It's the Donnellys: Peace Signs and Privilege (Part three)

Dakine
Debater
Debater

Re: It's the Donnellys: Peace Signs and Privilege (Part three)

Post by Dakine »

mzkitteh wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:37 pm
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Idk if they moved or just have a summer house. I refuse To give them a click. But honestly as someone from Florida, it really is because our Governor is a total asshat. But honestly i can’t Imagine moving here while Florida is in the process of pulling a Georgia. Their self-centered Trumpian views fit perfectly here but i don’t Wanna know they are among us. I really need to move to California already. I hate it here.

SAME! I knew it wouldn't be long before they bought a house here. The privilege sure is THICK with this family.
It's a condo which they're saying will be a summer / visit Brennan house. What was Jill thinking leaving Chocolate Face in the vlog?
Katie also became state champ on pole vault. Seems to have talent, and stayed to practice so missed the big 'look at our new house' surprise.
The vlogs are about 10 days behind.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

mzkitteh wrote:
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Idk if they moved or just have a summer house. I refuse To give them a click. But honestly as someone from Florida, it really is because our Governor is a total asshat. But honestly i can’t Imagine moving here while Florida is in the process of pulling a Georgia. Their self-centered Trumpian views fit perfectly here but i don’t Wanna know they are among us. I really need to move to California already. I hate it here.
It kinda sucks cause i used to like them but they have become so unbearably selfish. Especially the last year. But even the way Katie carries herself now makes Annie look like the innocent one. Maybe the best thing LA did for Annie was open her eyes to diversity cause it’s obvious the wealthy Maryland life made it much harder for this family to see anything but their own desires. Idk what they think they’re gonna get here besides passes to Disney World (whoopie). But they really think they’re better off here. Wait til their first major hurricane. Another YouTube family moved from Southern California here and i always wonder why. SoCal seems far better than here. Minus the taxes and cost of living but they are a very well known YouTube channel and i know they make good money. So idk what they thought coming here would do. Not sure why everyone is moving here. I hate it here.

SAME! I knew it wouldn't be long before they bought a house here. The privilege sure is THICK with this family.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

Dakine wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:05 am
mzkitteh wrote:

It's a condo which they're saying will be a summer / visit Brennan house. What was Jill thinking leaving Chocolate Face in the vlog?
Katie also became state champ on pole vault. Seems to have talent, and stayed to practice so missed the big 'look at our new house' surprise.
The vlogs are about 10 days behind.
Makes sense. I can’t imagine them leaving their luxury North Eastern privilege bubble for this shit hole. What school is Brennan going to? But im sure once Ryan is out, Jill and Mike will sell the house and retire here. Even with their lux life in Maryland, the North East tends to be more liberal and they’re too Trumpian to fit in there. Florida’s governor is just another Trumpster bitch, but it feels like most of the populated cities hate him. So his days are numbered. Maybe we will pull a GA.

Dakine
Debater
Debater

Post by Dakine »

Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:30 am
What school is Brennan going to? But im sure once Ryan is out, Jill and Mike will sell the house and retire here.
I expect them full time in FL once Katie graduates. Ryan will be happy to move.
Brennan is going to FSU. He was on Senior week with friends at a beach house last week. Still to be seen on the vlogs.

What do you all think about Katie staying at Cayden's when they were in FL, and Cayden then going on vacation to NJ with them?

The family don't seem as annoying as before, but maybe it will change again.

lip
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lip »

I usually skip the vlogs just to watch the parts with Katie. - It's nice to actually see her doing sports again.

Lisatheacrobat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Lisatheacrobat »

lip wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:37 pm
I usually skip the vlogs just to watch the parts with Katie. - It's nice to actually see her doing sports again.
What happened to cheer? Or is she doing both?

mzkitteh

Post by mzkitteh »

Dakine wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:36 pm
Lisatheacrobat wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:30 am
What school is Brennan going to? But im sure once Ryan is out, Jill and Mike will sell the house and retire here.
I expect them full time in FL once Katie graduates. Ryan will be happy to move.
Brennan is going to FSU. He was on Senior week with friends at a beach house last week. Still to be seen on the vlogs.

What do you all think about Katie staying at Cayden's when they were in FL, and Cayden then going on vacation to NJ with them?

The family don't seem as annoying as before, but maybe it will change again.

No surprise, he's travelled with them before. I'm a bit surprised that Mike was ok with his daughter staying at her boyfriend's place. But... I mean he does look like he could be related so I guess no need to worry. I'm sure the joke has run its course, but he really DOES look like he could be family.
.......meow.......

Dakine
Debater
Debater

Post by Dakine »

Latest video is very interesting. The nice Katie is back, the sensible girl from the OG bratayley vlogs. She mentions wanting to work for things, not just be gifted cars etc from her parents. She also says she can't access money until her 18th birthday, so it seems Mike and Jill were smart at the height of their yt fame and gave the kids trust funds. Katie got permission to withdraw money so she was able to pay for the Jeep, that was a birthday surprise, herself.

QueenPeen69
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by QueenPeen69 »

i was surprised to know katie paid for her car herself. smart move for her, not so much jill and mike seeing as now they can’t take her car away as punishment. she does seem to be more levelheaded now with the more recent videos i’ve seen. i feel like she’s just chillin’ being a “normal” teenager doing typical high school kid stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yellowrobot
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by yellowrobot »

Obviously, it's great that Katie technically paid for the car herself, but it strikes me as a little odd that Jill and Mike consider that a birthday present from them, you know what I mean? They took money out of her trust fund to buy her a car ... it's a little weird that the present is the permission to withdraw her own money early to buy herself a car.

lily12345678
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by lily12345678 »

Ryan’s comments at the end of today’s vlog really didn’t sit right with me — obviously they’re patriots which isn’t abnormal but it’s starting to seem a little nationalistic. “Two time world war champs” etc. Pretty insensitive. They’re trumpies so I’m not surprised but I hope the kid gets educated at some point in his life.

Caroline Westbrook
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Caroline Westbrook »

lily12345678 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:37 pm
Ryan’s comments at the end of today’s vlog really didn’t sit right with me — obviously they’re patriots which isn’t abnormal but it’s starting to seem a little nationalistic. “Two time world war champs” etc. Pretty insensitive. They’re trumpies so I’m not surprised but I hope the kid gets educated at some point in his life.
wait their trumpies that would certainly explain alot also i can't believe ryan said that obviously his family's influence is rubbing off him

TheLoneStranger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheLoneStranger »

yellowrobot wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:51 pm
Obviously, it's great that Katie technically paid for the car herself, but it strikes me as a little odd that Jill and Mike consider that a birthday present from them, you know what I mean? They took money out of her trust fund to buy her a car ... it's a little weird that the present is the permission to withdraw her own money early to buy herself a car.
Jill mentioned in a later vlog that they pitched in money too.

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

does anyone else get rly annoyed when katie uses that high pitched baby voice?? i’ve been noticing it a lot ever since she started dating caden but i’m just curious if anyone feels the same as i do

youtube_obsessed842
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by youtube_obsessed842 »

TheLoneStranger wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:47 pm
yellowrobot wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:51 pm
Jill mentioned in a later vlog that they pitched in money too.
A lot of parents choose to operate their kids' trust funds like this. Technically, yes it is "her money" but not to use at her disposal. There's a huge misconception that trust funds have some kind of finite release date, such as when both parents have passed away for when the child reaches a certain age. This is true in some situations but in others the trust fund is used as a sort of safety net tool over time. Katie wouldn't otherwise have access to that money since she's still too young, so it's up to her parents to manage it effectively and with purpose, with the end result being Katie benefits in some way. Simply put the trust provides more options for Jill and Mike to give Katie great opportunities now and in the future. It will help with her college tuition, buying a first home, etc - major milestones in life yet to come for her.

While the car is unnecessary and simply a vain material item, they did nothing wrong by utilizing the trust to make it happen for Katie. After all it's a rite of passage to buy/receive a car at that age and she's a good kid. The make/build of the car was actually meaningful to her and you can tell Jill and Mike put a lot of thought into the whole thing instead of just handing her a Mercedes or something.

Dakine
Debater
Debater

Post by Dakine »

"Hey @FSUAdmissions any thoughts on incoming freshman Brennan Donnelly shouting racially charged insults at a child as his family cheers him on? " FSU replied "Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've passed it on to our Director of Admissions."

The vlog said Brennan was to get some credits in a community college in FL first. They must have changed the plans as he moved into dorms. His roommate seems a good kid - their first meeting was Jill Vlogging as he was trying to sleep. I wonder why she uses her phone not the camera these days?

TripTrop
Learner
Learner

Post by TripTrop »

I find it so weird that Billy's mom commented "Ok they look alike lol" on Katie's recent Instagram post.

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

TripTrop wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:14 pm
I find it so weird that Billy's mom commented "Ok they look alike lol" on Katie's recent Instagram post.
not just her, 99% of the comments are about them looking like twins or “caden looks like brennan” or “siblings or dating??”. i feel bad for those 2 because they probably feel really awkward about always getting comments like that. they’re obviously aware that people think they look alike because they’ve addressed it before on YT and on katie’s insta and tik tok. i just hope that it doesn’t affect their relationship because they both seem really happy together

Dakine
Debater
Debater

Post by Dakine »

Katie (and Cayden) trying for the USCGA. She says it's her first choice school, think it would be great for her.

kittycat2
Informer
Informer

Post by kittycat2 »

anyone know what their posting schedule is?? i feel like their vlogs are getting more and more behind because a lot of stuff that you see on insta doesn’t get shown or talked about in the vlogs til a few weeks later.

also, i feel like the vlogs are out of order. for example, we just had katie getting an x-ray done and then in the next vid, the vlog starts out with ryan, jill, and mike in FL with no mention of katie at all or why they’re even down there. there’s definitely some missing context.

(i don’t check this site often so i apologize if this has been brought up already)

Return to “It's the Donnellys”