It's the Donnelly's and their Disney Discount (part 2)

Re: It's the Donnelly's and their Disney Discount (part 2)

Post by Guest »

I think Annie and Katie both have their strengths and weaknesses. Katie tries a lot harder to "fit in" while Annie can just do what she pleases and the stans will flock to her. Annie's also more laid back than Katie most of the time. She also doesn't constantly seek validation from peers like Katie does. But Katie is 100 times stronger mentally than Annie. She gets handed bs and deals with it accordingly, while yes, Annie whines and complains. And as basic as Katie is, she does have her own unique interests and sticks to them, while Annie is just into whatever is popular. We also have to remember that it was Katie who broke Annie out of her shell, so if it wasn't for Katie, Annie wouldn't be nearly as in the spotlight as she is. These two girls have just drifted. It was bound to happen after spending nearly every waking moment together until the dispute in summer 2017. And that dispute was definitely between Billy and Jill/Mike. Because Katie (mom) is still good friends with Jill. Also, not to get too off topic, but Mia Dinoto and her family don't talk to the Donnellys anymore either. Something went down with them a while ago too. And surely enough Billy is still good friends with Mia's parents. Just weird.

All the stans are freaking out waiting for the vlog with Annie and Katie. I'd laugh if neither group filmed anything outside of the sponsored video. And yes, I doubt they really spent much time together after filming. The girls have nothing in common anymore. This was solely filmed for $$$. And to take advantage of the stans obsessive nature.

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by reality04 »

Summer time is almost here so any guesses as to what Disney vacations are happening for the Donnelly's in the next few months?

AlexVause
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by AlexVause »

reality04 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 am
Summer time is almost here so any guesses as to what Disney vacations are happening for the Donnelly's in the next few months?
It's crazy to me that they still do them. Brennan is way too old and it surprises me that Katie who acts so super cool all the time is on board with Disney (no pun) still. And honestly I think Ryan has been to so many Disney cruises, I doubt he'd be sad if they were to go on a different brand of slave trading polluting vessel.

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

AlexVause wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am
reality04 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:49 am
It's crazy to me that they still do them. Brennan is way too old and it surprises me that Katie who acts so super cool all the time is on board with Disney (no pun) still. And honestly I think Ryan has been to so many Disney cruises, I doubt he'd be sad if they were to go on a different brand of slave trading polluting vessel.
Obviously Jill lives for any type of vacation so she's on board. Brennan's going to be 17 later this year, I find it really hard to believe he wants to be on a Mickey Mouse cruise every few months. It's not like anything is different on the Disney Magic either. Aside from a few renovations and themes, they take the exact same vacation each and every time. Ryan wants to travel and see the world, but that's hard to do when you try and fit in as many countries as possible on a week long cruise

Post by Guest »

I'm 100 percent certain it will be another Disney cruise. Don't know where, don't know when, but I bet another one is coming very soon. But it may not be as bank-breaking as the last one though... lol

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I would think that having a house full of teenagers now would make them less interested in a Disney Cruise. I mean I love Disney. I wouldn't put an age limit on Disney, but I do think that other cruise ship brands offer more exciting entertainment than Disney. Royal Caribbean has some great ships with crazy water slides and lots of pools, zip lining, wall climbing, golfing, basketball courts, ice skating and on board shopping and dining and arcades along with more teen appropriate activities. All of that of course is based on ship you sail and of course certain ships only sail certain places. I know that Oasis of The Sea's one of Royal Caribbean's largest ships and included large pools, zip lining the length of the ship and huge wall climbing. I think that was one of my favorite ships. They also offered really awesome dining more than just the dining rooms and deck buffet's.

I think when you've done a Disney cruise however many times they have, it gets boring. Because everything is Disney themed including the movies they show and the activities they do and I can imagine a 15 and almost 18 year old can only do so much Disney Park trivia before they wanna jump overboard. The only bonus to sailing multiple times with the same company is that you get frequent sailor perks. Like early booking and exclusive onboard perks.

But if they are only vacationing because they get a huge discount on the DCL, I would probably be annoyed. It would be nice for Jill and Mike to consider that they no longer have little kids and maybe Disney everything is not their vibe right now and sailing something with more exciting age appropriate activities would make for much happier kids. But who knows. My theory is that cruising is what you make it and who you do it with. What fun is going to any trivia game by yourself? Especially if you're shy and don't like to talk to people. So it really depends. Even a great ship could be boring if you can't find someone to do exciting things with.

My mom and sister were the last ones I sailed with and they both were more into reading on the balcony and I wanted to explore the ship, go sun bathing, ride the surf waver and the water slide and neither of them were into that so I did 99% of things alone. Even though I had fun, I think it would have been a better time if they were into spending time together than just sitting on the balcony reading. So really the experience of any vacation is more about who you go with than where you go or what you do.

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

I know and I'm not saying Disney is bad or that you suddenly can't enjoy it as a teenager. I also don't believe cruises are bad, I know many people who enjoy that type of vacation. However, when you consistently go on the same boat, the repetitiveness seems like it would get to you and make you want to venture off to something new. They obviously love to travel, but I don't necessarily think cruise ships are their thing anymore, or at least Disney Magic cruises. Focusing on one place and getting to experience the culture and lifestyle seems more Ryan's style, and I believe they only take cruises because it's familiar to them and not because they really want to.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

reality04 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:43 pm
I know and I'm not saying Disney is bad or that you suddenly can't enjoy it as a teenager. I also don't believe cruises are bad, I know many people who enjoy that type of vacation. However, when you consistently go on the same boat, the repetitiveness seems like it would get to you and make you want to venture off to something new. They obviously love to travel, but I don't necessarily think cruise ships are their thing anymore, or at least Disney Magic cruises. Focusing on one place and getting to experience the culture and lifestyle seems more Ryan's style, and I believe they only take cruises because it's familiar to them and not because they really want to.
Cruises can be good and bad depending on the person. The best thing I think about cruising is that everything is included and paid for upfront. A Disney Cruise even with a discount will cost much or more than any other company you might sail with. Disney is often time twice or three times more than any other cruise and you may not get as many perks. I think really unless you are a huge disney fan, you wanna be emersed in the Disney culture, maybe run into characters in the hallway, go to dance parties with Mickey and Minnie, then go for it. But paying $1,500 for a tiny cabin with no window for the same cruise you coulda got on a Carnival or RC for $400, is kinda ridiculous if you are not into the Disney atmosphere and really these people are no Tim Tracker. They are not Disney fanatics.

The problem with cruises is that you only get X number of days or hours at any given port. If you are on a short cruise, that may mean you are only at a certain port for that day and you are without travel. Also any offshore excursion you might want to do, you have to pay for. Also there are a few add-ons onboard that are not included in the initial payments. Things like drinking, spas and fancy meals onboard and also shopping will be charged to you at the end of the trip and you pay for any excursions onboard beforehand if you are booking through the ship or on site if you choose to explore on your own. So really cruises can be limiting if you are more into the destinations rather than the journey.

It really depends on what you want from your vacation. I liked that for the most part you paid for most food beforehand and it's really all you care to enjoy. There is no shame in eating chicken nuggets, a hamburger, a plate of fruit and several plates of pasta and calling that "lunch" not too mention that being out on the open waters can be extremely relaxing. Watching the sunset over the ocean is amazing. But if they want to explore cultures and destinations, I agree that cruising isn't the best option. In that case I would backpack. I would love to explore Japan and sleep in capsule hotels. But you can't really do that on a cruise. Plus cruises can be limiting on where they sail to and from. So you have to work with their itinerary rather than being free to make your own.

Red99
Informer
Informer

Post by Red99 »

Jill and Ryan definitely enjoyed Europe more than Mike I would say. So I can not imagine another European cruise for the family. All the family also love hot weather and tanning so it makes more sense to not do Europe if you want those things.

I am amazed they haven’t been to Hawaii yet as it would suit them down to the ground.

shortstop
Learner
Learner

Post by shortstop »

55 mins until flight leaves and still at home. That stresses me out.

When I was younger if there was an adult riding in the car they always sat in front.

lmmomSD

Post by lmmomSD »

shortstop wrote:55 mins until flight leaves and still at home. That stresses me out.

When I was younger if there was an adult riding in the car they always sat in front.
All the bitching about delayed flights "I don't know why!" Maybe watch the news?
Think about the people suffering through the weather and losing everything to a tornado?
They are SO oblivious to anything outside their bubble of privilege.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

I was thinking because all the kids in the comments of the video of Jill and Katie getting ready to go to California about Annie and Katie reuniting, but neither of them posted pictures together. They share a small bts sneak peek and giving away the fact that they saw each other. But do you find it weird that neither of them shared any photo shoot inspired pictures together?

I would say for two girls who post themselves with their friends all the time, neither of them doing that says that they have moved on. I know the kids will never understand that. But Annie posts pictures of her posing with Jayden and Anna and Lilia all the time. So wouldn’t she post pictures of her with Katie? Katie also posts posed photos of her and her friends. So it would make sense that they would at least post a photo together. But nothing.

Post by Guest »

At the time of me writing this post, the new Bratayley vlog comes out in about 5 minutes so we'll see just how "close" Annie and Katie were when filming this sponsored video. If they even vlogged it. I'm betting on that they did but who knows. They kept Annie and Katie's friendship status in the dark for over a year so they love torturing the minions. And it's so obvious that they just aren't close anymore. I really don't understand how the minions can't see that. Delusion? Yes probably.

And that dash to the airport was ridiculous. It doesn't hurt to sit down and plan the trip fully in advance. For as much as Jill travels, why does she suck at it lol? She claims she loves the adventures it brings but really, acting stupid and naive to bring on "adventures" is idiotic. Just plan for your trips better. No need to be running around trying to accomplish 101 things if you just sit down for 5 minutes and plan things through. I don't travel as often as when this family does but when I do, I'm quite organized. I get to the airport early and account for everything I'm bringing. I don't leave my house for the airport less than an hour before my flight leaves.

Post by Guest »

nsf5555 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:01 pm
At the time of me writing this post, the new Bratayley vlog comes out in about 5 minutes so we'll see just how "close" Annie and Katie were when filming this sponsored video. If they even vlogged it. I'm betting on that they did but who knows. They kept Annie and Katie's friendship status in the dark for over a year so they love torturing the minions. And it's so obvious that they just aren't close anymore. I really don't understand how the minions can't see that. Delusion? Yes probably.

And that dash to the airport was ridiculous. It doesn't hurt to sit down and plan the trip fully in advance. For as much as Jill travels, why does she suck at it lol? She claims she loves the adventures it brings but really, acting stupid and naive to bring on "adventures" is idiotic. Just plan for your trips better. No need to be running around trying to accomplish 101 things if you just sit down for 5 minutes and plan things through. I don't travel as often as when this family does but when I do, I'm quite organized. I get to the airport early and account for everything I'm bringing. I don't leave my house for the airport less than an hour before my flight leaves.
Update: The vlog showed Annie and Katie trying to bond over the sport neither have done in over a year: gymnastics. Whatever connection they had isn't there anymore. And Katie tried showing Annie a cheer routine but Annie pretty much shot it down. Very little in common now. And Katie also fell into a bunch of bushes that sat behind a wall she was trying to do a cart wheel on. Fantastic content (not).

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

Absolutely no "Kannie" connection in the Bratayley vlog which is fine, but they need to quit leading the Kannie fans on with stuff like that. Leave the past in the past. Don't force a connection that isn't there anymore.

Post by Guest »

reality04 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:45 pm
Absolutely no "Kannie" connection in the Bratayley vlog which is fine, but they need to quit leading the Kannie fans on with stuff like that. Leave the past in the past. Don't force a connection that isn't there anymore.
They'll force anything that stirs up the minions and brings in attention/money. And Kannie certainly brings in the attention. But yeah, whatever spark they used to have is dead. And Annie moving cross country killed it completely. I'd also love to know where Billy was in particular when Jill and Katie were there. Must be pretty awkward..

reality04
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by reality04 »

Same footage on the Donnelly's channel as on Bratayley. The footage was only taken while they were waiting for their Uber to arrive.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

reality04 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:19 am
Same footage on the Donnelly's channel as on Bratayley. The footage was only taken while they were waiting for their Uber to arrive.
Was that the only thing they did together other than film?

All the comments were about how stoked they were to see Kannie together. So now the begging will continue for them to spend even more time together. I agree the bond isn’t there. Annie treated Katie the same way she does with all her plastic LA friends. Just goofing off and making light of each other but not much to say that they would spend 7 days together again like they had done in the past.

And tbh, I can’t tell if the drifting is due to age or being so far apart. But I mean I have a friend in LA and I am in Florida and we are pretty close. So I don’t think it’s distance. Not with Skype, FaceTime, texting, etc they can do to hang out. But their worlds are so different now that I think it’s just they have nothing in common. But all the kids seem to think the light still shines just cause they could laugh for 5 minutes and bond over little things like cheer and falling in bushes.

Post by Guest »

I'd say it's got to be age related. But there are some other factors as well. Katie goes to a public high school, and Annie does online schooling at the 8th grade level (because I always used to remember Katie being a year ahead of Annie in academics). Anyway, Katie going to regular high school will expose her to things different than what Annie's being exposed to. Katie's going to school or hanging out with her friends everyday. Annie's on set or recording a new song. They're just living different lives. They find themselves in different situations. And that's just how it is. Plus, did they ever have THAT much in common to begin with, besides breathing gymnastics and wanting to live on a farm (lol)? I'm still completely convinced they only became friends in the first place because Jill wanted on the Bratayley gravy train, and became better friends when Caleb died and Katie was one of Annie's bffs at the moment besides Liv. The Donnellys lucked out...

They just don't mesh anymore. But I'm sure we'll see more soon because Jill said they're heading back to LA in a few weeks for something else so who knows. I'm sure they wouldn't even be talking anymore if the minions weren't so goddamn obsessive. Do these kids not have real friendships of their own? Do they need to vicariously live through Annie and Katie to see what that's like? I certainly think so.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

nsf5555 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:09 pm
I'd say it's got to be age related. But there are some other factors as well. Katie goes to a public high school, and Annie does online schooling at the 8th grade level (because I always used to remember Katie being a year ahead of Annie in academics). Anyway, Katie going to regular high school will expose her to things different than what Annie's being exposed to. Katie's going to school or hanging out with her friends everyday. Annie's on set or recording a new song. They're just living different lives. They find themselves in different situations. And that's just how it is. Plus, did they ever have THAT much in common to begin with, besides breathing gymnastics and wanting to live on a farm (lol)? I'm still completely convinced they only became friends in the first place because Jill wanted on the Bratayley gravy train, and became better friends when Caleb died and Katie was one of Annie's bffs at the moment besides Liv. The Donnellys lucked out...

They just don't mesh anymore. But I'm sure we'll see more soon because Jill said they're heading back to LA in a few weeks for something else so who knows. I'm sure they wouldn't even be talking anymore if the minions weren't so goddamn obsessive. Do these kids not have real friendships of their own? Do they need to vicariously live through Annie and Katie to see what that's like? I certainly think so.
Much of it was also environmental. Little kids are friends with pretty much everyone and being in such a small homeschool gym group, you really didn’t have much to pick from so you were just kinda everyone’s friend. Going back to the pre-Maryland Maryland house (the split level that Mk and Danielle moved into), there was no Katie. It was Liv and Arden that seemed to be in Annie’s crew. When did Katie even come in? Was she always in the coral girls and after the Liv incident, she just swept in? I mean they had to have something more than gymnastics in common or that spot coulda been filled by Arden who seemed to be there way longer than Katie. I could see Jill wanting the boost in vlogging fame. But I also feel like Katie got her into vlogging. But Jill seems to be going strong even though they have parted ways. So who knows. But I feel like there was something there. Because they were attached at the hip and if all they had in common was gymnastics, they wouldn’t have been able to spend 7 days together consecutively.

I agree with your comments about them being in different lives. Public high school is a way different life than the fabricated LA life Annie lives.

Return to “It's the Donnellys”