Daisy_
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: beautybaby44 Part 5

Post by Daisy_ »

frenchfriesandpizza wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:i personally think lindsey looked best when her hair was that dark brown (sure it was the most unnatural and clearly dyed hair i've ever seen and made her look way pale, but it looked the best), now if only she could get the right shape.

all the gurus seem to be obsessed with having long hair, but they need to realize it doesn't look good on everyone (and let's be honest more than 90% of those gurus need a haircut so yeah), and it certainly doesn't work for lindsey.

Yeah I totally agree. I mean as someone commented "short hair is ugly long hair is for girls" (something like that) so everyone associates "beauty" with long hair. You always get compliments with long hair, and it takes so long to grow it becomes some people's safety blanket. I had a pretty traumatic hair cut over a year ago and I was faced with this internal insecurity of people thinking that I'm this or that. It's all so foolish but it's almost part of our culture and part of our society. In the 30s and 40s women cut their hair short on purpose to look masculine and powerful in a way to rebel against something, I'm pretty hazy on that.

But I think she looks so femme fatale bad-ass international spy with the brown bob.
I think short hair can really highlight a pretty face, especially on a woman with good bone structure. I agree that there is some short hair is masculine long hair is feminine ideal, but I agree also agree thats its silly and I really think women should be more open to short hair. I also think many men look nice with long hair. Although, I know personally I'm one of those people with an attachment to my hair, even when I get a trim I get a little anxious. I'm sure Lindsey's probably the same way since her hair has been the same length and style for so long, but I think a change would do her good.

kensington
Informer
Informer

Post by kensington »

I mean, even if short hair would look better on her (which I'm not sure will, given that she doesn't have great bone structure and it may make her face look rounder/pudgier), it's a moot point because there's no way she'd ever do anything that drastic (at least in terms of length) anytime soon. Not when all her friends have long hair and most young women her age do.

lalalala22
Talker
Talker

Post by lalalala22 »

Without having to go through this whole thread to find out, has she ever said if she's going for her associate's or bachelor's degree? I get the feeling she's only going to want to do two years (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Does this girl ever mention her dating/love life?

justanopinion
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by justanopinion »

vclean wrote:Does this girl ever mention her dating/love life?
No, but I understand why she doesn't. Not everyone wants to put that all over the internet and if things go badly people will ask.

eves
Talker
Talker

Post by eves »

The pictures that you guys made with the bob look really cool but I don't think it would look like that in real life. Her hair isn't that thick or voluminous and it's a bit greasy so it'll just lay flat on her head. I know that the long hair weighs it down, but I had a friend with a similar hair who cut her hair short and it still looks flat so if I was Lindsey, I wouldn't risk it. She should probably get some layers instead.
Also her project is very cute but it looks like a 5 year old made it. It really looks like something her mom would put on the fridge lol

kensington
Informer
Informer

Post by kensington »

lalalala22 wrote:Without having to go through this whole thread to find out, has she ever said if she's going for her associate's or bachelor's degree? I get the feeling she's only going to want to do two years (not that there's anything wrong with that).
She's said that Beauty Industry Marketing was her major and according to FIDM, they only offer Associate degrees for that: http://fidm.edu/en/Majors/Beauty+Indust ... s+Offered/.

I think the consensus on this board from those with a Bachelor's in Marketing (and from a few who said they did this same degree at FIDM) was that an Associate's alone won't get her far.

canaduh
Informer
Informer

Post by canaduh »

Short hair will make her face look larger so she shouldn't cut it. It would look really bad.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

kensington wrote:
lalalala22 wrote:Without having to go through this whole thread to find out, has she ever said if she's going for her associate's or bachelor's degree? I get the feeling she's only going to want to do two years (not that there's anything wrong with that).
She's said that Beauty Industry Marketing was her major and according to FIDM, they only offer Associate degrees for that: http://fidm.edu/en/Majors/Beauty+Indust ... s+Offered/.

I think the consensus on this board from those with a Bachelor's in Marketing (and from a few who said they did this same degree at FIDM) was that an Associate's alone won't get her far.
Not only will an associate's not get her far- it will get her nowhere. you can't get anywhere nowadays without as little as a masters.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

justanopinion wrote:
vclean wrote:Does this girl ever mention her dating/love life?
No, but I understand why she doesn't. Not everyone wants to put that all over the internet and if things go badly people will ask.
Yea, but do you actually think she's dating? She can't even manage to meet people at school or make friends.

missgabystar11
Talker
Talker

Post by missgabystar11 »

byebyebye1 wrote:
kensington wrote:

Not only will an associate's not get her far- it will get her nowhere. you can't get anywhere nowadays without as little as a masters.
Not true a friend of mine graduated from FIDM last year she got her Associate and now she works as a fashion buyer for GUESS. It just depends if you're dedicated and hard working. I personally don't see Lindsey making it in the fashion/makeup industry. Most companies in the fashion industry only require you to have an Associate degree sometimes a Bachelor degree.

csagrl100
Learner
Learner

Post by csagrl100 »

byebyebye1 wrote:
kensington wrote:

Thats not true, you dont always need a masters. If its a higher field like something in the sciences you probably need a masters but for what Lindsay is planning on doing, a bachelors is good enough.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

ruby_x wrote:
frenchfriesandpizza wrote:Image

I did four but this one stands out to me, oh my gosh someone chop her hair off in her sleep...
Wow, she actually looks really pretty! What an improvement!
It would only look this good if she actually took the time to add the body/volume to her hair that this style requires. Her current hairstyle is always so flat, so I doubt she'd be able to make this style look good. Also, it looks as if that head of hair is quite thick - she has thin hair. It wouldn't look nearly as good on her, IMO.

frenchfriesandpizza
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by frenchfriesandpizza »

I know there is no evidence at all that her hair would actually look that good, guys.. LET A GIRL DREAM :cry:

peril
Informer
Informer

Post by peril »

Could you imagine if Lindsay was a buyer for a store? Lord, the pieces she'd pick.

That picture of her with the short hair 'Shopped on is such a drastic improvement. She's probably stuck in the comfort zone of having long hair and can't make the plunge. She'd look really good.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

She would actually look good with that hair style. I bet part of the reason it's so flat now is because its long and weighed down, so maybe if she had it shorter it would be more bouncy. If she got it a bit layered it would help with the volume too.

ruby_x
Informer
Informer

Post by ruby_x »

Red doesn't look that good on her. She really should go blonde again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

If she wants to dye her hair for fall she should dye it brown or light brown, red looks awful on her.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

it's better than blonde in my opinion. her blonde looked way too fake.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

ruby_x wrote:Red doesn't look that good on her. She really should go blonde again
it just looks SO unnatural! no one's hair is that rich of a color. it's so obvious that it's dyed which i really hate about dyed hair.

Return to “Lindsey Hughes”