemoney made me think of something which you make a very valid point. You see all of these guru's who do makeup collection videos but I'd be curious to know just how much of the stuff is out dated/passed their expiration date and not just sitting there to make it look like you're rich and are not usable? aka how much of the stuff is actually ready to be used.

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

artlovemoney, what does that icon mean?

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

those icons tell you the expiration date from the time you open the makeup.

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

I just want to point out that the expiration date on the package usually is not that accurate. Products can last much longer, depending on where you store them and the care you give them.
Nevertheless, she just has WAY too much...especially since she doesn't do many different looks or truly experiment with colors...

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

Oh, okay. I just throw my makeup away after a certain time. I know eyeshadows, eyeliners, blushes, and lip glosses last one to two years. Lipstick can last at least five. Foundation is up to one year. I think concealer is up to a year as well. Mascara is three months. And powder, pressed or loose, is one to two years. I can't remember for liquid eyeliner...If I'm wrong about these timeframes, let me know someone. So I won't have old makeup and not know it. Haha

Return to “Dulce Candy”