beautybaby44 Part 6

Izabella

Re: beautybaby44 Part 6

Post by Izabella »

I'm jealous, my first year math consists of indefinite integrals, annuities/perpetuities/amortization formulas, log and exponential derivatives, etc. No wonder to her "stress" means getting out of bed to go to Target and christmas decorating

Olay
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Olay »

Oh.My.God. That is supposed to be college level math :o That is simple addition, I mean if I buy a lipstick for $5 and a conditioner for $10 to come up with the grand total is elementary school level math and the fact that these are beauty products doesn't make the problem harder.

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

Also it's the end of the semester so shouldn't the problems have grown in difficulty? I wonder what they did on the first day of class.

ahoycaptainn
Learner
Learner

Post by ahoycaptainn »

daisiesoverdiamonds wrote:
sous les étoiles wrote:
daisiesoverdiamonds wrote:Image

let's do her math homework with her! I think the answer to d) is $55! I can't believe this is college-level math...
Eh, well to be fair it looks like the problems have to do with beauty stuff. I guess FIDM doesn't think people in her major need any other type of math? Idk.

you're right, it looks like very simple marketing type math. and Lindsey has always complained that she hated math. not like her other assignments at school've been very demanding - powerpoint on Rihanna? I don't know, a lot of her school stuff seems like "filler" to me. like she's basically paid to get a degree without having to do any real work.
I knew from the second she first showed her bedazzled basic function calculator that her math course could not be that hard. I used a basic calculator only through elementary and some of middle school but once I started high school and now in college, it's impossible to do any work without at least a scientific or graphing calculator. It's so simple yet she says she's so stressed and never gets it done. Emily is in the same class as her and has the same duties with YouTube as her yet in the vlog she said that she already finished and even did a review for her final whereas Lindsey laid in bed all day on YouTube and buying concert tickets instead of doing her work. She needs to learn how to manage her time or at least stop complaining about how she barely sleeps or is so "stressed" because she does it to herself.

sourcherry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sourcherry »

You all say "laying in bed buy concert tickets" like it was a great waste of time. It would've taken 15 minutes MAX

busybuyingbins
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by busybuyingbins »

i go to an art school and my transitional math class was harder than that...
i mean i'm an idiot in math but i literally soared through that class. it was so easy and basically pre-algrebra which i took twice cause i'm an idiot.
there were so many fashion students in my class that complained about the work and thought it was so hard.
reminds me of lindsey. i mean i'm certainly no math genius but really if you can't even do pre-algebra type stuff you really should not be getting a college degree.
formerly known as ashhbby

gossipgg
Debater
Debater

Post by gossipgg »

Not everyone in college takes Calculus as their math. Jeez people, as an almost math major, you guys are being so hard on her. Math just isn't for everyone. Some of the smartest people I know are taking something called Finite Math at my school as their math, while I took Calculus 3 for fun and I'm not judging them.

foreverbowie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverbowie »

gossipgg wrote:Not everyone in college takes Calculus as their math. Jeez people, as an almost math major, you guys are being so hard on her. Math just isn't for everyone. Some of the smartest people I know are taking something called Finite Math at my school as their math, while I took Calculus 3 for fun and I'm not judging them.
I took finite mathematics my freshman year at college, and I honestly thought it was so much easier then the Pre-cal I took in high school. However, it was a lot more difficult then anything Lindsey is doing which is simple addition word problems.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

vclean wrote:I'm jealous, my first year math consists of indefinite integrals, annuities/perpetuities/amortization formulas, log and exponential derivatives, etc. No wonder to her "stress" means getting out of bed to go to Target and christmas decorating
Same. :?

jmm91
Learner
Learner

Post by jmm91 »

The best part is they have to use a calculator to do simple math problems. hahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaahhahahaahhaahhaahhaahahahahahahahahaha.

tepu
Informer
Informer

Post by tepu »

I can't believe she actually has to use calculator for her "math problems". I know math isn't for everyone, but simple addition is something everyone her age should be able to do without a damn calculator!

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

AN0N. wrote:
vclean wrote:I'm jealous, my first year math consists of indefinite integrals, annuities/perpetuities/amortization formulas, log and exponential derivatives, etc. No wonder to her "stress" means getting out of bed to go to Target and christmas decorating
Same. :?
Me too! Gotta love that stuff :)

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

We did that in school, not college :?
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

I feel as though it is wrong to compare different degrees and collages. Every school and degree is different and have different requirements. Her math homework is insanely easy, yes but that does not mean it is not collage level. Not everyone is good at math, no matter how basic.

CherryCake
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CherryCake »

dazzle wrote:
Yup, me too!

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

dazzle wrote:
We learned those concepts in school but we have to go further and apply it to business word problems, and the derivatives are a lot harder, are mixed in with finance related problems, etc. I guess it's different in the states but in Canada I've never had to look at indefinite integrals in Calculus and never got taught the perpetuity/annuity/amortization ones either.

princesshan
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by princesshan »

Not that I am a fan of Lindsey in the slightest or trying to defend her at all, but speaking as someone who holds a BA in Fashion Merchandising Management from FIT, I can tell you that merchandising math/retail math progressively gets much harder at a fast pace, ie: six month plans, yearly plans, P.O.'s, risks/contingencies etc. There is so much to consider when working as a buyer/planner/merchandiser and you are usually working with large quantities. Lindsey is probably in one of the beginner math classes judging from the fact that her homework consisted of markup and markdown of products. Sure, it isn't advanced calculus or quantum physics but it still requires a certain degree of knowledge and skill.

murtay
Informer
Informer

Post by murtay »

princesshan wrote:Not that I am a fan of Lindsey in the slightest or trying to defend her at all, but speaking as someone who holds a BA in Fashion Merchandising Management from FIT, I can tell you that merchandising math/retail math progressively gets much harder at a fast pace, ie: six month plans, yearly plans, P.O.'s, risks/contingencies etc. There is so much to consider when working as a buyer/planner/merchandiser and you are usually working with large quantities. Lindsey is probably in one of the beginner math classes judging from the fact that her homework consisted of markup and markdown of products. Sure, it isn't advanced calculus or quantum physics but it still requires a certain degree of knowledge and skill.
I completely agree with you. I'm majoring in Retail Management and that definitely looks like the introduction to retail math. While it isn't hard, they do have to start off with something and make sure everyone's on the right page. You can't just jump into different plans if people aren't aware of the difference between a markup/margin/markdown.

dazzle
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dazzle »

vclean wrote:
dazzle wrote:
We learned those concepts in school but we have to go further and apply it to business word problems, and the derivatives are a lot harder, are mixed in with finance related problems, etc. I guess it's different in the states but in Canada I've never had to look at indefinite integrals in Calculus and never got taught the perpetuity/annuity/amortization ones either.
Yeah we did that, too. We had to apply it in business administration and a little in accountancy and economics. It's a pain in the ass. That being said, I think perpetuity/annuity/amortization was the easiest part, but then again I suck at math :D It's just kind of hard to believe that people do easier things in college than we did in school, but I guess it's different everywhere.
I'd rather drink a cup of acid after chewing on a razor blade.

mufflers19
Debater
Debater

Post by mufflers19 »

No vlogmas today.....obviously she is SOOOO BUSY

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”