Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ellie Thumann

Post by cici2020 »

UseMyCode wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:31 pm
if she still wants to fly for brand trips etc on the weekends she should go to a college near a major airport aka not miami of ohio or UGA
At least Miami U isnt too far from Cincinnati and i feel like i remember her mentioning something about how lots of family have gone there so I could see going there. I dont understand at all why she wants to go to UGA. I feel like its close-ish to atlanta but ATL traffic is horrible.

darcyking
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by darcyking »

cici2020 wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:58 pm
UseMyCode wrote:
if she still wants to fly for brand trips etc on the weekends she should go to a college near a major airport aka not miami of ohio or UGA
At least Miami U isnt too far from Cincinnati and i feel like i remember her mentioning something about how lots of family have gone there so I could see going there. I dont understand at all why she wants to go to UGA. I feel like its close-ish to atlanta but ATL traffic is horrible.
why doesn't she go to usc or ucla or something? she's in LA all the time and has her apartment

cici2020
Debater
Debater

Post by cici2020 »

darcyking wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 pm
cici2020 wrote:
UseMyCode wrote:
why doesn't she go to usc or ucla or something? she's in LA all the time and has her apartment
yeah i dont fully understsand. I feel like she wants a "traditional" college experience which i definitely understand. but you can get that at most schools i think.

katy-spacey
Learner
Learner

Post by katy-spacey »

darcyking wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:12 pm
cici2020 wrote:
UseMyCode wrote:
Probably because usc and ucla have low acceptance rate and she couldn't get in.

cici2020
Debater
Debater

Post by cici2020 »

lol yeah i agree with that. i think she's a relatively average student and might not be able to get accepted to those schools... which i dont even mean as an insult. most people can't get accepted to them.

kj apa
Learner
Learner

Post by kj apa »

cici2020 wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:22 am
lol yeah i agree with that. i think she's a relatively average student and might not be able to get accepted to those schools... which i dont even mean as an insult. most people can't get accepted to them.
has she said what college she is going to in the fall?

cici2020
Debater
Debater

Post by cici2020 »

I wouldnt be surprised if she defers for a year, since she seems to only want to be going for a "college experience" and everything will likely be online.

Bananana2
Learner
Learner

Post by Bananana2 »

She has got to stop calling it ‘whole real college process’ because none of this is real. No one has 2 fucking apartments. All her college move in stuff is so incredibly unrelatable. I’m seeing so many more like kinda negative comments too on her videos, she could do with acknowledging her privilege a bit more instead of calling this a ‘real process’.

oracle51495
Lurker
Lurker

Post by oracle51495 »

She has yet to genuinely acknowledge her privilege, and it's a shame because right before all of these college move in videos came out I was really vibing with her, but for some reason now she just comes across as entitled. I think the entire concept of people moving into dorms right now is incredibly selfish anyways (just imo bc of the virus), so her doing it AND having that second apartment that could HAVE been very safe to do remote learning from is really annoying. Imagine having two living spaces as a freshman in college with your own mini gym and kitchen.

Realistically and practically she should've moved into that back house with her roommate Ella and not even done the dorm. Not only is it dangerous because of COVID, but her whole "well I just wanted the dorm experience" screams privilege. Having it as an experience isn't a luxury. Most people cannot afford apartments in college and housing is expensive. Dorm life isn't some glamorous movie or sitcom, she seems to have romanticized it so much like girl it's not like that at all. It just shows in her videos where she'd shop for it and get so worked up over the colors of blankets....

And we get it, you "needed a place to store the apartment stuff from LA and it just fell into your hands", but that doesn't mean it was handled in a practical way. Considering schools are probably going to have to shut down anyways, it just seemed very irresponsible. She'd be able to comfortably cook, workout, do homework, and all that shit in the safer apartment but nah. I think soon she'll realize how absurd and privileged the setup is. And this is coming from a recent college grad at a large state school like hers. She really is living a fantasy compared to most students at that age. Idk. Glad some of the comments called her out.

Just sick of these youtubers preaching safety at the start of COVID and now it's everyone for themselves.

visenyas
Learner
Learner

Post by visenyas »

I just recently saw her most recent video (“THE REALITY OF LA *week in my life*) and it is so irritating for these influencers to keep saying they’re sick of how toxic LA is, etc. etc. We get it. You love your little town, but stop accrediting the toxicity of influencer-dense areas, events, and hang outs to the place itself. There are so many places in LA where it feels more grounded and “normal” than the usual influencer places and she just sounds so ignorant whining on and on about how she doesn’t like the place because of the people she surrounds herself with.

edit: she flat-out broke into her first apartment in LA and broadcasted where it was AND which unit she lived in with no consideration for possible new tenants living there.

Return to “#-E”