When influencers ask for suggestions from fans

PeachFlavoredFanta
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

When influencers ask for suggestions from fans

Post by PeachFlavoredFanta »

Hi everyone, sorry if this has ever been discussed in detail, but I really dislike when influencers go on Instagram or twitter and ASK their followers for recommendations. They usually ask for really obvious things that they can google themselves, like products for their dry hair or a really popular one is asking for leggings recommendations or athletic wear.
Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 2.54.57 PM.png
The thing is..... YOU'RE THE INFLUENCER....it's literally your one job to stay on top of trends and do research on products to recommend to your followers and subscribers. Another thing that bothers me about it, is that these influencers often receive packages and PR samples of items before they even hit the market, which makes them more knowledgeable than their subscribers about most items. They're at the advantage for knowing about products and whatnot before their followers do.

So if their fingers aren't broken and they can google their own products, why are they doing it? One possibility is that they're hinting for their fans to tag them brands who the brands might then send samples to them. Or they're desperate for engagement so they start making small talk with their fans just so they can have some engagement and that helps in getting followers or getting verified. A lot of the time, I notice the influencer will barely interact with the hundreds of people giving recommendations.

Or if they really just want recommendations then that's a different story but I still find it fishy so many of them do this, like just use google??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

urgirl_h8chick
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Re: When influencers ask for suggestions from fans

Post by urgirl_h8chick »

I mean everyone asks for recommendation online, which is way reviews are so helpful. But you are still right that so many of them do it to make their post more trendy. It does bothers me as well. Especially when they ask but never reply or any sort of to indicate that they were honestly asking.

Le Ciel
Wallflower
Wallflower
Been thanked: 0

Re: When influencers ask for suggestions from fans

Post by Le Ciel »

I don't have a problem if beauty gurus ask people for an input, what's wrong in asking people for their own opinion? It's like being in a group and we all exchange ideas :)

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”