Sammy Robinson / @sammyrobinson on IG

mimipartytime123
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sammy Robinson / @sammyrobinson on IG

Post by mimipartytime123 »

Another bra like scarf top and a flowy skirt.....groundbreaking. I can't hate too much she has a killer bod and knows what works for her, even if it is boring.

poisonousprinces
Informer
Informer

Post by poisonousprinces »

mimipartytime123 wrote:Another bra like scarf top and a flowy skirt.....groundbreaking. I can't hate too much she has a killer bod and knows what works for her, even if it is boring.
Definitely boring and frustrating. Is it really a matter of wearing what works for you when, with her modelesque body, basically everything works for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elspvic
Talker
Talker

Post by elspvic »

you have to be a seriously dumb, braindead bimbo to worship idiots like sammy.

she's a nasty girl, needs a good slap on the face

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

elspvic wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:27 am

just curious, what makes you say that?

elspvic
Talker
Talker

Post by elspvic »

darcyking wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:45 am
elspvic wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:27 am

just curious, what makes you say that?
I have mutual friends with her, went to another private girls school in the north shore where most of us know each other and have been to many house parties around the north shore that she has frequented.

She's stuck up, insular and won't talk to anyone new or unfamiliar.

That and the fact that she literally has no talent, expertise or anything positive to offer the world. She's a worthless bitch and people praising her because she is pretty are superficial losers.

There's so many better, socially positive people in this world to look up to.

But can't expect much from the vast majority of people in sydney anway

bobothebuilder
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bobothebuilder »

as someone who used to live in sydney the gilded elite don’t really give nobodies time of day

btom
Learner
Learner

Post by btom »

She is moving out with Daisy... lol

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Seeing someone move out "for fun" when they have their own self-contained space paid for by their parents makes me want to scream.

mimipartytime123
Learner
Learner

Soooo random thing I noticed. Sammy no longer follows her friend Laura and Laura was not at Sammy's birthday celebrations and did not give her a shoutout on Insta. In fact she was out partying with another group.

She seemed close with her seeing as they went to Coachella together so I wonder what the tea is maybe something to with the move????

gottacatchemall
Learner
Learner

Post by gottacatchemall »

Her fillers don't look anywhere near bad enough to warrant her being cast on Married at First Sight Australia.

hotoffthepress_
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hotoffthepress_ »

mimipartytime123 wrote:Soooo random thing I noticed. Sammy no longer follows her friend Laura and Laura was not at Sammy's birthday celebrations and did not give her a shoutout on Insta. In fact she was out partying with another group.

She seemed close with her seeing as they went to Coachella together so I wonder what the tea is maybe something to with the move????

Yes I noticed this too!! And that it seems that Sammy and Daisy are staying close but there is a divide between them and Holly and Laura? They used to do group things together a lot and now that seems to be rare - i do wonder what is the tea ??!

Soccerina9111
Debater
Debater

Post by Soccerina9111 »

hotoffthepress_ wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 am
mimipartytime123 wrote:Soooo random thing I noticed. Sammy no longer follows her friend Laura and Laura was not at Sammy's birthday celebrations and did not give her a shoutout on Insta. In fact she was out partying with another group.

Yes I noticed this too!! And that it seems that Sammy and Daisy are staying close but there is a divide between them and Holly and Laura? They used to do group things together a lot and now that seems to be rare - i do wonder what is the tea ??!

I think Sammy is still friends with Holly! They posted pics of each other on their stories last weekend & still follow each other. But you're right, that is super strange.

I do think it's funny how Holly and Laura are trying to become influencers though lol. The only reason those two have a "large" follower count is bc they're friends with Sammy. People (like myself lol) only care about getting glimpses of Sammy on her stories. I mean I get Holly getting a few small gigs here and there bc her mom's literally the head of a talent/PR agency in Sydney. But Laura literally posts pics & instastories of her "posing" while getting her hair and makeup done by these random companies lolll. And she tags them too lmaoo. If I was Sammy, honesty I'd be annoyed that my friends are trying to copy me.

*sidenote, I've definitely gone to school with people like Sammy, and it's always annoying how their friend groups are always so WHITE

ejflol
Learner
Learner

Post by ejflol »

Soccerina9111 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:35 am
hotoffthepress_ wrote:

I think Sammy is still friends with Holly! They posted pics of each other on their stories last weekend & still follow each other. But you're right, that is super strange.

I do think it's funny how Holly and Laura are trying to become influencers though lol. The only reason those two have a "large" follower count is bc they're friends with Sammy. People (like myself lol) only care about getting glimpses of Sammy on her stories. I mean I get Holly getting a few small gigs here and there bc her mom's literally the head of a talent/PR agency in Sydney. But Laura literally posts pics & instastories of her "posing" while getting her hair and makeup done by these random companies lolll. And she tags them too lmaoo. If I was Sammy, honesty I'd be annoyed that my friends are trying to copy me.

*sidenote, I've definitely gone to school with people like Sammy, and it's always annoying how their friend groups are always so WHITE
Can't really blame them for trying to jump on the bandwagon of influencer $$$. I personally wouldn't be interested in following them.
I don't really understand what you're point is regarding how Sammy's friends are "so WHITE." The whole race thing really doesn't bother me/ don't see it as problematic at all. If you're using that as a slur/ stereotype it's low key offensive as well. In fact, don't you think it'd be worse if Sammy just had a tokenistic Asian or African friend? Sure, they're wealthy, entitled and insular though, but there are people like that everywhere in the world.

gottacatchemall
Learner
Learner

Post by gottacatchemall »

ejflol wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:51 am
Soccerina9111 wrote:
hotoffthepress_ wrote:

Can't really blame them for trying to jump on the bandwagon of influencer $$$. I personally wouldn't be interested in following them.
I don't really understand what you're point is regarding how Sammy's friends are "so WHITE." The whole race thing really doesn't bother me/ don't see it as problematic at all. If you're using that as a slur/ stereotype it's low key offensive as well. In fact, don't you think it'd be worse if Sammy just had a tokenistic Asian or African friend? Sure, they're wealthy, entitled and insular though, but there are people like that everywhere in the world.
I went to the same primary school as Sammy (I was a few grades above), went to a similar high school and my family live in the same area as her family. It's a very WASPy (ish - more White Anglo Saxon Catholic than Protestant) area.

If anyone has seen or read the book/movie Looking for Alibrandi, the "beautiful people" Josie Alibrandi describes are very much like Sammy and her friends. A lot of people from that area tend to stay in Mosman for a couple years after uni and then either move to Paddington/Bondi (also very WASPy - although Bondi and the Eastern Suburbs are known for having a huge Jewish community) or the inner-west/inner-city; traditionally working class but gentrified within the past 15-20 years (Redfern/Newtown/Marrickville/Surry Hills/Glebe - Redfern in particular has historically had a huge Aboriginal community that has been slowly pushed out because of gentrification). They usually only do this if they're moving in with a significant other.

Regarding the race thing, I only know a few people who ended up going to her high school but it's not particularly racially diverse. I also went to an all-girls school (not Queenwood but one a few suburbs over), and apart from girls in my group of friends who were Vietnamese, Filipino and Chinese, the most diversity we had were girls who were of Mediterranean European descent (i.e. Italian, Greek etc.), very white-passing Lebanese girls, and a girl who claimed to be "1/128th Aboriginal". My Mosman High coworkers at Cremorne Maccas tended to be much more diverse than the school I went to.

ejflol
Learner
Learner

Post by ejflol »

gottacatchemall wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 am
ejflol wrote:
Soccerina9111 wrote:
hotoffthepress_ wrote:

I went to the same primary school as Sammy (I was a few grades above), went to a similar high school and my family live in the same area as her family. It's a very WASPy (ish - more White Anglo Saxon Catholic than Protestant) area.

If anyone has seen or read the book/movie Looking for Alibrandi, the "beautiful people" Josie Alibrandi describes are very much like Sammy and her friends. A lot of people from that area tend to stay in Mosman for a couple years after uni and then either move to Paddington/Bondi (also very WASPy - although Bondi and the Eastern Suburbs are known for having a huge Jewish community) or the inner-west/inner-city; traditionally working class but gentrified within the past 15-20 years (Redfern/Newtown/Marrickville/Surry Hills/Glebe - Redfern in particular has historically had a huge Aboriginal community that has been slowly pushed out because of gentrification). They usually only do this if they're moving in with a significant other.

Regarding the race thing, I only know a few people who ended up going to her high school but it's not particularly racially diverse. I also went to an all-girls school (not Queenwood but one a few suburbs over), and apart from girls in my group of friends who were Vietnamese, Filipino and Chinese, the most diversity we had were girls who were of Mediterranean European descent (i.e. Italian, Greek etc.), very white-passing Lebanese girls, and a girl who claimed to be "1/128th Aboriginal". My Mosman High coworkers at Cremorne Maccas tended to be much more diverse than the school I went to.
Thanks for providing the context/ insight. Can't really tell if you think that it is problematic or not though? She definitely is an archetype of the rich anglo gal, and your comparison to Looking for Alibrandi is very on point. However, I still don't know why this component of Sammy is somehow a horrible thing? Like I said earlier I would find it far more disturbing if she had tokenistic ethnic friends to make her look more "diverse" , which may end up happening now that we're discussing it, as I am pretty sure her management views these forums :roll:

Soccerina9111
Debater
Debater

Post by Soccerina9111 »

ejflol wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:04 am
gottacatchemall wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:37 am
ejflol wrote:
Soccerina9111 wrote:
hotoffthepress_ wrote:

Thanks for providing the context/ insight. Can't really tell if you think that it is problematic or not though? She definitely is an archetype of the rich anglo gal, and your comparison to Looking for Alibrandi is very on point. However, I still don't know why this component of Sammy is somehow a horrible thing? Like I said earlier I would find it far more disturbing if she had tokenistic ethnic friends to make her look more "diverse" , which may end up happening now that we're discussing it, as I am pretty sure her management views these forums :roll:
Yeah, looking back on how I worded it, I can totally understand how it comes across as "problematic" that she doesn't have an ethnically diverse friend group. I didn't really mean that she should have a token black or asian friend (you're right, that would be worse lol), I was just pointing out how literally all her friends were white and I found that weird lol. I suppose I can't exactly fault her for growing up in that type of community though.

Soccerina9111
Debater
Debater

Post by Soccerina9111 »

also, her ny fashion week looks this year are WHACK... she needs to get a new stylist asap

kellyba34
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by kellyba34 »

Gotta love the rich kids here acting like they're somehow different, better, or more 'woke' than Sammy.

mimipartytime123
Learner
Learner

Soccerina9111 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:36 pm
also, her ny fashion week looks this year are WHACK... she needs to get a new stylist asap
They were all so boring and like lacked style?? She kind of blends in and isn't ever a standout and I wish they did more with her hair. But she ended up in the Vogue recap so maybe her team knows what they are doing.

elspvic
Talker
Talker

Post by elspvic »

bobothebuilder wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:06 am
as someone who used to live in sydney the gilded elite don’t really give nobodies time of day
the irony as that they are nobodies in the world, i have met billionaires and american politican families who are more humble than losers from sydney

'rich' sydney people are truly the most pathetic group of people i have come across on this earth

Return to “P-U”