Kayla LaFail (Akaydoll) General Thread~Part 23

taking a peek
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kayla LaFail (Akaydoll) General Thread~Part 23

Post by taking a peek »

The fake giggle when she says her espresso was possibly making her ramble... :-? I mean she fake giggles so often that it's become a little strange.

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut »

Mannn I swear everything with this girl is so damn annoying lol. It's sad how excited and proud of herself she gets for having a 'productive day' of buying pillows and groceries. :? And what's with her logic of stocking up so she doesn't have to keep going to the Whole Foods in Glendale to get her acai shit......why doesn't she find one closer to her in her new neighborhood? She's gonna make a big deal about moving into the new area, and then just make the drive back out to where she lived before? What. Then she was home by like 1pm and just filmed boring videos for her channel and probably chugged the bottle of wine she bought that night alone. And that's how all her days are. Very sad. She gets no social interaction other than the cashiers at the store. I can't tell if she seems like the type to get lonely, or if she's so stuck up and self absorbed in her empty brain that she doesn't even notice.
Her apartment layout once again just looks awful. Watching her vlogs and seeing how she set that up is so infuriating lol. Her couch cutting through the room facing the window? her wonky desk looking awkward in the corner, and the ghetto clothing rack facing the tv....um....and her dining table is already so close to her makeup desk and chair, once she adds dining chairs, she won't be able to walk around it. That is like the opposite of a comfortable and well furnished apartment. She wants to have friends over for wine nights, but I can't imagine have people over to hang out there. It's all an awkward ass uncomfortable cramped mess.

Down with Potato Lashae

freshtodef
Talker
Talker

Post by freshtodef »

lolwut wrote:Mannn I swear everything with this girl is so damn annoying lol. It's sad how excited and proud of herself she gets for having a 'productive day' of buying pillows and groceries. :? And what's with her logic of stocking up so she doesn't have to keep going to the Whole Foods in Glendale to get her acai shit......why doesn't she find one closer to her in her new neighborhood? She's gonna make a big deal about moving into the new area, and then just make the drive back out to where she lived before? What. Then she was home by like 1pm and just filmed boring videos for her channel and probably chugged the bottle of wine she bought that night alone. And that's how all her days are. Very sad. She gets no social interaction other than the cashiers at the store. I can't tell if she seems like the type to get lonely, or if she's so stuck up and self absorbed in her empty brain that she doesn't even notice.
Her apartment layout once again just looks awful. Watching her vlogs and seeing how she set that up is so infuriating lol. Her couch cutting through the room facing the window? her wonky desk looking awkward in the corner, and the ghetto clothing rack facing the tv....um....and her dining table is already so close to her makeup desk and chair, once she adds dining chairs, she won't be able to walk around it. That is like the opposite of a comfortable and well furnished apartment. She wants to have friends over for wine nights, but I can't imagine have people over to hang out there. It's all an awkward ass uncomfortable cramped mess.

Down with Potato Lashae
right?? i couldn't believe that. i will give her a pass because there are only two home goods around here - in glendale and in the south bay. but i don't understand why she thinks she needs to drive to glendale for whole foods when there is one "right down the street" from her in miracle mile. and i didn't know her friends lived in noho. that makes this whole mess even worse. she really won't see her friends now, because i live in noho and hate visiting the friends i have in koreatown because PARKING. unless her ~fancy~ apartment building has visitor parking spaces. she really didn't think at all when she moved.

this last vlog just draaaagged. like damn, i couldn't even finish it. good vloggers know how to make errand-running vlogs enjoyable to watch.

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

lmao the fact that her dad has more of a social life than her! :rofl: like usually the kids borrow the parent's cars to meet friends, her dad borrowed her car to socialize lol! remember when we found out there was a starbucks in walking distance to her old apartment but the whole time she was going to a drive through one. I just cannot with her.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

*sigh* Where to even begin...

That ugly apartment is small and cluttered. I knew something was up when she kept talking about how big it is over and over when she was moving in. The previous apt had a better layout, décor and a balcony. She was trying to convince herself and her viewers that it is bigger and better. I am thinking she has had to downsize maybe to save money?

I can usually let Kayla just roll off because I think she is harmless but sometimes she is just annoying/whiny. Kayla is a cautionary tale of what happens when you let the internet (or anything) stop you from getting out into the real world and living a full life. It was so sad but not a surprise when she admitted on a recent video that she stays home most of the time. I wonder if it is anxiety or the lack of control (her reason for getting rid of the dog) as to why she rarely films outside her apartment.

Kayla films the same types of lame videos over and over on her channel but must be frustrated as to why her channel is not growing. Constantly talking about filming and editing is not good content. I bet she is getting more and more stressed about how harder it is becoming each month to maintain the amount of income needed to maintain living in LA.

I absolutely cannot "hate watch" this poor untalented girl. How do people who obviously don't like her watch every single video and hang on her every word? I am just not patient enough and I REFUSE to add to her paychecks by faithfully watching every single video on her channels. I wonder if Kayla laughs to herself "thinking they may hate me but they help pay me decent enough to live in LA for YEARS". I really sucks but Kayla is actually getting over and making a living at it just live reality TV show people do.

The fact that this girl who is completely full of herself is able to live actually a pretty decent life in LA will always amazes me. I believe it is a combination of a lot of different revenue streams: YouTube, sponsorships, affiliate links, paid Instagram, and probably credit cards and money from family.

Having watched Kayla on and off over a couple of years (mostly I come to GG to read what is going on - remember I do NOT want to pay Kayla with my views) I am so thankful that my life has moved forward immensely: better job, better car, able to travel, learning new skills. I check in with Kayla and am always sadden that she is walking in the same place - no improvement? No growth? Kayla still wishes she could be a reality TV star. Worships the K sisters?

Kayla has settled in life but her stand still life motivates me to keep pushing myself and to never settle. I really hope that her entire life is a LOT more fulfilling than she shows in these edited videos. We don't see the whole 24 hours each day. But I truly hope there is more to Kayla than she reveals to youtube.

I am really blessed that my family has always helped out each other in a time of need whether they are adults or not. BUT lets not get it twisted, that does not mean you don't have to pay back the money when you get back on your feet. I truly believe Kayla's family loves her and are helping her but she probably has to pay it back. Not necessarily because they might need the money (both parents seem to be doing very well) but it is a LOAN and I am sure it is brought up to her "I gave you money" but give it back when you can.

Kayla is a complete narcissist. It is creepy to see how she admires herself in the camera. She needs the attention and validation she receives from her internet friends. But as we all know one day she will be forced out into the real world and have to work real jobs.

iwillstay
Learner
Learner

Post by iwillstay »

Kayla hits her horn! Hurry people! She has to unpack her noms (so much easier with a table). Film & edit for the dollz. And drink her $5 dollar wine on her $100 budget pillows. Because she's back at it.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

VMA11693 wrote:Who gives themselves a $100 limit for PILLOWS? Especially when no one but her will be seeing them... :?
All I could think at that point was credit card debt. Maybe she took out a small business loan? But I do believe she spends a lot of time sending out her electronic press kit to every single company/brand she possibly can to be sponsored. I doubt Kayla turns down any email that comes her way offering money.

I wonder if she gets paid as an accumulation of all views of the hundreds of videos in her catalog on both her channels? Low count of views per video but she is constantly releasing a lot of videos. I would LOVE to know how much money she makes to be able to afford almost or over 2K a month in rent.

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut »

It was pretttttty obvious that her mom came in a few weeks ago to apply for the apartment with her and sign her lease, so that clearly shows she's not making very good or consistent income on her own. I would assume she MAYBE makes enough money to just barely cover part of her rent, and then she has one of her parents credit cards or something for everything else. Her main channel views suck, but her vlog channel is pretty consistent. It looks like she gets about 250-300k views a month total with both channels. I watch a woman on Youtube who straight up said that one of her videos that got over 100k views only made her $30 on adsense... so simply uploading views alone do not make as much as people think. It's all about sponsorships, which I don't think Kayla has much of, other than random companies sending her stuff here and there. Her main channel has enough subscribers that she might be able to charge a little fee for product exposure, but I don't watch her enough to know if she's hawking any products/companies right now.
Basically, bitch would be 100% broke without her parents help lol.

freshtodef
Talker
Talker

Post by freshtodef »

chanel, you said everything i think about her. at the end of the day, she just makes me sad. but she she also aggravates me because she doesn't do anything productive with all the support she has. i bootstrapped a successful company while working part-time and taking classes full time... with very little financial help from my parents. and my parents are upper-middle class, and definitely have money to throw at me if i asked them. so for that reason, i just can't feel too sorry for kayla. if i were in her position, i would've lived in a cheaper, cute apartment and taken the money my parents gave me and started a business with it. all that fucking money wasted on a small, basic ass apartment she's renting just to half-ass keep up with the joneses. if she wanted to move so bad, she should've just moved into a relatively affordable, nicely renovated apartment in noho or burbank or studio city or toluca lake (they're all over the place) and leveraged the upgrade to get more views (because lbr, delivering luxury and fantasy pays big time on youtube, which i'm sure she knows) which would = more money hopefully, while also funneling the extra money she has into a business that she can grow and has longevity. but she chose to move into this tiny ass, pseudo-loft apartment that nobody is jealous of, and do nothing. smh. she needs a manager or a life coach.

i haven't been following her for very long, but one of the first videos i ever saw of hers was a vlog where she mentioned she's "self made" and takes care of her own car payment, insurance, phone bill etc but i remember she made NO mention of rent, which i thought was weird at the time, but now it all makes sense.

lurkin
Debater
Debater

Post by lurkin »

ChanelMagic wrote:Having watched Kayla on and off over a couple of years (mostly I come to GG to read what is going on - remember I do NOT want to pay Kayla with my views) I am so thankful that my life has moved forward immensely: better job, better car, able to travel, learning new skills.
So?

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

I've never watched any of her vlogs until today, so seeing her nose in differing light, angles, and whathaveyou made me realize how unfortunate it is. It's so crooked and slumpy.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

lurkin wrote:
ChanelMagic wrote:Having watched Kayla on and off over a couple of years (mostly I come to GG to read what is going on - remember I do NOT want to pay Kayla with my views) I am so thankful that my life has moved forward immensely: better job, better car, able to travel, learning new skills.
So?
So...some people who visit this site think we all just attack and disrespect youtubers because we are all bullies or jealous. Not true at all. I come here because it is interesting to read other people's point of views about video content. I would rather learn from Kayla's (in my opinion) mistakes or lame content than be mean "just because it is fun" as someone wrote on a forum a while back.

To each his or her own. Live and Let live. I look for inspiration and motivation in everything I come in contact in life. I wish Kayla the best. I hope she will find success and peace. I don't think Kayla is a bad person, I think she "gets in her own way". But I gotta admit she has made a pretty decent living out of no/poor content video. I think the end of her youtube career is near for Kayla and she knows it.

Kayla is desperate. I am absolutely sure her mother and father are on her back every single day: do better or come home. It is obvious she is stressed. Kayla is a D lister youtuber trying to hustle up sponsors and views but it is getting harder and harder. Kayla is a probably a new youtube change in policy or how they count views away from not being able to make enough money to survive.

Kayla to me is a lesson in "Do better, Do your best, Do not settle.

I have been on GG for a while and I have read some really smart and interesting posts by very nice people. I have also learned that people will tear someone down for nothing about nothing just to project their own life issues on someone else. GG has something for everyone. Like the board rule says let's respect each other.

dulcechunti
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by dulcechunti »

stargazer wrote:I checked her social blade and she doesn't even make that much so how is she affording the LA rent, wigs and fancy handbags. Social blade says she makes $813-$13K for main channel and $678 - $10.8K for her vlog channel. Even if she makes the highest suggested amount, that's still only $23K per year. She pretends like she's some rich LA girl but she's far from it.
Socialblade is not 100% accurate. She may be making less, but, she may also be making a bit of change here and there with sponsored videos.

The wigs have all been given to her.

The recent fake handbag was also given to her.

Her parents pay all of her insurance (medical, dental, auto, renters), they just keep her on their policies.

They pay her cell phone bill. She's still on the family plan.

They pay for at least part of her rent and utilities. I highly doubt she's paying for cable and internet (well over $100 per month).

I have zero doubt they still give her an "allowance" based on how they coddle her and fly across the country to help her physically move each time. They clearly treat her like she's "special."

At best, she buys her own groceries,, take-out, her own clothes, and some of her non-sponsored "beauty supplies."

I would say her biggest personal monthly expense is groceries and take-out.

At the end of the day, she squeaks by every month, but that's it. She doesn't make enough money to live large--it almost seems like she does because she does nothing and still goes out sometimes and takes the occasional trip to Vegas, but Vegas is cheap for a weekend (driving from southern California) and she hardly ever goes out if you really think about it. She's a lazy hermit turtle for the most part.

coffeeaddict
Debater
Debater

Post by coffeeaddict »

i have heard youtubers always make near the lower end or the middle.
http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/akaydoll
this is not alot for her

hg96
Talker
Talker

Post by hg96 »

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but what happen to the other girls see use to hang out with, I think one of them was named Strawberry something?

I don't know why she won't enroll in school or even try to become an asst manager at like Brandi melliville since she likes it so much

I think her channel struggles so much cuz ppl can tell she's not being herself....with the luxury shopping, pseudo vegan life and pale makeup

Post by Guest »

I thought it was common knowledge that all youtubers make their dollar through sponsorships? Isn't she a clean and clear ambassador? Then all of the wig sponsorships, subscription box things, hot miami styles and all the other useless stuff she mentions in every SINGLE video.. I'm sure they're all paying her. It doesn't matter what social blade says, I reckon she gets about $200 for each sponsored video.

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

dulcechunti wrote:
stargazer wrote:I checked her social blade and she doesn't even make that much so how is she affording the LA rent, wigs and fancy handbags. Social blade says she makes $813-$13K for main channel and $678 - $10.8K for her vlog channel. Even if she makes the highest suggested amount, that's still only $23K per year. She pretends like she's some rich LA girl but she's far from it.
Socialblade is not 100% accurate. She may be making less, but, she may also be making a bit of change here and there with sponsored videos.

Her parents pay all of her insurance (medical, dental, auto, renters), they just keep her on their policies.

They pay for at least part of her rent and utilities. I highly doubt she's paying for cable and internet (well over $100 per month).

I have zero doubt they still give her an "allowance" based on how they coddle her and fly across the country to help her physically move each time. They clearly treat her like she's "special."

At best, she buys her own groceries,, take-out, her own clothes, and some of her non-sponsored "beauty supplies."

At the end of the day, she squeaks by every month, but that's it. She doesn't make enough money to live large--it almost seems like she does because she does nothing and still goes out sometimes and takes the occasional trip to Vegas, but Vegas is cheap for a weekend (driving from southern California) and she hardly ever goes out if you really think about it. She's a lazy hermit turtle for the most part.

DreamingGirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by DreamingGirl »

Why on earth does she dress up that much for bible study?

livewell77
Lurker
Lurker

Post by livewell77 »

Everyone please take a minute and watch her FameBit interview....homegirl is so damn delusional

ChanelMagic
Informer
Informer

Post by ChanelMagic »

ChanelMagic wrote:
dulcechunti wrote:

My post above did not show my post. My very long post. *sigh* This website is so glitchy.

This post makes sense to me how Kayla would be able to afford her expensive rent in LA. If her parents are paying her insurances and other bills, youtube would definitely cover her rent and food.

Her parents may be feeling guilt about their divorce so they are helping her. Also they love her so they don't want her to be evicted out onto the dangerous streets of LA. Sadly they are enabling her bad habit of taking the least amount of risk and being at home too much.

All things come to an end and one day Kayla's parents will not be able to afford to help her or they will be forced to finally do the tough love thing and cut her off. I am blessed that my family was able to help me (within reason) when I was going through a rough time. But now that I am thankfully back on my feet, I do all that I can to help my family when they need it like they helped me.

There is nothing wrong with Kayla's parents helping her. I do believe they bring it up a lot but that is the downside of accepting money from people: they feel they have a right to tell you what to do. Kayla is stressed and depressed because her parents are hounding her daily about how much money has come in and what is she going to do about her future.

Kayla's parents are probably guilty about their divorce and in a way in competition for Kayla's affection/forgiveness.
They might even blame themselves for Kayla's dependence on their help and her fear of taking risks, loosing control and her stubborn nature.

Kayla is an attention addict who is definitely pretending to be a carefree rich girl. She is extremely insecure and it is sad how she uses the internet to validate her self worth. She lives by how many likes and views she receives on social media plus the comments praising her. Kayla's downfall will be her not listening to constructive criticism that would improve her channel. I bet she take all criticism as attacks and plays the they are just jealous defense.

People trash her because she is actually living in nice places in LA by doing very little work. Let's also keep it real, there is a lot of people on here who are bashing her because they are being racist on the down low. Kayla's family is helping her financially and some are jealous because their own family will not or cannot not help them with their bills. Kayla is very lucky and I hope she can grow up and become independent before everything comes crashing down.

I think it is sad how Kayla lives in a constant cycle of being stressed, depressed and then happy for a short time but she will not take the necessary step to get out of her comfort zone and do what it take to grow her channel.

I do wonder how much debt she is in? I bet she has serious credit card debt hanging over her head.

Return to “Kayla Lashae”