Jenny Mustard / The Mustards

Forum rules
Please DO NOT Post Content that is Copyrighted! IE: Content from onlyfans (dot) com ...

We get DMCA notices and simply have to remove the content. Apologies...
Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Rosie34567 »

Does anyone watch them? They're Swedish minimalists who used to live in Berlin, but recently moved to London.

peapod
Stalker
Stalker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Jenny Mustard / The Mustards

Post by peapod »

Thanks for making this thread! I watch them sometimes but find them to be super self righteous and hiding their egos behind minimalism. I feel so many of their videos are just telling people how to live.

sealion7
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sealion7 »

I used to watch them when I was getting into minimalism until I figured out that they weren't really minimalists but just maintained that aesthetic.

I listened to one of their podcasts and found them to be really trend-obsessed, superficial, and quite self-centered. Immediately unsubbed and stopped watching.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Agreed. They can only maintain this lifestyle by living in a bubble and only being around people that have the same lifestyle. Plus they're way too codependent on each other. It's unhealthy how OCD they can be about needing to control every little aspect of their lives. They forget how privileged they are, and how they can literally only live this way because of youtube/their "jobs" (which btw...what even is their job lol). Also It really bothers me how Jenny pretends to be this badass woman, when most of the time she acts like this fragile precious little princess :roll:

Also, I get that marriage is not for everyone/you don't need to be married to be committed, but I find it extremely odd that they tell people/lead people on to think they're legally married....when they're not actually married (example: calling themselves the "mustards" and wearing rings)...it's hypocritical, unnecessary and weirdly insecure of them to do that...like either get married or don't, but don't lie about it.

toTheBasementPeople
Informer
Informer

Post by toTheBasementPeople »

she did an ad with volvo 🙄... when she claims to be eco conscious. do they even drive?? also a few weeks back, david was describing what a typical mustard fan looks like which can definitely alienate their poc fans. i get describing your core audience, but honestly, maybe just dont even do it bc its alienating as hell.

they def have the minimalistic aesthetic and to a degree they practice minimalism, but working in the fashion industry as a minimalist is pretty much an oxymoron. ive always found it weird that some minimalism youtubers contribute to consumerism.

maisie12
Learner
Learner

Post by maisie12 »

I used to really like them but had to unsubscribe because their podcast dynamic bugged me. Every time David is telling a story, Jenny is always interrupting him and saying, “Hang on-“ “I think that-“ but meanwhile if David cuts in to Jenny’s saying, she’s all “DON’T INTERRUPT ME DAVID.” I’m not saying I want Jenny to be meek or anything, but she seems to demand the kind of respect she doesn’t extend to him in these situations.

Maybe I’m salty because I really hate being interrupted!

Plus their thumbnails have gotten so clickbaity. They can’t just live their lives; it’s like they’re making hot takes about all their differences and goad people into disagreeing.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

That "How To Dress For Your Body Type" vid was annoying. People can wear what they want, even if it's not "flattering" or whatever. It's hypocritical as well, because she frequently wears bizarre outfits that aren't necessarily flattering. Also, I don't want to hear body type advice from someone who could probably fit into most clothes from any brand that she wants...it's a bit preachy and condescending coming from someone who has clearly never struggled to find clothing that fits.

Plus I don't even think she described her own body correctly! She said she has a "pear shape, long legs, and wide hips"...um where?! Lol sureee Jenny. Also, can we please stop comparing women's bodies to fruit?

Frenchgossiper1997
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Frenchgossiper1997 »

Rosie34567 wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:30 pm
That "How To Dress For Your Body Type" vid was annoying. People can wear what they want, even if it's not "flattering" or whatever. It's hypocritical as well, because she frequently wears bizarre outfits that aren't necessarily flattering. Also, I don't want to hear body type advice from someone who could probably fit into most clothes from any brand that she wants...it's a bit preachy and condescending coming from someone who has clearly never struggled to find clothing that fits.

Plus I don't even think she described her own body correctly! She said she has a "pear shape, long legs, and wide hips"...um where?! Lol sureee Jenny. Also, can we please stop comparing women's bodies to fruit?
That's the first video of hers I watched in a while but I was so shocked at how skinny she is now !! She was already super thin but this video is worrying.

Wizart
Debater
Debater

Post by Wizart »

I've had a couple of instances where the video looked appealing, but then once I started watching it, there wasn't much substance there. I find this especially true for their joint Monday podcasts. As for her vegan food, I've only seen her shown what she eats for breakfast, or the occasional time when they would go out. It makes me think that her afternoon, or dinner meals must be super boring. The way she goes on about broccolli, I just picture her eating steamed broccolli for dinner.
And as someone who could wear almost anything for her figure, the one thing that I find that makes her look bloated and weird are her choice in jeans.

Btw, that shoptagger that she promotes and is sponsored by it total garbage.

Post by Guest »

I get strong vibes that Jenny has problematic behaviour. I can't quite put my finger on it but the occasional video I've watched left me feeling creeped out.

Wizart
Debater
Debater

Post by Wizart »

emmer_mo wrote: ↑ I get strong vibes that Jenny has problematic behaviour. I can't quite put my finger on it but the occasional video I've watched left me feeling creeped out.
What kind of problematic behavior are you thinking of?

Post by Guest »

Wizart wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:36 am
emmer_mo wrote: ↑ I get strong vibes that Jenny has problematic behaviour. I can't quite put my finger on it but the occasional video I've watched left me feeling creeped out.
What kind of problematic behavior are you thinking of?
The way they sound like know-it-alls, the consumption despite claiming to be minimalist.

bambiii
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by bambiii »

I used to watch their videos when I looked into Minimalism but got bored and unsubscribed. this year I stumbled upon them again and even listened to their podcast...from starting to really like them i turned to dislike them.

I think Jenny comes across as a narcissist and her dependence on David seems worrying. Also confusing since she wants to come across as this badass woman. Of course I can understand that they‘re bestfriends and want to be together all the time but it sounds like David constantly has to cater to Jennys needs and has to do things for her all the time for her to feel good.

I also noticed that they are not Minimalist anymore, they‘ve also been splurging on dumb designer clothes recently. Of course is a good quality garment more sustainable than a cheap, bad quality one, but c‘mon they‘re buying designer bathrobes and Gucci logo socks.

Listening to their podcast I also couldn‘t help to notice how uncultured they are. They literally are proud of thr fact that while travelling they only go to landmarks to snap a pic and then leave, they don‘t care about lingering around, taking in the moment, learning about its history or cultural/artistic meaning. Jenny actually makes fun of people who spend time doing this and says she‘d rather spend that time at a cafe...

how ignorant can you be, no wonder they never learned a german word despite living in Berlin for so long. I doub‘t they know anything about London and the history, despite apparently loving it so much (suddenly now that they have the money they LOVE the city, Jenny literally made a video with reasons not to move there)

I don‘t mind David that much since it seems he just adjusts to Jenny most of the time, but he acts like such a Film-Snob, he went to Film-School but his taste in movies is so bad, they just care about whatever is popular atm.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

I think Jenny secretly hates David. She looks mildly disgusted every time David laughs and/or says something in their discussion vids, and she always has the most condescending responses towards him, like she's trying to shut him down. But Jenny won't break up with him because she likes having someone to bully and control (and for convenience). But, on the other hand, David can sometimes be annoyingly oblivious and cheerful while simultaneously mansplaining. Their dynamic is so weird sometimes...

Also lmao at the title "compassion fatigue" :roll:

Post by Guest »

The fashion sense is not for me.

I_find_this_funny
Learner
Learner

Post by I_find_this_funny »

I find her creepy and the kind of person who helds you hostage at a party telling you things you should do.

Wizart
Debater
Debater

Post by Wizart »

Went to check the joint podcast that they do. Still boring and feels like it has no substance. I even made it go at 1.25 speed, because it felt like it took David forever to get a sentence out. Half way through i gave up. I'm really curious what it is that people get out of listening to these two.

dragonslayer456
Lurker
Lurker

Post by dragonslayer456 »

I'm so glad I found this thread-- I also find their dynamic strange, and Jenny annoying. She seems like the kind of person that was a mean girl in school.
Also, she absolutely has an ED...? Their 'what I eat in a day' videos are worrying.

Wizart
Debater
Debater

Post by Wizart »

I'm starting not to buy that when she showed her wardrobe in one of the old videos, that that's all the clothing that she has. She seems to be too much into fashion to have a minimalist wardrobe.

littlefaun
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by littlefaun »

dragonslayer456 wrote: ↑
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:34 am
I'm so glad I found this thread-- I also find their dynamic strange, and Jenny annoying. She seems like the kind of person that was a mean girl in school.
Also, she absolutely has an ED...? Their 'what I eat in a day' videos are worrying.
I agree about their dynamic. Something seems off. I might be in the minority but...I actually like her videos for the most part, but I can totally see why they're not everyone's cup of tea.
I also agree with you on the WIEIAD videos. The way she talks about food is concerning (she talks a lot about how she needs to work really hard to look that way because that is not her body's natural state. It makes me concerned that she isn't eating enough calories. Esp for someone who works out constantly.)

Return to “F-K”