Ropes Of Holland / Lindsey Holland

leesa_l
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ropes Of Holland / Lindsey Holland

Post by leesa_l »

Starting this thread! After watching Lizzy (shotfromthestreet) and getting so tired of her contradictory and unrelatable behaviour I decided to give her mate Lindsey a try. After sitting through two very pointless videos I felt compelled to discuss because it’s just as bad and irritating!

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Re: Ropes Of Holland / Lindsey Holland

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Thanks for creating this! She doesn't have much to offer, so we'll see how active this thread gets ;)

I've never watched her videos, but have perused her blog. What irritates me from the get-go is that she starts every post with "Hello, you lot". She probably thinks it evokes a kind of "down-to-earth Northernness", but to me, it just sounds rude, like if you addressed people with "Hey bitches."

burritobaggins
Learner
Learner

Post by burritobaggins »

Lizzy and Lindsey are both as bad as each other in my opinion. On social media they both like to remind everyone that they’re northerners and so down to earth and a right laugh but I bet when they’re alone behind closed doors they’re total bitches and make fun of people who aren’t as tall/skinny/wealthy. I just get a stuck up vibe and “we’re better than you”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

I can't put my finger on why she's so unappealing. She pretty much copycats Lizzy and all those other minimalist bloggers' style, but ends up looking really boring. And for someone so tall and slim, she looks awkward and ungraceful in photos.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

She is quite down to earth in the sense that she moved out of London to somewhere more in the country and near family. She dotes on her little niece obviously. I have a feeling she wants to start a family herself soon, hence the move. She does not really stand out for me in a fashion sense but she still manages to secure sponsorship deals. And her boyfriend is 'normal', with a proper job etc. The only thing that grinds on me is her laugh. And particularly the way she and Lizzy seem to be giggling uncontrollably when they are together. It feels a bit immature.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

Oh and she actually has a proper profession, physiotherapist. So in that sense she is also different: when this influencer thing does not work anymore she can just go back to that and provide for herself. So much more sensible than say Lizzy.

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

She's just so BORING! I've tried to watch her vlogs and this woman has zero personality, less so than other influencers.

leesa_l
Learner
Learner

Post by leesa_l »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:03 am
Thanks for creating this! She doesn't have much to offer, so we'll see how active this thread gets ;)

I've never watched her videos, but have perused her blog. What irritates me from the get-go is that she starts every post with "Hello, you lot". She probably thinks it evokes a kind of "down-to-earth Northernness", but to me, it just sounds rude, like if you addressed people with "Hey bitches."

I agree, it almost comes across as condescending to me like ‘you lot’ as if we’re just a bunch of people sitting here waiting for her to post something.

leesa_l
Learner
Learner

Post by leesa_l »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:52 pm
I can't put my finger on why she's so unappealing. She pretty much copycats Lizzy and all those other minimalist bloggers' style, but ends up looking really boring. And for someone so tall and slim, she looks awkward and ungraceful in photos.
For me she lacks any sense of genuine personality. Everything is recycled from Lizzy - book recommendations, films, fashion etc. I don’t feel like she has any real interests, she does what everyone else does. I think someone hit the nail on the head in Lizzy’s thread calling her ‘white girl basic’

kas85
Learner
Learner

Post by kas85 »

I don’t know how she’s making a living from her current job. She’s got very little to offer.

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

kas85 wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:08 pm
I don’t know how she’s making a living from her current job. She’s got very little to offer.

Which is why I was surprised when she gave up her job as a physical therapist to pursue blogger thing fulltime. Like, what? From what I see, I don't get the sense that she's super passionate about fashion or has an original point of view, so it's difficult for me to respect her choice.

leesa_l
Learner
Learner

Post by leesa_l »

It feels like she did it because everybody else did. Her posts lack any substance, detail or real passion for what she is actually showing, so I get the sense she just followed the herd. Everything is always ‘I love this [insert gifted item here] so much’.

Crazyinlove88
Learner
Learner

Post by Crazyinlove88 »

I met her once and she was absolutely lovely, seemed proper genuine. Her clothes / style don’t relate to me as she’s so slim she can pull off anything!

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

Oh geez, her blog is another one of those annoying layouts with gigantic photos that won't even fit in the browser. WHY?

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:19 pm
kas85 wrote:

Which is why I was surprised when she gave up her job as a physical therapist to pursue blogger thing fulltime. Like, what? From what I see, I don't get the sense that she's super passionate about fashion or has an original point of view, so it's difficult for me to respect her choice.
She's mediocre at best, and doesn't seem to be pulling in the sponsored work like her friends do. It seems like she gets invited on press trips because of who she knows rather than the quality content she creates.

kas85
Learner
Learner

Post by kas85 »

Watching her LA video. How is she affording this trip?

People like her make me wonder if I’m just not totally getting how much money these influencers make, even the small ones. I earn a good amount of money but I couldn’t just suddenly decide I’m going to spend a week in LA next month and fund it.

faceface
Talker
Talker

Post by faceface »

kas85 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:58 am

People like her make me wonder if I’m just not totally getting how much money these influencers make, even the small ones. I earn a good amount of money but I couldn’t just suddenly decide I’m going to spend a week in LA next month and fund it.

Also just watched it, well in fact, fast-forwarded through it because that vlog was about absolutely nothing: her rambling at fast-speed as if she is on something and content wise just about some shopping, eating and the inside of their hotel room with Lizzy in the background.

leesa_l
Learner
Learner

Post by leesa_l »

snarkvark wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:16 pm
meowmeowbeans wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:19 pm
kas85 wrote:

She's mediocre at best, and doesn't seem to be pulling in the sponsored work like her friends do. It seems like she gets invited on press trips because of who she knows rather than the quality content she creates.

You’ve hit the nail on the head here. My flat mate works in PR and says whenever they’ve worked with Lindsey and a lot of those kinds of people the return in investment (the numbers, sales, etc etc) is really bad.

The content is pretty low grade. It’s the same poses over and over, so it has got to be who she knows.

leesa_l
Learner
Learner

Post by leesa_l »

faceface wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:10 am
kas85 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:58 am

Also just watched it, well in fact, fast-forwarded through it because that vlog was about absolutely nothing: her rambling at fast-speed as if she is on something and content wise just about some shopping, eating and the inside of their hotel room with Lizzy in the background.
I don’t know if I can bring myself to watch anymore vlogs. How many times did she say ‘alright you lot’?

meowmeowbeans
Talker
Talker

Post by meowmeowbeans »

I was actually surprised that she didn't come across as annoying as I expected. I was also surprised to see how pretty she is without makeup; for some reason her choice of makeup makes her look a lot older. But overall, yeah, pretty boring vlog, and did she really need to show her and Lizzy's drunken shenanigans? I realize this was a personal trip, but it was so unprofessional. If your friend wouldn't post that kind of content on her own channel, it's bad form to show that side of her on yours.

Return to “P-U”