Rumena_101 - Too Good to be true

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Rumena_101 - Too Good to be true

Post by Teaspillers »

Any tea on this gal and her eleventy million sisters? Rumena_101?

She seems to have been around for ages but suddenly rocketed up in terms of presence in the last year or two.

Seemingly sweeter than sugar but something about her seems off... all her videos are about the same makeup look over and over again/one of her millions of sisters weddings/baby showers/bridal showers/trapped wind/someone passed their NVQ ...

mystical-rose
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Rumena_101 - Too Good to be true

Post by mystical-rose »

There is such an age gap between her youngest and oldest sister (even between her). Guess her parents were trying for a boy. It's common in Southeast Asian culture.

I follow her on IG because of her trendy looks but don't watch her videos much anymore. She has so many family functions and gatherings daily that it gets overwhelming.

littlebitofcitrus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by littlebitofcitrus »

Oh my goodness I can't believe there hasn't been much said about her. I really cannot stand her. She literally thinks she's gods gift. I used to like her before but as she's become more known her true personality is shown. She is so up herself and thinks she's so attractive. Honestly her clothing style makes me feel yuck. I don't think she's good looking. If you watch videos that others post of her she looks like an elf. Cause she's so slim her clothes look big for her (western clothes) its even things like her most recent Instagram post with a green top about not following the crowd. If she's talking about her clothes. She hasn't come up with anything new lol. So many girls wear blouses and trousers lol. Also everytjme she vlogs she just stares at the camera for ages and pouts. Her sisters all seem really down to earth but Rumema seems like she needs attention on her all the time. It's also obvious she's going out with that raqib guy. Which is funny as he is related to amir khan and Rumema always begs it off mariyah. But I also remember the days Rumema would beg off faryal when faryal used to do YouTube videos lol. Very very fake

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

i just don't get the appeal, she isn't a fashionista despite the numerous freebies from the insta labels, I mean it's quite easy to look good in clothes if you are reasonably slim and of average height, especially traditional Asian wear, her style, persona everything is so sickly sweet and vanilla but if something/someone sounds too good to be true they usually are.

Agree that the 7 sisters are probably the result of the parents continously trying for a boy, not uncommon at all in tradition South Asian families from pakistan/Bangladesh and her family for all their supposed modern traits seem as typical as they come.

She is a fool if she is going to marry into that family. Although given her ability to be as bland as rice pudding she will probably fit right in like the cousins they usually marry.

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

She has so many followers because she's from Bangladesh, and most of them are Bengali, perhaps they can relate? I really can't as how many functions does one family require? The party for their nephew might as well been a mini engagement. The sisters bridal shower was the most lavish I've seen, they must be really rich to be able to afford so many big parties constantly. Their house seems modest but it could be a council house, so must be saving lots on rent or a mortgage.

The most irritating thing about her is how she HAS to tell everyone how much "jokes" they have. How "lively" they are and how they are "loudest" anywhere they go. That's kind of given as there's so many of them, of course it will be loud and entertaining.. But Rumena has to let everyone know in case no one realises, so everyone absorb it in. No one in London, I mean no one as much jokes and fun as Rumena and her sisters ok? You thought you had fun, no darling only Rumena has!

I don't believe for one minute they don't argue or have drama. Seven sisters and they all are so supportive of one another without arguments or any politics? There's no way with that much PMT in one household for everyone to be like the brady bunch.

She's very pretty in a classical way, but her fashion sense isn't anything amazing. A lot of stuff is from Next and most of her followers are young girl who wouldn't shop in there.

I can't believe she's marrying Rakeb?! She got a lot of flak from her Bengali followers for it as he's Pakistani. They are acting like she's become a traitor to Bangladesh! Relax she lives in London not Bangladesh. Forget what ethnicity he is, what's more tragic is he's Amir Khan's cousin. Has she not seen what they did to Faryal? How did her parents allow her knowing how they treat their sons wives?
He's rich so I guess money talks and I bet their wedding will cost more then 200k. Also it will be so liveky and so loud!! So much jokes!!!

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

From what I know and things I’ve heard it doesn’t surprise me that they seem to have a lot of disposable income to spend on over the top parties and gifts. None of them seem particularly educated or in high end careers (the family cash cow being the exception) so my guess is benefits and council house. No or low rent, tax credits for all those kids, it’s not that unbelievable.

Being loud is nothing to be proud of, they just come across as chavvy desi’s to be honest.

She isn’t unattractive but the minute she opens her mouth and that Asian Luton accent comes out the illusion is broken.

For all their over the top antics they seem really typical. I’m not surprised that the Bengali community is not happy about her marrying a Pakistani guy there isn’t a lot of love lost between the two communities. I’m sure that the wealthy family she is marrying into might cushion the blow. Her future inlaws don’t seem particularly classy either so they can all be loud together whilst whipping out religious quotes or talking about empowering women whenever they get criticism for behaving like pendus with money.

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

How much money is Rumena actually earning that they can afford these lavish events? Their father is a social worker who can't be earning more then 40k and their mother seems to be a housewife. Their weddings must be over 20k plus all these extra occasions.

When Rumena used to work in MAC in Westfield she seemed so humble. She would thank people for recognising her and she appeared to be so sweet. Now all she does is admire herself in the mirror or her phone.

As for marrying into the Khan family, didn't they have an issue with Faryal modelling? Will they allow Rumena to model afterwards? Why would she want to live all the way in Bolton away from her family?

You are right, both families are worse as each other. Asian chavs and their wasteful weddings, I bet the guest list will be over 600 people. Then they will throw a religious quote about giving to charity of course.

Post by Guest »

There was always something off about this girl for me, I remember years ago on Instagram she would just follow hundreds of people. I know because she followed me and I was new to insta then and was shocked she was following thousands of accounts. That's partly how she became popular. She does come across sweet but that accent, that voice, the reason why I cannot watch any of her videos. She seems to just be sponsored by all sorts, and she is just constantly promoting the free stuff she gets rather than actual genuine reviews on anything. She also has the same pose, especially with dresses where she pics them up from the sides. Her mum is very beautiful and she is nice looking too. However her face looks different in pictures than it does in videos so I think there's a lot of face tuning going on in her pics. I also wonder what she does with all those free asian dresses she gets. I mean good for her for being successful, she's building a brand and she's not stupid enough to mess it up. I do remember once though when vanity femme aka mariyah posted a video of her dancing at her sisters's wedding Rumena put up a video of her and her sister mocking how asian girls dance at weddings, copying some of the same moves and taking the mick out of VF. So maybe not so nice and sweet (Was funny tho)

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

I thought Rumena and Vanityfemme were friends? They did a video together ages ago. Rumena isn't exactly an amazing dancer herself.

I like Rumena's mum, she appears to be sensible and speaks wisely. I was shocked she knew English, because she always quiet during the vlogs. So I thought she can't speak English but she grew up in the UK.

I don't think Rumena's accent is bad, it's only because she doesn't finish her sentences. She's quite repetitive and speaks really fast, if she slowed down a bit and expressed herself more, she would sound better.

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

Rumena and her sisters equate being attention whores /loI’d to being gregarious and fun. There’s a fine line Rumena, a very fine line.

Their mum seeens sweet but all those sisters represent another missed opportunity for a boy. Her family appear quite typical and there is no way at least half of them weren’t an attempt at conceiving a boy no matter how modern and forward thinking they try and represent themselves to be Now.

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

In the mum tag video she said she's very happy with her seven daughters. She said she only wanted a son after her eldest was born but then changed her mind. She originally wanted two children but ended up with seven.

I will never understand why the need for sons, to carry on a family name that no one cares or to inherit a 3 bedroom house? Sons are only sons until they get married anyway, her daughters are her friends for life. I think the mum realises that now and sincerely feels blessed to have seven daughters in her life.

At least they have two grandsons now so she should be happy.

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

Candycrush wrote:In the mum tag video she said she's very happy with her seven daughters. She said she only wanted a son after her eldest was born but then changed her mind. She originally wanted two children but ended up with seven.

I will never understand why the need for sons, to carry on a family name that no one cares or to inherit a 3 bedroom house? Sons are only sons until they get married anyway, her daughters are her friends for life. I think the mum realises that now and sincerely feels blessed to have seven daughters in her life.

At least they have two grandsons now so she should be happy.
Judging by the amount of mad shrieking that goes on whenever any of the boy babies are in sight I’m guessing they are beyond happy. Didn’t you know they are the happiest loudest almost joyful and loving family this side of sylhet?! ImageImageImage

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

LOL! Of course the party only ever starts when they arrive. Too much "jokes"

Is that why we never see the dad? Too much oestrogen in that household for a woman to cope, let alone a man. They have one bathroom?! Do they have a timetable? I'm curious because there's no way there's not any drama between them.
I get the vibes she's slightly envious of the teenage sister, she's really pretty looks like the carbon copy of the mum. A lot of people were commenting she's the prettiest and then Rumena was quite rude to her in one of the videos. Almost calling her dumb and her other sisters didn't like it.

Post by Guest »

I remember rumena and vanityfemme doing a video together..it was quite awkward to watch. A while after vanityfemme referred to rumena as only an 'acquaintance' in a rather rude way when someone asked if she was friends with her. Clearly something went on behind the scenes. Also has anyone noticed how ayesha ziya..supposedly one of rumena's only female friends has kind of disappeared off the scene. However ayesha and vanityfemme have become good 'acquintances' lol. Also I agree with the above comments I do think rumena is a more down to earth youtuber and I much prefer her over the likes of vanityfemme but there's something about her I don't warm to. I think it's the bragging nature about how she's oh so classy and modest in her clothing but this doesn't reflect in her hyper personality. I woder if there's a reason she only has male friends?

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

Forevereal912 wrote:I remember rumena and vanityfemme doing a video together..it was quite awkward to watch. A while after vanityfemme referred to rumena as only an 'acquaintance' in a rather rude way when someone asked if she was friends with her. Clearly something went on behind the scenes. Also has anyone noticed how ayesha ziya..supposedly one of rumena's only female friends has kind of disappeared off the scene. However ayesha and vanityfemme have become good 'acquintances' lol. Also I agree with the above comments I do think rumena is a more down to earth youtuber and I much prefer her over the likes of vanityfemme but there's something about her I don't warm to. I think it's the bragging nature about how she's oh so classy and modest in her clothing but this doesn't reflect in her hyper personality. I woder if there's a reason she only has male friends?
I don’t trust any woman that has more male friends than female or who says things like

“I prefer being friends with guys, they are less bitchy”

“Women are so much drama”

Due to the sheer number of sisters it’s hard to tell at first that she doesn’t have many female friends,
Old non insta famous ones at least.
However I noticed on her birthday snaps it was all
Mainly family and that Male friend of hers who frankly creeps me out with the obvious unrequited thug he has going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

I used to follow her the days before she blew up on Insta. She said she had two Pakistani best friends, one female and one male. He used to be quite big, seemed friendly and funny. She no longer talks about the female friend and they were friends from college.

Ayesha lady who does the perfume called Rumena annoying. Maybe she got fed up with her childish personality?

It's ok her new best friend is Mariyah Khan now

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

Candycrush wrote:I used to follow her the days before she blew up on Insta. She said she had two Pakistani best friends, one female and one male. He used to be quite big, seemed friendly and funny. She no longer talks about the female friend and they were friends from college.

Ayesha lady who does the perfume called Rumena annoying. Maybe she got fed up with her childish personality?

when did AZ call 101 annoying?
I think Rumena's a good person,but still do not trust girls with only guy friends.The girl is usually inscure and or competitive

Also she is no longer friends with massi masala and co,and Aysha Ziya one of best friends,who's hse she frequently stayed at and met with in India(cant believe how fickle friendships are),AND no longer chummy with Maraja,her chubby guy friend.Its bugging me that theres no drama around this lol

Libby_UK
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Libby_UK »

It was in one of her vlogs where they are driving somewhere together, she said something like apart from you annoying me or you are annoying to Rumena. They laughed it off but you could tell she meant it, a long car ride with Rumena was doing her head in. I think they were driving to Luton?

Why are her friendships never long lasting? She goes through friends like flings.

Vanityfemme must be fuming that Rumena got herself Amir Khan's cousin and marrying before her

Teaspillers
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Teaspillers »

Candycrush wrote:It was in one of her vlogs where they are driving somewhere together, she said something like apart from you annoying me or you are annoying to Rumena. They laughed it off but you could tell she meant it, a long car ride with Rumena was doing her head in. I think they were driving to Luton?

Why are her friendships never long lasting? She goes through friends like flings.

Vanityfemme must be fuming that Rumena got herself Amir Khan's cousin and marrying before her
Oh didn’t you know Vanity is too busy empowering other women and building them up and living the dream to be worried about what other people are doing, she posted it on snap so it must be true ImageImageImageImage

Without the oxygen of snap and insta followers these girls rumena included would wither away and die.

Post by Guest »

maxmarabh wrote:
Candycrush wrote:I used to follow her the days before she blew up on Insta. She said she had two Pakistani best friends, one female and one male. He used to be quite big, seemed friendly and funny. She no longer talks about the female friend and they were friends from college.

when did AZ call 101 annoying?
I think Rumena's a good person,but still do not trust girls with only guy friends.The girl is usually inscure and or competitive

Also she is no longer friends with massi masala and co,and Aysha Ziya one of best friends,who's hse she frequently stayed at and met with in India(cant believe how fickle friendships are),AND no longer chummy with Maraja,her chubby guy friend.Its bugging me that theres no drama around this lol
Why did she fall out with massi masala and Co. ? I'm sure one of those women were suppose to design rumena's wedding outfits..I guess she changed her mind. I think some girls who only keep male friends love the attention and like to flaunt themselves in their company. She's not as 'traditional' as she makes out to be if all these guy friends are over at her house in her bedroom even if it's just a casual thing. I also think she suits her husband to be..it seems as though they both have the same level of intellect. Also I heard that her dad who is not shown much is in fact her stepdad..it explain how the siblings don't resemble him.

Return to “Rumena_101”