FunLizzie
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Michelle Reed

Post by FunLizzie »

Hey,

I searched for a topic about Michelle Reed, didn't find one. I actually really like her, and I was curious on what you think of her :).
English isn't my first language.

OrangeBanana
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Michelle Reed

Post by OrangeBanana »

i think she's genuine and really sweet!!

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

I started watching her when she was a senior at highschool and found her very sweet (perhaps a tad naive). However, ever since she moved to NYC for college I have found her a tad insufferable. She produces the same content on her main channel constantly (some variation of what to do at college / what a college student does) and I feel like she is constantly talking about her boyfriend

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

I like Michelle as well. She is very grounded as a person and clearly knows what she wants which is nice compared to some of her peers whose channels are complete trainwrecks. she clearly puts a decent amount of thought into her videos. her editing style is unique compared to most. I disagree with whoever said she constantly talks about her boyfriend? she literally makes an effort to make sure aiden isn't in her vlogs and shes never even done a boyfriend tag. She actually has friends and also isnt totally obsessed with him like for example, gretchen geraghty, who shoves the camera in her boyfriends face every single day and has become truly insufferable to watch. That being said I think her excessive references to christianity and god are annoying. i know shes from texas but im from long island (an hour from where michelle lives) and new york is just simply not minded that way. it comes off as a bit odd.

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by foreverkaikhaod »

I also think it’s strange how she chooses to be in nyc because it seems like she still continues to live the same sheltered life she was living in TX

rosey515
Learner
Learner

Post by rosey515 »

I feel like she her videos are becoming very repetitive, and she always complains about her anxiety and insomnia. She really doesn't show that much footage of the outside- mostly talks in her apartment. Also, isn't she is a Christian? Her brother had a baby (baby Charlotte) before they are married and apparently they are getting married in May.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Yep she is a Christian. I was a bit surprised about that too

I think Michelle has quite an unrealistic sense of what it means to be in a relationship where you aren't waiting for marriage. Just because you aren't waiting doesn't mean you don't have the same opportunity to build and grow your relationship. And in her last Q&A, the question about being single. Single does not equate to drinking in bars or hooking up with people. And also the comment that divorce rate is higher for couples who live together first is just an idiotic "statistic".

rosey515
Learner
Learner

Post by rosey515 »

I swear Michelle's video are not complete without saying the sentence, "my boyfriend Aiden..." SHE SAYS IT IN EVERY SINGLE VIDEO.

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

rosey515 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:19 am
I swear Michelle's video are not complete without saying the sentence, "my boyfriend Aiden..." SHE SAYS IT IN EVERY SINGLE VIDEO.
I can't believe people don't have more to say about her, I find her so grating. Why does she constantly need to mention "my boyfriend Aidan"? What's wrong with just saying Aidan. Also wish she could make it through one video without bringing up Christianity. Cool if that's important to her, but it's borderline preachy.

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

rosey515 wrote:
Yes!! This why I had mentioned she always talks about him. Think its a little strange how she mentions she doesn't want to include him on her videos (which is fine) but then he is so prominent on her Insta. Relationship isn't that private anymore if it's on insta

I really get the feeling she doesn't venture far from her apartment and school. Does she do anything else in NYC?

kdoggy21
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kdoggy21 »

airlocked wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:01 pm
rosey515 wrote:
Yes!! This why I had mentioned she always talks about him. Think its a little strange how she mentions she doesn't want to include him on her videos (which is fine) but then he is so prominent on her Insta. Relationship isn't that private anymore if it's on insta

I really get the feeling she doesn't venture far from her apartment and school. Does she do anything else in NYC?
I recently started watching Elena Taber and her vids make living in NYC look super cool. Not so much with Michelle.

Batila
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Batila »

I feel like her and Natalie Barbu are very similar. They both seem nice but extremely sensitive.

rosey515
Learner
Learner

Post by rosey515 »

She really doesn't do much in NYC besides go to school, and Friday night dates with her "boyfriend Aiden." She honestly has the potential to vlog around NYC, and make great video content, but she doesn't!

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

airlocked wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:24 pm

I think Michelle has quite an unrealistic sense of what it means to be in a relationship where you aren't waiting for marriage. Just because you aren't waiting doesn't mean you don't have the same opportunity to build and grow your relationship. And in her last Q&A, the question about being single. Single does not equate to drinking in bars or hooking up with people. And also the comment that divorce rate is higher for couples who live together first is just an idiotic "statistic".
Her whole speech on people not waiting before marriage was borderline preachy. I think she’s putting way too much emphasis on sex itself.

rosey515
Learner
Learner

Post by rosey515 »

I'm not surprised, she went to California and still wasn't able to vlog there properly. She always talks about what she does but DOESN'T SHOW it.

foreverkaikhaod
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

rosey515 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:54 pm
I'm not surprised, she went to California and still wasn't able to vlog there properly. She always talks about what she does but DOESN'T SHOW it.
I seriously hate vloggers who do this. Brooke Miccio does this too. What’s the point of even vlogging?

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

Was she just trying to promote her "boyfriend Aiden's" blog in her latest video. Lol. He works in the finance industry which means he can create a good budget tracker ... So strange

rosey515
Learner
Learner

Post by rosey515 »

airlocked wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:02 am
Was she just trying to promote her "boyfriend Aiden's" blog in her latest video. Lol. He works in the finance industry which means he can create a good budget tracker ... So strange
And in "boyfriend Aiden's" blog post, he promotes his "girlfriend Michelle." :roll:

youtube_obsessed843
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed843 »

foreverkaikhaod wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:41 pm
airlocked wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:24 pm

Her whole speech on people not waiting before marriage was borderline preachy. I think she’s putting way too much emphasis on sex itself.
I agree, she puts way too much emphasis on Christianity, especially considering the group of vloggers she's apart of meaning Maggie Macdonald, Gretchen Geraghty, Brooke Miccio, Danielle Carolan etc...girls who don't ever mention religion or god or how they took time to pray that morning. I live 40 minutes outside of NYC and people here are not like Michelle. I'm surprised that she chose New York because it literally is a melting pot of religions, cultures, values etc, some of which she definitely doesn't agree with and would never experience in Texas, where the vast majority of people are deeply rooted Christians. I also feel like Michelle puts much more emphasis on the importance of her faith and her devotion to Christianity than King's College advertises. Yes, it's a Christian college but I'm sure they're not telling impressionable young students to go out and preach to everyone they encounter about the importance of being a Christian. New York in general, but especially the city, is very liberal. I think Michelle excessively talks about modesty, saving herself for marriage, saying she's "so blessed" to have this and that, telling us how fun church was that day etc, because of her upbringing.

Anyway, I find Aidan to be rather annoying on Instagram. He's from Massachusetts which also isn't overly religious. I think Aidan probably wasn't as vocal about being a Christian until he met Michelle and realized it was important to her, so he started doing it too. A couple of his captions on Instagram are quite cringeworthy. One calls Michelle a "god fearing sweetheart." It's just a little over the top in my opinion, but I also live somewhere where nobody says that kind of thing. Aidan also posts a disturbing amount of pictures of Michelle. Idk I guess people think it's cute but just not my type.

Also as a side note- did anyone watch the financial video? Michelle isn't even 21 yet. I don't think she's in the position to be giving out financial advice. I'm almost 25 and I still feel like I don't know what I'm doing with my finances, let alone thinking about a retirement fund!!

airlocked
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by airlocked »

From his Insta captions, he tries to sound so intelligent and punny, but it just seems a bit try hard. But then I try to remember he is young after all...

Return to “L-O”