"Gurus" with no makeup skills?

chxlsea
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re:

Post by chxlsea »

niomi smart!! i know she doesn't claim to be good at makeup or whatever but her makeup videos actually make me cringe :?

PhilLester
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re:

Post by PhilLester »

Lauren Curtis - dat mascara :?

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Re:

Post by bunnybutt420 »

Grav3yard girl.. yuck

she always wears some orangey coloured muck on her face, can barely blend.. and even doesn't take off her make up before bed, you can see evidence of this in close up IG posts where she clearly put new make up on top of old make up :?

xxhobo
Informer
Informer

Re:

Post by xxhobo »

PhilLester wrote:Lauren Curtis - dat mascara :?
Hahahah omg, also the one who spends 20 minutes on foundation alone, right? I remember when she did a collab with 2 aussie girls (my mind is blank right now, one of them was Chloe, forget the other one), and they did the 5 minute makeup challenge. This girl literally painted her face with foundation for 5 minutes, didn't come close to finishing.

I don't get it, I thought the 5 minutes was to actually create a finished look in 5 minutes, not condense your 1 hour regime into 5 mins. It's a great challenge to watch to see how logic fails some of the biggest 'gurus'. :rofl:

jinny_bee
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re:

Post by jinny_bee »

Good makeup :D

รู้ลึก รู้จริงเรื่อง วิเคราะห์แม่น เรื่องฟุตบอลที่นี่ที่เดียว วิเคราะห์บอล

twirlytwirl
Stalker
Stalker

Re:

Post by twirlytwirl »

Holly from hollysbeautybox.co.uk - seriously. Her videos make me want to tear my eyes out and her blog posts are overly repetitive, she acts like she knows about makeup when she describes things as "sort of fruity with a zesty twist if you get me?" what a pro!

tired_of_bs
Naughty
Naughty

Re:

Post by tired_of_bs »

xxhobo wrote:
tired_of_bs wrote:Jaclyn Hill, Manny MUA, Patrick Starr, Gossmakeupartist, Amelia Lana, Essiebutton, Vivianadoesmakeup
Really, what's wrong with goss (Wayne)? I have actually picked up pretty good advice from him. Uh oh. :roll:
I don't get how any of his videos are relevant, I've seen a couple between 2014-15, so I don't know if he was good before that.
-In one he'll trash a product (say primer) & in the next one he'll say he's found the best primer ever. Umm, an actual MUA will know that humid places do exist & wearing a primer is your best bet if you don't want to sweat off your makeup. I might be hard for him to comprehend that hot & humid places do exist.
-He's constantly blaming his camera for makeup looking bad whenever he does makeup on others.
-He does a shitty tutorials. Like, wtf is this ? He could have applied as many layers as needed of the Nars concealer (or any other one) & blended it out with the proper tools and used an appropriate setting product, but NO. He's actually encouraging people to cake makeup on.
:D
It doesn't take a genius to know that all his videos are simply click-baity

loulouuu
Talker
Talker

"Gurus" with no makeup skills?

Post by loulouuu »

jenn im - clothesencounters
especially her eyelashes...

DancingApricot
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by DancingApricot »

I'm very surprised no one has said Maybaby.

laceandspikes
Debater
Debater

Re: "Gurus" with no makeup skills?

Post by laceandspikes »

PBBUNNY she's seriously awful it's painful to watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

makeuphorder86
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re:

Post by makeuphorder86 »

Pretty much going to have nightmares about Nicole matthews' eyebrows. :o

Truth is life
Stalker
Stalker

Re:no makeup skills

Post by Truth is life »

No make up skills they don't car about followers that guy manny he doesn't even follo he's first fan page on Instagram but he'll yeah he tweet about having one the first one and the person who made that page keeps posting and supporting him he should at least follow he's first fan page if he really care and love followers as he claims I feel that Jaclyn hill manny Mina they just care about the coins and he's trashy both of them disgusting I'm thinking to ask the mannymuaofficialfanpage why the keep supporting him is clearly that he doesn't give a crap for them

tired_of_bs wrote:Jaclyn Hill, Manny MUA, Patrick Starr, Gossmakeupartist, Amelia Lana, Essiebutton, Vivianadoesmakeup

WhackyJackie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re:

Post by WhackyJackie »

Zoella , Jaclyn Hill ( even though she is considered an MUA I learnt nothing new form her) , Grav3yardGirl , Chrisspy ( I'm sorry I just don't like that really long exaggerated wing)

GeraldtheGiraffe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re:

Post by GeraldtheGiraffe »

I'm surprised no one mentioned MarissaLace, or Sarahbelle93x, or StrawberryElectric48 (Kristen Vetter).

sparkles180
Learner
Learner

Re:

Post by sparkles180 »

not a fan of michelle phan

PiinkCritic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re:

Post by PiinkCritic »

Realpiinksparkles... globbed on mascara paired with super orange or yellow foundation caked on her pink undertones skin. I live in her town. The MAC girls laugh at her, she comes round the local counter all the time and only occasionally springs for a "lippie" and it's usually a shit colour for her. She smears it on from the tube onto her crusty, chapped lips. Girl owns not a single brush, just uses the crap brushes that are included in her ancient palattes that she hit pan on long ago. Like how can you keep posting all these looks but always using the same palattes? On that note, she also creeps around the local Sephora and asks the staff to make samples of product... she rarely buys and when she does its for a "haul" and mostly perfume. She then uses the samples in her vids and insinuates she bought the item. This chick cannot get it right.
Someone needs to give dis bitch a makeover.

GobbyHermit
Informer
Informer

Re:

Post by GobbyHermit »

Wayne Goss is alright for snippets of info and advice.
Grav3yardgirl admits she knows shit all about make up (then again I haven't seen her videos in a long time.)

Bubzbeauty is shite but thinks she's an expert.
Piinksparkles always has catbum lips.

Then there’s Zoella, Gabby, Tanya, Michelle, Wengie….etc so almost all of them have no idea what they're talking about.

GuruGoddess
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re:

Post by GuruGoddess »

Can we take a second to look at Grav3yardgirl's latest Jack-o-Lantern tutorial. It looks horrible... In the video title picture she filtered it to look really glam, but looking at the actual tutorial.... Wow. The mouth looks especially horrible:

lookanothergossiper
Learner
Learner

Re:

Post by lookanothergossiper »

How is Zoella considered a beauty guru when all her videos are tags and hauls? wtf

runningon
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re:

Post by runningon »

Anna Saccone and Samantha Schuerman

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”