Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sarah "Benjamin Button" Hawkinson General Thread Part 2

Post by DallasTX »

Serapis wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm
Speaking of lazy, this overgrown teenager still has a Patreon page. She goes months in between posting anything, yet still has 18 people dumb enough to send her money each month.

Did we ever learn what Ryan does for a living? I'm assuming he covers the majority of their household bills.
I don’t know what he does. He probably does pay for everything despite her picking up every bogus sponsor she can (four sigmatic is an overpriced scam that will take any vegan/veg) she was making excuses for going to mayhem and saying she should be paying her debt instead but it’s okay bc she’s gonna sell stuff, etc. Godforbid she tries honest labour. No wonder she fears aging, I think she’s Benjamined herself into a toddler now.

treetown_squirrel
Debater
Debater

Post by treetown_squirrel »

DallasTX wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 pm
Serapis wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm
Speaking of lazy, this overgrown teenager still has a Patreon page. She goes months in between posting anything, yet still has 18 people dumb enough to send her money each month.

Did we ever learn what Ryan does for a living? I'm assuming he covers the majority of their household bills.
I don’t know what he does. He probably does pay for everything despite her picking up every bogus sponsor she can (four sigmatic is an overpriced scam that will take any vegan/veg) she was making excuses for going to mayhem and saying she should be paying her debt instead but it’s okay bc she’s gonna sell stuff, etc. Godforbid she tries honest labour. No wonder she fears aging, I think she’s Benjamined herself into a toddler now.
I know she tried out some kind of PT retail and that didn't "work out" but she really seemed to like that office job she had forever ago when I first started watching her. Is she not aware PT office jobs are totally a thing? Solitary roles exist in offices, too. In my old job I was the only designer and honest to god I sometimes went whole days only saying "good morning" and "hey" to people and that was it, the rest was emails as far as communication went-- if she couldn't handle that she's screwed.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

So basically she made a video regurgitating what she has already post on Instagram & Twitter about doing her "own thing" for her YouTube. Girl, just get a job.

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

I love her digging in her ear at the end of her video about finally getting a job, so classy and professional, not nasty at all! Also love how she says she doesn’t want a job in marketing, as if there aren’t already many actually qualified candidates. I feel like she would be lucky to have a job in retail. I didn’t watch the video too closely because she basically reveled she’s yet to put in any actual effort. But oh boy when she moves that wide ass she’s gonna film it! :roll:

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

She hasn't had a job in six years. I imagine it would be hard to get a job after that long having to explain in an interview why there's such a big gap on your resume. But youtube is so big now that I can imagine her getting lucky and getting hired because "doing youtube" is enough reason to have no work experience in nearly a decade and if it's retail or customer service they might think having a youtuber as an employee will draw in customers.

I just think it's sad that after all the schooling she did and her being so adamant about working as a counselor or therapist for so long that she's completely dropped all that and will probably work minimum wage in her local mall. Not that there's anything wrong with that in itself - it just bothers me that someone with the ability and privilege TO attend college and get degrees would end up wasting it all away for nothing. Had she continued with it and applied for jobs she very well could be working in a counselling field by now. But no. She's a dumbass.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

I guess my thing is that if you FOR YEARS have constantly complained about not making a lot of money on YouTube then post more. Her last videos on her 3 channels are this:

- May 15, 2019 on PossessedByHorror
- May 17, 2019 on her vlog channel
- May 20, 2019 on her main channel

You aren't going to make money if you aren't posting a ton of content. She doesn't have a ton of subscribers. Her main channel (according to Social Blade) has lost 1,465 in the last 30 days. The only channel that seems to be improving is her horror channel. We all know when she posts a lot of videos for a couple of weeks she'll need a "break".

treetown_squirrel
Debater
Debater

Post by treetown_squirrel »

SourBerry wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:39 pm
I guess my thing is that if you FOR YEARS have constantly complained about not making a lot of money on YouTube then post more. Her last videos on her 3 channels are this:

- May 15, 2019 on PossessedByHorror
- May 17, 2019 on her vlog channel
- May 20, 2019 on her main channel

You aren't going to make money if you aren't posting a ton of content. She doesn't have a ton of subscribers. Her main channel (according to Social Blade) has lost 1,465 in the last 30 days. The only channel that seems to be improving is her horror channel. We all know when she posts a lot of videos for a couple of weeks she'll need a "break".
Consistency is key-- but recording consistently is totally not necessary and I'm surprised she's never really caught on to that. It's such a common recommendation to batch your work and release it slowly to maintain that consistency on social platforms that it's funny to me when she talks about needing breaks. Like, divide out your ACTUAL output and figure out what your schedule should actually be. If it's a new video once every 2-3 weeks, so be it.

Edited to add so I don't double post: Watched her video where she announced that she will be seeking a part time job-- in all seriousness good for her for making that move. Should definitely force her to structure her time. It's actually taken me a long time to realize this but I don't think I'm all that different from Sarah in one specific way which is that I need some external structure from a job to keep me on task. I'm not prone to depression or anything I just procrastinate so much more thinking I have more time than I do.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

No wonder her numbers are terrible. Someone on twitter asked her if she's going to do a video on the new netflix horror The Perfection and she said she's watched it but will have a video on it in TWO WEEKS. It came out yesterday, and she's waiting two weeks to make a video on it? Why not get the video out now so that she can capitalize on the current hype train it's on? In two weeks everyone is will have moved on to the next film.

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

Sarah: Brags about how many videos she posted in May.
Also Sarah: Doesn't post a video anywhere in over 1½ weeks.

Girl, if you want to make money with this you might want to pre-film and schedule shit for when you go camping. And also, what happened to finding a job?

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

I am just going to say this - I think her stupid nose ring may be more of a trigger to the redness. I do have eczema though. I hope she is wearing actual quality metals.

She is too boring to comment on anything else.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

She's been talking for a at least few months now about needing to get a real job. Yet she's on twitter talking today about having run out of video topic ideas that can be monetized and she says, "so I guess I should get on that job hunt soon". You mean to tell me that all this time she's not even started looking? lmfao

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

I’ve been waiting for her new job video omg. I think so little of her ability and she still miserably disappoints. Literally what does she even do all day? I’m surprised she has a partner that puts up with her

alexandramarie
Learner
Learner

Post by alexandramarie »

It makes me sad that she's almost 30 years old and too afraid to get a job. She used to be fun and inspiring to watch, but now I just feel bad for her.

gumdropdrive
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by gumdropdrive »

F

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

This is just so sad on Twitter she said: "I think it’s so ironic that so many of my viewers say “we’d be such good friends irl!” or “I wish we were friends!” because that’s honestly one of the things I’m most self conscious about: making and sustaining friendships in adulthood. should I just do a video on this??"

I too have issues with making friendships as an adult but I swear she constantly asks "Do you want me to make a video?" on most of her video topics. JUST FILM IT. STOP SEEKING VALIDATION.

Swav
Informer
Informer

Post by Swav »

That's what annoys me about her too. She constantly asks for video ideas and wants to know what everyone wants to see from her. She needs to just film what she wants and what interests/excites her - it's HER channel. I mean she even has an entire video on this very topic where she's griping about worrying about what video topics are "on brand" or relevant or possible to monetize. It's another reason I think her channel is dying/already so dead. She's trying way too hard to cultivate a theme even though she said herself she'd personally rather have no theme, and she relies to heavily on only filming what her followers give her ideas on - yet most of the time people just comment back that they'll watch whatever she decides to film, leaving her with nothing concrete to adhere to. She needs to stop having people basically manage her channel for her (unless she wants to pay us, lol) and just do what she wants regardless of theme or anything besides whether she finds it interesting and wants to do it.

It's amazing really - it's like she simultaneously tries way too hard without actually trying or putting effort into anything at all.

DallasTX
Debater
Debater

Post by DallasTX »

When people ask her about a video she said she’d make on insta her reply usually is “if you guys still want it?”
LAZY

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by SourBerry »

I am just going to say this - that piece of furniture she bought is holding nothing but extra crap. Just get rid of your shit and stop buying five million Slipknot and Metallica shirts. And that storage thing she got is fucking $70 at Target. Sarah, where the hell do you have $70 to spend?

jennunicorn
Lurker
Lurker

Post by jennunicorn »

It seems like a lot of Sarah’s anxieties, like making friends as an adult and having stable income, are easily remedied by having a job. Even if she did and entry level job like a barista or office work she would make friends! She lives so close to Sacramento with sooo many jobs available. I live here in sac too and there’s plenty positions, especially barista and office jobs, available. Even the town she lives in has a lot of coffee shops. I’m just confused as to why she doesn’t have a part time job? Plenty of successful YouTubers have FULL TIME jobs and channels. What are your thoughts?

SourBerry
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Sarah

Post by SourBerry »

jennunicorn wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:01 pm
It seems like a lot of Sarah’s anxieties, like making friends as an adult and having stable income, are easily remedied by having a job. Even if she did and entry level job like a barista or office work she would make friends! She lives so close to Sacramento with sooo many jobs available. I live here in sac too and there’s plenty positions, especially barista and office jobs, available. Even the town she lives in has a lot of coffee shops. I’m just confused as to why she doesn’t have a part time job? Plenty of successful YouTubers have FULL TIME jobs and channels. What are your thoughts?

I honestly think it is because she is scared of growing up. She very much has Peter Pan Syndrome.

Return to “P-U”