annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: annoying things gurus do / annoying behaviors

Post by lip »

Daily vloggers:
Preview "highlights" spoilers placed infront of the very same video. Followed by a useless repetitive intro. Followed by begging for a thumbs up before I even have seen the video. Followed by begging for a subscription... Cold start your video or FO!

Types_of_blackwomen
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: annoying things gurus do

Post by Types_of_blackwomen »

Elena wrote:Trying to make the "name" of a product focus on camera! It pisses me off SO much! I mean, show us the overall packaging, read the name of the product/shade outloud and then list it in the description box!!

Does anyone agree? I mean, you're talking about a lipstick called "unicorn".....do i really need to stand there for 20 seconds while you try to get the tiiiiiiny sticker at the bottom of the lipstick to focus? (with your palm behind it of course) and say "come on....focus.....come on......come on.....there we go!....i hope you can see" .
Am i the only one who thinks this is useless and annoying?

d fairly honest ones try to at least make an effort to show that the product name mentioned goes with the actual name on the very product.But the majority of the yters call high-end names over cheap products and seem to get away with it.lol

Types_of_blackwomen
Learner
Learner

I so much hate it when they come on their own gossip threads ..ugh

Types_of_blackwomen
Learner
Learner

Layla0606 wrote:oh and they have beyond hideous pronounciations of luxury brands, I mean they're pretentious enough to buy expensive shit but they cant even pronounce it, they only know that the kartrashians have that exact item so it's obviously hashtag goooaaalz
I've heard giiiiorgiiiio armani for exp.. the i is barely there in italian pronounciation

loooool.laffing my assout

catlady3
Debater
Debater

Post by catlady3 »

Types_of_blackwomen wrote:I so much hate it when they come on their own gossip threads ..ugh
Oooh any recently? I need more to laugh at/talk smack about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soulfiregirl
Learner
Learner

Post by Soulfiregirl »

I hate that they all say, "really, really" and "I feel like", on every single product they have. "It's really, really, buttery. It's really, really, pretty. I feel like this lipstick will transfer. I feel like this product won't blend. etc...etc.... :roll:

Types_of_blackwomen
Learner
Learner

catlady3 wrote:
Types_of_blackwomen wrote:I so much hate it when they come on their own gossip threads ..ugh
Oooh any recently? I need more to laugh at/talk smack about.

Yes lol all the beauty guru threads I have been on always have the usernames on there scolding a certain user and making identifications that it is the actual beauty guru coming to praise herself and condemn the truths written about her.beauty guru gossip threads are like hell.lol

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by hellyeah »

6sideting wrote:When they go on rants about youtube or how "youtube is a real job". Bitch learn some work ethic and actually put effort into your channel and don't you dare compare your easy life to regular people breaking their backs at work everyday for not even a quarter of the earnings you get from doing nothing but making half assed videos once a month, vlogging getting your starbucks and nails done, and flopping on commitments and schedules you've made for your channel.

Agreed. A few have complained about the changes YT made regarding ads and how they didn’t want to go get another job. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... welcome to the real world bitches. My husband has a full time job and a part time job. I don’t get all expense paid trips, free products, free clothes, etc from my employer.

I hate:
1) when they claim they haven’t changed and they are still use same person they were 4 years ago. Nope. Money changed you. Just own it.
2) they say that they’d NEVER do a sponsorship unless they really like the product. Yeah okay. Save your lies for the gullible.
3) they constantly say how tired they are but their day starts at 10AM.
4) they get to go on a free trip but bitch about having to be at the airport early. I feel like- just be grateful for the opportunity and stop with the first world problems. I know some people just aren’t morning people but how can you be mad about a FREE trip. You can sleep during the flight most likely.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

- "We had a productive meeting" = "We had coffee and cookies, whilst snarking and moaning about other youtubers. What we are calling "work" is a work break to a regular worker".

- "Mail us intros and outros" = "Provide the content so we can easily reach the 10min vlog lenght whilst filming less".

- "Send us letters" = "Don't send us letters, send us parcels with gifts and freebies."

- "Not sponsored" = "Send us free stuff, dammit!"

- "I look like a mess, no makeup yet, blabla..." - "I'm fishing for compliments. Comment down below about how much of a natural beauty I am."

Types_of_blackwomen
Learner
Learner

I hate it when YouTubers do not support the successful ones who are recognised

Types_of_blackwomen
Learner
Learner

And another case when I wanted to make enquires about the YouTubers in this video here

Then those 4 gg users suspected to be YouTubers started attacking me

Their gg usernames are evil- robot,monki,cherryblossom, bitchesbelike
They all call people on Gg trolls too just like YouTubers them do.

Lol easy catch how can we all be on here and you don't call yourself a troll too but you call others.so we are trolls but you are at the receiving end???

I will expose them next time.full coverage .loool

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

If you do a haul video:

1. Wear the damn clothes instead of just holding them infront of the lens for a second you lazy bint.
2. Do not show clothes that don't fit you. Send them back, and wait with the video until you got them in the right size. Then make the video.
3. Make notes from where the individual pieces are. Struggling to remember the brand or label makes you look stupid. And lazy. Again.

I always mouse-scroll first with the little preview window. If I don't see you actually wearing the clothes I don't bother with the video, I just give you a thumbs down and then I watch something else. Simple.

coderedjulia
Talker
Talker

Post by coderedjulia »

Baby obsessed youtubers. And I don’t mean youtubers who are parents. The ones who have no kids but mention wanting babies in every other video. It gets very annoying. I do watch youtubers with kids but they aren’t obsessive over it.

Justalkin
Informer
Informer

Post by Justalkin »

What I find annoying is the trend of beauty gurus trying to find quirky ways of doing their makeup just for views e.g. "Doing My Makeup in a hot air balloon" or "Doing my makeup Upside Down." It's so annoying.

shinydiscoballs
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by shinydiscoballs »

Love this thread :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

sola
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sola »

I want to fucking scream every time I hear a guru use gendered pronouns for beauty products. "Ooh, she is gorgeous!" while holding up a lipstick, or "I like her, but I don't love her" about a perfume.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

Looking into the display/vewfinder instead of the lens.

Tttttrassh
Informer
Informer

Post by Tttttrassh »

Sudden cuts into the main video from later. “Hi, editing (youtuber name) here!” I find this unbearably tedious. Just insert a slide with text if you feel you’d missed something important. I blame Emma Chamberlain.

lovingyouwasreds
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lovingyouwasreds »

i find the drama most youtubers get into to be so so strange and convoluted and disconnected from reality like ....... these people are on another planet. idek how to explain it without sounding vague and abstract but they are just not normal. they get upset about the most random and weird things that they would never handle the way they would if they were just sally joe that worked at the bank down the street. like it's just so strange and unsettling to fathom and think about especially as i get older and become an adult that's slowly getting closer to their age and become more connected with reality and not isolated on the internet i just think it's so strange. there should be studies done on people who live their whole life and have their careers online and how it affects them. i'm serious.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

• *holds lipstick close to camera*
  • orders camera to "focus!"
  • moans "aww, it's not focussing, why isn't it focussing?"
  • *holds hand behind lipstick*
  • again, "come on, focus!"
  • gives up "eh, anyway, the label says..."

Return to “Beauty Guru General Discussion”