Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters PART 4

Post by peachypeachy »

sundayriley wrote:
the_nomad wrote:
A few had mentioned while Sophia's Korean is limited, she still includes it in her videos and actually makes the effort to communicate with her family. Jenn likes to claim she's close to her parents but I don't buy it at all. Her interaction and the lack of attempt to converse with her parents in Korean or even Konglish seems otherwise. There is a way to make it work if both parties don't speak the other language well like Sophia has done but you have to want to make that effort. Jenn is just cashing in on how trendy it is to be Korean but truly doesn't care about her heritage or connecting with her parents beyond a superficial level as long as it looks cute to her fans.
I'm completely perplexed by the fact that she can't communicate with her parents. If someone here can enlighten me please do! But I don't understand how a family functions without being able to speak to one another. Is this normal in Korean families? I don't mean to sound ignorant but it's also been mentioned that Sophia doesn't speak much Korean either. Young children pick up languages so easily I don't get how she has nothing. My parents are also immigrants and I am completely bilingual so it's all very strange to me...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
I come from an immigrant family and am the oldest of 2. I'm fluent in cantonese while my little brother can only speak broken phrases here and there in cantonese. My parents are stricter with me since I am the oldest and therefore am expected to communicate fluently in English and Cantonese. Sometimes I even have to translate what my little brother is saying to my parents because even though they've tried to send him to chinese school he just doesn't retain any learning. They've basically given up on him because as long as 1/2 kids can speak Cantonese and translate, it's all good. I imagine that's what happened with Jenn's family. Her brother being the eldest can speak fluent Korean therefore she thinks she doesn't have to. Her parents have also given up on enforcing Korean upon her so she just goes on to blabber english around her parents expecting them to understand when they clearly don't and just ignore her.

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

sundayriley wrote:
the_nomad wrote:
A few had mentioned while Sophia's Korean is limited, she still includes it in her videos and actually makes the effort to communicate with her family. Jenn likes to claim she's close to her parents but I don't buy it at all. Her interaction and the lack of attempt to converse with her parents in Korean or even Konglish seems otherwise. There is a way to make it work if both parties don't speak the other language well like Sophia has done but you have to want to make that effort. Jenn is just cashing in on how trendy it is to be Korean but truly doesn't care about her heritage or connecting with her parents beyond a superficial level as long as it looks cute to her fans.
I'm completely perplexed by the fact that she can't communicate with her parents. If someone here can enlighten me please do! But I don't understand how a family functions without being able to speak to one another. Is this normal in Korean families? I don't mean to sound ignorant but it's also been mentioned that Sophia doesn't speak much Korean either. Young children pick up languages so easily I don't get how she has nothing. My parents are also immigrants and I am completely bilingual so it's all very strange to me...

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
they do speak to one another and can communicate. it's just that they can't discuss deeper topics and i dont think they can speak quickly to each other either (like jenn says she speaks quickly in her videos and her mom wouldn't understand). the annoying thing is how jenn constantly talks about how sad she is that she couldn't connect with her parents deeper via their conversations and yet she does absolutely NOTHING to improve it. shit like "yo umma" "fighting" "aegie" is not going to help her connect with her parents. :roll:

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Jenn talks to strangers more than she talks to her own parents.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

BET, She’ll be more invested in learning and speaking Korean if she gets sponsored to do it in Korea.

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer

Post by Saturnangela7878 »

Jen and vagabond Amy filmed a video called negative emotions and they both said they have angry dads and they were saying how it's typical among Korean men... which makes me wonder if possibly their dads were abusive and they think it's normal ? I just hated how they said in the video that it's typical among older Korean men ajusshi and didn't really seem to find anything wrong with that or at least didn't express it. Is it that in Korean families Are dads allowed to throw temper tantrums while everyone else in the family suppress their anger or something ??? I actually didn't 100% understand what they said since they didn't explain it

As far as I can tell she barely talks/talked to her mom and that accounts for her inaibility to speak and comprehend Korean ( less fluent than English is an exaggeration to say the least ) and her mom's inability to understand her. The fact that her mom can't understand her if she speaks too fast or just speaks something out of the mom's scope of English (which seems tiny from my having witnessed Jen's mom ignore in her vlog from not understanding her lol) speaks volumes as to how Unclose they are

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:Jen and vagabond Amy filmed a video called negative emotions and they both said they have angry dads and they were saying how it's typical among Korean men... which makes me wonder if possibly their dads were abusive and they think it's normal ? I just hated how they said in the video that it's typical among older Korean men ajusshi and didn't really seem to find anything wrong with that or at least didn't express it.
really? her dad seem to be a really gentle man in her vlogs. i dont think they are 'abusive', but probably just grumpy? idk my dad is a very grumpy/"angry" man too but never abusive.

peachypeachy
Talker
Talker

Post by peachypeachy »

^^ I also think they meant angry as in grumpy dads. My dad as well is a typical grumpy asian dad lol.

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

amy is also jenn's part time assistant! so we will be seeing her more on jenn's channel.. i wonder how jenn pays her - $ or makeup? LOL

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

baconandeggs wrote:amy is also jenn's part time assistant! so we will be seeing her more on jenn's channel.. i wonder how jenn pays her - $ or makeup? LOL
Maybe Amy does it for free considering how desperate she is to climb the social ladder.

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer

Post by baconandeggs »

ihatekale wrote:
baconandeggs wrote:amy is also jenn's part time assistant! so we will be seeing her more on jenn's channel.. i wonder how jenn pays her - $ or makeup? LOL
Maybe Amy does it for free considering how desperate she is to climb the social ladder.
true, being seen with jenn and in such a close manner will do her some good, but we will see how it does for amy.

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

i think jenn hired amanda shadforth / oracle fox to run the eggie instagram, which is a really weird, jarring mismatch of aesthetics. it's all photos of jenn's fast fashion koreaboo trash juxtaposed with these super european / white art settings. not to mention whoever is running the eggie account (whether it's shadforth or not) keeps posting images of accessories that eggie doesn't stock (e.g. earrings, sunglasses, a bag) and tagging oraclefox or oraclefoxjournal. what a goddamn mess.

peachypeachy
Talker
Talker

Post by peachypeachy »

nubilelokoian wrote:i think jenn hired amanda shadforth / oracle fox to run the eggie instagram, which is a really weird, jarring mismatch of aesthetics. it's all photos of jenn's fast fashion koreaboo trash juxtaposed with these super european / white art settings. not to mention whoever is running the eggie account (whether it's shadforth or not) keeps posting images of accessories that eggie doesn't stock (e.g. earrings, sunglasses, a bag) and tagging oraclefox or oraclefoxjournal. what a goddamn mess.
Just like how the are you am i ig has random photos of everything lol. But that matches the rumi neely aesthetics and it blends well with AYAI so I'm not mad.

nubilelokoian
Talker
Talker

Post by nubilelokoian »

^ yeah, it matches the are you am i aesthetic, but with eggie it's just off, haha. with eggie, it's as if forever21 randomly started posting pictures of versailles and retro cars in between photos of their fast fashion streetwear clothing.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
baconandeggs wrote:i wonder if jenn is a millionaire tho... :O
i'm sure laurDIY is (i think she should be smart enough to save her ad sense money, i heard her bf saves over 6 figures a month)
IF she was she shouldn't be wearing such poorly made clothing.
I swear I've never seen jen in a nice dress. She always wears these cheap, tacky dresses regardless of how big or fancy the event is.
Lol, that's true! She's always so scruffy.

Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Callan »

She sells out of that Eggiepoo stuff so fast she must only create a limited number of pieces, which can mean a lot of things. Using up leftover fabric and goods from the market, or even selling other people's stuff off with her name attached.

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

Callan wrote:She sells out of that Eggiepoo stuff so fast she must only create a limited number of pieces, which can mean a lot of things. Using up leftover fabric and goods from the market, or even selling other people's stuff off with her name attached.
Orrrr she makes less than a certain amount to make it seem like “demand is so high” for her shtty clothes. It’s smart cuz then the next time they restock or whatever people will make sure to order right away even tho it’s not really that limited.

ihatekale
Debater
Debater

Post by ihatekale »

Callan wrote:
Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
i'm sure laurDIY is (i think she should be smart enough to save her ad sense money, i heard her bf saves over 6 figures a month)
I swear I've never seen jen in a nice dress. She always wears these cheap, tacky dresses regardless of how big or fancy the event is.
I remember way back at some award show or whatever that she had to borrow a formal dress from Sophie because she didn't own any...

Lamonde_
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lamonde_ »

ihatekale wrote:
Callan wrote:
Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
I remember way back at some award show or whatever that she had to borrow a formal dress from Sophie because she didn't own any...
Exactly. She knows she doesn’t own anything worthy to wear at an important event. Atleast she embodies her “frugality” through her ugly clothes

beesaremyjam
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beesaremyjam »

just watched nov. favorites.....

"I'm kind of in more of a natural subtle makeup look right now" with a face full of makeup and false lashes

this is also just an annoyance of mine but i hate when she uses the verb "smash" to describe things she finished quickly like "I smashed this book out" "I smashed out this movie" ... it just sounds dumb idk if it's just me

kimdoyeon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kimdoyeon »

btw guys, i think we need to create a new thread for jenn?

i just watched her negative emotions vlog as well as the sipping sista one. i think it gave her parents quite a bad impression when she said that her dad is always angry and her mom contributes to most of her stress and stuff? amy tries to make it sound better by rephrasing it but jenn just straight up said that her dad is always angry. anyway that vlog was too long tbh so i didn't finish it. as for her "guest appearance" on sipping sista, all she said was "WOWWWW" :roll: :roll:

Return to “Jenn Im”