Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anniejaffrey

Post by PetiteFemmeFF »

Taleen0710 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:23 pm
So we were right, her new video is about her boob job.

Do you guys remember she said that she went through a lot in 2020 and that she would talk about it ? I can’t believe it was actually THIS. I don’t want to be mean but I hope she gets that her 2020 struggle just shows who privileged she is.

I mean she literally got implants didn’t like them and got them off. When I saw the comments about how “brave” she was and how you “never never know what people go through” I actually thought she had breast cancer !!!
I'm a bit conflicted honestly. I mean, I thought about getting a boobjob myself, but I was always wary and then I found out about breast illness disease and saw LoniJane's post about getting her implants out and how much scarring tissue they took out so I'm happy I didn't.

Somehow I understand her feeling those foreign objects moving inside her body, like when she said she felt them when she was bending/downward dog. Also, she almost cried, it was probably because she knew she couldnt reach perfection, but still, I felt for her a tiny bit because when you've wanted something for so long and then it doesn't turn out they way you thought it would, it's disappointing. Ok, we're not talking about world peace, but still.

On another note, do you guys think we bullied her into taking them out and making her feel bad because they were huge? I mean, I think she reads us religiously. Hi Annie, please run away from Mo :rofl:

PetiteFemmeFF
Learner
Learner

Post by PetiteFemmeFF »

Also, who is copying who? Skeena or Annie? Same facial expressions, same eyebrows, same poses, same neutrals. Same botox/hyaluronic acid. Also, Skeena's white wedding was supposed to be in June 2020 in Spain -shocked-

Geisha
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Geisha »

I am really positively surprised about the new video. She seemed really honest. I started to dislike Annie because she seemed so dishonest. I agree I think it is stupid to get your boobs done when most celebrities talk about taking them out but then again if it was such a big insecurity and she tried to fix it... Whatever

She even said in the video that she was trying to hide them and I totally got this vibe from her.
Someone I know recently died from cancer but I can see how something so stupid as a boob job can still affect someone.

Some people here complain that she didn't talk about her boob job and when she does.. They complain that other people have it worse...or how privileged she is.

There will always be someone who is going through so much worse.. Surpressing sadness only leads to trauma.

Unlike her usual viewer comments like "you are so inspiring" or "looks amazing".. People actually wrote paragraphs about the topic. I think she won new credibility when opening up. Glad she did it.

sunlight1900
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sunlight1900 »

I‘m positively surprised and didn’t expect her at all to talk about explant. I really thought it will be about her defending plastic surgery and even promoting the doctor tbh.
This is a video of her in a long time that reminds me of old Annie. I think she completely got lost in the superficial world and that‘s why she seemed kinda off the past 2 years. Maybe she is finding back to her roots now. That would be great.

Taleen0710
Learner
Learner

Post by Taleen0710 »

PetiteFemmeFF wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:45 pm
I don't agree with the person who said that they appreciate that Annie went for the poor guy.

I mean, is it better that he is leeching off of her? We all know that she is the one with the money and pays for everything.
I would never want that in my life, supporting a grown man with fake panic attacks. I don't like her, but she can honestly do much better than him.

I honestly feel like she feels trapped, I mean he proposed after 6 months so of course everything was still new and exciting. And then she realized how much he sucks but she has to save face.
That person was me :D I get your point but that was not what I meant.

when they met, Mo wasn’t making millions but he actually HAD a job. I just appreciate the fact that she went for that relationship despite him not being rich.

IMO it must be hard finding guy who can maintain her lifestyle despite having a regular 9 to 5 job and I’m not talking about money. You can’t go for a 2 month trip to LA + several other long trips AND have a regular job. I don’t think their relationship could’ve worked if Mo was still a hairdresser. Actually Annie probably couldn’t be in a relationship with any successfully working man but that’s just my opinion.

That being said I definitely wouldn’t want to be in a relationship where one partner pays for everything . And I agree with you, it feels like she just settled for him because she wants to marry and have kids soon.

PetiteFemmeFF
Learner
Learner

Post by PetiteFemmeFF »

Taleen0710 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:22 am
PetiteFemmeFF wrote:
I don't agree with the person who said that they appreciate that Annie went for the poor guy.

I mean, is it better that he is leeching off of her? We all know that she is the one with the money and pays for everything.
I would never want that in my life, supporting a grown man with fake panic attacks. I don't like her, but she can honestly do much better than him.

I honestly feel like she feels trapped, I mean he proposed after 6 months so of course everything was still new and exciting. And then she realized how much he sucks but she has to save face.

when they met, Mo wasn’t making millions but he actually HAD a job. I just appreciate the fact that she went for that relationship despite him not being rich.

IMO it must be hard finding guy who can maintain her lifestyle despite having a regular 9 to 5 job and I’m not talking about money. You can’t go for a 2 month trip to LA + several other long trips AND have a regular job. I don’t think their relationship could’ve worked if Mo was still a hairdresser. Actually Annie probably couldn’t be in a relationship with any successfully working man but that’s just my opinion.

That being said I definitely wouldn’t want to be in a relationship where one partner pays for everything . And I agree with you, it feels like she just settled for him because she wants to marry and have kids soon.
I read it in a different way, thank you for explaining! I agree with you, it was probably expected that he would become an "influencer" as well, he probably got blindsided by her and the fact that she has lots of followers, etc etc and he thought that it would be easy.

DogMom1990
Talker
Talker

Post by DogMom1990 »

I agree with the poster that said this video finally felt more honest and more interesting than the usual stuff she puts out. I also agree that self inflicted plastic surgery regret is not exactly a huge hardship. A mistake and a regret for sure but not comparable to true hardship. Maybe she will start making more honest content now. That would be refreshing.

Geisha
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Geisha »

Taleen0710 wrote:
PetiteFemmeFF wrote:

Career changes can be hard! As someone who also went from working for a company to being self-employed...I can understand his decision and also the difficulties in transitioning! It is of course not possible to have a full-time job and then go on 2-month vacation trips to LA and in between to five other trips. However, working full-time and also working on a new business is hard. I guess he jumped on the opportunity. Annie probably needed someone to work with her as handling a company is not easy. Tbh..she comes with a huge following who will buy her stuff without aggressive marketing. He may or may not be involved with the admin side of things. Who knows? Regardless, when starting something new, there is always a "transition phase". She may be the breadwinner now but if working together on something, why not take the leap? You cannot build a successful company from one day to another. It does take some hard work.
Mo seems to have made a name for himself and can always go back to cutting hair if they fail. With the current situation he probably made the right decision since all hair salons are closed in lockdown..

I wish them well for their company but have a feeling that they are in it to make big bucks. I mean the price for the mask is just ridiculous. Maybe not in Annie's world but I do not think that the majority of her followers can afford such luxury products. The mask is 65 Euros and the brush is 18 Euros. You can buy similar brushes from Aliexpress for 1 - 2 Euro. If it was 10 Euros and you do not have to wait 2 months from China to be delivered that would be fine..(haha) but 18 Euro is just too much. So who knows how big the margins are for the mask.

Annie used to take a Zara handbag to New York fashion week..now it's Channel for a trip to the supermarket. She seems to be out of touch with pricing. Would her 25 year old self buy a 65 Euro mask? Not sure.

Geisha
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Geisha »

sunlight1900 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:34 am
I‘m positively surprised and didn’t expect her at all to talk about explant. I really thought it will be about her defending plastic surgery and even promoting the doctor tbh.
This is a video of her in a long time that reminds me of old Annie. I think she completely got lost in the superficial world and that‘s why she seemed kinda off the past 2 years. Maybe she is finding back to her roots now. That would be great.
100% agree. I also got old Annie vibes. She is actually really smart and can articulate her feelings very well. This somehow got lost the past year with boring routines and striving to be perfect.

PetiteFemmeFF
Learner
Learner

Post by PetiteFemmeFF »

Geisha wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:40 am
sunlight1900 wrote:
100% agree. I also got old Annie vibes. She is actually really smart and can articulate her feelings very well. This somehow got lost the past year with boring routines and striving to be perfect.
What do you guys think her new videos should be about?

flowerpower321
Learner
Learner

Post by flowerpower321 »

Sorry, perhaps I am the only one, but I am not impressed by her confession and her emotional break out. She invested 5000-7000 euro for getting the boobs telling that she didn’t know how big they got?? Don’t they do a long conversation before?lethaps simulation? And then she is telling she invested 5000-7000 again getting them out? Hmm, because she realized what self love is? And now she wants to have support? For that? And now she can build on self love books and advices?

Am I the only one seeing it that way, but sorry guys, I have question marks over my head popping up, perhaps I am just over this :

Oh I have Panik attacks, let’s make a video and be a Guru and talk about it and ohhh I habe a problem with my body and lets make a video and talk about self love.

Sorry, I don’t get it, perhaps you won’t like my comment, I don’t care. I just speak about my question marks I got from this video.

flowerpower321
Learner
Learner

Post by flowerpower321 »

And to the comment she was hiding her boobs? When I go to the Instagram I see a lot of gym wear showing her boobs. Again question mark ...

sunlight1900
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sunlight1900 »

flowerpower321 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:28 am
And to the comment she was hiding her boobs? When I go to the Instagram I see a lot of gym wear showing her boobs. Again question mark ...
Well, I agree with you on that part. I don't understand that quite either. She actually did show her cleavage and wore also tight tops so you could tell they were definitely bigger. But maybe she rather meant she didn't like it alltogether, not just the size of them.
I imagine she first tried to wait the first year to see if the look and feel of the implants will improve and she realized that's not the case. I mean getting another operation is a big deal and costs a lot. I'm sure it was a very tough decision for her. This is what probably happens when you get too much into this superficial influencer world. Maybe she got really bad advise from "friends" and doctors.
Regarding Mo's panic attacks, I disagree because I really think he was being honest about it. You can tell in that video and in Annie's vlogs from that time that he had lost a lot of weight and actually didn't look his best and seemed a bit off. He also reduced his presence on social media a lot, so I think that phase changed him.

sunlight1900
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sunlight1900 »

PetiteFemmeFF wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:03 am
Geisha wrote:
sunlight1900 wrote:
I personally enjoy content about self development/self love , that's why I followed her back then in the first place. I liked her recent planner/journal video and I liked how she decorated the old cozy apartment (also her tiny NY apartment was so well decorated in my opinion). I'm not really into the style of the new apartment, to me the style looks somehow very different now, so I'm not very interested in videos about that. I'm also not into her food videos because I tried her receipes and they were too tasteless for me. Has anyone else here tried them?

sunlight1900
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sunlight1900 »

Geisha wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:18 am
Taleen0710 wrote:
PetiteFemmeFF wrote:

Career changes can be hard! As someone who also went from working for a company to being self-employed...I can understand his decision and also the difficulties in transitioning! It is of course not possible to have a full-time job and then go on 2-month vacation trips to LA and in between to five other trips. However, working full-time and also working on a new business is hard. I guess he jumped on the opportunity. Annie probably needed someone to work with her as handling a company is not easy. Tbh..she comes with a huge following who will buy her stuff without aggressive marketing. He may or may not be involved with the admin side of things. Who knows? Regardless, when starting something new, there is always a "transition phase". She may be the breadwinner now but if working together on something, why not take the leap? You cannot build a successful company from one day to another. It does take some hard work.
Mo seems to have made a name for himself and can always go back to cutting hair if they fail. With the current situation he probably made the right decision since all hair salons are closed in lockdown..

I wish them well for their company but have a feeling that they are in it to make big bucks. I mean the price for the mask is just ridiculous. Maybe not in Annie's world but I do not think that the majority of her followers can afford such luxury products. The mask is 65 Euros and the brush is 18 Euros. You can buy similar brushes from Aliexpress for 1 - 2 Euro. If it was 10 Euros and you do not have to wait 2 months from China to be delivered that would be fine..(haha) but 18 Euro is just too much. So who knows how big the margins are for the mask.

Annie used to take a Zara handbag to New York fashion week..now it's Channel for a trip to the supermarket. She seems to be out of touch with pricing. Would her 25 year old self buy a 65 Euro mask? Not sure.
Yes that's true, the transition is hard and risky. I guess it was bad timing with Mo quitting his job in order for them to be travel everywhere and then the pandemic hit. On the other hand, he wouldn't be able to work anyway most of the time since hairdressers aren't allow to offer their services during lockdown in Germany.

Totally agree with the Zara handbag comment. To me the mask is crazy overpriced, regardless how much money you make. Therefore I will never purchase it eventhough I wanted to try it out.

Geisha
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Geisha »

flowerpower321 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:17 am
Sorry, perhaps I am the only one, but I am not impressed by her confession and her emotional break out. She invested 5000-7000 euro for getting the boobs telling that she didn’t know how big they got?? Don’t they do a long conversation before?lethaps simulation? And then she is telling she invested 5000-7000 again getting them out? Hmm, because she realized what self love is? And now she wants to have support? For that? And now she can build on self love books and advices?

Am I the only one seeing it that way, but sorry guys, I have question marks over my head popping up, perhaps I am just over this :

Oh I have Panik attacks, let’s make a video and be a Guru and talk about it and ohhh I habe a problem with my body and lets make a video and talk about self love.

Sorry, I don’t get it, perhaps you won’t like my comment, I don’t care. I just speak about my question marks I got from this video.
For me it is more about opening up and regretting a decision.. I think it takes balls to admit that.
I believe most of us have done stupid things but we would never talk about it. Not gonna lie.. This was an expensive lesson for Annie!
She does however have a lot of influence over younger girls.. Maybe it helps someone in a similar situation?

I mean it is up to them to share what they want. I know there was a big discussion about Chrissie Teigen a few month ago. I'm not a fan tbh but some people appreciated that she talked about her miscarriage and some people thought topics like this should be a taboo. Personally, I think it is good to talk about taboo topics from time to time.

I do understand where you are coming from. Some people share a little too much and like to play the victim.

However, Annie and Mo did not really strike me as victim players. I remember Mo said his dad passed away and he has been feeling still bad because of it. Maybe he meant anxiety in general and not actual panic attacks? Grief can be a biatch. It can strike again even when you thought you are over it for example when you are thinking about starting your own family.

classytikkamasala
Learner
Learner

Post by classytikkamasala »

i agree with a lot of people here, i was very positively surprised and i really felt old annie vibes too. it makes me wish she really did allow herself to be more vulnerable and bring us in with her struggles instead of trying to make her whole channel about organisation and "getting back on track" and self-perfecting. i'm not saying i care about her eating a piece of chocolate cake in her what i eat in a day videos as thats what i see her comments full of a lot of times, but it would be nice to see her reflect and make decisions based on her core values and also just hear her raw thoughts and feelings throughout whenever she does go through stressful things. i would rather her say she's struggling and how she feels about keeping up with youtube uploads and being active on social media and nourished3 work rather than vlogs full of "im so busy today, everything is so exciting" or just going MIA for a while.

as someone who has also lost a significant amount of weight, i have always wanted a breast lift, but not implants. so when she originally addressed it in 2019 i felt like i could relate. but when she very obviously got implants, i was very surprised. her explanation video was really helpful in my opinion and i so much prefer that she made the video now, when she has gone through all of it and learned, rather than if she made a video back in january 2020 saying hey guys i got implants and its such a good decision because my boobs arent saggy anymore and i can still breastfeed whenever i do. it would have felt so ingenuine.

this video really felt much more relatable in content and just her overall energy and personality was much more relatable compared to most of her videos over the past couple of years.

classytikkamasala
Learner
Learner

Post by classytikkamasala »

sunlight1900 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:00 pm
PetiteFemmeFF wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:03 am
Geisha wrote:
sunlight1900 wrote:
I personally enjoy content about self development/self love , that's why I followed her back then in the first place. I liked her recent planner/journal video and I liked how she decorated the old cozy apartment (also her tiny NY apartment was so well decorated in my opinion). I'm not really into the style of the new apartment, to me the style looks somehow very different now, so I'm not very interested in videos about that. I'm also not into her food videos because I tried her receipes and they were too tasteless for me. Has anyone else here tried them?
omg yes haha. i was living in nyc around the same time she was and i thought it was so cool to find a youtuber who lives in the same city as me because youtube wasn't super big back then. i remember trying her healthy quinoa recipe, this was before she became vegan i think. it was sooooo bland!!! hahaha. i was very inspired by her to make healthy lifestyle changes but ever since then, i tend to not try out her recipes. i still like watching her recipe videos because she cooks so clean and that inspires me to make better and fresher food choices but i dont try her recipes anymore. sometimes something she will make will inspire me to make my own version full of much more flavour though hahaha

sunlight1900
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sunlight1900 »

classytikkamasala wrote:
sunlightmerge900 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:00 pm
omg yes haha. i was living in nyc around the same time she was and i thought it was so cool to find a youtuber who lives in the same city as me because youtube wasn't super big back then. i remember trying her healthy quinoa recipe, this was before she became vegan i think. it was sooooo bland!!! hahaha. i was very inspired by her to make healthy lifestyle changes but ever since then, i tend to not try out her recipes. i still like watching her recipe videos because she cooks so clean and that inspires me to make better and fresher food choices but i dont try her recipes anymore. sometimes something she will make will inspire me to make my own version full of much more flavour though hahaha
LOL the Quinoa was so bad! She made it sound super tasty and I was so disappointed :rofl:
It inspires me too cook healthier aswell though.

bubblebop
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bubblebop »

Wow how many (huge, custom made) mirrors does one need?

Return to “#-E”