Teni Panosian

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Teni Panosian

Post by snappedback »

I know a lot of people like her because she's boring and inoffensive for the most part but I cannot stand this self-involved bitch. She takes herself so seriously and worst of all, she NEVER wears makeup.
She'll snap 800 seconds opening up high end package after high end package of makeup and yet I never see her wear a stitch of it!
Hourglass gave her their entire makeup line! The whole thing! Do I ever see her wear any of it? No of course not.
She's more interested in wearing all of her free clothes and hobnobing at events since she's a failed actress. I really can't stand all of these beauty gurus who start these YouTube channels simply to get noticed for something they couldn't make it in. See Nicol Concilio and Desi Makeup (both failed singers and wannabe celebrities who do the makeup thing simply for attention.)
I can't possibly be the only person sick and tired of Teni's boring, unmade face popping up on snapchat.
She's such a wannabe Kim Kardashian but at least Kim packs on the makeup!

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Teni Panosian

Post by milanese15 »

Yessss, I've have eagerly been awaiting a thread on her. I never really cared about her until snapchat. She is one of those people who has been ruined by it for me. I was done with her when she cried about the socialite "hater" comment. That pissed me off so much.

1. Calling a person a socialite is hardly the meanest comment I've ever seen. I didn't think it was even rude tbh.
And 2. She wants props for helping her family out financially?

Like, I really think she thinks she is still 18. Earth to Teni, most people in their 30s have dependents. Most people her age have careers because they need to feed and clothe their children. And then the kids who, like her apparently, grew up in working class families who helped them get through school, have finished professional school. It's quite common for children of immigrants, for example, to be supporting their parents in their 30s. You're not some special prodigy for it. I just hate when people martyr themselves like that. If she were 18-25, I'd probably see her point, but most people in their 30s have gotten their shit together financially, so I'm like why do you think this makes you unique? And to go on about how hard you worked for everything you have, when it was a two sentence comment that used the word socialite! Please. I mean, when your snapchat is just about getting paid to go to spas (like today's snaps showed), travel, go to celeb filled events, it's not like they took the biggest leap ever with that comment...

Also, I agree that she NEVER wears makeup. And it's not even like she's sitting in her house. She'll be like "I'm at this festival, sorry im not wearing makeup." It just makes me feel like you don't have a passion for/love of makeup if you're only wearing it to industry events and on camera for your makeup channel.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Also she seemed pretty bitchy last night in her Halloween "cultural appropriation" disclaimer. Idk. I feel like, either do the costume and dgaf/ignore everyone, do it and be sweet & understanding while acknowledging any criticism/saying you meant no harm, or don't do it at all. Rolling your eyes at people who would have a problem with it is probably the worst way to respond. I'm not someone who genuinely cares if someone does a costume like that, but how you respond to the insensitivity criticism is what I'll judge you on. And I don't even think she was being criticized yet, it sounded like she was preempting it.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Teni Panosian

Post by snappedback »

Exactly! She has no passion for makeup. It's so clear that she's developing these relationships with brands simply to raise her profile. She still goes on auditions and takes acting and voice lessons so she can parlay this small amount of internet fame into an acting career. Unfortunately for her, her stunning role in the Snoop Dogg-Wiz Khalifa movie didn't turn into anything, so she is still trudging along in the beauty game.
The thing that really pissed me off and pushed me to start this thread was the annoying rant she went on yesterday. She posted a half assed Halloween look which she called Pharaoh. She claims to have pulled ideas from Cleopatra, King Tut's sarcophagus (she said "tomb" but that's what she really meant) and the ancient God Anubis. Anyways, someone commented on the photo saying "it's that time of the year when people appropriate our culture for costumes." She went onto say that she loved ancient Egyptian culture and that it was an homage to "the pharaohs before Christ." Weird to bring Christianity into it and make that some delineating point. As in, if you make a costume out of anything from the BC eras then you're good to go. But she basically said, she wasn't mad at this comment but that she was laughing at how ridiculous it was to be offended and that unless you worship ancient Egyptian gods then you don't have a leg to stand on.
However I found her response to be very condescending. If it wasn't a big deal to her and she didn't care then she shouldn't have addressed it on snapchat. But it's really ridiculous to think that people don't hold in esteem the ancient peoples and cultures that are part of the history of their modern society/nation or state. The Egyptians, Phoenicians, Minoans, ancient Greeks and Persians are still held in high esteem by their modern descendants. And I bet that there are people who find it rude and disrespectful to make costumes out of those cultures. America hasn't been around for very long and doesn't have ties to any ancient culture so it doesn't mean much to us. But I think it's rude to not at least hear how people feel about especially from the international followers who do have a connection that culture. She doesn't have to take down her photo and apologize but she should hear perspectives on it without dismissing it out of hand immediately.
I just found the whole thing to be tactless and unnecessary. And it annoyed the shit out of me that she said doesn't normally do Halloween tutorials because they're too labor intensive. Excuse me? This is your job. One you've chosen to pursue. I hate beauty gurus who don't want to do any kind of content that involves real, actual work. She and Jaclyn Hill are two lazy peas in a pod.
And I also agree that Teni complains about the mildest of criticisms. She needs to get a fucking grip.

teebee9
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by teebee9 »

snappedback wrote:I know a lot of people like her because she's boring and inoffensive for the most part but I cannot stand this self-involved bitch. She takes herself so seriously and worst of all, she NEVER wears makeup.
She'll snap 800 seconds opening up high end package after high end package of makeup and yet I never see her wear a stitch of it!
Hourglass gave her their entire makeup line! The whole thing! Do I ever see her wear any of it? No of course not.
She's more interested in wearing all of her free clothes and hobnobing at events since she's a failed actress. I really can't stand all of these beauty gurus who start these YouTube channels simply to get noticed for something they couldn't make it in. See Nicol Concilio and Desi Makeup (both failed singers and wannabe celebrities who do the makeup thing simply for attention.)
I can't possibly be the only person sick and tired of Teni's boring, unmade face popping up on snapchat.
Think you hit the nail on the head with her faults. I mean I can't say I hate her. She's one of the least annoying youtubers I've come across, seems humble, and informative. But I don't exactly go running to click on her videos when she uploads a new one. She's a snoozefest. She also contradicts her humble attitude with a vlog that she makes a huuuge production. Her vlogs are so edited it's like wow... why? No one cares. Not helping her failed acting career. I just find the vlogs obnoxious like "look at me and envy the 'lifestyle' I'm portraying... do it now!"

fihe
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by fihe »

I had no idea that Teni had ever tried to pursue acting. I do watch her videos from time to time, and I actually like that she's one of the few who doesn't cater to teenagers.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Teni Panosian

Post by snappedback »

fihe wrote:I had no idea that Teni had ever tried to pursue acting. I do watch her videos from time to time, and I actually like that she's one of the few who doesn't cater to teenagers.
She clearly acts like she's above all of these other girls because she went to college and has been in straight to DVD movies. She played Wiz Khalifa's girlfriend in the movie, I believe.

Edited to add: And thanks for your comment! I kind of expected no one to join in so I appreciate your participation! Image
Last edited by snappedback on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

snappedback wrote: However I found her response to be very condescending. ...
And I also agree that Teni complains about the mildest of criticisms. She needs to get a fucking grip.
I'm glad you said this, because I've definitely seen this in her comments. She did a video on how she cleared her skin and credited her alkaline diet. When people questioned the value of and science behind that diet, she got super defensive and responded with some story about how her friend in chemotherapy had been recommended that diet by her oncologist. And Teni had a long one on one conversation with him about it, so she'd rather trust an actual doctor than her commenters. (Something along those lines--I can't find the comments now. the top one is her defending herself about saying you don't need a lot of fruit because of all the sugar, but I'll look more later). At the time, I just sat there thinking, "okay, that was for someone sick with cancer. Why would a diet recommended for ill people work for healthy people or clearing acne?" She also got really defensive in the comments of her "Arabic inspired" tutorial, because people were disagreeing with the terminology, saying it should be Arabian or Arab. She was like, "I consulted with my Arab friends first, ok!" It's like she's sooo scared of not looking knowlegable.

Personally, I feel like she thinks she's better than other gurus because she went to USC, and treats her viewers that way too. Um, I graduated from college too, and a better one than yours so calm down. It doesn't mean anything--we all make mistakes. Like I said earlier, I don't judge someone by the content of their words as much as the way they react to things.

And I don't think the acting thing will go anywhere for her. She doesn't look younger than she is. (I found her when she was 28, and I couldn't believe it at the time. I thought she was in her mid to late 30s). And I don't know what kind of roles she would play. Maybe she can work on a Crest 3D White commercial.

Idk, I've only seen a handful of videos of hers, because they're generally boring. I don't know if she's constantly popping off in the comments or if I just happened to stumble upon the times that she does, but I add basically every guru on snapchat. And she's done nothing to improve my estimation of her there. She is still boring and bland, just a lot more self involved on it.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

teebee9 wrote:
snappedback wrote:I know a lot of people like her because she's boring and inoffensive for the most part but I cannot stand this self-involved bitch. She takes herself so seriously and worst of all, she NEVER wears makeup.
Think you hit the nail on the head with her faults. I mean I can't say I hate her. She's one of the least annoying youtubers I've come across, seems humble, and informative. But I don't exactly go running to click on her videos when she uploads a new one. She's a snoozefest. She also contradicts her humble attitude with a vlog that she makes a huuuge production. Her vlogs are so edited it's like wow... why? No one cares. Not helping her failed acting career. I just find the vlogs obnoxious like "look at me and envy the 'lifestyle' I'm portraying... do it now!"
Thanks for joining in on the thread! Image

And she's so far from humble. I think she looks at the Ipsy girls and the majority of the other beauty bloggers as superficial idiots with very little to offer.
Higher end brands seem to work with her exclusively and frequently and I think it's warped her opinion of herself which is insane.
She doesn't like or wear makeup half the time! Even when she's out having dinner with colleagues, she'll snap herself completely unmade. I don't get it. If wearing makeup is so hard for her to do, then maybe she shouldn't bother with the makeup channel thing and try to become an actress in a more authentic way.
She definitely thinks her life is super glamorous and she's always trying to show it off and make other people feel jealous in my opinion. She loves to haul all this makeup and clothing and yet we never see any of it again. She's really into herself and thinks she looks so perfect without makeup. She even calls herself "otherworldly" on her Instagram.
Sooooo humble. Image
I just find her so obnoxious.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

snappedback wrote:
fihe wrote:I had no idea that Teni had ever tried to pursue acting. I do watch her videos from time to time, and I actually like that she's one of the few who doesn't cater to teenagers.
She clearly acts like she's above all of these other girls because she went to college and has been in straight to DVD movies. She played Wiz Khalifa's girlfriend in the movie, I believe.
You sent this while I was writing my comment, but it's nice to see someone else feels that way too!

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

snappedback wrote:
teebee9 wrote:
Thanks for joining in on the thread!

And she's so far from humble. I think she looks at the Ipsy girls and the majority of the other beauty bloggers as superficial idiots with very little to offer.
Higher end brands seem to work with her exclusively and frequently and I think it's warped her opinion of herself which is insane.
She doesn't like or wear makeup half the time! Even when she's out having dinner with colleagues, she'll snap herself completely unmade. I don't get it. If wearing makeup is so hard for her to do, then maybe she shouldn't bother with the makeup channel thing and try to become an actress in a more authentic way.
She definitely thinks her life is super glamorous and she's always trying to show it off and make other people feel jealous in my opinion. She loves to haul all this makeup and clothing and yet we never see any of it again. She's really into herself and thinks she looks so perfect without makeup. She even calls herself "otherworldly" on her Instagram.
Sooooo humble.
I just find her so obnoxious.
Omg, sorry for so many comments, but this reminded me of when I saw a blog post (EDIT: found it. It was Byrdie ) where they listed and interviewed their favorite beauty bloggers. They asked them to sum up their blog or channel in three words. i don't remember exactly was the others said, but Blair said "bubbly, exciting and lively"? Anyway, one of Teni's words was aspirational. That stuck with me because I found it very presumptuous and full of herself. Like...no girl. You're relatable....

http://www.byrdie.com/beauty-videos-sec ... 14/slide25
Last edited by milanese15 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

milanese15 wrote:
snappedback wrote: However I found her response to be very condescending. ...
I'm glad you said this, because I've definitely seen this in her comments. She did a video on how she cleared her skin and credited her alkaline diet. When people questioned the value of and science behind that diet, she got super defensive and responded with some story about how her friend in chemotherapy had been recommended that diet by her oncologist. And Teni had a long one on one conversation with him about it, so she'd rather trust an actual doctor than her commenters. (Something along those lines--I can't find the comments now. the top one is her defending herself about saying you don't need a lot of fruit because of all the sugar, but I'll look more later). At the time, I just sat there thinking, "okay, that was for someone sick with cancer. Why would a diet recommended for ill people work for healthy people or clearing acne?" She also got really defensive in the comments of her "Arabic inspired" tutorial, because people were disagreeing with the terminology, saying it should be Arabian or Arab. She was like, "I consulted with my Arab friends first, ok!" It's like she's sooo scared of not looking knowlegable.

Personally, I feel like she thinks she's better than other gurus because she went to USC, and treats her viewers that way too. Um, I graduated from college too, and a better one than yours so calm down. It doesn't mean anything--we all make mistakes. Like I said earlier, I don't judge someone by the content of their words as much as the way they react to things.

And I don't think the acting thing will go anywhere for her. She doesn't look younger than she is. (I found her when she was 28, and I couldn't believe it at the time. I thought she was in her mid to late 30s). And I don't know what kind of roles she would play. Maybe she can work on a Crest 3D White commercial.

Idk, I've only seen a handful of videos of hers, because they're generally boring. I don't know if she's constantly popping off in the comments or if I just happened to stumble upon the times that she does, but I add basically every guru on snapchat. And she's done nothing to improve my estimation of her there. She is still boring and bland, just a lot more self involved on it.
She seems to have a very thin skin and a superiority complex. I don't really understand people with that kind of personality wanting to be in the spotlight. Celebrity comes with a serious glare and lots of heat. If she can't stand the mild criticism of social media then how is she going to deal with the global media?
I also can't stand people who never apologize or can't accept that they're wrong sometimes. Like Jaclyn Hill would rather change the subject and act like a martyr than apologize and move on. Teni goes on rants about the tiniest of criticisms. And she will get in these angry rants about she's a "good girl" and "so nice" but will "check bitches" when she needs to. She isn't any different than Amrezy with criticism. She just doesn't swear as much. And as annoying as Amrezy is (and I complain about her in her thread too), she is very authentic about who she is.
Teni on the other hand wants to be perfectly bland for brands but wants people to pay attention to her at the same time. So we see stupid engineered situations on snapchat like when she decided to get wasted. Rolling my eyes.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

^^ Ugh, I hated that snap story. I even commented about it the Jaclyn thread at the time haha. She was a very shrill, annoying, but weirdly still boring drunk.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Teni Panosian

Post by snappedback »

milanese15 wrote:^^ Ugh, I hated that snap story. I even commented about it the Jaclyn thread at the time haha. She was a very shrill, annoying, but weirdly still boring drunk.
Oh I think I remember that. Haha.
She was so annoying. She's always trying so hard to seem funny and cute but comes off so stilted and awkward. I honestly don't think she even knows how to be funny and personable. Like she snapped this the other day:
And I was like "huh?" How is this a funny or interesting picture? And she's clearly trying to prompt her followers to make memes and funny instagrams out of her shit like Desi and Lustrelux. But she isn't interesting or funny! It's not gonna happen. She is boring.

teebee9
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by teebee9 »

Ahahaha omg, "otherworldly?" That's rich. Did you just make that up, darling?
Yes I agree she's rather awkward. She might be a little self conscious about that and that's why she portrays herself more bland than other gurus. It's served her well so far. But then you just end up looking like a dork if you don't get used to embracing other sides more frequently.

And thanks for creating this thread! I think it's great we can comment and discuss people in the public eye without being shunned on youtube :tu:

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

^^You're welcome! I love GG because it's nice to vent once in awhile. And these gurus can be total control freaks over the most innocuous of comments. Teni especially. I would never bother to voice my concerns with her because it would fall on deaf ears. If you can't be reasonable then it just isn't worth my time.
And the thing that really bothers me is how these girls will try to be as boring and bland as possible thinking that they'll never get any criticism ever. (Though Teni clearly hates how her bland policy is making her grow much more slowly than the Ipsy crew.) Life doesn't work that way. No one is perfect 100% of the time. You have to accept that. But they won't accept that reality, so when they inevitably are criticized they lose their shit. They all act so entitled about what is said about them. What they seem to forget is that they're selling us stuff! They want us to buy these awful products and use their discount codes and fawn all over their photos and videos without ever disagreeing with them. It's obnoxious! If you want my hard earned money, then you should have the decency to listen to my concerns without starting a cascade of jealousy accusations. Ridiculous. It's just unbelievable that we're expected to be super positive (or else we hate women or feminism or whatever), keep our complaints to ourselves and buy everything they shill.

wordslinger12
Learner
Learner

Post by wordslinger12 »

I tend to like watching Teni's videos because like someone said earlier, she doesn't cater to teenagers. Its a bit sad that I now appreciate YouTubers that are in their late 20s and early 30s and aren't squealing in their videos. But I do agree she is boring and her looks aren't creative. Personally, I don't have issues with sponsored videos but her home decor video.... It just wasn't great. I'm guessing she went on a rant on snapchat because I saw people commenting on how it was great and to not listen to "haters". She should learn to value constructive criticism. Its great that she had the opportunity to work with Method but I wasn't a fan of the decor she did and most people weren't. I didn't see anyone write unwarranted comments about her as a person, rather about her decor choices.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Yeah, I just checked it out and the design was not good. The proportions were way off. And those candlesticks looked so weird and out of place in the bathroom. I was shocked she said that was her favorite part. I also finally checked out one of her vlogs and it was so awkward. Even in the shots on set, I'm thinking "how is this girl an actress?" She can't sell it. All I feel is her discomfort. She seems afraid or even embarrassed in them.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

wordslinger12 wrote:I tend to like watching Teni's videos because like someone said earlier, she doesn't cater to teenagers. Its a bit sad that I now appreciate YouTubers that are in their late 20s and early 30s and aren't squealing in their videos. But I do agree she is boring and her looks aren't creative. Personally, I don't have issues with sponsored videos but her home decor video.... It just wasn't great. I'm guessing she went on a rant on snapchat because I saw people commenting on how it was great and to not listen to "haters". She should learn to value constructive criticism. Its great that she had the opportunity to work with Method but I wasn't a fan of the decor she did and most people weren't. I didn't see anyone write unwarranted comments about her as a person, rather about her decor choices.
Thanks for your comment and for joining in!

I also appreciate YTers that behave in a more mature way and don't cater to tweens. I don't really understand why any of them do it in the first place. Tweens and teens always want to be cooler and pretend to be older so they like stuff that isn't geared specifically to them. It just allows them to pretend to be grown up.
Anyways, her home decor videos were absolute garbage. And obviously part of that is her fault. I think she has terrible taste. But why would Method chose home decor as a sponsored video for hand soap? Doesn't make any sense. It isn't authentic or native marketing. It was just a bad idea all around.
She seems to think that she's an arbiter of style and taste and therefore anyone criticizing her choices is "uncultured and tacky." She takes herself way too seriously and thinks too highly of herself. I think confidence is important especially for women, but you should never look down on others. She's a very arrogant, self-important, condescending and haughty. She needs a reality check. She looks down on people so much but tries to pretend to be humble and sweet. I hate that BS.

snappedback
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by snappedback »

milanese15 wrote:Yeah, I just checked it out and the design was not good. The proportions were way off. And those candlesticks looked so weird and out of place in the bathroom. I was shocked she said that was her favorite part. I also finally checked out one of her vlogs and it was so awkward. Even in the shots on set, I'm thinking "how is this girl an actress?" She can't sell it. All I feel is her discomfort. She seems afraid or even embarrassed in them.
ITA with everything you said!
I especially agree that her vlogs are very awkward. And she is trying so hard to make them like a Sex and the City knockoff/reality show. I think she's so desperate to be an actual actress or host for E! News, but she is about as interesting and charismatic as a bowl of gruel. And she doesn't have a spark of something, that IT factor in front of the camera. And not to be overly rude, but she reads soooo old on camera. She looks 10 years older than she actually is. And Hollywood doesn't roll with that. You have to look your age or younger to book anything.

Return to “P-U”