Tess Christine

Abrie
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tess Christine

Post by Abrie »

I hope there's no other thread for her here yet, at least I could'nt find one.

I overall like Tess but in her latest Q&A video she said that she would do YT as a full-time job now that she's graduated. It's her life but I always thought she was different from other gurus, being at college and all. More reasonable in regards of her future. Also, she "only" has 360,000 subscribers - I wonder how much income she gets? Can she really live from her views?

gossipinright
Learner
Learner

Re: Tess Christine

Post by gossipinright »

Ah, I feel bad even posting on this because I LOVE Tess Christine. Ive been a subscriber when she only had about 800 subbies. Shes smart, so hopefully she doesnt rely on Youtube FT :/ But hey, if she is the newest host for MMO (which is through Awesomeness no?) then maybe she is with a company and can afford it?

janjan
Learner
Learner

Post by janjan »

is it just me or does her boyfriend remind me of a lemur?

propeller
Debater
Debater

Post by propeller »

I used to watch her but after a while I got tired of her. She seems smart and like she has a good head on her shoulders, but she's boring.

astyle
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by astyle »

yeah, i discovered her a while back. she's alright, but she's just like any other average guru.

she'll have to spruce up her channel/videos if she wants to be a more successful guru.

wonder if she'll make the trek to LA too? (now that she's done w/ college)

itsjustmeyouknow
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by itsjustmeyouknow »

I used to like her, but then she did a Q&A a while back (not the recent one) and on a question of why she started YT, she said because she was bored one day so she filmed herself curling her hair - but she lied. Juicystar07, Blair, had a contest for that dance of clean & clear and Tess made a video response to it to win and I used to be obsessed with blair back then so I would watch her video responses and then I found tess. Her video was sooooo good, she knows how to dance and I subbed to support her to she could win. She ended up not winning, and she deleted that video.

She nevers mentions it. Which seems shady.

jana450
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jana450 »

Watching her newest Q&A video I was really suprised that she said she started youtube because she was bored and filmed herself curling her hair, I remeber in one video (one of the first that she filmed) she said that she posted video response to Blair's video and that some girls commented that she was very good and that's why she decieded to continue filming.
I liked her videos more back 2 years ago, now she seems boring, she's clearly obsessed with Ariana Granda - almost every look is like Ariana. And she is just filming get ready with me videos... boring

SchruteFarms
Informer
Informer

Post by SchruteFarms »

I really like this healthy video series she's doing. It's a good idea!
I didn't like the video between her and her boyfriend, I know a lot of people thought it was cute but I thought it was annoying! lol She was so squeaky.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

She is young, naturally pretty, sweet, and smart. All she needs is a shout out from one bigger guru, and she's golden.

It makes me kind of sad when these girls get a college education and choose to make a career out of YT right away. If it doesn't work out, how will that look to a future employer, you know?

livechiclove
Informer
Informer

Post by livechiclove »

Meh shes too boring
I could barely make it through a tutorial
Ian + Mickey

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

Yeah, doing YouTube full-time out of college is a mistake, especially if she wants to get a career at one point. A gap in employment looks shady to most employers. I guess she is in PR/Marketing so she could say that her YouTube channel is a form of that so it might work for her. But I still think she should at least get part-time work at a PR firm to keep her work history consistent. But I guess no one ever told her this lol.

Abrie
Learner
Learner

Post by Abrie »

At least she puts some effort into her videos. I always liked that about her and I think the "Get fit with me"-series can be helpful for people who want to lose weight. She really inspired me with those healthy snacks. :D

But one thing that's annoying me lately is her lighting. It is waay to light. :(

rocksplash
Learner
Learner

Post by rocksplash »

Whoa, her subscriber count has shot up. She got 85,000 subscribers last month

letmetellyou
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by letmetellyou »

livechiclove wrote:Meh shes too boring
I could barely make it through a tutorial
agreed. i subbed for a few months last year, i think, but had to unsub because i just stopped watching her videos due to them being boring as eff (plus she wasn't uploading consistently at the time).

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

[youtube][/youtube]

I enjoyed this video actually. her makeup skills are pretty blah but she found great alternatives for the clothes. All the links are affiliate links though.. do gurus not have to disclaim those?

exquisite
Talker
Talker

Post by exquisite »

mitty_moo wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

I enjoyed this video actually. her makeup skills are pretty blah but she found great alternatives for the clothes. All the links are affiliate links though.. do gurus not have to disclaim those?
According to FTC they absolutely have to disclose an affiliate link just like bloggers have to. Technically all disclosure should happen before the content, so it should be at the top of the description box instead of the bottom. Pretty much every guru is not abiding by FTC at all and it's incredibly frustrating how they're all getting away with it.

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

No kidding... the only disclaimer she had was that it wasn't sponsored...

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

^Ugh she is so gorgeous and her body is pretty sick!

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

caught straight up lying (this is from her kylie/kendall video)

mitty_moo
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mitty_moo »

as you can see they clearly go through an affiliate program. (I clicked one of the tinyurl links in the description box of that same video)

Return to “P-U”