Melaniie / Melanie Murphy Part 2

[12g34]
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Melaniie / Melanie Murphy Part 2

Post by [12g34] »

Has anyone read her new book? I'm intrigued about it but I also don't want to waste my money if the writing is awful

Nhian
Talker
Talker

Post by Nhian »

I swear to god if she goes on about how inclusive this book is one more time I will scream. Inclusion comes across rather disingenuous when you constantly pat yourself on the back for it.

Post by Guest »

She is becoming insufferable about this "If Only" book of hers. She does remember she's a Youtuber author? Not an actual author herself, that a team of editors and proof readers are the one who clean it up and make it acceptable to be on the market. She really does fancy herself the Irish J. K. Rowling doesn't she? Theirs nothing wrong with wanting to aspire to greatness but there she is proving she isn't eco-friendly or buys mainly in vintage or charity shops, her new photo in the suit? It's Calvin Klein suit bought in one of the most expensive stores in the whole of Ireland; Arnotts! A hand towel can cost you a lot in there, nevermind a CK suit!! What a fraud, her perception of reality is majorly warped.

She's about to be 30 soon right? She still live at home with her father if I'm correct? I hope she's helping financially towards her family and her dad, and using her dad being in hospital to get sympathy is really rather disgusting and vulgar behaviour for a woman her age. Why aren't her and her boyfriend living together? Rent a basic apartment? Very strange.

Their are things about Melanie I could like, but it is so overwhelmed by her pretentious behaviour and lying, especially when it comes to how she lives. She pretends to be eco-friendly, and tells her followers to do it, yet she's there buying the most expensive, heavily produced products because she things their "healthier" foods for her constant ailments and issues she seems to have - curious how their was never a follow up about her IBS medical report, she shares everything, I'm assuming it was all normal and she can't tell her followers that after the debacle she made and all her family history etc etc.

Most of the time now, Melanie irritates me, she is constantly going on about diversity and inclusion, yet she is surrounded by white people, never seen her with any diverse friends of any ethnic backgrounds, and she rarely spends time with anyone from different sexual orientations now. She is marrying or is engaged to a white straight male, so that's very conservative as people are pointing out. Fine who you fall in love with, but in all the time I watched Melanie over the years, I never heard her mention this so called friend (with the only photo of them two at a party in their teens). I think Melanie knew this guy very lightly many years ago, and seen how he was doing well, becoming a pilot, and got asked to somewhere, they met, dug her claws in as a lot of women do to keep that perfect look to their social status and started working on him. He seems very relaxed and chilled, so it wouldn't have been too hard.

I don't know how well she'll do with her book, the synopsis didn't catch my interest at all, it sounded very generic and outdated. I will be curious to hear what people say about it, once they've read it. As her other book was about herself wasn't it? This one sounds like its almost based on her, which worries me as it would seem she will be incapable of writing something that she can't relate to herself? I don't blame her admiration for JKR but the girl needs to grow up, be more mature instead of just wearing suits pretending to be a well established author. The hardcore fans will support her book, but I would like to see a critic or a well established book reader who reviews new books from Youtubers and get their take on her new book.

Melanie seems to want to not be seen as a Youtuber and only as a "Author, Writer, Designer, Bisexual Masterpiece, Perfected Human" type thing, ya know?

Anyway, lately she seems more pretentious than ever. Sad.

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Why the 'boss babe in a suit' thing... hasn't that got a bit old now. Just wear what you normally like to wear.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Agree that her worthiness is exhaustingly contrived. She is the kind of liberal that conservatives like to use as an example to criticise liberals. And it's hard to argue. (To be clear I am a liberal which is why I find it so frustrating.)

Totally agree about her virtue signaling exposed by her choice of boyfriend. Sure she can claim to be as bisexual and inclusive as she wants - and for some people it would be genuine. Of course im not saying that you can't be truly open minded to choose certain demographics that's ridiculous. But can anyone really imagine her settling down with anything but a straight white man? Her not voting in the abortion referendum is a perfect example of how she talks the talk but is full of shit

Post by Guest »

Is she really sharing quotes from her own book? Seriously? I've had a look on Amazon and Bookdepository and Goodreads and I can't find that many reviews on this book, and most are from hardcore Mel fans, they say so themselves! I mean, are their any from actual book critics?

She keeps going on about being in the bestsellers list, but that's just from her fans buying it, not from it actually being good?

I'm finding she is becoming more pretentious the more she believes she is becoming this "bestseller, top of the charts, amazing young talented writer" thing. Or is it just me noticing that? Strange. I didn't think most authors (if you can really call her that, but I guess their are books out there by celebrities or youtubers so anyone can write a book nowadays) were as self praising as she is being? Theirs being proud, then theirs being over the top right?

Maybe it just seems that way but its really in your face, every single post.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

MollyNoodles87 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:18 pm
She keeps going on about being in the bestsellers list, but that's just from her fans buying it, not from it actually being good?
Preach! It drives me nuts when youtubers are like "I'm on the bestsellers list". Um, that's because you have a bunch of fans buying it because your name's on it, not because it's actually interesting or well-written content... Also, when are youtubers going to admit they have ghostwriters? Or at least heavily involved editors?

Also which bestsellers list? Being at the top of the YA/youtuber bestseller list is way easier than being at the top of the overall bestsellers list. :roll: Unfortunately it also means less/holds less weight to be the "bestseller" because no one reads anymore and there are barely any bookstores left, so there is far less competition and minimum book sales required to get to the top.

Post by Guest »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:39 pm
MollyNoodles87 wrote:
Preach! It drives me nuts when youtubers are like "I'm on the bestsellers list". Um, that's because you have a bunch of fans buying it because your name's on it, not because it's actually interesting or well-written content... Also, when are youtubers going to admit they have ghostwriters? Or at least heavily involved editors?

Also which bestsellers list? Being at the top of the YA/youtuber bestseller list is way easier than being at the top of the overall bestsellers list. :roll: Unfortunately it also means less/holds less weight to be the "bestseller" because no one reads anymore and there are barely any bookstores left, so there is far less competition and minimum book sales required to get to the top.
Yep. Here in Ireland, we have a large bookstore called Easons, and I've been checking the bestsellers list and I can't see her book in it, neither in the Teens/YA or Fiction section, so I don't understand what she's on about? I give up with her sometimes lol!

Post by Guest »

I feel like I'm going to explode with temper right now after that Author Q&A on Instagram stories. I'm Irish, and so is Melanie but for some reason while listening to her talk on the stories in the Q&A, she was over pronouncing her accent and trying to sound posher than she is. Her accent is just a normal middle class accent, you need only listen to her dad and her sister. Her boyfriend has a strange accent, he sounds like he is from a posher area, so I'm starting to assume Melanie is copying him or trying to sound like she is from a more upper class place?

It really irked me so badly while listening to it. She was laying this posh accent on in some of her words. I think this Author thing is starting to really go to her head! Is anyone noticing that? I don't know, but it was very bothersome to see her so....pretentious.

You are a Youtube author, and I've tried to find information about this LORE thing she wrote when she was 19....theirs nothing. Take from that what you will, but I am becoming more distrusting of what she speaks about now.

Whether she likes to admit it or not, she only got those books because she is a Youtuber, and I don't really know how to feel about her at the moment.

horatio
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by horatio »

Yeah she's totally letting it go to her head. In the newest video when she's talking about body image and she just casually mentions "oh yeah I'm an author too..." She's gone the Louise pentland route believing her own hype, delusional that she really has this career in its own right and nothing at all to do with YouTube.

mdm_pompadour
Learner
Learner

Post by mdm_pompadour »

MollyNoodles87 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Rosie34567 wrote:
MollyNoodles87 wrote:

Yep. Here in Ireland, we have a large bookstore called Easons, and I've been checking the bestsellers list and I can't see her book in it, neither in the Teens/YA or Fiction section, so I don't understand what she's on about? I give up with her sometimes lol!

SAME HERE!! I'm based in Ireland and travel quite a lot for work (London-Belfast-Dublin), but not once did I see any of her books in any stores....

[12g34]
Learner
Learner

Post by [12g34] »

Her Instagram posts today really angered me. It just makes her seem ungrateful and boastful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

mdm_pompadour wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 am
MollyNoodles87 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:53 pm
Rosie34567 wrote:
MollyNoodles87 wrote:

SAME HERE!! I'm based in Ireland and travel quite a lot for work (London-Belfast-Dublin), but not once did I see any of her books in any stores....
Exactly! I've looked in every single shop and I don't see it on the bestsellers at all? Even when I've traveled to other counties around, and popped into a book store, I still didn't see it, so I'm baffled!

Post by Guest »

[12g34] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am
Her Instagram posts today really angered me. It just makes her seem ungrateful and boastful.
Oh my lord, please I know, I just seen them and seen her video at an author's after party...yeah! I'm really getting irritated by this entitled bullshit!

Post by Guest »

As @12g34 pointed out with Mel's new Instagram stories, boy is she hitting some nerves here! Firstly, if she's been earning "6" figures for 3 years, lets say a little over 100k over 3 years, and she hasn't saved enough for a deposit for even a normal house of 250-300k? WHAT THE HELL HAS SHE BEEN SPENDING THE MONEY ON??? SHE LIVES AT HOME WITH HER FATHER (Well, now boyfriend). WHAT THE HELL? Surely their finances together would be more than enough to buy a 250-300k house is she's earning over 100k a year? Over 3 years? Please someone help me with this, I live in Ireland, I earn 5 figures a year, and live in a council house which I will eventually put into buy as its so beautiful, with a huge garden. Am I ashamed of that? NO! This is my family home I'm going to be buying, and at half the price of outright buying.

Oh my god, I'm ranting, but she has enraged me so much right now! How dare she feel like she has even the right to be upset about this, earning over 6 figures and their are people living in f***ing tents in fields because they can't afford to live in a house, let alone rent one.

Sorry, but this is so self pretentious and spoiled of her to even say that. I'll be surprised if she doesn't get any flack for this!

Again, if she's been earning over 6 figures for the last 3 years, and living in her father's house all that time, what in god's name has she been spending the rest of it on? Let's say her dad's rent is near 2k, she could have been putting 500-1k towards that a month, so that's 6-12k a year right? Food maybe a 100 a week, 400 a month, so put that all together, 1.5k a month; so we're talking roughly 20k a year....what is she doing with the other 80k plus a year for the last 3 years?

If she saved 70k over 3 years, she'd have 210k by now...think about that, she would easily have enough to BUY a house, let alone a mortgage? Not to mention what her boyfriend is bringing in as a pilot.

I don't know if my math is off, but I'm doing rough estimates here, as I don't think her dad or brother are rich, but all 3 living together would have been quite comfortable in paying rent between them. And the average rent in Skerries where she lives is between 1500-2k a month, just go to Daft.ie and search for it, and you'll see.

The highest price in Skerries right now is 1 Million, the lowest is 285K, and the average is 300K or so. So forgive me, but....she'd have more than enough right? Or is she looking for a 4/5 bedroom 3/4 bathroom house by the sea for her perfect picturesque idealism dream?

Jesus, that riled me up to no end, when their are so many homeless people and people sleeping in hostels, fields in tents.

Phew....calm down now. Maybe she should cut down on her Charlotte Tilbury and high end boutiques and Chanel suits she's buying. Maybe that is where all her money is going.

Honestly, what do you guys think?

Firecracker
Talker
Talker

Post by Firecracker »

I honestly believe she just wanted to boast about how much money she makes, what a tone deaf idiot. I’m so sick of every other word out of her mouth being about how “successful” she is, she must be completely unbearable in person. It’s the biggest case of overcompensating I’ve ever seen in an influencer, like she constantly has to reaffirm to herself that she’s a “fully functionally adult”.

If you watch her video of her sister cleaning out her closet she talks about spending thousands on a jacket that she never wore— I’m guessing she is dumb as fuck with her money. Sorry honey, you can’t keep blaming society for your shitty spending habits. Don’t fucking pay thousands for CLOTHES! She did it with those ugly ass sex in the city shoes too (which she said hurt her feet so she never wore them lol) but why can’t my 100k ass afford a house? Whaaaaaaa!

[12g34]
Learner
Learner

Post by [12g34] »

I was about to mention her recent video. It such a joke for basically every other item to be an expensive designer item, then listen to her saying that she had only worn it once (or in the case of the Burberry coat, never), for her to come on social media a day later and complain. I have NO sympathy for her at all.

I'm livid that she seems to think it's an appropriate time to do some self promo too. What planet does she live on?!?!

Post by Guest »

Firecracker wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:30 am
I honestly believe she just wanted to boast about how much money she makes, what a tone deaf idiot. I’m so sick of every other word out of her mouth being about how “successful” she is, she must be completely unbearable in person. It’s the biggest case of overcompensating I’ve ever seen in an influencer, like she constantly has to reaffirm to herself that she’s a “fully functionally adult”.

If you watch her video of her sister cleaning out her closet she talks about spending thousands on a jacket that she never wore— I’m guessing she is dumb as fuck with her money. Sorry honey, you can’t keep blaming society for your shitty spending habits. Don’t fucking pay thousands for CLOTHES! She did it with those ugly ass sex in the city shoes too (which she said hurt her feet so she never wore them lol) but why can’t my 100k ass afford a house? Whaaaaaaa!
I hear ya! I'm honestly riled up after seeing that. I didn't see her video as I don't watch them anymore, but after hearing that I'm like :x Seriously? She is one to talk about shopping in charity shops when nearly all her clothes are designer, that girl needs a wake up call. I think it'll come when her popularity and interest starts to die down and many have little interest in her work anymore. Maybe something she may need to assess her spending, attitude and snobbish behaviour. She is acting like she's rising to J. K. Rowlings status as an author!?

Her problem, is she is surrounded by people constantly praising her, telling her how amazing she is, how incredible she is, on and so on, that her head is exploding and genuinely she is believing that she is something special. I think a good talk to bring her down to Earth again may help....or not.

Post by Guest »

[12g34] wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:09 pm
I was about to mention her recent video. It such a joke for basically every other item to be an expensive designer item, then listen to her saying that she had only worn it once (or in the case of the Burberry coat, never), for her to come on social media a day later and complain. I have NO sympathy for her at all.

I'm livid that she seems to think it's an appropriate time to do some self promo too. What planet does she live on?!?!
She is seriously acting delusional about her own place as an author. I mean, aren't true authors who are really skilled completely down to earth like Stephen King, even George R R Martin and stuff, those guys are so laid back and normal, and yet; their worth millions upon millions. Melanie is being told by those around her that she is a star, amazing, incredible, bestseller, going to be huge, next big thing etc etc. In reality, she's a Youtuber who talks about sex and herself and boasts about her boyfriend too much, while she has a following of mostly young people who buy things by these Youtubers because she's a Youtuber, not because she's an author. BECAUSE SHE IS A YOUTUBER. Once YT stops working for her, watch the numbers go down in terms of those who will buy her books. Most small named authors aren't rich, and I doubt she will write masterpieces that will sell millions of copies worldwide. I could be mistaken but we'll see.

mdm_pompadour
Learner
Learner

Post by mdm_pompadour »

MollyNoodles87 wrote: As @12g34 pointed out with Mel's new Instagram stories, boy is she hitting some nerves here! Firstly, if she's been earning "6" figures for 3 years, lets say a little over 100k over 3 years, and she hasn't saved enough for a deposit for even a normal house of 250-300k? WHAT THE HELL HAS SHE BEEN SPENDING THE MONEY ON??? SHE LIVES AT HOME WITH HER FATHER (Well, now boyfriend). WHAT THE HELL? Surely their finances together would be more than enough to buy a 250-300k house is she's earning over 100k a year? Over 3 years? Please someone help me with this, I live in Ireland, I earn 5 figures a year, and live in a council house which I will eventually put into buy as its so beautiful, with a huge garden. Am I ashamed of that? NO! This is my family home I'm going to be buying, and at half the price of outright buying.

Oh my god, I'm ranting, but she has enraged me so much right now! How dare she feel like she has even the right to be upset about this, earning over 6 figures and their are people living in f***ing tents in fields because they can't afford to live in a house, let alone rent one.

Sorry, but this is so self pretentious and spoiled of her to even say that. I'll be surprised if she doesn't get any flack for this!

Again, if she's been earning over 6 figures for the last 3 years, and living in her father's house all that time, what in god's name has she been spending the rest of it on? Let's say her dad's rent is near 2k, she could have been putting 500-1k towards that a month, so that's 6-12k a year right? Food maybe a 100 a week, 400 a month, so put that all together, 1.5k a month; so we're talking roughly 20k a year....what is she doing with the other 80k plus a year for the last 3 years?

If she saved 70k over 3 years, she'd have 210k by now...think about that, she would easily have enough to BUY a house, let alone a mortgage? Not to mention what her boyfriend is bringing in as a pilot.

I don't know if my math is off, but I'm doing rough estimates here, as I don't think her dad or brother are rich, but all 3 living together would have been quite comfortable in paying rent between them. And the average rent in Skerries where she lives is between 1500-2k a month, just go to Daft.ie and search for it, and you'll see.

The highest price in Skerries right now is 1 Million, the lowest is 285K, and the average is 300K or so. So forgive me, but....she'd have more than enough right? Or is she looking for a 4/5 bedroom 3/4 bathroom house by the sea for her perfect picturesque idealism dream?

Jesus, that riled me up to no end, when their are so many homeless people and people sleeping in hostels, fields in tents.

Phew....calm down now. Maybe she should cut down on her Charlotte Tilbury and high end boutiques and Chanel suits she's buying. Maybe that is where all her money is going.

Honestly, what do you guys think?
Doesn't add up.. unless it's a mansion that she'd like to buy in D4. I though she was also exaggerating with the Dublin rental too. While I don't doubt there are people who pay 2k for a room, the average is around 1k. The whole housing crisis is beyond upsetting. So many people are becoming homeless day by day... and she complains about earning 6 figures and being betrayed by ireland?!? So obnoxious... and sad.

Could it be that she didn't get the mortgage because her job is considered unreliable by the bank? And it's well-known how youtubers can fall from grace from one day too another, losing their subscribers and therefore their income?

Return to “L-O”