Well well well. The twins have their own topic so why not one just for Alex? :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/xxYourPalAlxx

Girltyler
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Alexandra Demartino

Post by Girltyler »

I suppose riding the YouTube coattails of her sisters aren’t paying off. Extrology has been out a day and not even to 2k views.

MissForever11
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by MissForever11 »

followng

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

following
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

notreb6
Lurker
Lurker

Post by notreb6 »

Sorry for everyone who already saw my little Alex rant, but it's definitely better suited on her own thread than Niki and Gabi's, so for anyone who didn't see, I'm reposting it here!

I have to get this off my chest- first of all, Alex is not nearly as annoying as the twins, and can actually be funny because she commits to what she is playing. She can play dumb comedic characters in a humorous way. However, her theatre schtick is the laughing stock of the century. She was in a community theatre production of RENT and acted like it was a professional production (I have nothing against community theatre btw, but it's VERY amateur). When in RENT she posted pictures of her doing "character work" aka watching the movie with a pencil and paper- you're KIDDING me! Every time she posts a singing video she legitimately sounds terrible. She is never in the right key- constant key switches, and her acting is atrocious. She really did ruin their X Factor audition because she couldn't sing!

She posted a video singing a Jesus Christ Superstar song forever ago and it was HILARIOUSLY bad in all aspects. Empty fake breathing acting (a pet peeve of mine), fake deep "I'm feeling things!!! omggg!!", strained off key voice. I ACTUALLY can't believe that even 12 year-olds comment telling her she's a good singer. She also posted a Shakespeare monologue at one point and for a Shakespeare geek who studied it in profusely college it was appalling. I have an acting degree and acting/singing is my career professionally and I just can't wrap my head around how confident she is about her voice. Anybody can learn how to sing, I believe this wholeheartedly, but she is so unaware of how far her voice has to go. She actually thinks she has a Broadway voice with a straining piercing "belt". It reminds me of when I was 15 years old and starting theatre for the very first time, and was constantly belting and thought I actually sounded good when I look back now and can hear how bad it was even though I was getting lead roles in high school (high school just needs a semblance of talent). If Alex auditioned at the professional theatres in my city I can't imagine the way the directors would talk about her once she left, if they did at all beyond sending secret eye-widening glances to each other. I still remember a video she posted telling a story of how in high school the teachers told her she wasn't getting cast cus she couldn't sing, and how appalling that was because now she's a professional singer who has been in "professional musicals" (community theatre). The teachers had it right.

I also want to reiterate that Alex has some chops and I actually think she could make it in an industry because the industry is so random. I think she could easily be the committed crazy film girl who's always the comedic role. Besides the fact she sometimes overplays big characters and doesn't find their genuine motives, she really has something there, because there's a reason she stands out in the NG skits. But the musical theatre thing where she has to sing, sometimes act serious, etc... she is trapped in a 15 year old's world of being convinced she is good when she's alarmingly awful.

NLB
Lurker
Lurker

Post by NLB »

Isn’t is Alessandra DeMartino? And Alex is just for short ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oscarwilde
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Oscarwilde »

Does Alex have a YouTube Channel?

Brune
Informer
Informer

Post by Brune »

Oops sorry for the mistake in the name.

Yes she does have a channel I linked it in the first post.

Return to “#-E”