Brooklyn and Bailey Pt. 2 - Baylor Brats

Post by Guest »

Continued from this thread > viewtopic.php?f=186&t=20318&start=1075

For primary discussion of twins Brooklyn and Bailey Mcknight, the cutegirlhairstyles channel and The McKnight family in general.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Brooklyn and Bailey Pt. 2 - Baylor Brats

Post by 123xyz »

Woo! Finally!

Anyway, Mindy managed to make her already bad outfit worse by shoving those horrible childish clips that B&B sell in her hair.

On the bright side, she discussed mammograms and her benign breast tumor on IG stories, which is probably one of the few mature things she's done in awhile. Good

blacksheep95
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by blacksheep95 »

My thoughts exactly.

The older her children get, the more immature she seems.
I should probably be working...

Post by Guest »

Those hair clips are huge and I'm seeing them in all the local shops in the UK, so they must be a "thing". They look dumb.

KittyKax
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by KittyKax »

I have a friend with a 13-year-old daughter and I asked her if those clips were a "thing" right now and I guess they are. I think they look stupid but maybe that's just me getting old haha.

Itgirlmx
Learner
Learner

Post by Itgirlmx »

They are a big deal now! That trend was started by high fashion influencers last season. In my country, they are sold out everywhere. I think it was a smart move.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

KittyKax wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:58 pm
I have a friend with a 13-year-old daughter and I asked her if those clips were a "thing" right now and I guess they are. I think they look stupid but maybe that's just me getting old haha.
I think the main reason why they look stupid is that Mindy is a grown ass 40 year old, and B&B and young adults.

Clips look cute on little girls, especially something big, flashy, and sparkly since they're just a kid, but on these grown adults they look stupid.

I guess it was smart for B&B since they have such a young clientele , but they need to find a better model than a mother of 6 and themselves.

Post by Guest »

the Christians and Mormons are dragging them for their latest video lol

Just a few of the comments (too lazy to screencap)

- Leviticus 19:31 ESV
“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God. (they liked this one lol maybe by mistake)
- This is very demonic, you shouldn't have let this into your life, I don't normally say stuff like this but I'm really disappointed
- Brooklyn and Bailey, please become Christians if you aren't if you don't want to then that's okay but can you at least consider it and think about it, please don't ignore me and please reply
- I thought yall were Christian?
- If you both know what the bible says about this, why you did it 😕?
- Honestly I don’t agree with this video. I’ve been watching these twins for about 4 years now & haven’t really commented on their videos. I understand their beliefs & they’ve supposedly stated their Christians/Mormon.
I don’t understand then why they’re getting their future read to them by a physic, rather than trusting in God for their future.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but these videos are really unhelpful for Christians watching, as it’s confusing to state something, but act differently for views on a video. Sorry if I’m coming across harshly, I’m only trying to help you understand how you’re coming across. I spoke to my parents, & they also believe it’s unhelpful for someone to promote Christian values, but act otherwise.
I’m sorry if this comes across wrong, but I just found this video really unhelpful.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Anyone got a TLDR of what the psychic said?

menene
Debater
Debater

Post by menene »

It seems like Brooklyn was the one who got the idea of living separately in two rooms. Great job Brook! We got you, Bailey basically does not shut up, it's not a surprise that even her twin sister is done with her now!

katylr5
Learner
Learner

Post by katylr5 »

paperbag wrote: the Christians and Mormons are dragging them for their latest video lol

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God. (they liked this one lol maybe by mistake)
- This is very demonic, you shouldn't have let this into your life, I don't normally say stuff like this but I'm really disappointed
- Brooklyn and Bailey, please become Christians if you aren't if you don't want to then that's okay but can you at least consider it and think about it, please don't ignore me and please reply
- If you both know what the bible says about this, why you did it 😕?
- Honestly I don’t agree with this video. I’ve been watching these twins for about 4 years now & haven’t really commented on their videos. I understand their beliefs & they’ve supposedly stated their Christians/Mormon.
I don’t understand then why they’re getting their future read to them by a physic, rather than trusting in God for their future.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but these videos are really unhelpful for Christians watching, as it’s confusing to state something, but act differently for views on a video. Sorry if I’m coming across harshly, I’m only trying to help you understand how you’re coming across. I spoke to my parents, & they also believe it’s unhelpful for someone to promote Christian values, but act otherwise.
I’m sorry if this comes across wrong, but I just found this video really unhelpful.
I mean, none of them are wrong. I was shocked when they posted about it on their story because I’d just learned about how Christians aren’t supposed to follow these things the night before with the Newman center. I cannot believe their parents (especially Shaun, who seems the most faithful of their family) allowed them to do this. For views. Talk about throwing everything you’ve ever believed away for a buck.
And yes, Mormons are not Christians. While they do believe in “Christ,” their Christ is different from the actual Biblical Christ, they do not believe in the Holy Trinity (aka the backbone of Christian theology), among other things.
But honestly, the fame and college life is probably getting to their heads at this point and they are likely rejecting their faith.

Purplepandas
Talker
Talker

Post by Purplepandas »

I wish they had shown is more of the physic talking instead of just telling us what she said.

emilynxlan
Learner
Learner

Post by emilynxlan »

I’ve learned more about Mormons in this thread than my entire life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrmilo
Debater
Debater

Post by mrmilo »

ChibiAngel wrote:
paperbag wrote: the Christians and Mormons are dragging them for their latest video lol

- If you both know what the bible says about this, why you did it Image?
Wait until they realize Mormons aren't Christian.

(Magical underwear, temple sealings, a baptismal tub with bison under it, callings, polygamy (LDS), endowment, baptism for the dead.)
773438.jpg
Garment.jpg
Brigham-City-Temple-Sealing-Room.jpg

Let’s not make this thread about bashing religions please.

But while we’re here, I must say, you are ill informed on the religion. A “Christian” is someone who worships Jesus Christ. The LDS church is based around Jesus Christ and worshipping Him.

1) we don’t believe in “magical underwear.” These are reminders of promises we made to God in the temple- to be good people. Honest. Kind. And to follow Him. They hold no magical powers. We call them garments.

2) Temple sealings are just sealing (or marrying) a husband and wife for time AND eternity. We believe families can be forever, not just in this world.

3) First off, they’re Oxen. Twelve of them to symbolize the twelve tribes of Israel. This reference is frequently found in scriptures. In Ancient Israel, an ox (or bull) is a symbol of strength.

4) “Callings” are just volunteer positions within the church for our weekly meetings. This keeps things organized. They are optional, non paid, and you are not pressured to have one. You could be a teacher, the librarian, or even just watch the young children. It’s just to help out your local congregation.

5) The mainstream LDS Church stopped practicing polygamy in 1890.

6) Endowments. A fancy word we use to describe how, while in the Temple, we make promises to God, such as following His son, Jesus Christ. The garments are a reminder of these promises made.

7) Baptisms for the dead are performed in the Temple. We believe we can be baptized on behalf of those who have already left this earth. We also believe they then have the choice to either accept or reject the gospel of Jesus Christ.

And yes, you posted pictures of inside our temples. These aren’t secret things. Rather sacred. They are special to us. I have had the opportunity to be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity in the Temple (in a room very similar to the last photo you posted). And because of that, if we live a faithful life, following God and Jesus Christ, we believe we will be able to be with our family forever.

So again, I ask that we not talk religion anymore. And please. The McKnights do plenty of weird, outlandish things. But let’s let people worship as they please and respect their beliefs- even if they differ from our own. No one is forcing you to be a “Mormon”.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Did anyone see Shaun's latest IG post. He clarified in the comments how/why the twins are graduating early:

1. AP Credits
2. They did dual enrollment at a CC their senior year of high school
3. They took courses at CC's over winter break and summer (which explains the confusion over why they were showing themselves doing school work over break and being stressed over it).
4. Both of them will solely be graduating with one major and no minor. They are both in the entrepreneurship major.

mrmilo
Debater
Debater

Post by mrmilo »

katylr5 wrote:

I mean, none of them are wrong. I was shocked when they posted about it on their story because I’d just learned about how Christians aren’t supposed to follow these things the night before with the Newman center. I cannot believe their parents (especially Shaun, who seems the most faithful of their family) allowed them to do this. For views. Talk about throwing everything you’ve ever believed away for a buck.
And yes, Mormons are not Christians. While they do believe in “Christ,” their Christ is different from the actual Biblical Christ, they do not believe in the Holy Trinity (aka the backbone of Christian theology), among other things.
But honestly, the fame and college life is probably getting to their heads at this point and they are likely rejecting their faith.
And just to clarify this comment (I also cannot edit my original response, so apologies for the double post), we do believe in God the Father, His son, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost. We just believe they’re three separate beings rather than one being.

mrmilo
Debater
Debater

Post by mrmilo »

ChibiAngel wrote:
mrmilo wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:00 pm
ChibiAngel wrote:

Wait until they realize Mormons aren't Christian.

(Magical underwear, temple sealings, a baptismal tub with bison under it, callings, polygamy (LDS), endowment, baptism for the dead.)

773438.jpg

Garment.jpg

Brigham-City-Temple-Sealing-Room.jpg

Let’s not make this thread about bashing religions please.

But while we’re here, I must say, you are ill informed on the religion. A “Christian” is someone who worships Jesus Christ. The LDS church is based around Jesus Christ and worshipping Him.

1) we don’t believe in “magical underwear.” These are reminders of promises we made to God in the temple- to be good people. Honest. Kind. And to follow Him. They hold no magical powers. We call them garments.

2) Temple sealings are just sealing (or marrying) a husband and wife for time AND eternity. We believe families can be forever, not just in this world.

3) First off, they’re Oxen. Twelve of them to symbolize the twelve tribes of Israel. This reference is frequently found in scriptures. In Ancient Israel, an ox (or bull) is a symbol of strength.

4) “Callings” are just volunteer positions within the church for our weekly meetings. This keeps things organized. They are optional, non paid, and you are not pressured to have one. You could be a teacher, the librarian, or even just watch the young children. It’s just to help out your local congregation.

5) The mainstream LDS Church stopped practicing polygamy in 1890.

6) Endowments. A fancy word we use to describe how, while in the Temple, we make promises to God, such as following His son, Jesus Christ. The garments are a reminder of these promises made.

7) Baptisms for the dead are performed in the Temple. We believe we can be baptized on behalf of those who have already left this earth. We also believe they then have the choice to either accept or reject the gospel of Jesus Christ.

And yes, you posted pictures of inside our temples. These aren’t secret things. Rather sacred. They are special to us. I have had the opportunity to be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity in the Temple (in a room very similar to the last photo you posted). And because of that, if we live a faithful life, following God and Jesus Christ, we believe we will be able to be with our family forever.

So again, I ask that we not talk religion anymore. And please. The McKnights do plenty of weird, outlandish things. But let’s let people worship as they please and respect their beliefs- even if they differ from our own. No one is forcing you to be a “Mormon”.
Mormonism is still on topic and relates to the family.
A “Christian” is someone who worships Jesus Christ. The LDS church is based around Jesus Christ and worshipping Him.
A Christian believes in the sanctity and wisdom of The Holy Bible.-

[The Book Of Mormon] is not The Holy Bible.

Interested persons wanting to further read up on the difference between Mormons and Christians can do so here: https://www.namb.net/apologetics-blog/c ... istianity/

5) Polygamy is still actively practiced in sections of the LDS community today.

7) Baptisms in absentia. The dead can NOT give informed consent and to have a person non-voluntarily baptized Mormon after death is beyond disrespectful because it completely disregards the person's spiritual choices made while they were still alive. (To be atheist, agnostic, hindu, buddhist, jewish, christian...etc.)

This article is from 2017 https://religionnews.com/2017/12/21/mor ... t-victims/
The ceremonies first drew public attention in the 1990s when it was discovered they were performed on a few hundred thousand Holocaust victims, which Jewish leaders condemned as grossly insensitive.
The posthumous baptizing of Holocaust victims reopens Jewish wounds from being forced in the past to convert to Christianity or face death or deportation, Jewish genealogist Gary Mokotoff said.

The LDS Church believes in the Bible AND The Book of Mormon. We read and believe in both. We believe the Book of Mormon is a continuation of the Bible.

If polygamy is being practiced, they are not in the mainstream Mormon church. Yes, there are break away sects that do practice it, but the LDS Church DOES NOT PRACTICE POLYGAMY. Please stop spreading those lies.

We believe that even after death we have agency. Hence why we believe even after performing ordinances for the dead, they can still decide for themselves to accept or reject the gospel.

You can quote or link any story or article you want, but I’m telling you the facts about the LDS Church.

Why is it that namb.net is the end all of whether or not someone is Christian? We worship Jesus Christ. He is the center of our church. Hence, we are Christians.

It is one thing to talk about Mormonism, but it is another to throw out complete misinformation.

Just because you don’t believe something doesn’t mean it’s not true. And on the reverse, just because WE believe something doesn’t mean you have to. But for goodness sake, can we not make this thread about bashing someone’s beliefs? Stop throwing out random google searches like they’re facts and have some respect.

Also, LOL at you coming here, acting like you’re all knowing of a religion, bashing it, then peacing out but being completely willing to continue to spread misinformation via PM. Image Image Image

I’m not sure why you’re so bitter about the LDS Church, but it is not a pretty look. You don’t see people bashing other religions on here (and you’re an active participant in many threads), so I’m not sure why you think it’s appropriate or okay to do so with Mormonism. Live and let live.
Last edited by mrmilo on Thu May 02, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

If you have any doubt that Mormons consider themselves Christian, just look at the family vloggers walls. Almost every one has a painting of Jesus somewhere.
Not bashing. They may worship differently, but I believe they refer to Jesus as "our Lord and savior"
I'm bowing out of this one now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Hannahbsays
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hannahbsays »

mrmilo wrote:
The fact that they're LDS is relevant to their lives, so is fair game to talk about. Generally, I don't think it's a bad thing to question religion/beliefs, you can still be Mormon, but it allows people to make an informed choice (especially kids who are brought up religious from birth and thus have had very little say)...

I find https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/ quite interesting...
I structure my day by cups of tea.

mrmilo
Debater
Debater

Post by mrmilo »

Hannahbsays wrote:
mrmilo wrote:
The fact that they're LDS is relevant to their lives, so is fair game to talk about. Generally, I don't think it's a bad thing to question religion/beliefs, you can still be Mormon, but it allows people to make an informed choice (especially kids who are brought up religious from birth and thus have had very little say)...

I find https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/ quite interesting...
Talking about religion is fine. It’s when bashing begins and misinformation is spread it becomes a problem.

There’s a respectful way to talk about things. Definitely question things. Learn about things and decide for yourself. We have agency. But if you’re going to do so, at least be informed with correct information. Many of the exmormon or antimormon information out there are just lies. I’m definitely not saying the people in the LDS church are perfect. But there are many bitter people out there. The same can be said for many other churches/religions out there.

I just don’t want the Brooklyn and Bailey GuruGossiper thread to become only dissecting the Mormon religion rather than how the religion relates to them. That is what I meant by “...I ask that we not talk religion anymore.”

It seems as though ChibiAngel or whatever the user name is has some weird vendetta on the church.

Just be respectful, that’s all I’m asking. Respect other people’s views, beliefs, ideas, etc., even if they don’t align to your own. And don’t spread slanderous lies.

Return to “Brooklyn and Bailey”