Have you ever done a 180 on a beauty guru thanks to GG?

Have you ever done a 180 on a beauty guru thanks to GG?

Post by Guest »

Personally if I find that a beauty guru or YTer who I watch has a thread on here, I have GOT to know what it says. I'm too curious not to. Sometimes I am shocked by what people choose to nitpick at (I still manage to avoid being *that bitch* who posts in a trash thread "wow you guise are so mean") and sometimes my opinion ends up doing a 180 because I realize y'all had the T all along.

My opinion of Tati definitely went sideways after lurking her threads. A few years ago I thought she was amazeen. Now I can't believe I used to look up to her or value her opinion, and this halo beauty shit brought me back and reminded me how GG showed me the light.

And Kalel, back when she was Anthony's gf, I somehow thought she was totally sincere and just growing up and finding herself. But you guys called it, she was using Anthony for fame and has no personality of her own, always changing herself to suit a new guy.

So has there been anybody whose thread you lurked and somehow ended up hate watching afterwards? Do tell.

winter_
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Have you ever done a 180 on a beauty guru thanks to GG?

Post by winter_ »

If I ever start watching someone new I always come here first to see the general opinion others have and how problematic they are, then I decide from that if I'll continue to watch

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

Oh yes absolutely. I've unsubbed from Jackie Aina, Wayne Goss, and quite a few others.

gnmnc
Learner
Learner

Post by gnmnc »

Jaclyn Hill first, then YWP, and recently HRH

achlys
Talker
Talker

Post by achlys »

This place has ruined beauty gurus for me but I'm glad I know more about them so I don't support them

Alextacy21
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Alextacy21 »

I’ve unsubscribed to Jaclyn because if her constant complaining but that was like 3 years ago. I’m still subscribed to Desi but a part of me wants to unsubscribe and unfollow from all platforms because I don’t know I don’t get the same vibe I used to with her. I actually just asked how she felt personally about tarte and their shade range foundation issue because I know she’s been on several trips because of them.desi and I have the same skin tone and there wasn’t even a shade for me. Some other girl agreed with my question and some of her followers just said they would prefer desi to stay out of it and desi just replied “girl I’ve talked about this on an interview” and then I had said I just wanted to know how she felt and I didn’t mean it to be mean since I know she’s personally put on her social media when it came to Net Neutrality. Then she said “I’ve talked about it if you don’t believe me then fine”. These instagram comments back and forth kind of left a bad vibe from her. I did read the article she talked about (I had to search for it) but she didn’t specifically call out tarte but she just said she wants all brands to be more inclusive. Though I just felt that tarte kind of ignored everyone’s frustration on the foundations and I felt like if desi (fellow Latina because there weren’t any good shades for medium tones people) would’ve said something tarte would’ve at least apologized or not ignored everyone that was upset . I mean it doesn’t matter I guess but speaking to me differently would have made it better for me. So now I’m still deciding to unsubscribe to her but I don’t really watch her videos anymore and her snaps pretty much seem like the same thing unless she’s promoting something.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”