clothesencounters Part 2

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: clothesencounters Part 2

Post by smashthebox »

ThatCrayCray wrote:I didn't even know Jenn had a sex tape until today. Just found out earlier. It's really weird watching her videos now lol I didn't think she would be the type. oh well lol.
I just found out by reading your comment! I didn't see her as that type either... how did you find out? I don't really watch her, just notice her videos here and there.

Lolokwow
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Lolokwow »

i didn't se jean going into acting (and honestly i she wouldn't be very good). I figured she'd be smart enough to recognize that acting is not a strong suit of hers but who i guess we'll see?

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by timesnewroman »

I think she wants to go an Anna akana route? Anna has her issues but irregardless I think Jenn wants to become similar to her in the sense that she wants to represent Asian Americans in more popular culture/media. She understands yt isn't forever and wants to establish a career outside of yt but I think she should be aiming to be a creative director somewhere. Anna took a bunch of acting classes and aimed to be an actor while jenn just kind of hopes with her popularity and connections to end up as an actor.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Also I'm amazed she didn't even register to vote. I live in a red state that never swings and I voted. The county I live in actually turned blue for this election and multiple counties by us did too, it contributed a difference imo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

she didnt vote?

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

If you watch any of her Dear LA or Hang Time with Jenn Im videos on Refinery29, she is just so awkward and stiff. Even if she were to be a host/presenter, she'd STILL need acting lessons. She only comes off naturally if she's with actual friends, reading something she's scripted herself, or recording alone in a room. Being popular on the internet doesn't always translate to real life or traditional entertainment (like Grace Helbig getting a show on E! and then pretty much immediately getting cancelled).

On one hand I'm glad she doesn't talk about politics or any other touchy subjects usually. But obviously she couldn't ignore the rally happening right outside though. It's disappointing that she didn't vote, because she should have known (being a reasonably intelligent person) that voting isn't just about voting for the president every four years. I know when I filled out my ballot there were like 10 or 15 propositions to vote on in my city alone and some of them will bring some major changes to California. I liked that she owned up to it and addressed it in a mature way.

Also I think it's time for a Part 3 thread maybe? I don't quite know how this works lol.

rollingwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by rollingwaves »

alldelicious wrote:she didnt vote?
Correct, she did not vote. She mentions it around the 1:50 mark in her jennvember #2 vlog.

I can't believe she didn't even register. she's like 25-26 and could have registered at 18. so was she not registered this whole time? best case scenario, maybe she registered when she lived in norcal and didn't re-register after moving to socal. but either way, not great. it's really frustrating to see someone roughly the same age as me + from the same background (like jenn, i'm also asian american) make an active decision not to vote because they think their vote doesn't matter. asian americans aren't well represented in the voter population and need better turnout. not only that, but local/state elections matter too. I registered to vote as soon as I moved to CA two years ago and there were a lot of measures on the ballot this year that were really important. I understand her reasons for addressing the fact that she didn't vote, but man was I annoyed to hear that she didn't even register

also, it really isn't cool to film people at protests without their consent (especially if you are posting the footage on social media). based on how many people were shown, it doesn't seem likely that she obtained permission from everyone. she could have blurred out faces/identifying features at least. it's fine that she's educating herself but she should show more discretion, especially considering how many viewers her videos reach

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

rollingwaves wrote:
alldelicious wrote:she didnt vote?
Correct, she did not vote. She mentions it around the 1:50 mark in her jennvember #2 vlog.

I can't believe she didn't even register. she's like 25-26 and could have registered at 18. so was she not registered this whole time? best case scenario, maybe she registered when she lived in norcal and didn't re-register after moving to socal. but either way, not great. it's really frustrating to see someone roughly the same age as me + from the same background (like jenn, i'm also asian american) make an active decision not to vote because they think their vote doesn't matter. asian americans aren't well represented in the voter population and need better turnout. not only that, but local/state elections matter too. I registered to vote as soon as I moved to CA two years ago and there were a lot of measures on the ballot this year that were really important. I understand her reasons for addressing the fact that she didn't vote, but man was I annoyed to hear that she didn't even register

also, it really isn't cool to film people at protests without their consent (especially if you are posting the footage on social media). based on how many people were shown, it doesn't seem likely that she obtained permission from everyone. she could have blurred out faces/identifying features at least. it's fine that she's educating herself but she should show more discretion, especially considering how many viewers her videos reach
I find most people who are rich or live great lives don't often vote because it doesn't effect them, but with trump he is going to affect everyone

Also you do not need permission to film or take photos of people on public property by law, because their is no expectation of privacy in a public place ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pixelpoop
Learner
Learner

Post by pixelpoop »

It made me laugh how she said she managed to make her own plans even though Ben wasn't around, like they haven't been living together longer than 6 months so surely they're still kind of used to being without each other??

rollingwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by rollingwaves »

allsaints wrote:
Also you do not need permission to film or take photos of people on public property by law, because their is no expectation of privacy in a public place ..
yes that's true, and I wasn't trying to imply that she was breaking the law by filming people in public. I was just pointing out that when it comes to protests in particular, people should be mindful about posting pictures and video on social media. the general advice for those attending protests (especially those who are going for the first time) is to play it safe and refrain from posting pictures/video without permission. this to prevent people in the footage from unwittingly becoming subject to doxxing/harassment (sounds a little paranoid, but it is a legitimate concern). anyway, I don't mean to belabor the point or get too off topic--I think Jenn meant well by including the footage in her vlog and probably didn't realize the possible consequences, and hopefully she is more careful from now on
Last edited by rollingwaves on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollingwaves
Learner
Learner

Post by rollingwaves »

pixelpoop wrote:It made me laugh how she said she managed to make her own plans even though Ben wasn't around, like they haven't been living together longer than 6 months so surely they're still kind of used to being without each other??
yeah, i thought that was kinda funny/ridiculous too :D also, she seems like she keeps pretty busy and has a lot of friends anyway--I actually forgot that Ben was gone until she made that comment lol

pixelpoop
Learner
Learner

Post by pixelpoop »

rollingwaves wrote:
pixelpoop wrote:It made me laugh how she said she managed to make her own plans even though Ben wasn't around, like they haven't been living together longer than 6 months so surely they're still kind of used to being without each other??
yeah, i thought that was kinda funny/ridiculous too :D also, she seems like she keeps pretty busy and has a lot of friends anyway--I actually forgot that Ben was gone until she made that comment lol
Yeah, it makes you wonder what he does when he is in LA. She is out working/seeing friends/going to events a lot of the time, so he must be left to his own devices quite often, but his only friends (so it seems) in LA are through Jenn, and his work is also through Jenn. I wonder if he ever feels lonely/bored?

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

started a new thread ----> part 3!

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=158&t=31460

Return to “Jenn Im”