Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C0OK1EMONSTER/ADELAINE MORIN

Post by rosey515 »

kittykat94 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:23 am
Some ulta stores are putting the palette out early. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the names of the shadows are weird...like shouldn't the names of eyeshadows be short and quirky? hers sound like they tell a story

gouda
Talker
Talker

Post by gouda »

a few things
why did they use that 100 more like 10 days of makeup challenge photo when she didnt use the palette to create that look?
i feel like adelaine thinks shes always do these amazing innovative things and they are always so basic like her palette a girl supporting girls hoodie.she put two stripes on a hoodie with a phrase and acted like it was ground breaking and this palette looks like every other palette out there. if you covered up those cringey names theres nothing about that palette that says adelaine. yellow is not a personality trait, taking popular memes and repeating them every second you get isnt substance. she doesnt know who she actually is and it shows, she cant decorate her own home herself because she needs everything to be goals. i wonder if in niki demars truth about series if she actually opened up or if shes gonna be vague as always that talk about her law of attraction sunflowers face the sun choose happiness nonsense

MissForever11
Informer
Informer

Post by MissForever11 »

I'm seriously waiting for that truth about video of Adelaine, but I'm lowkey thinking that she'll be super vague and trying not to scream at the camera because it's not for her own channel.

Anyway that makeup just ain't it, the names of the shades are too long and the colors aren't something I haven't seen before. For $39 I'd rather buy a bigger, more unique palette.

durazno
Talker
Talker

Post by durazno »

honestly the palate is better than i thought it would be. i was expecting a monstrosity lol. the names are kind of lame but i think some of them are cute (in that this is aimed for her fans and i think they'd love them?). promise ring is the only one that i like lol. i think the browns are a bit too dark imho?

i don't even see a difference between mama morin and conTOUR.

i also like the concept of the yellow and the doodles but i think it came across as ugly. they could have done it better

DrVanessaPoseidon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrVanessaPoseidon »

This reminds me of the Too Faced Peanut Butter and Honey palette... but darker.

aditig
Lurker
Lurker

Post by aditig »

is it just me or does her makeup look a little botched in the palette reveal video

Strawberryjelly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Strawberryjelly »

kittykat94 wrote:Some ulta stores are putting the palette out early. Image

Wham has she ever talked about the law of attraction??? I don’t even associate that term with her lol

durazno
Talker
Talker

Post by durazno »

Strawberryjelly wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:36 pm

Wham has she ever talked about the law of attraction??? I don’t even associate that term with her lol

she mentions it and freaks out about it in her videos but she's never done a talk on it fully. i wouldn't associate her with it either but i can see why she'd want people to start associating her with something so #trendy 🙄

Strawberryjelly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Strawberryjelly »

durazno wrote:
Strawberryjelly wrote:

she mentions it and freaks out about it in her videos but she's never done a talk on it fully. i wouldn't associate her with it either but i can see why she'd want people to start associating her with something so #trendy Image
Oh ok lol I used to watch her vlogs but got tired of them and her and stopped a while ago and maybe that’s why I never heard her mention it and I’m really into the law of attraction and manifestation and have been for a couple years now so it’s annoying that she’s trying to hop onto it now just because it’s “cool”.

durazno
Talker
Talker

Post by durazno »

Strawberryjelly wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:38 pm
durazno wrote:
Strawberryjelly wrote:

she mentions it and freaks out about it in her videos but she's never done a talk on it fully. i wouldn't associate her with it either but i can see why she'd want people to start associating her with something so #trendy Image
Oh ok lol I used to watch her vlogs but got tired of them and her and stopped a while ago and maybe that’s why I never heard her mention it and I’m really into the law of attraction and manifestation and have been for a couple years now so it’s annoying that she’s trying to hop onto it now just because it’s “cool”.

honestly i don't blame you and tbh her talking about it made me really turned off from it. she sold it as just like, saying it into the universe and it just happens because you said it? i have no idea about it whatsoever.

i might look into it knowing that other people support it esp someone from gg but ... man when she talks about it it comes off as such weird bs. 😞

hisisters
Learner
Learner

Post by hisisters »

durazno wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 am
Strawberryjelly wrote:
durazno wrote:
Strawberryjelly wrote:

honestly i don't blame you and tbh her talking about it made me really turned off from it. she sold it as just like, saying it into the universe and it just happens because you said it? i have no idea about it whatsoever.

i might look into it knowing that other people support it esp someone from gg but ... man when she talks about it it comes off as such weird bs. 😞
I just watched her "showing friends her palette" video and she was like wow this is the first time using my highlighter? excuse me what? i think people that do a "collab" with a brand and don't sit and try and swatch the colors they pick or even formulate are scamming. So stupid to just pick out already pre made colors.

xosara
Talker
Talker

Post by xosara »

All the hype she had for this palette was way too much only to be let down. Idk, maybe just personally I couldn't see myself making an eye look out of all the dark colors she has.

gouda
Talker
Talker

Post by gouda »

hisisters wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:59 am
durazno wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:31 am
Strawberryjelly wrote:
durazno wrote:
Strawberryjelly wrote:

I just watched her "showing friends her palette" video and she was like wow this is the first time using my highlighter? excuse me what? i think people that do a "collab" with a brand and don't sit and try and swatch the colors they pick or even formulate are scamming. So stupid to just pick out already pre made colors.
shes still trying to sell it like she was involved in the formulation since she went to makeup school. but girl you started in october and your palette was done by then

socialbeauty
Informer
Informer

Post by socialbeauty »

i came to see what all your thoughts were on her palette ahah i have to say, i preferred the colors and packing of aspyn's (even if it was too light for me too use)

DrVanessaPoseidon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by DrVanessaPoseidon »

I think my issue with the palette is that it reminds me of 3 different palettes, so it isn’t super unique. If you’re a makeup lover, it’s highly possible you already have these shades in your collection. However since her fan base is high school aged (maybe younger) and starting out with makeup, it works. I’m not too familiar with Aspyn, but I think Adelaine’s color scheme makes more sense than what Bunny (Grav3yardgirl) did with her Tarte collaboration.

Also, I started watching her 2 weeks ago. Just random vlogs here and there. I’m already sick of Adelaine reminding us she went to school for makeup and skincare. We heard you the first time. Okurrrr?

MissForever11
Informer
Informer

Post by MissForever11 »

Just listened to the Yellow song/music video. Adelaine does bring up "Law of Attraction" in the lyrics but I don't understand why? To sum it up, the whole thing looks like something they'd put on the radio at Forever 21, H&M, or some other teen oriented clothing store.

xosara
Talker
Talker

Post by xosara »

Sorry if anyone likes the song, I am only 50 seconds though and I can't stop laughing. "Yellow. My heart feels warmer when I see yellow" what the heck.

youtrippin
Lurker
Lurker

Post by youtrippin »

Sorry but I reallyyyyy hated that song

Post by Guest »

This is the only time I'm gonna say something on here.
I completely understand why she hyped the song etc(marketing for her pallette and wanting to be associated with yellow etc). And it has got a good beat. But wow. Wooooowwww
How old are her fans???? And do they just block out when she's sang in her car???? I'm sorry,if you're such a dedicated fan then you would've heard her sing in the car in literally all of her vlogs so how is literally every comment raving about how she sounds amazing and she should be a singer and she sounds like Vanessa Hudgens????
Do these kids just say whatever in hopes of getting a reply from her or what?
I never minded her singing in the car and sometimes she does sound good but like I feel like she sings from her nose so idk it's not the best voice but also not tone deaf.
But how? How are these kids just so adamant on kissing up to her instead of saying that's too much auto-tune.
For someone who preaches about self love I definitely do not expect posting a song with so much auto tune. A little bit is understandable but this was just overkill.

Okay.
Rant over.

kittykat94
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by kittykat94 »

Who wants to tell her that yellow isn’t a personality type

Return to “#-E”