Aja Dang

happygolucky
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Aja Dang

Post by happygolucky »

I used to love Aja and was so supportive of her journey but I agree with everything here. Now she seems to ride on this wave of moral superiority and judgement towards people who make different lifestyle choices. I'm all for advocating for your beliefs but some of her stories on IG are just her shaming other people lol. And I love how she publicized Brian cheating on her on her old blog and now even in their relationship Q&A's they never answered any questions about it. Brian has insinuated that they went through a really hard time about 4 years ago and made it through the cheating I guess.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Looks like Aja is done with her student loan debt. I'm happy for her - that was a lot of money paid off in a short period of time. I've enjoyed watching this financial journey and I have to say I found the actual call portion of the video to be really genuine. I remember receiving my letter informing me I was done. Felt good.

fairydust
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fairydust »

It’s great she paid it off but I hope for her kids sake she teaches them from her mistake. Don’t do shit you don’t have the money for like getting two degrees from private unis when you can go to a public school or community college and transfer. Like shit dude. $100k for a masters in journalism?? It’s over now and I hope she actually has more interesting content (because tbh the journey was boring and low key meaningless when she spent so much money all the time despite the debt), but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:love2: I did not come to play with you hoes. I came to slay. :love2:

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

I am really happy for her. I wonder if she's actually going on the Dave Ramsey show for debt free scream? I feel like he wouldn't let her on because she didn't follow his steps

timesnewroman
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman »

Pretty happy for her too lol the debt hurts vid was cringey but her music videos always are to me haha. I enjoyed the journey I loved the transparency she had the whole way, yeah she spent $$$ money on misc things sometimes but I live for hearing how ppl spend their income, good and bad, and as someone who has student loan debt as well it's personally interesting to me. That type of debt is so common and unavoidable these days so I'm always open ears to tips and relatable experiences

Does dave ramsey only let ppl who 100% follow his steps do the debt free scream? I remember shay butler did the debt free scream as well and he def didn't follow it to a T. Aja didn't as well but she implemented a couple of his rules in her payoff (like debit cards only and snowball)
Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Yeah - the one really great thing Aja did was be radically transparent about her finances. She didn't hide spending that viewers might criticize - she definitely excused it at times ("I was feeling sad so I bought stuff - was it good? No. Did I do it? Yeah) but it was all in the spreadsheets. Like, she she put her budget online for anyone to read and evaluate for two years.

I dunno. I think she could have been more frugal at times but on the other hand her job is being an influencer and model. Like, you're gonna spend money on skincare and beauty - it's weird but eyelash extensions are a business expense when your job is being professionally attractive.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

4k/month in rent? Jesus Christmas. That gives me anxiety. I get that they're both high income earners but that's ... a lot.

gossipy locks
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by gossipy locks »

What happened to her fitness journey? She did two videos and then...nothing? Wasn't it supposed to be a six week thing?

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Aja has got to be one of the most unlikable people I've ever come across. Re: My 2020 Financial Trackers video. Getting up in the camera, holding her financial tracker book up and moving her head while saying, "You guys have seen this, this is now complete BiTcHeS." Fuck off and get over yourself, please. :roll:

I'm genuinely baffled as to why she's being hailed as a financial queen anyway. It's easy to pay off $150k and fast when you have easy influencer money rolling in. That's not an accomplishment and nothing to be giving herself a pat on the back over- she SHOULD be knocking out that debt. That's just being an adult and taking care of your responsibilities? :roll:

But yeah I just can't stand her attitude. Like publicly bitching about Aasics "not paying her," then her dumb followers went and harassed them on social media. So incredibly unprofessional, I can't. She already had lawyers involved, and it's not like Aasics just didn't want to pay her for a job, the company that they hired her through went under i.e. the company owed her money and wasn't paying her. She's one of those bitter people who thinks the world owes them something.

treetown_squirrel
Debater
Debater

Post by treetown_squirrel »

snuffy777 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:00 am
Aja has got to be one of the most unlikable people I've ever come across. Re: My 2020 Financial Trackers video. Getting up in the camera, holding her financial tracker book up and moving her head while saying, "You guys have seen this, this is now complete BiTcHeS." Fuck off and get over yourself, please. :roll:

I'm genuinely baffled as to why she's being hailed as a financial queen anyway. It's easy to pay off $150k and fast when you have easy influencer money rolling in. That's not an accomplishment and nothing to be giving herself a pat on the back over- she SHOULD be knocking out that debt. That's just being an adult and taking care of your responsibilities? :roll:

But yeah I just can't stand her attitude. Like publicly bitching about Aasics "not paying her," then her dumb followers went and harassed them on social media. So incredibly unprofessional, I can't. She already had lawyers involved, and it's not like Aasics just didn't want to pay her for a job, the company that they hired her through went under i.e. the company owed her money and wasn't paying her. She's one of those bitter people who thinks the world owes them something.
The only reason I keep dropping in on her videos at all is because she is/was a woman talking so openly about her finances-- kind of hard to find in "modern" women, anyway. Especially with the Dave Ramsey crowd you tend to find a lot of evangelical women talking about how they couponed themselves out of debt while raising six kids. That's hyperbole but still, as a single woman making decent money that enjoys hearing about how other women handle their money once they're out of debt, not easy to find.

That having been said-- her attitude does get to me. She isn't forced to do what she does-- she could go out and get a salaried job if she doesn't like the inconsistency of her checks. I'm surprised she continues to get hired for anything speaking that openly about how angry she is at "not getting paid," when most of the time it seems like she's just not getting paid on her ideal timetable.

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

If the payment delays bother her sooo much she should require shorter payment terms for work. Obviously this will really limit brands who want to work with her. You can't have it all...

Asianlilkim13
Learner
Learner

Post by Asianlilkim13 »

gossipy locks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:29 pm
Asianlilkim13 wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:55 am
I stopped following her because of something relatively trivial. She posted an insta story once when she was moving out of her apartment, and she showed how she didn't leave a roll of toilet paper or anything in the house for the next tenant. She was really proud of taking the last roll of toilet paper off the hook. I derno, call me ridiculous, but I always leave toilet paper (even just a few rolls), some clean sponges, some dishwashing liquid for the people who move in after me, just in case their luggage goes astray or they can't find their toilet paper amongst their boxes. I made a comment about that and she replied with "good for you". For someone who portrays this nice/wholesome persona, she can be quite the bitch LOL
That's hysterical! I would never think to leave toilet paper for the next tenant. And whenever I've moved anywhere, I always bring toilet paper in a separate bag with other things I'll immediately need as I get to unpacking. Anyone who would pack all of their toilet paper in a box must be new to the whole adulting thing and they can make a quick trip to 7-11 (etc) for supplies so they can learn their lesson, lol. Plus any apartment I've lived in has always done a final walk through and you're not supposed to leave anything behind. Honestly I think it's weird you would feel compelled to tell her about your dismay in her taking her toilet paper with her as if she's a bad person for doing so. Her "good for you" reply was perfectly appropriate given the conversation you were trying to have.
Things must be different here in Australia. I've never had anyone take everything away from the house, including toilet paper. Oh wells. Different strokes for different folks.

treetown_squirrel
Debater
Debater

Post by treetown_squirrel »

Asianlilkim13 wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:51 pm
gossipy locks wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:29 pm
That's hysterical! I would never think to leave toilet paper for the next tenant. And whenever I've moved anywhere, I always bring toilet paper in a separate bag with other things I'll immediately need as I get to unpacking. Anyone who would pack all of their toilet paper in a box must be new to the whole adulting thing and they can make a quick trip to 7-11 (etc) for supplies so they can learn their lesson, lol. Plus any apartment I've lived in has always done a final walk through and you're not supposed to leave anything behind. Honestly I think it's weird you would feel compelled to tell her about your dismay in her taking her toilet paper with her as if she's a bad person for doing so. Her "good for you" reply was perfectly appropriate given the conversation you were trying to have.
Things must be different here in Australia. I've never had anyone take everything away from the house, including toilet paper. Oh wells. Different strokes for different folks.
I can see shades of Dave Ramsey in Aja and this toilet paper debate is one of those DR-vibe things to me. I could care less if she takes or leaves it but considering her income it's not something that's really, actually saving her money so I can see why it would rub people the wrong way. If Aja made $20k a year and framed her taking the toilet paper as "even something this small makes a difference in my budget", then sure. But when you're capable of pulling in six figures a year... it just comes off tacky to even point out that you're taking it. No one has become a millionaire by taking the TP with them when they leave an apartment.

makemeasquare
Informer
Informer

Post by makemeasquare »

Her new budget is very enlightening - actually seeing the adsense values is ... enlightening. I mean an extra 1-2k/month isn't nothing - and I'm sure she's also approached for brand deals because of her audience - but it's kind of fascinating to see real dollar values.

She makes a good-ass net income.

heelerms
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by heelerms »

Small thing, but I don't understand how she's able to contribute to a Roth IRA when she makes way more than the income limit for it.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

So... anyone else is wondering why she's marrying that loser? She can do so much better.

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

qwerty888 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:04 pm
So... anyone else is wondering why she's marrying that loser? She can do so much better.
I think (lol to use a financial term :lol: ) it’s: Sunk-Cost Fallacy. She’s been with him so long that she probably believes she can’t start over and that she deserves a wedding because she’s invested so much time and energy into the relationship.

However…that being said…in my opinion, she’s not innocent or necessarily better. I actually think she’s a bit manipulative. She totally uses him financially and emotionally. Financially, she uses him as a way of splitting expenses/sometimes covering entire expenses (one example of many: he paid for her dog’s surgery, back in the day, before they were even that serious). Let’s face it, if she was single and wasn’t splitting rent/bills, it would’ve taken her twice as long to pay off the debt. Emotionally, I think she likes the ego boost of being “out of his league” and the control that comes with that. It’s also a form of validation on a life checklist to go around saying you’re “married with kids,” so he’s just a placeholder.

qwerty888
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by qwerty888 »

What are everyone’s thoughts on the wedding? I still think she’s settling big time for him.

nalipap
Informer
Informer

Post by nalipap »

qwerty888 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:39 pm
What are everyone’s thoughts on the wedding? I still think she’s settling big time for him.
I can't really say anything about the settling-part because.. why do people feel that way? Because they find him unattractive? (honestly interested in ppls takes) because he was and is quite successful with his dancing right? And while Aja looks BOMB and seems to be smart and business-savvy ( I guess?), for the longest time she seemed to be on the .. lower end of influencers?

What I DO think about the wedding though is.. while I usually really enjoy Ajas content, her wedding stuff started to annoy me at some point. Not because I mind wedding-oriented content, but because she seemed to sometimes have somewhat of a pick me girl-attitude towards it. not being that much into wedding stuff is obviously fine and I'm sure she even said that she doesn't think bad about other women who are super excited about getting married and that that's just not her, but.. the way she always carried herself (different / just thinks of the wedding in business-terms) to her audience and her like.. doubling her budget and having all these extra expenses just tell very different stories.

idk why but that annnnnnnoyed meeeee

Rosie34567-2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567-2 »

WTF. She uses a collar like this on her dog?! Unacceptable.
And she keeps justifying it by saying a "professional" helped guide her...um, I have a really hard time believing (what is that, a Mini Poodle mix? Bichon?) needs a spiked choke collar...it's not a deranged Pitbull. If your dog won't heel properly, then pick a better dog trainer. It's never okay to injure your dog (or threaten injury) into submission.
Screen Shot 2023-01-01 at 7.09.01 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “#-E”