WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carrie Dayton

Post by WanderlustX3 »

britth201 wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:35 pm
She is soooo annoying to me. She got mad and bitched that Forever 21 put “diet bars” in their plus size packages- then wrote a tiny subtitle that they included the bars in EVERY package, not just plus sizes. She continued to bitch about how pissed she was and acted like plus size people were being attacked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do think its a bit weird to put a "diet bar" (what the hell is that anyway? Like a protein bar?) In any order, plus size or not. But it is funny how she just failed to mention it was every order. If they would have just put it in the standard sizes she would have seen that as some sort of statement too.
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by Samisgossiping »

WanderlustX3 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 pm
britth201 wrote:
She is soooo annoying to me. She got mad and bitched that Forever 21 put “diet bars” in their plus size packages- then wrote a tiny subtitle that they included the bars in EVERY package, not just plus sizes. She continued to bitch about how pissed she was and acted like plus size people were being attacked.

I do think its a bit weird to put a "diet bar" (what the hell is that anyway? Like a protein bar?) In any order, plus size or not. But it is funny how she just failed to mention it was every order. If they would have just put it in the standard sizes she would have seen that as some sort of statement too.

They were Atkin's bars

Somechick
Learner
Learner

Post by Somechick »

Samisgossiping wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:53 am
WanderlustX3 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:12 pm
britth201 wrote:

They were Atkin's bars
Forever21 has been doing a lot of weird marketing things lately. I ordered from them a little over a month ago and got a razor with my order.

cats-or-die
Informer
Informer

Post by cats-or-die »

They’re literally just partnering with brands. Yeah, it’s kind of weird but like, who cares? If I ordered clothes and got a free sample of something I’d be stoked

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

Nice to see one of those ~brand deals~ she was bragging about is another fucking ThredUp(which always autocorrects to "threw up" lmfao) sponsorship. Congrats on getting the same sponsors as every idiot with 12 subscribers who uploads thrift hauls. At least one person in the comments told her what a shady company ThredUp actually is, but you know Carrie will just delete it and never address anything. Sustainability is hard anyway, guys!

She also seems to really be leaning into this ~lazy queen~ persona with her "shopping from the couch" and her pj hauls. She's always "so busy", but seems to have long stretches of time to lounge around the house and order clothes in the middle of the week. If your "work day" consists of putting on a full face of makeup, curling your hair, and getting dressed to film yourself showing clothes YOU ARE NOT A BUSY PERSON. You are bound by no schedule besides crapping out a video or 2 in a week, you have no real boss to answer to daily, you can wake up literally whenever. Just because occasionally you have a meeting or 2 doesn't make you a busy person.

I can't imagine how Drew feels coming home from a real job to hear this turd complain about how busy and strsseful HER day was.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

Carrie's so busy, but her channel is growing at a snail's pace.

I've been watching Simply Nailogical lately, and she's grown her channel to 7 mil while working a federal, 9-5 job.

Whatchu doing Carrie?

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

And isn't SimplyNailogical some forensics expert or something? It's definitely a serious job that requires a lot of her time, and yet she somehow still makes videos and even released her own line of nail polishes. And not bitching the entire time!

Something I've noticed is that some of the most arrogant YouTubers in the beauty/fashion community are the channels who are moderately sized and getting their first taste of YouTube success after one video does well. Suddenly all they talk about is ~how super busy with YouTubing~ they are and all the meetings they have and all the brand deals they have. It's exactly what's happening with Carrie. Sis, you have 300k subscribers. That's really nothing for someone who has been doing videos for YEARS. Especially when there are girls like Ashley/Best Dressed who come out of nowhere and get 2 million subscribers within a year. Carrie honestly has no hook though. She's basic. She just wears trends and has no real sense of style. Everything about her is straight out of Influencer 101. Ashley is also very trendy, but she is smart and well spoken with a great sense of humor. Carrie is kind of a wet blanket who seems bitter, sarcastic and unpleasant.

I just wonder, if she hadn't caught on, how long she would have kept at this influencer thing. She always speaks about jobs in the past tense, so I wonder how long she's been unemployed and trying to make her channel happen? Being an influencer does have a shelf life. She's already over 30. Was she going to be trying to make herself happen at 35? 40? And what is she going to do once this all dries up? Go back to waitressing? She doesn't seem to have much to fall back on. Drew is going to be stuck taking care of her forever, isn't he?

cats-or-die
Informer
Informer

Post by cats-or-die »

Is the only thing she can do now thrift related?
We get it. Thrifting is hip and trendy. How many different ways can you fucking thrift?
It’s so old now. It was fun at first but damn, it’s all. the. same.

Agreed with above too. She’s so lazy and detached from the real, adult world. “im oM MY PeRiOd witH CrAmPS i CaNt gEt oUt oF BeD”
Like, what? I wish I could just skip work when I have cramps. No one feels bad for you, girl. Everyone is rolling their eyes at a 30 year old bitching about cramps.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

cheesecake134 wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:41 pm
And isn't SimplyNailogical some forensics expert or something? It's definitely a serious job that requires a lot of her time, and yet she somehow still makes videos and even released her own line of nail polishes. And not bitching the entire time!
She is a Crime Stat Analysist. Which I only remember cuz it sounds cool AF.

She's also in the same age range as Carrie and they both started YT five years ago.

I got bored at work, but I feel like Nailogical is a good comparison for Lil Miss So Busy for those reasons.

cats-or-die wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:37 pm

Agreed with above too. She’s so lazy and detached from the real, adult world. “im oM MY PeRiOd witH CrAmPS i CaNt gEt oUt oF BeD”
Like, what? I wish I could just skip work when I have cramps. No one feels bad for you, girl. Everyone is rolling their eyes at a 30 year old bitching about cramps.

At 30-years-old you should know how to deal with cramps. A glass of ice-cold water and Midol. AND SIT UP STRAIGHT--best period advice I ever got. Seriously.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

Okay, if you're 31 and have been doing YouTube for 5 years and only now have 300k subscribers........give it up, dude. It's not the avenue for you.

And get a real job, you bum.

Givemethedonut
Informer
Informer

Post by Givemethedonut »

Love that on her threadup video she was talking about how important it was to stay away from fast fashion and to support companies that don’t use child labor and such, when this dumb asses last few videos were shopping at fast fashion stores and hauls😂 pick a side Carrie, Jesus Christ, you can’t play both, you just look even dumber.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Givemethedonut wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:59 pm
Love that on her threadup video she was talking about how important it was to stay away from fast fashion and to support companies that don’t use child labor and such, when this dumb asses last few videos were shopping at fast fashion stores and hauls😂 pick a side Carrie, Jesus Christ, you can’t play both, you just look even dumber.
Oh but that doesn't count when they send her the clothes for free and then pay her to talk about them :roll:
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

Her in the newest thrift video has me so annoyed. You don’t “need” any of the bs you are buying Carrie. Most of what she got was so ugly! And I hate how she says she buys stuff for “us” when she just sells it again, most of the time it’s going to be more anyway just due to shipping!
Let’s continue to decorate our rat infested apartment like nothings wrong, also made me laugh

breadandpotatoes
Learner
Learner

Post by breadandpotatoes »

Her Threadup video was so bad. Looking back at her older videos, she had a good sense of style and knew what pieces were most flattering to her. I think her weight gain has made her not know how to dress for her body. That velvet tank made her look wider than she is and emphasized her bad posture. The black skirt she got was SO ill fitting and obviously not the right size for her. The green dress was so matrimony on her and not the right length for her height. Again with the yellow tank that made her look like a box. She needs to dress her age, height, and weight and right now she's doing the opposite.

Also, in her newest thrift vid, what's up with the bucket hat? lmao

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

Thread Up is also a super sketchy company. Her and Jessica got the ugliest stuff.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

breadandpotatoes wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:24 am
Her Threadup video was so bad. Looking back at her older videos, she had a good sense of style and knew what pieces were most flattering to her. I think her weight gain has made her not know how to dress for her body. That velvet tank made her look wider than she is and emphasized her bad posture. The black skirt she got was SO ill fitting and obviously not the right size for her. The green dress was so matrimony on her and not the right length for her height. Again with the yellow tank that made her look like a box. She needs to dress her age, height, and weight and right now she's doing the opposite.

Also, in her newest thrift vid, what's up with the bucket hat? lmao
Her newest thrift haul is such an obvious attempt to scam the algorithm. I've noticed so many people doing these "What $100 Gets You At...." videos right now. She's trying to pop up in peoples recommended and take over like an Amber Scholl or Best Dressed. Sis, you've been at this for 5 years. If you were going to pop off you would have already.

Anyway, I think a lot her issue with fit when it comes to clothes is not being willing to admit she is still buying things too small. That grid Madewell skirt was so tight on her. Most everything she tries on in a size 12 is too small, yet she keeps insisting she is a 12. And I was actually shook when she said that sometimes she can "get away with a medium". BITCH WHERE. I could see that working if she were a plus sized woman who is smaller on top and curvier on bottom. But she is apple shaped with thick arms. That AE halter in a medium looked like it was cutting off circulation. She needs to accept she has gained weight and continues to gain weight and shop accordingly. Oh, and put on a fucking bra for once. Her tits look so sloppy in everything.

ZoeyCat
Learner
Learner

Carrie Dayton

Post by ZoeyCat »

Why did working out, or even going for a walk, never come up in her most recent video? At this point she seems AGAINST the idea that exercise is important.

She’s looking extra puffy in this video like she’s still gaining weight. How is she still gaining so rapidly? I’m genuinely confused.

Haley-Ann25
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Haley-Ann25 »

I've noticed that she's been cranking out the sponsored content like there's no tomorrow lately. Honestly, I wonder if she even uses this stuff (the ugly clothes, the protein powder in her video today) she talks about in her regular life. She seems like the type of YouTuber who has this perfectly curated facade and lies to their viewers now. Which is really sad tbh

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

lmao. A sponsored self-care video.

She's a fraud.

Sorry not sorry.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Haley-Ann25 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:37 am
I've noticed that she's been cranking out the sponsored content like there's no tomorrow lately. Honestly, I wonder if she even uses this stuff (the ugly clothes, the protein powder in her video today) she talks about in her regular life. She seems like the type of YouTuber who has this perfectly curated facade and lies to their viewers now. Which is really sad tbh
She doesn't lmao. She did a video of clearing out her closet a while back and she got rid of some boo-hoo items she had shown in a sponsored video around Halloween... pretty sure that video was sponsored by poshmark too lmao. She sells stuff she buys at thrift stores and she tries so hard to make it sound like she does it for her viewers when really she's just trying to line her pockets :roll:

"Ugh this is so cute and it sucks that it doesn't fit me but I KNOW one of you guys will LOVE it. Check out my poshmark hehe"

Return to “Carrie Dayton”