thank you!

Justalkin
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DulceCandy87 General Thread Part 3

Post by Justalkin »

Her latest video is just cringey. She's clearly out of video ideas and i don't blame her. But lol she called Europe a country.

DreamyCat
Informer
Informer

Post by DreamyCat »

I started watching Dulce back in like 2009 when I was 14 and I remember her as one of the bigger beauty gurus of that time. Looking now at her videos, its sad that she has lost that popularity but I can see why. Like others have said, she has been unable to renovate her videos and keep up with the changes of youtube. She does family vlogs that none of her subscribers who subscribed to her for her beauty/fashion videos care about and her beauty related videos remind me of QVC. She has, indeed, changed her content but not in a good way. I've been watching a lot of youtubers since pretty much youtube started and there are several things I have noticed. First of all, if a youtuber wants to remain relevant, they much change their content in a way that doesn't stray too much from their original roots, but that also goes with what is currently popular. Take Shane Dawson for example. He's been on youtube for already like 10 years, has 10 million subscribers, and still manages to get al least a million views on most of his videos. Why? Because he has been able to change accordingly. He used to do tons of skits, but skits are not all that popular on youtube anymore, so now he does conspiracy videos, parodies, and humorous videos. Dulce is stuck in 2009 and doesn't care or has no idea on how to bring her channel back up again.

I don't know why she doesn't do makeup reviews anymore. Its not like she's completely irrelevant as an influencer, considering all the PR she gets from pretty much every current mainstream makeup brands. If she keeps receiving all this free makeup and never does reviews about them, what does she do with all of it? I remember I used to look up to her so much. Back then, there weren't many popular Mexican-American beauty gurus and hearing her story about crossing to the US, going to Iraq, meeting her husband, going to fashion school, I just admired her so much. And all her videos about spirituality and shit, is she even being real? Is she maybe trying to pull a Trisha Paytas but has failed miserably? Why can't she understand that what made her popular were beauty videos and that if she suddenly changes her content the people who came to her channel for makeup are simply not going to watch her? Its common sense.

As for her Mexican, self hate or "white washed" wannabe, idk how to feel about that or if we should even hold that against her. If you're Mexican (or Hispanic for that matter) you know that there is a lot of racism and self hate for brown skinned Mexicans. White skin is always seen as superior and more beautiful. White people are even seen as wealthier. Its a remnant from Spanish/European invasion that we have failed to eradicate even though most mexicans are brown/tanned and have both European and Indigenous ancestry. What does that have to do with Dulce? Well, I remember her mentioning how, among her sisters and family, she was among the darkest one. Why would she feel the need to mention something so seemingly mundane and irrelevant? I was born with light skin, but during some years of my life I got very tanned due to unprotected skin during swimming lessons and everyone in my family, including my own parents, would not shut up about how "black" I was and would make backhanded comments about how much better I looked with lighter skin. This made me very insecure and it made me see my own skin as ugly. Living in the US made this sentiment even worse as I wanted to be white and look and be rich like my friends. Its hard to explain how much hidden racism there still is even though we like to pretend we are this diverse, open, and accepting nation. No person is born racist, and that includes racial self hate. I saw a comment saying that maybe something happened to her during her childhood like bullying or something and I also think that's possible. Us hispanics can be so fucking racist against our own people.

The only thing I don't understand is why she speaks english perfectly but speaks spanish with a thick accent even though her parents only speak spanish. That always seemed strange to me. My only theory would be that she faked being a white washed latina for so long that what started as a pretense became real with practice and she now has trouble speaking spanish, just like she really wanted.

ZurichTeresa
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by ZurichTeresa »

its usually a problem with bilingual people

TheObserver
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by TheObserver »

Wow! I used to watch her a lot years ago and recently I checked her channel and omg what happened? She have 2m subs and the last vid posted 1 week ago have only 36k views! And I see she's doing more spanish videos now trying to get famous in the hispanic beauty community because she knows her channel is dead, nothing wrong with explore other areas but wow!

...She should be proud of being able to speak and understand two languages fluently not everyone can do that. I am latina too and proud!
-Always Watching-

speakyourdreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

DulceCandy87 General Thread Part 3

Post by speakyourdreams »

Sheesh her views are terrible. She better give that Audi back lol
On another note I do like the way her house is decorated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know your wife and she wouldnt mind

gooroosphailin
Informer
Informer

Post by gooroosphailin »

adriana12995 wrote: The only thing I don't understand is why she speaks english perfectly but speaks spanish with a thick accent even though her parents only speak spanish. That always seemed strange to me. My only theory would be that she faked being a white washed latina for so long that what started as a pretense became real with practice and she now has trouble speaking spanish, just like she really wanted.
My family is from the Caribbean, this definitely happens often to even kids that grew up with the language and then come to the U.S. as young teenagers. We've seen it time and time again, they lose the grasp of their original language. From personal experience, I don't think it has anything to do with attempting to being a fake white person as you state.

DreamyCat
Informer
Informer

Post by DreamyCat »

gooroosphailin wrote:
adriana12995 wrote: The only thing I don't understand is why she speaks english perfectly but speaks spanish with a thick accent even though her parents only speak spanish. That always seemed strange to me. My only theory would be that she faked being a white washed latina for so long that what started as a pretense became real with practice and she now has trouble speaking spanish, just like she really wanted.
My family is from the Caribbean, this definitely happens often to even kids that grew up with the language and then come to the U.S. as young teenagers. We've seen it time and time again, they lose the grasp of their original language. From personal experience, I don't think it has anything to do with attempting to being a fake white person as you state.
I get what you're saying. I am also Mexican and came to the U.S. when I was 9. Like Dulce's parents, my parents only speak Spanish. However, I am able to speak both English and Spanish fine without a problem. It is true that is is very common for immigrants' children to lose or struggle with their native language, but I've only seen it happen with bilingual Mexican parents that decide to only speak English at home and therefore their kids end up only speaking English with little to no Spanish. But I've never seen a Mexican-American struggle with their Spanish when both of their parents only speak Spanish. It would make more sense for her to struggle with English, since it wasn't the language spoken at her home. That's why I find it strange and why I think she began her "struggle" with Spanish as a pretense.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Yeah but people are different. People born here and who go to school only here will have an accent a lot of the time. I don’t have one but i struggle to find the right words sometimes. I’ve had a lot of friends over the years who were raised here and speak with an accent to their parents. It’s nothing new and nothing weird.

MrsMiaWallace
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MrsMiaWallace »

Omg, what happened to her channel? I've known Dulce's channel from the beginning (never followed her tho, she's just not my cup of tea) and I know she's one of the OG and she was BIG. But now.. her views range from 30-60k views? There's even a vid with only 22k views? What the hell happened to her? And I'm really curious how she is able to pay all her bills now she gets lousy views.. lesser views means lesser money, right?

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

MrsMiaWallace wrote:Omg, what happened to her channel? I've known Dulce's channel from the beginning (never followed her tho, she's just not my cup of tea) and I know she's one of the OG and she was BIG. But now.. her views range from 30-60k views? There's even a vid with only 22k views? What the hell happened to her? And I'm really curious how she is able to pay all her bills now she gets lousy views.. lesser views means lesser money, right?

I think people have moved on from the OG youtubers to the new up and coming trending ones. As far as her bills I thought the same thing because there's other youtube girls out there with low video views who still live Lavish lifestyles. I assume the money comes from occassional sponsorships and affiliate links, etc.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

she does a TON of sponsored posts, so she probably makes money through that. She labels them PAID PARTNERSHIP at the top in fine print, but I feel she should still use the #ad, because it's in the caption where people will actually read it.

Also, does anyone think she uses a blurring filter or face tunes her photos too much? She used to be so fresh faced but now tries to make her features look really sharp and her skin look blurry and foggy, like Kourtney Kardashian does sometimes.

here's example:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbpshePAWj5 ... ulcecandy https://www.instagram.com/p/BdYhszPFh_w ... kardashian

LunaGotLost
Learner
Learner

Post by LunaGotLost »

Has anyone seen her Book Club video? I'm not sure I want to, but I will say I'm glad she didn't pick out a self-help book at the very least based on the thumbnail.

laurondo
Informer
Informer

Post by laurondo »

adriana12995 wrote:
gooroosphailin wrote:
I get what you're saying. I am also Mexican and came to the U.S. when I was 9. Like Dulce's parents, my parents only speak Spanish. However, I am able to speak both English and Spanish fine without a problem. It is true that is is very common for immigrants' children to lose or struggle with their native language, but I've only seen it happen with bilingual Mexican parents that decide to only speak English at home and therefore their kids end up only speaking English with little to no Spanish. But I've never seen a Mexican-American struggle with their Spanish when both of their parents only speak Spanish. It would make more sense for her to struggle with English, since it wasn't the language spoken at her home. That's why I find it strange and why I think she began her "struggle" with Spanish as a pretense.
There's a chance her parents spoke spanish at home and insisted she only speak english so she would learn it and eventually lose her accent. I have an aunt who did this with her kids because she didn't want them to be made fun of.

And I have other cousins who'll speak mostly english with their parents even though my aunt and uncle will speak spanish with them. It just depends on the family.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

What happened to Dulce's channel? She used to be putting in close to a million views, and now they average 50k, and some are as low as 30k. She has 2+ million subscribes anyway.

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I think she's more of an "Instagram girl/model" now. She actually collaborated on a line of beauty products with some brand and they actually don't look bad! Not that I would order them, but they don't look terrible.

morrigan_88
Informer
Informer

Post by morrigan_88 »

I think it's weird she announced all the projects at once... like one video after the other...
She's gonna run out of things to talk about...

I'm not subscribed but I kept seeing her in my recommended and they were all about new projects that have no conection one to another.
*English is not my first language*

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

In one of her spanish videos she mentioned that she's grown bored of making videos and i don't doubt it. Her views are really bad now and she's just pumping out sponsorships left and right to keep making money from lack of views i imagine

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Does anyone know what her husband's job is? Maybe that plus the sponsorships help supplement the luxurious lifestyle.

Return to “Dulce Candy”