Vasseurbeauty - Brittany Vasseur

smartypants
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Vasseurbeauty - Brittany Vasseur

Post by smartypants »

I couldn't find a thread about her. I actually do like her, a lot. I think that she and her family is adorable. Also, she is beautiful and intelligent. I hope for her that she will conceive a healthy baby and that everything continues in a good way for her. I won't critique her for her pesonal family life choices, because I don't know why she does sometimes stuff she does. It is up to her.

BUT

I cannot stand her overconsumption. She buys stuff a lot, like, all the time. It is getting out of hand. I get that she is a bit of a review channel... but she overdoes it. For me personally, she has an unhealthy relationship with online shopping. We live in an era where trash in oceans, landfills, deforestation, child labor and much more are a real problem we could actually help to get rid of. Not everything in life has to be made easy. There is no need for so many gadgets. It baffles me how she chooses to buy that much, then claim she is frugal. How so?
Also... the whole hype with essential oils. My heart sunk a bit when she announced it back then, the same with Tatis pills.
No mather what, for me, theese will always be "scam products".

I wanted to open this conversation a long time ago, but had not the gut to do it. I really like her, but the overconsumption and constant ads for amazon is too much. We all know how amazon works. Maybe it is different in the US, but I know from personal experience that the workers aren't threated good there.

NachoBestie20
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Vasseurbeauty - Brittany Vasseur

Post by NachoBestie20 »

I do like her content & it really motivates me to get my stuff together.

However, her content is very repetitive. Do we really need “20 organization ideas” for every single room? Most of them contain the same “put them into bins & categorize” tip anyway. These videos plus the whole “clean with me”, “DIY cleaning”, “DIY organizing” thing is just getting old at this point. It’s overkill & most of the tips are recycled over & over again.

I’m still subscribed to her & have been an OG subscriber. However, if this continues, I’m gonna unsubscribe. I get having a channel theme, but repetitive content just wastes everyone’s time & that contradicts the whole purpose of her channel- to make life easier & save time.

I agree with your overconsumption thing too. Making already easy stuff arguably easier to do by spending money on it is counterproductive.

smartypants
Talker
Talker

Post by smartypants »

NachoBestie20 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 am
I do like her content & it really motivates me to get my stuff together.

However, her content is very repetitive. Do we really need “20 organization ideas” for every single room? Most of them contain the same “put them into bins & categorize” tip anyway. These videos plus the whole “clean with me”, “DIY cleaning”, “DIY organizing” thing is just getting old at this point. It’s overkill & most of the tips are recycled over & over again.

I’m still subscribed to her & have been an OG subscriber. However, if this continues, I’m gonna unsubscribe. I get having a channel theme, but repetitive content just wastes everyone’s time & that contradicts the whole purpose of her channel- to make life easier & save time.

I agree with your overconsumption thing too. Making already easy stuff arguably easier to do by spending money on it is counterproductive.
I agree with everything you said. It is sooo repetitive. I guess it works for her. I mean, her channel has grown a lot since I subscribed. I am an OG sub too. The video that made me almost unsubscribe was the last one with her mom where she made a surprise update about her moms' clutter room. I couldn't believe it. I am a really clean and minimalist person, but I was so angry with Brittany. She kind of shames her mom and intrudes her privacy.
I don't think that her mom agrees actually with all of that. I think she just lets her do whatever she wants. The before and after was awesome, but if her mom is a horder and doesn't hurt anyone with it - let her be. :roll:

smartypants
Talker
Talker

Post by smartypants »

How does not anybody even slightly feel something off about her???
She seems so stuck up, a control freak and she is super snarky to her husband -.-

AimeeS
Learner
Learner

Post by AimeeS »

I think there is also something "off" about him. I don't know if maybe he is too into himself. In a past video she said that he was a spender, and she was the thrifty one. Well, based on her spending - he must be a HUGE spender. LOL

Ihatewatch89
Informer
Informer

Post by Ihatewatch89 »

Saw the latest video and had to see if anyone had a thread about her. Sad its not more active.

Brittany and Ryan are getting a divorce. Since she wont say why - Im guessing he cheated.

judgeydrudgey
Lurker
Lurker

Post by judgeydrudgey »

Ihatewatch89 wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:13 am
Saw the latest video and had to see if anyone had a thread about her. Sad its not more active.

Brittany and Ryan are getting a divorce. Since she wont say why - Im guessing he cheated.
Based on what she said about if there was any chance of redeeming the relationship, she wouldn’t be divorcing + not wanting to talk bad about the father of her kids, kind of seems like that’s what she’s implying.

I always thought they were an interesting match, but figured maybe it’s a case of opposites attract. Hoping the best for the kids.

I remember Ryan left his job to work for Brittany and her companies - I wonder if he’ll go back to work. I’m guessing he will, but we’ll likely never know

PisaLisa
Informer
Informer

Post by PisaLisa »

There is a lot more talk on reddit:

lunaladylove5
Stalker
Stalker

Post by lunaladylove5 »

I definitely smell infidelity on top of a bunch of other issues like narcissism and financial disagreements. I remember in a video a couple years back about her mentioning how they were at a restaurant or something and a woman came up and handed Ryan her phone number right in front of Brittany. She has also made comments about women at Carter's daycare flirting with Ryan right in front of her. Ryan strikes me as a guy who loves that kind of attention.....hint the narcissism allegations. Brittany also followed/liked Instagram posts and accounts about recovering from relationships with narcissists.

Just like any divorce I definitely feel like there is multiple things going on

NoOne1234
Learner
Learner

Post by NoOne1234 »

Does anyone know what she said in her happy hour live chat? She mentions in her latest YT video

Return to “V-Z”