Lavendaire / Aileen Xu

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Lavendaire / Aileen Xu

Post by DaylightAmy »

pictou222 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:40 am
Video posted today re: how to figure out your life. She says one of the reasons why she wanted to be a YouTuber/freelancer is so that she can go to bed + wake up at any time she wants. Reminds me of the challenge she did (earlier this year?) where she tried to wake up early and had a really hard time with it. Is it honestly that hard to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier?? I understand being a night owl but oof.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I CAN'T with YouTubers who try to make a living out of telling people they need to be taught how to set their goddamn alarm clock. I can't. Sorry if this offends anyone but years of having to see "HOW TO BECOME A MORNING PERSON *~*" and "HOW TO WAKE UP AT 5AM^-^" have worn me down :lol:

If you want to get up early, you go to bed on time and/or set your alarm clock.

If you can't go to bed on time, deal with your issues that are stopping you from doing so - if you can't wake up to your alarm, possibly go see a doctor about sleep disorders.

YouTubers who forget what it's like to have to get to work on time or you're fired. Give me a break!
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

sealion7
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sealion7 »

I used to watch her, but stopped because she's always making the same videos over and over. How many times do we really need to see her declutter her stuff... or pack a carry on... or "get her life together" ... or talk about the same ol productivity topics like journalling, goal setting etc.

icantevenwithpeople
Learner
Learner

Post by icantevenwithpeople »

Did she and Wilson break up?

Post by Guest »

icantevenwithpeople wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:27 am
Btw, how isn't this thread at least a dozen pages by now?
Because she's honestly just too boring for us to gossip about LOL

She's almost at a million subs now. Her channel is nothing but aesthetics. She regurgitates common information and frames it in a pretty pastel way. After about five videos, I had already absorbed 99% of the information she talks about on her channel lol.

My god she is D-U-L-L

pictou222
Learner
Learner

Post by pictou222 »

Criiiiinging at her tiktoks

neenerneener90
Stalker
Stalker

Post by neenerneener90 »

Same. TikToks these days are meant to be funny, hers is just..... cringy af I can’t even.

Post by Guest »

I used to be a sub to her but I dislike her

A lot of her content is just here trying to make her life seem "enviable" and how even you can dream the life you want, because we merely choose to work 8 hours a day/ 40 hrs a week, when in reality Aileen's life consists of idilic pictures of sydney australia and trying the yummiest foods

That's not helpful nor realistic

rosewhite
Learner
Learner

Post by rosewhite »

I used to watch her videos a few years ago, but when I started listening to her podcast I got annoyed because she kept talking about how she just /knew/ office jobs were not for her and she was /so/ misunderstood. For some reason, though, I didn't unsubscribe, just stopped watching her videos. And today, this popped upon my feed, so I decided to take a look. And man, did it remind me of everything I dislike about her.

I think my favourite moment is when she says she was so surprised that they invited her to give a TEDx talk because she didn't expect it to happen... /so soon/.

DrowningInMelancholy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrowningInMelancholy »

Just stumbled on this thread. I used to watch her because a friend recommended her to me, but I found her to be one of those fake motivational coaches that make you buy their books instead of giving genuine advice

pardonnemoi
Learner
Learner

Post by pardonnemoi »

I used to watch Aileen way back when she was piggybacking off of Marie Kondo. I'm surprised her channel has lasted this long considering she just repeats the same self-help topics over and over again. And somehow her channel has managed to become even MORE pastel than before. The strange thing is that it is actually tiring and tedious watching her try SO HARD to do self-care. She is getting paid to take care of herself whereas her viewers do not have the time or energy to put SO MUCH time and effort into self-care.

I do have to hand it to her though - she has managed to keep her core product alive for 5 years and did not take the common influencer route of releasing jewelry, clothes, or makeup/skincare. Seems like her product line is easier to manage since she mainly updates her book on a yearly basis.

Return to “L-O”