ImJennIm: Wigs Have Doubled Tenfold - Part 8

jellyjellybeanbean
Stalker
Stalker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ImJennIm: Wigs Have Doubled Tenfold - Part 8

Post by jellyjellybeanbean »

not sure if she's really happy about being pregnant or what but congrats to them i guess lol

nameyname
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nameyname »

gratatatata wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 pm
She's such a bitch to her parents. I had to unsubscribe. I can't stand how she talks about her parents. You're 30 years old and just now realizing that you don't have to have an extreme reaction to everything they say? Yikes.
Honestly, this probably is informing her feelings around having her own child. She mentioned worrying about what if she does the best she can and her kid still doesn't love her. She probably worries her child will have the same negative feelings about her that she has about her parents.

Also, it really irked me that in her pregnancy video she said "the only change I made was to get off birth control" and then was surprised she got pregnant. Like, I feel for her, but come on! You can't stop preventing pregnancy and then be surprised that you're pregnant, PCOS or not.

Ahydr0xyA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ahydr0xyA »

nameyname wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am
gratatatata wrote:
Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 pm
She's such a bitch to her parents. I had to unsubscribe. I can't stand how she talks about her parents. You're 30 years old and just now realizing that you don't have to have an extreme reaction to everything they say? Yikes.
Honestly, this probably is informing her feelings around having her own child. She mentioned worrying about what if she does the best she can and her kid still doesn't love her. She probably worries her child will have the same negative feelings about her that she has about her parents.

Also, it really irked me that in her pregnancy video she said "the only change I made was to get off birth control" and then was surprised she got pregnant. Like, I feel for her, but come on! You can't stop preventing pregnancy and then be surprised that you're pregnant, PCOS or not.
Totally agree! how could you be surprised when you decided to get off birth control?? :rofl:

throwaway91_001
Learner
Learner

Post by throwaway91_001 »

Wow this is ONE pregnancy that I did not seeing coming :o I've always seen Jenn as being very immature (even now) so it will be interesting to see if she changes at all during the next few months

Also, was she really surprised that she became preg after coming off birth control? :|

jaime_lannister89
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jaime_lannister89 »

I am so completely shocked that shes pregnant! Based on their recent relationship video it almost seemed like they had a lot of rebuilding to do. She def didn't seem happy to me, even at the end of the video. I'm also interested to see how she'll be in terms of her body. Jenn definitely puts a lot of pressure on herself to remain slender, I feel like she'll have a tough time seeing her body change, and even post partum.

bookworm88
Talker
Talker

Post by bookworm88 »

jaime_lannister89 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:47 pm
I am so completely shocked that shes pregnant! Based on their recent relationship video it almost seemed like they had a lot of rebuilding to do. She def didn't seem happy to me, even at the end of the video. I'm also interested to see how she'll be in terms of her body. Jenn definitely puts a lot of pressure on herself to remain slender, I feel like she'll have a tough time seeing her body change, and even post partum.
Yeah, I haven't watched her in over a year because her videos have just been super boring. I always thought she and Ben were going to break up because she comes off as being incredibly selfish. I wonder if she felt pressure from others in her circle giving birth recently. Will be interesting to watch.

Edit to add: I just watched her video. Ben's reaction compared to hers was wow... I mean, I was scared to be pregnant too but it sounded like she really didn't want to be a mom.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Ahydr0xyA wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:52 am
nameyname wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am

Totally agree! how could you be surprised when you decided to get off birth control?? :rofl:
It took me 5 years to get pregnant after getting off birth control, laughing about it isn't the best response.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

jaime_lannister89 wrote:
She's scared and I get it, it's definitely a very sobering realization that you are now making a human inside your own body and are responsible for them forever... its hard but you just have to take it one day and one task at the time, I think Ben and her family seem very supportive so she's not alone if anything. Having kids is hard, when you are away from them you feel like your heart is outside of your body and you worry lol, I'm a big worry wart like that.

Ahydr0xyA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Ahydr0xyA »

Callan wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:45 pm
Ahydr0xyA wrote:

It took me 5 years to get pregnant after getting off birth control, laughing about it isn't the best response.
Sorry I did not mean this in any malicious way. I guess I was confused as to why someone would be surprised pregnancy wouldn't result from not taking contraceptives anymore. Again I apologize and hope your pregnancy went well

notapupper
Stalker
Stalker

Post by notapupper »

Callan wrote:
Ahydr0xyA wrote:

I agree, I made an account to respond to this bc I found that comment so painfully ignorant. I’ve never tried to get pregnant myself but I have many friends who struggled for over a year to get pregnant, friends who are Jen’s age or even younger. I also know couples who have tried for awhile, finally gotten pregnant, then miscarried. There are so many factors. I wish her nothing but a safe and healthy pregnancy.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Ahydr0xyA wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:25 pm
Callan wrote:

Sorry I did not mean this in any malicious way. I guess I was confused as to why someone would be surprised pregnancy wouldn't result from not taking contraceptives anymore. Again I apologize and hope your pregnancy went well
It can happen very quickly, I think she didn't expect it so it hit her hard when it came to be true. I appreciate your comment back, thank you, everyone is doing well <3

Aurelian
Learner
Learner

Post by Aurelian »

Seems like Jenn will be that parent who’s always seeking their child(ren)’s approval. I hope she prepares well and matures. I believe in her.

Derpina123
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Derpina123 »

jaime_lannister89 wrote:
Callan wrote:
She's scared and I get it, it's definitely a very sobering realization that you are now making a human inside your own body and are responsible for them forever... its hard but you just have to take it one day and one task at the time, I think Ben and her family seem very supportive so she's not alone if anything. Having kids is hard, when you are away from them you feel like your heart is outside of your body and you worry lol, I'm a big worry wart like that.
I wish her and the baby well. Hopefully being a parent make her get over her self-esteem issues.
Callan wrote:
Ahydr0xyA wrote:
Jenn also mentioned having polycystic ovary syndrome, which can make you infertile. I would be surprised if I got pregnant that soon too.

Bootyguru
Learner
Learner

Post by Bootyguru »

I feel like what was weird about the shock, for me, was less about infertility and the being surprised you got pregnant and more about being “oh shit we weren’t even trying and I’m pregnant.” Unless I missed something it seemed like they weren’t trying to have kids, she only made the comment about stopping birth control which I assumed (maybe incorrectly) was for her health and the future. So it always surprises me when people are like yea this wasn’t planned. Like. Y’all do know how babies are made right? At any rate, if she’s happy I love it.

kayka
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kayka »

I think I'm in the minority, but I'm not surprised at all. The moment she revealed her new haircut I knew she's either pregnant or preparing to have a kid. She has that mom look about her now. I wish her all the best, they're going to be really good parents. The fact that she stopped using birth control doesn't mean she expected or wanted to be pregnant. So it's totally normal to be scared and question your parental abilities. It's such a huge life change.

nameyname
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nameyname »

As someone who is married and went off of birth control but still doesn't want children, I think anyone who stops protecting themselves against pregnancy should be at least somewhat mentally prepared to be pregnant. I track my fertile window and use condoms and that has worked so far (coming up on a year of these methods), but I keep a box of pregnancy test strips in my bathroom just in case.

But watching Jenn's most recent update video really clarified their situation - turns out they *were* trying and Jenn thought it would take longer, but instead they conceived on the first try! Hearing both Ben and Jenn's recounting of their thought process was funny because Ben was definitely more open to the possibility and reality of conceiving sooner, while Jenn thought it would take a year. I can empathize with that thinking because I think a lot of the time, we assume what we want to happen with our fertility is what will happen (I used to work on a women's health hotline and heard a lot of both "how did I get pregnant??" and "why am I not pregnant yet??"). Fertility really feels like a crapshoot, but it sounds like Jenn's taking all of the steps she needs to prepare herself for motherhood, and Ben seems like a very loving and supportive partner (ngl, I was meh about Ben until watching him talk about the pregnancy/parenthood and now I think he's lovely and exactly the type of person Jenn needs in this journey).

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Ben definitely grew on me too, plus he's always cooking her something delicious ( mostly on his own channel).

cherrymomo9
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by cherrymomo9 »

Personally still find ben and Jenn so awkzzz idk

Anyway, does anyone else think that Jenn's mouth area/teeth looks different?

ededdneddy
Talker
Talker

Post by ededdneddy »

Hi, I’ve been a lurker for a while but this is my first time commenting here. I used to enjoy watching Jenn before she became out-of-touch & vapid.

Anyways, she announced recently that her so called clothing company she “ran”, Eggie, is no more! https://www.instagram.com/reel/CRrPYP7 ... _copy_link

Hope the link works ~

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radicalternative
Learner
Learner

Post by radicalternative »

Just watched the Gender Reveal video. They're expecting a little baby boy! Almost everyone (including myself lol) was expecting a girl. :D

Return to “Jenn Im”