How to get a password for a locked forum...

an0a
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to get a password for a locked forum...

Post by an0a » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:15 am

I'm interested in hearing whether there is a list of password-protected threads? Some were named in the first post of this thread, but are there others?

edit: replaced "forums" with "threads" since that is accurate.

kxtasha118
Stalker
Stalker

Post by kxtasha118 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:11 am

following

PocketRioja
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by PocketRioja » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:18 pm

Well, need to get my two posts first, I guess

Iwantthetea
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Iwantthetea » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:37 pm

Long time lurker.....i really dont like this new policy. but goddamn it I need my gossip. you got me to speak.

akilar14
Learner
Learner

Post by akilar14 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:19 pm

I would like the password i've bern on GG for a while. i dont post alot but im on alot at work...cant sign in tho work lan disabled access

Gurujunk
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Gurujunk » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:46 am

Didn't know posting/reading gossip could potentially be so dangerous!

stfu_no1carezz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by stfu_no1carezz » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:19 pm

i think the privacy is a good thing

gagandboreme
Stalker
Stalker

Post by gagandboreme » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:33 pm

Thanks!

inkedgirl20
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by inkedgirl20 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:42 am

karlyne42 wrote:So there's no way to contribute to those threads unless you've been here for ages?
I hope I can get there..

sarahleya86
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sarahleya86 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:09 am

Thanks for the Info! :D

CynicalSam7
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CynicalSam7 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:17 pm

Darnit was hoping a long time lurker could get access to the private forum but registering finally. It is a good method to get more members :tu:

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:29 pm

I don't get the need for locked forums? Like if you're not doing anything you're not suppose too (leaking addresses etc) then what's the need? I don't buy the "harassment" bullshit, unless users are making themselves crazy easy to find i.e using the same handle on here as their instagram or whatever, I don't think fans of moronic youtubers come across as hackers who would be able to find your personal info or anything that puts you in danger through your account on here....

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:06 am

kkens wrote:I don't get the need for locked forums? Like if you're not doing anything you're not suppose too (leaking addresses etc) then what's the need? I don't buy the "harassment" bullshit, unless users are making themselves crazy easy to find i.e using the same handle on here as their instagram or whatever, I don't think fans of moronic youtubers come across as hackers who would be able to find your personal info or anything that puts you in danger through your account on here....
Well then don't believe it. :tu: but it has happened to users in the Jaclyn Hill threads, and I am sure it has happened enough to people in the other PPT.

And the same rules apply to ALL threads. So no, people aren't using PPT to leak addresses as you are suggesting!

And why are people using this thread to "make ther two posts" There are threads for that, title hello and intro thread.

And to the person that posted you want the password you don't post a lot.... Did you readthe very first post in this thread? That says do not postasking for the password PM the mods! If you don't contribute to a thread (by posting) then why would you even want access to a PPT??

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:11 am

inkedgirl20 wrote:
karlyne42 wrote:So there's no way to contribute to those threads unless you've been here for ages?
I hope I can get there..
Where do you hope you can get?

If you are looking for a thread I can help you find it. They are all indexed though and there is a search button.

Tina Belcher
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tina Belcher » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:39 am

luchadora0112 wrote:
kkens wrote:I don't get the need for locked forums? Like if you're not doing anything you're not suppose too (leaking addresses etc) then what's the need? I don't buy the "harassment" bullshit, unless users are making themselves crazy easy to find i.e using the same handle on here as their instagram or whatever, I don't think fans of moronic youtubers come across as hackers who would be able to find your personal info or anything that puts you in danger through your account on here....
Well then don't believe it. :tu: but it has happened to users in the Jaclyn Hill threads, and I am sure it has happened enough to people in the other PPT.

And the same rules apply to ALL threads. So no, people aren't using PPT to leak addresses as you are suggesting!

And why are people using this thread to "make ther two posts" There are threads for that, title hello and intro thread.

And to the person that posted you want the password you don't post a lot.... Did you readthe very first post in this thread? That says do not postasking for the password PM the mods! If you don't contribute to a thread (by posting) then why would you even want access to a PPT??
She's exactly right. I've seen people get their shit totally destroyed by stans. So, for our safety, we made the PPT to freely share things we wouldn't feel comfortable posting in the public threads. If you choose not to believe that, that's your prerogative. But it's honestly all for our own protection.

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:48 am

Tina Belcher wrote:
luchadora0112 wrote:

She's exactly right. I've seen people get their shit totally destroyed by stans. So, for our safety, we made the PPT to freely share things we wouldn't feel comfortable posting in the public threads. If you choose not to believe that, that's your prerogative. But it's honestly all for our own protection.
I don't even want on that forum as I don't even know that youtuber, but I have seen users on here trying desperately hard to find addresses etc of youtubers (PiinkSparkles thread is bad for this) I'm all for bitching about them and speculating but I just think it's creepy/weird to try so hard to track down info that has nothing to do with their shit on youtube.

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:48 am

Tina Belcher wrote:
luchadora0112 wrote:

I don't even want on that forum as I don't even know that youtuber, but I have seen users on here trying desperately hard to find addresses etc of youtubers (PiinkSparkles thread is bad for this) I'm all for bitching about them and speculating but I just think it's creepy/weird to try so hard to track down info that has nothing to do with their shit on youtube.

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:54 am

Tina Belcher wrote:
luchadora0112 wrote:

luchadora0112
Sassy Moddie
Sassy Moddie

Post by luchadora0112 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Yeah well, no one in Jac's PPT posts anything with her address. No one cares :rofl:

I guess I don't understand your post. You originally accused posters in PPT as breaking rules. Said our reasoning is bullshit. So myself and another poster explain shit has indeed happened.

Then your reply is you don't even want on the forum or know the youtuber :rofl:

Like I said, the PPT are subject to the same rules as the main threads. And if it was warranted I know CHB would censor and warn of rule breaking. But since the PPT is composed of vet users, based on the requirements outlined in the first post on this thread, all the users know not to do shit like that and frankly have no interest.

HeyMama
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HeyMama » Sun May 01, 2016 9:42 am

Good gravy! On the very first page it specifically states how to get the password. Go to a mod for the password and/or questions regarding a PPT. Don't clog up the public threads asking for the password or complaining about it. Not only are you going OT and risk being reprimanded, it is irritating having to call a mod in to edit posts and explain this stuff over and over again. Read the rules. When in doubt, go to a mod.

Also, if you're complaining about having to register in order to lurk then there is no need to have access to any PPT. If you aren't contributing and don't want to, that's fine. But the PPT's are a privilege, not a right. Feel free to contribute to the main threads and see if you even plan to stay here. Throwing out accusations and being disrespectful is really unnecessary. The PPT's are a place where everyone keeps the conversation moving, they're kind and respectful.

If it isn't that big of a deal then stop worrying about it. Instead of throwing a fit and suggesting people are posting private things, take a moment to consider members are discussing something else. Honestly, for all you know they're sharing recipes.
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

mellbell220011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mellbell220011 » Sun May 01, 2016 3:45 pm

Can I please have the password ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilyria
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ilyria » Sun May 01, 2016 4:06 pm

mellbell220011 wrote:Can I please have the password ?

Read the rules. Seriously they are on the first page for christs sake.

ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by ColdHeartedBitch » Mon May 02, 2016 9:47 am

Nothing is going on in the PPTs that is against the rules, there is no leaking of addresses, there is no leaking of phone numbers. There is a big need for the PPTs and you can believe the harassment or not. That is entirely up to you, the fact is that the fans of the Youtubers are rabid and they have harassed many of our members. Since you're so against the idea of a password protected thread, we will make sure you're never given access, lest you be labeled a hypocrite. :tu:
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

ColdHeartedBitch
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by ColdHeartedBitch » Mon May 02, 2016 10:05 am

mellbell220011 wrote:Can I please have the password ?

No you may not. Please read the rules concerning the password protected threads
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Chexmix
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Chexmix » Fri May 13, 2016 12:19 am

Oh cool

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”