ChoNunMigookSaram (Megan Bowen)

Re: ChoNunMigookSaram (Megan Bowen)

Post by Guest »

RaraAvis wrote:I stumbled on her videos on YouTube and just want to know how she makes money in Korea and to pay for her boob job...? She’s living a nice life for a foreign expat, it seems...
Boob job was sponsored.
She makes money from Youtube and from her online store. She also does some media appearances, enough that she has (had?) a manager. She used to be on a public broadcast educational show once a week, but I don’t know if that is still going on. She must make her primary income from her store, because she is not that diligent with her youtube, only posting once a week usually, and her views aren’t that great to justify posting so little. She was able to get status as a permanent resident in Korea, for which you need to prove you make over a certain income, so she must be doing alright.

melissah
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by melissah »

I think she is trying to be Korean a lil bit but it's hard to avoid trying to conform when you live somewhere.

Actually I live in Asia and I find my dress sense conforming to the local style, plus I've stopped wearing fake tan b/c my skin tone is actually acceptable here lol.

melissah
Debater
Debater

Post by melissah »

Annevic wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 5:07 am
Is this mutant still going on? Looks like she's been stung in the face several times :|
Damn, cruel! I think she looks good although you can tell she's had work. I also think she seems like a nice person...

Alye
Learner
Learner

Post by Alye »

paperbag wrote:
RaraAvis wrote:I stumbled on her videos on YouTube and just want to know how she makes money in Korea and to pay for her boob job...? She’s living a nice life for a foreign expat, it seems...
Boob job was sponsored.
She makes money from Youtube and from her online store. She also does some media appearances, enough that she has (had?) a manager. She used to be on a public broadcast educational show once a week, but I don’t know if that is still going on. She must make her primary income from her store, because she is not that diligent with her youtube, only posting once a week usually, and her views aren’t that great to justify posting so little. She was able to get status as a permanent resident in Korea, for which you need to prove you make over a certain income, so she must be doing alright.
They have a points based option now, which from my understanding is what she took. You have to get at least 80 points on things like age, education, Korean proficiency and, yes, annual income but she would score high enough on other levels that her annual income wouldn't need to be very high to gain the points needed. Here's what I calculated...

Age range 30-35 (I believe she's 30 Korean age)- 25 points
Bachelors degree (I don't know what type she got but lets say Arts which gets you the least amount of points)-26 points
Korean language ability (she said in a video she was either grade 5 or at grade 4 and working toward grade 5. Lets say she reached grade 5 before applying- 18 points
Korean integration and immigration program (she mentioned in a video that she was taking it) - 10 points

Even not taking annual income into account she is on 79 points. She just needs 1 point for annual income to qualify. You get 1 point for earning less than 20,000,000 won. Thats not even US$16,000.

Post by Guest »

her man is... not cute. they don't seem that compatible to me. he doesn't seem to be very warm either.

Alye wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:47 pm
paperbag wrote:
Boob job was sponsored.
They have a points based option now, which from my understanding is what she took. You have to get at least 80 points on things like age, education, Korean proficiency and, yes, annual income but she would score high enough on other levels that her annual income wouldn't need to be very high to gain the points needed. Here's what I calculated...

Age range 30-35 (I believe she's 30 Korean age)- 25 points
Bachelors degree (I don't know what type she got but lets say Arts which gets you the least amount of points)-26 points
Korean language ability (she said in a video she was either grade 5 or at grade 4 and working toward grade 5. Lets say she reached grade 5 before applying- 18 points
Korean integration and immigration program (she mentioned in a video that she was taking it) - 10 points

Even not taking annual income into account she is on 79 points. She just needs 1 point for annual income to qualify. You get 1 point for earning less than 20,000,000 won. Thats not even US$16,000.
that's interesting. I didn't realize the economic requirements were so low. well good for her to have made her plan to settle in korea and then worked towards it.

Twerkin4dbirkin
Learner
Learner

Post by Twerkin4dbirkin »

Off topic. I don’t know what she’s done but her face looks weird. There was a period where she was really pretty but now she just looks weird.

micemicebaby
Learner
Learner

Post by micemicebaby »

I'm really bored of her trying to push her husband more into her content. He doesn't have the personality to be in front of camera (I say this as someone who is also really shy and unsuited for those kinds of things.)

He seems supportive of her career and working out goals, but my god, has the personality of a brick.

BLAHscent
Learner
Learner

Post by BLAHscent »

micemicebaby wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:47 am
I'm really bored of her trying to push her husband more into her content. He doesn't have the personality to be in front of camera (I say this as someone who is also really shy and unsuited for those kinds of things.)

He seems supportive of her career and working out goals, but my god, has the personality of a brick.
It's for the clicks :roll: :roll: :roll: The stans want to see every aspect of her life, and she thinks that by pushing him in front of the camera, people will be happy. The thing is, they'll want more and more, until no boundaries are left.
She said it in many of her past videos "you asked for this" "you asked me that" etc.

I think it's hard to have a personality when you don't understand half of what the other person says on camera. :( I'd be the same as him, in his shoes.
She really needs to take a step back, and decide just how much of her personal life she wants to share, and then to stay stop to what she doesn't want to share. and her viewers need to learn how to respect her decisions.
I blog @ [url=http://obscurejourney.com/]ObscureJourney.com[/url] at least monthly.
Please go check my other site as well, obscureoblige.over-blog.com. Thank you. <3

SpycyHawtteaDrips
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by SpycyHawtteaDrips »

Guest wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:23 am
Boob job was sponsored.
This is what I always found mystifying about her channel. It seems like she got work in Korean media maybe, but her actual work always seemed really ambiguous.

Return to “#-E”