Simply Nailogical - Part 2

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Re: Simply Nailogical - Part 2

Post by Knitting Jenny »

If i were a engagement ring company i would sponsor Youtubers who don't have a demographic of 14 year olds. But that's just me.

mookii
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mookii »

i liked the cat video a lot too! the difference between the 2 cats was so funny
i appreciate ben and christine for trying to keep it real when it comes to shady youtube business practices. they're not perfect and recently ben needs to tone it down. but overall i think that compared to other big youtubers, they're one of the more respectable role models out there.
theyre also smart about planning, especially since they both have government jobs, which provide great benefits and retirement plans. tbh idk how the future of other big youtubers will go, i mean, are they going to keep being beauty gurus/vloggers and whatnot at the age of 40? 50? but i get the feeling that these 2 would be able to leave youtube behind pretty easily if it ever comes to that

BonBonsDiary
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by BonBonsDiary »

I really enjoyed the video on NotLogical and I do appreciate her...transparency? I'll say? With sponsorships and the sorts of requests those in the Youtube industry may get. Too bad some of those sponsorships aren't from nail companies to get the nail art back on track.

Atinylittledinosaur
Talker
Talker

Post by Atinylittledinosaur »

Does it annoy anyone else how she acts so clueless and incapable of doing the simplest things in videos? She really hammed it up in that cake video. Really contradicts the whole "I'm not like other Youtubers" thing her and Ben try to sell in every video.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

Maybe shes genuinely clueness and dumb at certain things like cooking. They both mentioned her cooking for ben when they first started dating and it was a disaster

Auksva
Learner
Learner

Post by Auksva »

lurkerloo wrote:So, Zyler is the Ben and Menchie is the Cristine? Zyler likes to go for walks, Ben walks to get tea. Menchie doesn't like to go outside, Cristine doesn't like to go outside.

I liked that she made it clear the cats were given time to get used to the items, were given breaks, and that she talked about how stimulating this could be to animals and to know your animal and what they are and are not capable of. She can get obnoxious, but at the end of the day she always takes time to talk about the importance of educating yourself pretty much on everything.
A little late reply, but YES. As a cat owner, it pisses me off so much when people treat cats like toys. I got really anxious about the cat backpack, because my cat hates to be put in small spaces. But she managed to go through with it really well, taking time, understanding that their are animals not objects. I can respect that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smallworld
Debater
Debater

Post by smallworld »

It’s been a few months since I’ve seen anything of hers but she keeps popping up on my recommended so I watched a few videos and enjoyed them except this cake one. They’re both so smart but she acting so fucking clueless and their whole holier than thou attitude that they’re not like other YouTubers is getting old. They’re not the only ones who have a 9 to 5 job and see YouTube as a hobby. Sometimes I feel that I’m harsh of her channel but this video is just ridiculous.

semivillain
Learner
Learner

Post by semivillain »

I was cringing so much during the cake video. I thought everyone has a tiny little sense of know how in the kitchen, even if it´s the slightest thing. But her not even knowing how to butter the cake tin? Jesus. An adult that knows NOTHING about cooking. Just seems so weird to me!

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk »

lol I bet that Ben has a daddy kink and Cristine’s occasional baby voice and helplessness is just a part of it

tacobeard
Informer
Informer

Post by tacobeard »

TeenageTalk wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:32 pm
lol I bet that Ben has a daddy kink and Cristine’s occasional baby voice and helplessness is just a part of it
please go watch her snapchat right now. She is moaning over Ben grilling veggies and chicken while the word "grill daddy" is written over the screen. :o

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk »

tacobeard wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:31 pm
TeenageTalk wrote:
please go watch her snapchat right now. She is moaning over Ben grilling veggies and chicken while the word "grill daddy" is written over the screen. :o
I'm officially kink shaming them

Knitting Jenny
Informer
Informer

Post by Knitting Jenny »

TeenageTalk wrote:
Lol. I can totally see that.

semivillain
Learner
Learner

Post by semivillain »

God I wish they'd keep that to themselves. Stop exposing the 12 year olds to that.

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

No one:
Not a single person:
No human being on the face of the Earth:
Cristine: so I don't know if you guys know this but I also have a real job and I-

tjugo
Learner
Learner

Post by tjugo »

well thanks to GG, I now can't unsee this weird ddlg thing
No signature please

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

It's the WEIRDEST thing, Ben seems a bit...not the type to play into the daddy stereotype, my brain tends to put macho-er dudes into that role usually, but honestly? The more I think about it? He's looking for a more domineering role in his personal life as someone who seems not overly-outspoken in his day to day and she's a highly educated person who uses her brain at work daily and maybe would like to shut that down when she isn't working - guys, it makes sense. :rofl:

wreck
Informer
Informer

Post by wreck »

tjugo wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:53 am
well thanks to GG, I now can't unsee this weird ddlg thing

ismelindsey
Talker
Talker

Post by ismelindsey »

Another couple video. A few months ago I would've been excited but now not so much.

feelinpapal
Lurker
Lurker

Post by feelinpapal »

Ugh, in her latest video testing face masks Ben makes the one-off comment "Why is it offensive to imitate Asian accents but not British ones?" and it's just so typical ignorant straight white male.

kozume
Informer
Informer

Post by kozume »

Can't believe I don't come here for a couple of days and suddenly the topic is if they're in some weird ddlg relationship, btw I do agree and I'm completely kink shaming, when Ben is in the room or close to Cristine, she seems to be more child like than usual and Ben does practically everything for her so yeah. I believe it

and yeah, idk ben, with you being so fully educated and "oh, I went to uni" tell me why is it offensive to imitate a asian accent, it's not like the only time people imitate asian accents are to make fun and belittle asian people or anything, so much for being a smart investigator

Edit:
I was watching one of the vacation vlogs and I suddenly remembered someone made some comment here about it being interesting if they were on some weird swinger friendship lmao :rofl:
English is my second language so i'm sorry for any mistakes

Return to “Simply Nailogical”