How to get a password for a locked forum...

Gurujunk
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to get a password for a locked forum...

Post by Gurujunk »

Didn't know posting/reading gossip could potentially be so dangerous!

stfu_no1carezz
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by stfu_no1carezz »

i think the privacy is a good thing

gagandboreme
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gagandboreme »

Thanks!

inkedgirl20
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by inkedgirl20 »

karlyne42 wrote:So there's no way to contribute to those threads unless you've been here for ages?
I hope I can get there..

sarahleya86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sarahleya86 »

Thanks for the Info! :D

CynicalSam7
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by CynicalSam7 »

Darnit was hoping a long time lurker could get access to the private forum but registering finally. It is a good method to get more members :tu:

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens »

I don't get the need for locked forums? Like if you're not doing anything you're not suppose too (leaking addresses etc) then what's the need? I don't buy the "harassment" bullshit, unless users are making themselves crazy easy to find i.e using the same handle on here as their instagram or whatever, I don't think fans of moronic youtubers come across as hackers who would be able to find your personal info or anything that puts you in danger through your account on here....

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

kkens wrote:I don't get the need for locked forums? Like if you're not doing anything you're not suppose too (leaking addresses etc) then what's the need? I don't buy the "harassment" bullshit, unless users are making themselves crazy easy to find i.e using the same handle on here as their instagram or whatever, I don't think fans of moronic youtubers come across as hackers who would be able to find your personal info or anything that puts you in danger through your account on here....
Well then don't believe it. :tu: but it has happened to users in the Jaclyn Hill threads, and I am sure it has happened enough to people in the other PPT.

And the same rules apply to ALL threads. So no, people aren't using PPT to leak addresses as you are suggesting!

And why are people using this thread to "make ther two posts" There are threads for that, title hello and intro thread.

And to the person that posted you want the password you don't post a lot.... Did you readthe very first post in this thread? That says do not postasking for the password PM the mods! If you don't contribute to a thread (by posting) then why would you even want access to a PPT??

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

inkedgirl20 wrote:
karlyne42 wrote:So there's no way to contribute to those threads unless you've been here for ages?
I hope I can get there..
Where do you hope you can get?

If you are looking for a thread I can help you find it. They are all indexed though and there is a search button.

Tina Belcher
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tina Belcher »

luchadora0112 wrote:
kkens wrote:I don't get the need for locked forums? Like if you're not doing anything you're not suppose too (leaking addresses etc) then what's the need? I don't buy the "harassment" bullshit, unless users are making themselves crazy easy to find i.e using the same handle on here as their instagram or whatever, I don't think fans of moronic youtubers come across as hackers who would be able to find your personal info or anything that puts you in danger through your account on here....
Well then don't believe it. :tu: but it has happened to users in the Jaclyn Hill threads, and I am sure it has happened enough to people in the other PPT.

And the same rules apply to ALL threads. So no, people aren't using PPT to leak addresses as you are suggesting!

And why are people using this thread to "make ther two posts" There are threads for that, title hello and intro thread.

And to the person that posted you want the password you don't post a lot.... Did you readthe very first post in this thread? That says do not postasking for the password PM the mods! If you don't contribute to a thread (by posting) then why would you even want access to a PPT??
She's exactly right. I've seen people get their shit totally destroyed by stans. So, for our safety, we made the PPT to freely share things we wouldn't feel comfortable posting in the public threads. If you choose not to believe that, that's your prerogative. But it's honestly all for our own protection.

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens »

Tina Belcher wrote:
luchadora0112 wrote:

She's exactly right. I've seen people get their shit totally destroyed by stans. So, for our safety, we made the PPT to freely share things we wouldn't feel comfortable posting in the public threads. If you choose not to believe that, that's your prerogative. But it's honestly all for our own protection.
I don't even want on that forum as I don't even know that youtuber, but I have seen users on here trying desperately hard to find addresses etc of youtubers (PiinkSparkles thread is bad for this) I'm all for bitching about them and speculating but I just think it's creepy/weird to try so hard to track down info that has nothing to do with their shit on youtube.

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens »

Tina Belcher wrote:
luchadora0112 wrote:

I don't even want on that forum as I don't even know that youtuber, but I have seen users on here trying desperately hard to find addresses etc of youtubers (PiinkSparkles thread is bad for this) I'm all for bitching about them and speculating but I just think it's creepy/weird to try so hard to track down info that has nothing to do with their shit on youtube.

kkens
Learner
Learner

Post by kkens »

Tina Belcher wrote:
luchadora0112 wrote:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Yeah well, no one in Jac's PPT posts anything with her address. No one cares :rofl:

I guess I don't understand your post. You originally accused posters in PPT as breaking rules. Said our reasoning is bullshit. So myself and another poster explain shit has indeed happened.

Then your reply is you don't even want on the forum or know the youtuber :rofl:

Like I said, the PPT are subject to the same rules as the main threads. And if it was warranted I know CHB would censor and warn of rule breaking. But since the PPT is composed of vet users, based on the requirements outlined in the first post on this thread, all the users know not to do shit like that and frankly have no interest.

HeyMama
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by HeyMama »

Good gravy! On the very first page it specifically states how to get the password. Go to a mod for the password and/or questions regarding a PPT. Don't clog up the public threads asking for the password or complaining about it. Not only are you going OT and risk being reprimanded, it is irritating having to call a mod in to edit posts and explain this stuff over and over again. Read the rules. When in doubt, go to a mod.

Also, if you're complaining about having to register in order to lurk then there is no need to have access to any PPT. If you aren't contributing and don't want to, that's fine. But the PPT's are a privilege, not a right. Feel free to contribute to the main threads and see if you even plan to stay here. Throwing out accusations and being disrespectful is really unnecessary. The PPT's are a place where everyone keeps the conversation moving, they're kind and respectful.

If it isn't that big of a deal then stop worrying about it. Instead of throwing a fit and suggesting people are posting private things, take a moment to consider members are discussing something else. Honestly, for all you know they're sharing recipes.
I do not use TT. Please message me through the GG website.

mellbell220011
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by mellbell220011 »

Can I please have the password ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

mellbell220011 wrote:Can I please have the password ?

Read the rules. Seriously they are on the first page for christs sake.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Nothing is going on in the PPTs that is against the rules, there is no leaking of addresses, there is no leaking of phone numbers. There is a big need for the PPTs and you can believe the harassment or not. That is entirely up to you, the fact is that the fans of the Youtubers are rabid and they have harassed many of our members. Since you're so against the idea of a password protected thread, we will make sure you're never given access, lest you be labeled a hypocrite. :tu:
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

mellbell220011 wrote:Can I please have the password ?

No you may not. Please read the rules concerning the password protected threads
Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Chexmix
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Chexmix »

Oh cool

Hailey_x
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Hailey_x »

Are you serious? Why does this place need password protected forums? You're taking yourselves way too seriously.
This is a GOSSIP forum about girls who do MAKEUP on youtube. Nothing that is said here is that important or secretive it has to be protected by password. This place is for fun, reading here is a way to distract yourself from your everyday life/problems, etc.
It feels like the people with the "power" to put passwords on things and grant others permission to access certain areas have the need to feel important. People can get really gross when they feel they have power. It says something about how they are in their real life.
Just gross. What's the point? "So that the minions can't see" is a lame, unacceptable excuse, and you know it. This could discourage people from reading here, not encourage them to sign up. This is ridiculous.

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Hailey_x wrote:Are you serious? Why does this place need password protected forums? You're taking yourselves way too seriously.
This is a GOSSIP forum about girls who do MAKEUP on youtube. Nothing that is said here is that important or secretive it has to be protected by password. This place is for fun, reading here is a way to distract yourself from your everyday life/problems, etc.
It feels like the people with the "power" to put passwords on things and grant others permission to access certain areas have the need to feel important. People can get really gross when they feel they have power. It says something about how they are in their real life.
Just gross. What's the point? "So that the minions can't see" is a lame, unacceptable excuse, and you know it. This could discourage people from reading here, not encourage them to sign up. This is ridiculous.

Says the lurker that only has 6 posts... 2 of which are defending the youtuber, and breaking forum rules by telling people what they can and cannot gossip about!

Who are you to attack other users and mods?!? That kind of behavior is what deters people from signing up and contributing, not PPT.

The whole having to have an account to read, has done a great job at increasing membership. So a couple PPT aren't going to scare anyone off :rofl:

luchadora0112
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by luchadora0112 »

Hailey_x wrote: This is a GOSSIP forum about girls who do MAKEUP on youtube. Nothing that is said here is that important or secretive it has to be protected by password.
This forum isn't limited to females or beauty gurus. It has gossip about boys, girls, men, and women! They don't all just do makeup on youtube. Defrauding people and breaking the law IS serious. So is rape. These gurus and yt personalities don't just make silly mistakes. Some endanger the wellfare of children, promote discrimination, racism, and bullying. Others make careers out of lying, cheating, and stealing.

Also, there are rave threads, and off topic threads. You seem to have a limited view and appreciation for this website.

Yeah gossip is fun, but some things are more serious. And being able to post anonymously and safely is also important. If you read this entire thread you would know that instead of just thinking it is to keep out minions. :roll:

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz »

I also do not understand the point of PPT...im a VETERAN of the SITE as a whole even Way back to the old site...i think its ridiculous that there are forums on this site that any regular user can not access. I'm here every day but that doesn't mean i camp out on one or two threads only...which I guess disqualifies me from "being cool".

In most threads im in I have not seen other posters being or mention being harassed by said ytr or minions..i mean I guess if you post all over their SM like twitter, yt comments, etc looking for a ruse then you might have a squabble...but me, like a lot of others just post on what we SEE and our opinions of it (that is not an accepted opinion on their SM) which was the original intention of this site...not go to their SM post some shit you know will get someone riled up and bring the screenshot back here to have a laugh and then everyone currently on the board run over to partake in the jerry springer squabble with one of their 10 yt accounts..(which a ton of ppl do in these areas where there are so many extra unspoken rules)

Like others have asked..what is so secret that can not be shared in the regular threads if it doesn't go against the rules and can otherwise just be posted in the regular thread? And WHY are there so many restrictions on who can see the shit? I mean to me, its utterly pointless to have a secret board if all you're doing is talking about how ugly someone's hair is or how much of a contradiction they are if its not getting out of line.

For example I HATE the Jaclyn hill thread I ONLY go in there if I really have something I want to say or TRY to get the scoop on her vids without watching them (totally impossible btw, no one does recaps or screengrabs) everytime I've been in there its always ppl bitching ppl out about what they post, if they're not posting about the same exact topic the "clique" of the board is on, if you respond to someone's post with a differing opinion, if you try to relate at all, if your post is too long, etc not much to do with Jaclyn actually. A bunch of tattletales, whining, rude ppl, and bitching...reminds of high school tbh.

Damn...ive been wanting to rant about this PPT shit since I seen it come about..here it is..

ilyria
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ilyria »

Its not about being cool enough. Nor is it about posting on the YTers social media looking for a ruse or to rile them up only. You could just post on one of these YTers vids that you like a different color eyeliner and be personally attacked and tracked down and harassed. So the point of the PPTs is to be able to share screen names and screen shots to try to prevent that backlash. It actually also helps people from needing 400 accounts cause these YTers regularly also go here and block anyone they see posting their screen names all the time. This way they dont know someone is automatically from here. If you dont like it then you dont have to participate. Its that easy. But trying to pretend like they solely exist to break rules elsewhere or to make other people feel less than is just silly. I get it's natural to speculate what goes on but it's been stated several times what goes on and why so either accept it or get over it. If its not for you and you dont see the point why get upset over its very existence? Not every place here is going to be for every single person. I dont go into several threads cause they arent my cup of tea, I dont feel the need to rant about them though.

As far as the Jacass specific thread people do recaps of all her vids and sometimes I see several of just one vid posted but whatever. Theres tons of pics as well. Yeah people go off topic there and get called on it and the MOD steps in as they should to keep stuff on track. Its a busy thread and you cant control everyone so of course differing opinions are gonna happen. I dont see the big deal. Ive been there and loyal to that thread for months and there is no clique. Its as simple as follow the rules and youre welcome to post. Yes there are some bad apples and they are handled by the MOD but that happens anywhere on the internet.

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”