Charles Gross

squirrely
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Charles Gross

Post by squirrely »

al218 wrote:Hey everyone. We are trying to move everyone to http://www.404 TEXT NOT FOUND.info.info.info.com. This site is too slow. Don't know if there's a Charles thread there but hopefully soon.
I searched for charles, didnt find him.. did you make a thread al218?

I prefer the OTHER site. if we could move a few threads that are still active here over there we could stop using this poor excuse of a website all together. I only come here once in a while now to see a few boards that aren't over there yet, but a lot of people have moved over there, it actually WORKS and is easier to use.

edit: while trying to post the 2 posts above I got 4 timeout messages and 2 error messages. had to reload, wait and reload over and over. why do people insist on staying here is beyond me.

SensibleHoe
Learner
Learner

Post by SensibleHoe »

tamtam wrote:Peter Morn seems nice but i don't know how he can stay relevant with his videos. It's ALWAYS the same thing. Putting a big Youtuber name in this title, rambling for hours, saying how he loves them to get their attention then their shoutouts and he's happy. Like... We get it, thank you.
You summed it up. I was subscribed for literally 3 weeks and then realized his videos were painfully long, rambling and repetitive. Unsubbed. Again, he has a great personality but he would do better if he put more effort in making quality content.

The only vlog that has stood out to me in the past days was the one where he went to see the city. I LIVE for it. He should really make a better effort in trying new things. I mean, when you have the money for it and living in a huge city, why wouldn't you??? I've said that before and I'm saying it again! He's quite sheltered.

His anxiety is pretty puzzling. I truly wonder (like someone else mentioned) why he doesn't get anxiety when he goes on a hookup with a complete stranger! Not sure what his anxiety would stem from in that case. I think he has moments where his self-doubt becomes crippling. I guess he doesn't worry about his image when he knows for sure that a man is coming on to him and wants to bang him.

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBasicBitch »

I can't bring myself to watch any of his videos anymore. It's basically the same every time. He slept with random person xy or bought something expensive and wants to show off. He doesn't even cut down the videos - losing 20 minutes of my life staring at his face and the plain white mattress for this is just not acceptable.

maripossa888
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maripossa888 »

lowkeylaurie wrote:I find Charles's taste incredibly tacky, I can't believe people actually trust his fashion advice. He dresses like he spent all his money on his handbag and was left with $15 to put together the rest of his outfit from Target. I feel like because his outfits make him look borderline homeless, it would make onlookers feel like his handbags are fake and he's trying too hard to fit into the whole upper east side rich kid scene. Charles, if you want to be taken seriously as a designer enthusiast and fashion icon, how about you learn to dress properly instead of focusing on just the handbag, which might I add, some are tacky as well, especially that gradient metallic lady Dior, which I never saw you use again since you got it :roll:
"He dresses like he spent all his money on his handbag and was left with $15 to put together the rest of his outfit from Target" Because that's what he is actually doing. Maybe not target, but he said he shops h&m and similar. And he is actually right. Why to spend 200 dollars on black t-shirt when you can buy similar one for 20? Could you tell the difference? And why would you say he's style is tacky? Black turtleneck and jeans are classics. And this is actually how really rich classy people dress - plain clothes, not showing off.
But I have to agree when it comes to the dior bag.

TheBasicBitch
Talker
Talker

Post by TheBasicBitch »

maripossa888 wrote:
lowkeylaurie wrote: And this is actually how really rich classy people dress - plain clothes, not showing off.
There is no specific way how "rich people" dress. If you don't want to show off you better not carry a blue 8.000$ Hermès as your signature fashion item. That doesn't change the fact that H&M T-Shirts (same as everything else at H&M) are poor in quality and in style. And yes, you can easy tell the difference between a high quality cotton T-Shirt and a 5$ H&M potato sack. Doesn't mean you have to buy 200$ Shirts either - but there are way better options out there.

maripossa888
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maripossa888 »

TheBasicBitch wrote:
maripossa888 wrote:
lowkeylaurie wrote: And this is actually how really rich classy people dress - plain clothes, not showing off.
There is no specific way how "rich people" dress. If you don't want to show off you better not carry a blue 8.000$ Hermès as your signature fashion item. That doesn't change the fact that H&M T-Shirts (same as everything else at H&M) are poor in quality and in style. And yes, you can easy tell the difference between a high quality cotton T-Shirt and a 5$ H&M potato sack. Doesn't mean you have to buy 200$ Shirts either - but there are way better options out there.
well yes, you're right - there is no specific way how rich people dress. but there is some general pattern, that once people get richer they start to overspend money on clothes - taking for granted that more expensive is always better and wanting to show-off. whereas those born into rich families seem to be less excited about brands and more practical with their choices.
as far as his bags are concerned, he said he just has a thing for bags.

Lucky Be
Talker
Talker

Post by Lucky Be »

SensibleHoe wrote:
tamtam wrote:Peter Morn seems nice but i don't know how he can stay relevant with his videos. It's ALWAYS the same thing. Putting a big Youtuber name in this title, rambling for hours, saying how he loves them to get their attention then their shoutouts and he's happy. Like... We get it, thank you.
You summed it up. I was subscribed for literally 3 weeks and then realized his videos were painfully long, rambling and repetitive. Unsubbed. Again, he has a great personality but he would do better if he put more effort in making quality content.

someone made a Peter Monn thread... ;) http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=187&t=31401
why? because if he's going to inundate folks with 45 minute long rambling vlogs... than he needs a thread of his own.. :rofl:

as for Charles... it must be a tough life.
Spending mommy and daddy's money; living in mommy and daddy's house... buying a Birkin or 2 because he's bored; spending money on lipstick and perfume and giving blowjobs in nightclubs and having anonymous hookups with gay men every night... who wouldn't have anxiety with that kind of lifestyle... :rofl:

I used to get a kick out of Charles, and I still see one or two of his video's. BUT the ridiculousness makes me leave within a few minutes. I guess I am too old and too straight to care about the coming and going of a twentysomething twat whose wasting what life he has on being petty and shiny.

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

I hope he can afford this liifestyle after his parents are gone. Life can change in a minute. God willing they will live and work forever. God willing he will make enough to truly afford his wants and needs. 21 and going for lip injections every few weeks and buying $10,000 handbags. Can't wait to see what he's up to in 20 years.

Sarai
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Sarai »

He gave a bj in a nightclub? Lmao

maripossa888
Lurker
Lurker

Post by maripossa888 »

Sarai wrote:He gave a bj in a nightclub? Lmao
I wouldn't believe everything he says. Half of the stories are just made up imo. For the example the one when his late night flight was cancelled, the flight attendant gave him "the look of love" while handing him the hotel voucher and poor charles decided to spend the night on the airport instead because, as he claims, the flight attendant... new his room number and he was afraid he would pay him a visit at night. Hotel vaucher is just hotel vaucher and it is the hotel receiption desk who actually picks a room for you...Plus, he was left with no food for the night - couldn't he call a taxi and go to a restaurant? Strange...

Livingetc
Talker
Talker

Post by Livingetc »

I'm beginning to wonder if Charles is really an art student and his whole channel is a really clever performance piece about the vapidity of contemporary life. I can't imagine why else someone would either broadcast such mind-numbingly trite nonsense or watch it. I would call it *LITERALLY* - seeing as how he uses the word 'literally' literally every other word and get on to the Museum of Modern Art straight away. Seen through that lens his channel is provocative, compelling, poignant - a deeply moving essay on loneliness and the hollow nature of consumerism. Seen through the lens of a sad lonely boy living off his parent's money, trying to battle his mental health issues by replacing normal everyday human interaction with buying acres of crap he doesn't need, however...well, that's a different story altogether...

Jenn1234
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Jenn1234 »

No trolling allowed here thanks :D :tu: Make a Charles rave section if you want to sing his praises ;)

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

Ha! Total Art study. He's funny but I sure wouldn't want to live his life. I'm quite happy being the educated person I am. (and I have designer items too). :FU:

Livingetc
Talker
Talker

Post by Livingetc »

If he ever DID anything with his life or his parent's money other than swan about between Hermes, Whole Foods and Sephora eating nothing but sugar, (has anyone else ever noticed how terrible his diet is?) and 'stressing out' over his skin or his handbags then I'd accept he's free to do whatever he likes and we could all celebrate his good fortune together. The thing is that he's supposed to be making entertaining content on youtube about his life. You only have to watch one or two of his videos to see just how badly that content has deteriorated over the past few months as the futility of his existence becomes more and more clear. He spends 20 minutes talking absolute nonsense, repeating himself over and over, wandering about that dark and gloomy apartment like the ghost of Xmas past, bitching, whining and complaining...it's shockingly bad! If he had any interests, any ideas, any thoughts, any work, any friends, any passions I, for one, wouldn't be bothered, but it's the PAUCITY of his existence that's so dreadful. Surely Youtubers, whoever they are or whatever their circumstances have got to be at least INTERESTING.

asdfASDF
Lurker
Lurker

Post by asdfASDF »

bitchmove wrote:if you've seen his dad's Instagram, you'd know that their 'country home' (don't think British Country Houses) is actually a blue 1 storey cabin in the woods that looks like a small shed.
He must have deleted that picture? I can't find it on his IG.

SensibleHoe
Learner
Learner

Post by SensibleHoe »

how do people get this guy's number? It happens way too often with him. I wish he would expose their #'s so his followers could scare them off. But then again, don't be shady, be a lady...

loved his recent video of him and his sister. his demeanor lightens up and his voice is so much peppier. he loves his family, but it really surprised me when he mentioned a while ago how he cant imagine moving out of his parents' home. Like, c'mon. you gotta learn to depend on yourself emotionally. Made me wonder how much they were coddled as kids. Or maybe it's part of being adopted? Not sure but dang you got both your adult kids living with you? Is it a New York thing? If anything they should really encourage their kids to learn to grow on their own. It's hard, but it's love

asdfASDF
Lurker
Lurker

Post by asdfASDF »

It's pretty clear to me that the parents are the architects (heh) of his dysfunction. Did you see the video where he describes his mother going ballistic at his after school program? It was cringeworthy and it showed that she is a nut case. Obviously not the point he was trying to make, but let's face it, there's not a whole lot of self-awareness going on in there.

In another video he mentions that his parents suggested that they would pay for a personal assistant for him. Now, perhaps they meant it sarcastically, but Charles, at least, thought they were serious. Now that suggests that they are even more dilusional than he is. Charles actually realized it was ridiculous. What would an assistant do? Walk around an hold his perfume bottle all day? Book his afternoon Uber to Sephora? Wipe the cum off the Birkin after the grindr hookup?

I am interested in the degree to which their wealth is a delusion vs a reality. Given their employment, I would estimate $200-300K combined income. That coop must have a $3-$4K monthly maintenance, assuming the mortgage is paid off.

Charles has said his parents inherited their money and that they are "self made", so complete contradiction there.

If their income is based on their employment, I don't get how they can let him spend like that. Of course there are plenty of New Yorkers living above their means with little savings. It could be that they are like that with multiple mortgages, who knows.

Another contradiction, in an earlier video he said how thrifty they were and then in a more recent video he was saying how they spend like him, only on different things.

asdfASDF
Lurker
Lurker

Post by asdfASDF »

OK, here's something weird. His recent vids, the comment section is all vapid love comments, but I looked at a vid fromo Feb 2015 and it's 75% "hate" comments.

Did he start deleting negative comments at some point? or?

al218
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by al218 »

omfg the lip video. i can't unwatch that. i've now seen it all.

SensibleHoe
Learner
Learner

Post by SensibleHoe »

omg charles....im laughing so much...girl c'mon, you really needed more? my my if juvederm lasts 9 months to a year why does he keep going back every 3-4 months??? I did enjoy him taking us into the room with him. I don't mind watching surgical procedures, they're quite interesting. Im also glad he's more comfortable vlogging in public. It makes for more entertaining footage.

Return to “Charles Gross”