Mrs Midwest - Mrs Perfect

Bolombika3
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mrs Midwest - Mrs Perfect

Post by Bolombika3 »

I kinda feel bad for her. Yes, her views are super screwed up, but while I'm very liberal, pro life, gay ally, I still think you can be a nice person while being very very wrong and harmful.... And she still seems like a nice but awkward, dorky, and overly selff conscious person who was trying to find her identity because hers was so fragmented, and she talked herself into cosplaying her current life to create an identity for herself..
She seems very dorky, very awkward with no self confidance whatsoever hiding behind this identity... And people overlook this, because she is conventionally attractive,...
She seems lonely. Like you can feel the lonelimess through the screen. I feel really sad for her sometimes, it would have been a better idea to find a psychologist instead of immersing herself in this lifestyle..

Bolombika3
Learner
Learner

Post by Bolombika3 »

Bolombika3 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:47 am
I kinda feel bad for her. Yes, her views are super screwed up, but while I'm very liberal, pro life, gay ally, I still think you can be a nice person while being very very wrong and harmful.... And she still seems like a nice but awkward, dorky, and overly selff conscious person who was trying to find her identity because hers was so fragmented, and she talked herself into cosplaying her current life to create an identity for herself..
She seems very dorky, very awkward with no self confidance whatsoever hiding behind this identity... And people overlook this, because she is conventionally attractive,...
She seems lonely. Like you can feel the lonelimess through the screen. I feel really sad for her sometimes, it would have been a better idea to find a psychologist instead of immersing herself in this lifestyle..
I meant I'm pro choice, English is my 3rd language... :)

yoyoyo1
Learner
Learner

Post by yoyoyo1 »

Hmmm. Mrs Midwest, Mrs Midwest. She gives me an interesting perspective on life.

A part of me wants her lifestyle. A part of me wants to be a career woman instead.

Don't know how, but I stumbled upon this youtuber from Boston, Massachusetts called, "Chanel Rose", and she oddly's the polar opposite of Caitlin. Chanel Rose is Brunette. Pretty (well, Caitlin is pretty too, but I mean they are like totally different kinds of pretty. Chanel is like Belle from beauty and the beast a bit, and Caitlin is more of a cinderella/sleeping beauty pretty.).

Chanel always goes to work meetings, is at events, always out doing something. Her vlogs are almost never at home. It looks like her channel only started a few months ago. She doesn't appear to have a boyfriend or husband in her life. However, her travel vlog of Rockport and also the Macy's Concert with Ashanti (the famous singer) was really entertaining and cute. I like her editing.

Caitlin is blonde. Stay at home. Almost all of her videos take place in her house. She blogs, cooks (doesn't eat out), makes videos and does Disney Princess hobbies all day. Caitlin is planning on having kids (Caitlin has said she wants 4 kids). Caitlin has a husband that loves her (despite what people say, I think he does! She and her husband have a good relationship). She's married. I enjoy her styling videos, though, and she seems to have fun with what she does.

SIMILARITIES: Chanel and Caitlin are both exactly the same age (I believe), and they both studied marketing at a 4-year college. They are both pretty (but Belle vs. Cinderella) and good at editing. They both do cookie cutter content and are into fashion. They are also both relatively introverted and loners (although Caitlin has a husband so he can count as a friend lol). I'll post a pic of Chanel Rose since you prob wouldn't know who she is yet:
chanel rose1.jpg
It's interesting to see how choices you make impact your life, and I wonder which path will fare better by the time they are 30. What's better....being a single, no husband, childless career gal living in a big city, or being a blonde stay at home mom in Michigan with 4 kids, who has a sweet cash cow blog and can rely on YouTube for income? Which life would you rather have? I'm on the fence.

I don't have kids yet myself, but I can't help but feel as if you're missing out if you don't. Then again, some people say kids are the worst thing ever and envy those without them. Sure kids can be a lot of work, but I wonder if motherhood beats going to job interviews, working constantly, and having to dress fancy all the time.

Career women like this Chanel Rose girl are less likely to have kids...or friends. I'm subscribed to them both. It'll be interesting to see where these new channels go (Caitlin's channel is still new, it just blew up unexpectedly fast). I think when I started following Mrs Midwest she had a very small amount of subs, and then one of her videos went viral or something. But I'm sick of old YouTubers like Jenna Marbles and Tati, so I've been watching smaller channels that come from 2019/2020 to see what will happen to them in the years to come. I'd rather watch a story unfold than read one that's already over.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Locket
Learner
Learner

Post by Locket »

I know I already made a post about how lazy she is, but I just watched a video of hers where she continually justified why she doesn't want to work out and it's SO obvious how lazy she is. Everything about her lifestyle just screams laziness, and she keeps justifying it by saying things like "I just didn't feel like working out was for me" and "I just don't think being a working woman is what I'm supposed to do" Nah girl, you just wanna lay around all day while your husband works hard and does everything for you. She's gonna get a real wake up call after she has kids and literally NEEDS to work out in order to look as thin as she's accustomed to looking. Taking cute little walks aren't gonna cut it anymore
:HK: :love2:

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

Ok I just had to share this comment under her latest video. Is this person for real? Is this person lowkey snarking? Is this person Caitlin pretending to be the viewer of her dreams? We may never know, but it made me literally lol.
EDA3E694-D5E2-4F0D-B7B7-55CDA172F454.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thedaisyalden
Learner
Learner

Post by Thedaisyalden »

yoyoyo1 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:29 am
Career women like this Chanel Rose girl are less likely to have kids...or friends.
I honestly don’t know about that, as a former career woman turned stay-at-home mom. Everyone’s experience is different and I’ve never seen Chanel Rose’s channel, but I don’t get the impression MM has very many friends, at least not that she sees on a regular basis. Staying at home (and being constantly busy with young children) can be much more isolating than you’d think in terms of making and maintaining friendships, especially for certain personality types and MM doesn’t scream extrovert to me. I also feel like her controlling husband is the type to restrict her social activities outside the house, but that’s just a guess.

yoyoyo1
Learner
Learner

Post by yoyoyo1 »

Thedaisyalden wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:28 am
yoyoyo1 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:29 am
Career women like this Chanel Rose girl are less likely to have kids...or friends.
I honestly don’t know about that, as a former career woman turned stay-at-home mom. Everyone’s experience is different and I’ve never seen Chanel Rose’s channel, but I don’t get the impression MM has very many friends, at least not that she sees on a regular basis. Staying at home (and being constantly busy with young children) can be much more isolating than you’d think in terms of making and maintaining friendships, especially for certain personality types and MM doesn’t scream extrovert to me. I also feel like her controlling husband is the type to restrict her social activities outside the house, but that’s just a guess.
You should watch her channel if you want to see someone young and pretty who goes out and does stuff, meanwhile Caitlin is also young and pretty but she stays at home all day. Her channel is quite new and small but it's really interesting.

But I feel like when you make choices in life, you sacrifice other things. If you choose to focus on your career and going out, you lose out on a husband, possibly kids, and homemaking/Disney Princess hobbies.

And let me correct myself. Career woman like this Chanel Rose girl, OR homemakers like Caitlin (Mrs Midwest) are less likely to have friends BECAUSE they have started to focus on YouTube recently in their early 20s. Shocking revelation I just made lol. If you do YouTube, it's probably because you're lonely/don't have people in your real life you can count on. Pretty sure both of them are estranged from their families and do YouTube as an escape/to talk to their imaginary friends on the Internet. Career women are less likely to have kids though. I could see Caitlin having kids, but I feel like in a weird way she's a career woman posing as a homemaker, and might not even be planning to have those "4 kids" she always rambles about. She's already 25 so she only has a few years left to start if she wants to make it to kid number 4 in good health.

I have a feeling Caitlin is secretly a career woman (with all the blog monetizing and her college degree) posing as a homemaker so that she can get the best of both worlds. Stay at home, don't have to worry about leaving the house early or annoying bosses, but still get the perks of running a business/making money. Did you know that people who have no friends are more likely to be successful in life? It's because they're so focused on their own success, they become estranged from friends/family to get themselves to the top!

leslie-nope
Lurker
Lurker

Post by leslie-nope »

“Husbear” and her and so uncomfortable to watch. They always interact like 2 awkward middle schoolers that just started dating.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

leslie-nope wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:52 pm
“Husbear” and her and so uncomfortable to watch. They always interact like 2 awkward middle schoolers that just started dating.
The contrast between how loving and close she tries to portray their relationship on social media and how stilted, cold, and seemingly silent they actually are in videos is stark and depressing. She is ALWAYS showing off their "special breakfasts" and "romantic walks" in her insta stories with these flowery descriptions and gauzy filters. Yet when we've seen the reality in videos it's her at the breakfast table desperately rubbing his arm trying to get him to show affection and essentially having a conversation with herself or walking in complete silence and misery in the freezing Michigan cold. She'll also occasionally show off that he's playing guitar "for" her, yet it's always a Boomerang instead of an actual video which leads me to believe he's simply playing his guitar in the same room as her. Dude wouldn't even lie down with her while she was sick. You expect me to believe he regularly whips out a guitar and serenades her? Pure fantasy of the relationship she wishes they had. They just don't seem to have any joy between them. Like can you imagine them having a laugh over an inside joke only they share? Actually, can you imagine Toe making her laugh even once? Because I really can't.

This would be more tragic if she wasn't an actual white supremacist and evil bitch but my point still stands.

cupcake-bby
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by cupcake-bby »

She's literally the last person who should give advice on relationships and elegant dressing. Her style is weird af and her relationship is a giant red flag. I have a feeling she only keeps up this feminine facade to keep her husband whom she probably married to get away from home and didn't bother to vet him properly because he's an asshole who doesn't care about her.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én Redmi Note 8 Pro eszközömről

Kayla_7777
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Kayla_7777 »

She used to annoy me but now I just feel bad for her honestly... no family or friends. Regurgitating the same video content over and over because she has nothing left to talk about. I stopped watching her videos quite a while ago and recently had to un-follow her on Instagram because it was just giving me too much second hand embarrassment

The sad part is that her whole marriage seems like just a phase and now she basically can't leave him ever because this whole made up fantasy life is the only reason for her social media presence.

yoyoyo1
Learner
Learner

Post by yoyoyo1 »

Kayla_7777 wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 11:43 am
She used to annoy me but now I just feel bad for her honestly... no family or friends. Regurgitating the same video content over and over because she has nothing left to talk about. I stopped watching her videos quite a while ago and recently had to un-follow her on Instagram because it was just giving me too much second hand embarrassment

The sad part is that her whole marriage seems like just a phase and now she basically can't leave him ever because this whole made up fantasy life is the only reason for her social media presence.
What are you on about, the girl is mad talented. Made up fantasy life or not, it takes skill to build a following and create nice videos. What second hand embarrassment are you referring to? I mean this in the most respectful way possible, but I can't tell if you people are just jealous or sincere with the criticism.

She may not have family or friends, but she has the homemaker thing figured out. Though I do wonder in the grand scheme of things, who is happier? Single or married people? Kids or not kids? Homemaker or career people? One of those things we can't know unless we're looking at life in hindsight. But I feel like there probably is a FORMULA, like I've noticed most people without kids are happier than those with.

Lahia
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Lahia »

Someone messaged me about the links i previously shared saying that they don't work. i think maybe becuz the website use new domain name... here are working links to the same articles:
https://tradmaswoman.com/mistakes-made- ... st-part-1/
https://tradmaswoman.com/mistakes-made- ... st-part-2/

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

Awfully convenient this typically proud af ~cop wife~ is having "personal issues" during all these protests against police brutality.......🙄

To think about what she and her toe husband say in private, particularly anything surrounding poc/his job, sends chills down my spine.

SmallGal03
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SmallGal03 »

yoyoyo1 wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:40 am
Though I do wonder in the grand scheme of things, who is happier? Single or married people? Kids or not kids? Homemaker or career people? One of those things we can't know unless we're looking at life in hindsight. But I feel like there probably is a FORMULA, like I've noticed most people without kids are happier than those with.
It probably depends from one person to another.
I have friends with strong mother instincts and I know they will be happy when they become parents.
Me, from the other side dread the idea of a traditional family life. What I've always wanted is having a career that allows me to travel a lot without loosing my freedom, bunch of friends and inspiring people around me, a strong confident man and that's it.
Kids? Maybe I'll change my mind with time but for now I don't see myself as a mom.

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

Well, apparently she's preggers.

English is not my first language

sun_08
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sun_08 »

I wonder if this thread is still alive. I started watching her a while ago and really enjoyed it because I love makeup and hair and all the feminine stuff. But she does seem to be kind of problematic now that I watched commentary videos on her and read them screenshots.

But lawd, I have the biggest crush ever on her that I can't take my eyes off her. Her confession to being possibly bisexual just filled my life with hope lol. Maybe she will one day leave her toe husband and befriend her own sexuality. Dude why would you ignore that!? Even though she would probably hate me anyway as I'm a female business owner, have tatts, am a bisexual Christian, and a childfree. Ugh. Life is unfair.

SmallGal03
Lurker
Lurker

Post by SmallGal03 »

sun_08 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:49 pm
I wonder if this thread is still alive. I started watching her a while ago and really enjoyed it because I love makeup and hair and all the feminine stuff. But she does seem to be kind of problematic now that I watched commentary videos on her and read them screenshots.

But lawd, I have the biggest crush ever on her that I can't take my eyes off her. Her confession to being possibly bisexual just filled my life with hope lol. Maybe she will one day leave her toe husband and befriend her own sexuality. Dude why would you ignore that!? Even though she would probably hate me anyway as I'm a female business owner, have tatts, am a bisexual Christian, and a childfree. Ugh. Life is unfair.
Because for some reason, being Christian means being heterosexual only and some (not all) communities force it.
I am hetero but I don't see how someones gayness interferes with the love for God.

imuffin13
Learner
Learner

Post by imuffin13 »

She looks a lot happier now that she's pregnant!

Jordy
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Jordy »

It's easy to get down on her for being lazy, especially now that she naps all the time but honestly being alone all the time like she is is so hard mentally- I hope she has friends beyond her husband that she is seeing regularly. I would be unmotivated in that situation also honestly- even though it is of her own making.

Return to “L-O”