Allana Davison

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Allana Davison

Post by Waldorfdarling »

There wasn't a forum for Allana so I figured I'd make one!

I found out about her here on GG through someone's recommendation and honestly I like her but I have a few gripes with her as well. First of all, she overdoes it with the mannerisms and grimaces, very Jaclyn Hill like which I don't appreciate. I get she wants to look 'goofy' and relateable, but when you do it all the time it becomes annoying and try hard.

Does she work for MAC? I feel like all her products are from MAC.

Also I think sometimes she tends to cake herself up a little although she's good at eye makeup.

Let me know what you think!
XOXO

larisa david
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Allana Davison

Post by larisa david »

I did watch her after Kathleen lights recommended her and I did like her but that did't last long, after I realized she is a JH/Kathleen hybrid with those faces. And I' not sure if she still works, but she did work for MAC and is also a student.

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

I agree about the annoying faces she makes, she tries very hard to be like essiebutton (who I despite), but I have to admit she's really good at doing her make up - especially the eyes. I actually bought the MAC strobe cream based on her videos and I'm very happy with it. I'm subscribed to her mainly because she's uploads a video 2/3 times a week which I find very impressive for a student - especially when youtubers like icovetthee etc only upload 1 video a week if you're lucky, and its their fulltime job.

brightestbuzz
Learner
Learner

Post by brightestbuzz »

I started following her after Kathleen recommended her and I loved her immediately but then all the quirkiness became a bit much. But I don't know, after following her on SC I think that's really how she is and it's not just an act for the camera. Maybe I'm still too into her to see through the facade if there is one. She does complain on there about having to wash her hair or take off her makeup a lot which is gross to me. JUST DO IT, ALLANA!

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

brightestbuzz wrote:I started following her after Kathleen recommended her and I loved her immediately but then all the quirkiness became a bit much. But I don't know, after following her on SC I think that's really how she is and it's not just an act for the camera. Maybe I'm still too into her to see through the facade if there is one. She does complain on there about having to wash her hair or take off her makeup a lot which is gross to me. JUST DO IT, ALLANA!
Agree, I started following her on snapchat and after a few weeks I realized it's just her personality, she doesn't act quirky all the time to attract viewers - or maybe she does and she's an excellent actrice.

brightestbuzz
Learner
Learner

Post by brightestbuzz »

toulouse1 wrote:
brightestbuzz wrote:I started following her after Kathleen recommended her and I loved her immediately but then all the quirkiness became a bit much. But I don't know, after following her on SC I think that's really how she is and it's not just an act for the camera. Maybe I'm still too into her to see through the facade if there is one. She does complain on there about having to wash her hair or take off her makeup a lot which is gross to me. JUST DO IT, ALLANA!
Agree, I started following her on snapchat and after a few weeks I realized it's just her personality, she doesn't act quirky all the time to attract viewers - or maybe she does and she's an excellent actrice.
If it's an act then I'll be disappointed. Her SC made me warm up to her personality and now I thoroughly enjoy her stories. It's nice to see someone in school, working (not sure if it's full or part time, but still), having an active social life with their RL friends, AND still uploading content on the regular. I feel like I'm praising her too much for a trash thread... I'll see myself out! Image

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

brightestbuzz wrote:
toulouse1 wrote:
If it's an act then I'll be disappointed. Her SC made me warm up to her personality and now I thoroughly enjoy her stories. It's nice to see someone in school, working (not sure if it's full or part time, but still), having an active social life with their RL friends, AND still uploading content on the regular. I feel like I'm praising her too much for a trash thread... I'll see myself out!
I like her too! I just made this topic so we can discuss the things we like or don't like about her. I think her personality is fine but the quirky expressions can become a bit annoying when she does them all the time!

Now I wanted to discuss something else with you guys: this is so petty but I've noticed her face is so hairy!!! I know I shouldn't give her shit for this, but it's kinda distracting! Is there any way someone can remove this somehow? I've heard some people shave their peach fuzz but it sounds scary.
XOXO

brightestbuzz
Learner
Learner

Post by brightestbuzz »

She does have peach fuzz and I think it's been commented on before in her videos since she addressed it one of her tutorials. I try not to give any Youtuber crap about it cause I have it too (Latin background) so I know how much it sucks. I shaved it once and yeah, never again. I have no idea if these girls have tried to do anything about it.

Edie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Edie »

Why is she doing that weird accent in her latest video? It's a lot like Kathleen, who I unsubbed from months ago because she does the same thing. Every on has peach fuzz, but I never noticed how thick her's was until she said something about the "haters" and pointed it out.

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

Of course everyone has it, it's not a big deal really, it's just that hers is so unruly and easily discernible. I wonder how she lays foundation on top of it!!
XOXO

brightestbuzz
Learner
Learner

Post by brightestbuzz »

Waldorfdarling wrote:Of course everyone has it, it's not a big deal really, it's just that hers is so unruly and easily discernible. I wonder how she lays foundation on top of it!!
Congrats, guys. She just snapchatted about this "lengthy" post. Hi, Allana!

Waldorfdarling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Waldorfdarling »

Wow, I just saw that!! Honestly I felt bad because my intention wasn't to hurt her, I never thought she'd come on here and read that stuff. The funny thing is it's the first time I've created a page for a beauty vlogger here on GG and I only did because there wasn't any for her and I wanted to see what everyone else here thought of her. She may be laughing it off - I would too if I were her - but it sounds like she was truly offended. So if you happen to read here Allana, sorry! The website is dedicated to this kind of thing and sometimes it's not very pretty, in fact I would say that I'm actually one of the nicer people here. I'm sure you've gossiped once or twice about people you know or don't know with your girlfriends. Okay I'm done gossiping for the rest of the week now.

Hope you're having a good week fellow GGers!
XOXO

chismoso
Lurker
Lurker

Post by chismoso »

Aw this is probably the nicest thread on GG haha. Allana got an apology! haha. I don't get why there can't be more than one or two youtubers that make weird faces and funny voices... In real life, those are people I gravitate towards because it makes me feel like they don't take themselves too seriously. I really like and find it funny and endearing! I love Allana - she's honestly one of my fave youtubers.

brightestbuzz
Learner
Learner

Post by brightestbuzz »

chismoso wrote:Aw this is probably the nicest thread on GG haha. Allana got an apology! haha. I don't get why there can't be more than one or two youtubers that make weird faces and funny voices... In real life, those are people I gravitate towards because it makes me feel like they don't take themselves too seriously. I really like and find it funny and endearing! I love Allana - she's honestly one of my fave youtubers.
It really is a nice thread, which rubbed me the wrong way when she made it out to be a lot worse than it is! But I do love her too! My whole thing about watching beauty youtubers is that I just want to be informed and learn new things. So for a tutorial or GRWM, I just like to see them sit down, talk about the products they're using, and go to town. That's why Lisa Eldridge is my favorite. The weird faces and funny noises are fine when they're not being overdone. But for me, Allana gets a pass for that after watching her on SC as I stated before cause it really is her. Some gurus just come off as try hard or fake. But again, I think it just depends on your personal preference.

Caseynfinnegan
Talker
Talker

Post by Caseynfinnegan »

I like this girl. I think she's very genuine. :love2:

My only peeve is she wears a shit load of makeup imo. Even in her tutorials where it's a more everyday look. Those are the looks that would be my going out to be fancy looks. But....that's really all I could say that's negative.

She's stunning and intelligent...funny and very honest. My favourite you tuber besides leighannsays.

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

I absolutely love the eye make up she does, but I personally think she applies way too much blush. In all her videos and snapchat it's looks a bit over the top - can't imagine what it looks like in real life. Other than that, she's quickly becoming my favorite youtube. I especially like the review videos she makes, where she actually films in the morning and evening and shows us what the make up looks like after a full day of work. She puts a lot of effort into her videos.

BabyJane
Talker
Talker

Post by BabyJane »

I came to see if she had a thread because does she really think Sigma is "drugstore"? Has she looked at their prices? Is she nuts?

Also I watch her because I miss the old essiebutton. Totally agree that is what she's going for. Since she doesn't seem to be attached to someone with infinite money hopefully she won't go down a similar path.

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

BabyJane wrote:I came to see if she had a thread because does she really think Sigma is "drugstore"? Has she looked at their prices? Is she nuts?
She said on snapchat that sigma is in the same price range as other drugstore brushes. I understand where she's coming from, but the way she handles criticism is so childish. She doesn't answer the people who complain about her videos in the comments, instead she makes fun of them on her snapchat, being all sarcastic and basically hating on them. In her latest snap chat story she's complaining about how many thumb downs she got on her new video. Seriously, this stuff is part of having a youtube channel. It's not like she got hundreds of dislikes or anything, she's really exaggerating.

woejack
Informer
Informer

Post by woejack »

I really like Alana, her makeup is clean and nicely done, I don't understand why someone said she wears a lot? It doesn't matter how many products you use, it's the end result, and I love how polished her looks are. To me someone who wears a lot of makeup so to speak are: desi, chrisspy, lauren, shan, danielle, basically 99% of youtube gurus. I can definitely watch alanas videos and not feel uncomfortable by the products she's using and how much she is using.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

UrineSoaked
Lurker
Lurker

Post by UrineSoaked »

But it is ok. You do no need to worry. Is such a small thing through out?

Return to “#-E”