General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 3

BriningLikeDon
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 3

Post by BriningLikeDon »

Dang, how many videos is she going to wear that green plaid shirt in.
Formerly ORgirl89

Toast
Talker
Talker

Post by Toast »

I agree with y'all who said it was off-putting that she kept saying "you won't find a bag like mine." Very obnoxious.

Post by Guest »

One simple thought: Why would anyone possibly give a sh*t about your new purse? So narcissist. I especially hated when she did that operatic "awwww" when she first introduced it in a previous video.

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by PrncssProtnPowdr »

I know this is the trash section, and I am not trying to completely defend Tiffany, but I do think she is being judged a bit harshly. Most of us have one material interest that we're passionate about. My best friend stalks ebay for vintage Barbie dolls and has spent a small fortune on them. I don't get it myself, but that is what makes her happy and that is her thing. My mom is the same way with fine china. One of Tiff's loves is designer stuff. When she calls her Chanel an investment piece I don't think she expects to become a billionaire by reselling it one day. She probably thinks that it is a good "investment" because she can use it forever. If she is selling old bags, so what? How many times have we just "needed" something so badly and then ended up not wearing it or liking it a year later? It isn't like she is selling family heirlooms or her wedding band on ebay.

All that being said she should consider using her TiffanyDTV channel for fashion hauls because there are probably a lot of people who don't really care about those (even though she probably thinks that beauty and fashion interests go hand in hand), and I can see how an overabundance of them kind of comes off as bragging and maybe a bit much.

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:I know this is the trash section, and I am not trying to completely defend Tiffany, but I do think she is being judged a bit harshly. Most of us have one material interest that we're passionate about. My best friend stalks ebay for vintage Barbie dolls and has spent a small fortune on them. I don't get it myself, but that is what makes her happy and that is her thing. My mom is the same way with fine china. One of Tiff's loves is designer stuff. When she calls her Chanel an investment piece I don't think she expects to become a billionaire by reselling it one day. She probably thinks that it is a good "investment" because she can use it forever. If she is selling old bags, so what? How many times have we just "needed" something so badly and then ended up not wearing it or liking it a year later? It isn't like she is selling family heirlooms or her wedding band on ebay.

All that being said she should consider using her TiffanyDTV channel for fashion hauls because there are probably a lot of people who don't really care about those (even though she probably thinks that beauty and fashion interests go hand in hand), and I can see how an overabundance of them kind of comes off as bragging and maybe a bit much.
I don't mind that Tiffany owns expensive, nice things. I have always believed that if you have the money to buy what you want, buy it. If you earn money, you should be able to do with it what you want. I own 8 Coach bags and 1 Michael Kors bag. No, they aren't as expensive as Chanel or LV but they are still expensive. So I get wanting nicer things that last longer.

My biggest problem (and most people's biggest problem) with her is that she comes off as showy and braggy about everything. Everything she posts about comes off like "I own this but you never will" kind of manner. She never talks about how blessed that she is. And I don't even mean that in a religious sense. But she never says that she is thankful for what she has. It's all about show. All the time. She's not humble. And that's the problem. She is not relateable to anyone because she acts like she is better than everyone.

I follow a bunch of people on youtube and IA, so I know you can be humble and show your things off without coming off like a selfish bitch. And IMO, that's how she comes off.

Also, what's wrong with doing one giveaway on a bag or makeup that she no longer wants or has never used? She doesn't have to give them out like crazy, but once a year would be nice. I have given expensive bags away that I no longer wanted because I think it's nice to give every once in a while. I would go crazy if I was as vapid as her. </rant>

roselee
Talker
Talker

Post by roselee »

I remember when she did seem humble, yearss ago. She seems to have now forgotten the meaning of the word. Unfortunately, she has more than enough people on Instagram/YT comments that feeds her what she needs to fuel that addiction. The addiction to buy & brag then recieve praise from people who say they wish they can have her things. It's all so very sad, & vomit inducing. You can see it in her face when she raises up a new designer bag or shoes to the camera. She has this snotty grin like- look what I have! When she's off of the internet world, with no one praising her anymore, she sits alone in a room of cold things. (Well unless her "presh" dog or "honey" is in there lol)

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

roselee wrote:I remember when she did seem humble, yearss ago. She seems to have now forgotten the meaning of the word. Unfortunately, she has more than enough people on Instagram/YT comments that feeds her what she needs to fuel that addiction. The addiction to buy & brag then recieve praise from people who say they wish they can have her things. It's all so very sad, & vomit inducing. You can see it in her face when she raises up a new designer bag or shoes to the camera. She has this snotty grin like- look what I have! When she's off of the internet world, with no one praising her anymore, she sits alone in a room of cold things. (Well unless her "presh" dog or "honey" is in there lol)
I wonder if it's all just a big contest with the 'friends' that she does have? Are they constantly trying to out-dress and out-decor each other?

And her blog post about her office/Sitting room could be really pretty but she has SO much going on in there. It's black and white. Then it's gold added in. Then it's the blue and white decor. She tries too make things work that just don't work together. Ever heard the expression "less is more?" I don't think she has.

I do like the new paint color and her Prada sign and desk. The girl has the makings to do elegant. But she shoves so much into one room that it takes away from it.

She also says that they use this room quite often. Not sure I believe that one. I think it's just a pretty room for guests to look at from the dining room....

I so wanted to link to http://www.livelovediy.com/ on this last blog post and tell her to take some tips because Virginia does wonders. And she does them buying thrift store and craigslist items. Most importantly she is humble, down to earth, and very relateable!

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Post by Regina Phalange »

ashlibrooke83 wrote:
roselee wrote:I remember when she did seem humble, yearss ago. She seems to have now forgotten the meaning of the word. Unfortunately, she has more than enough people on Instagram/YT comments that feeds her what she needs to fuel that addiction. The addiction to buy & brag then recieve praise from people who say they wish they can have her things. It's all so very sad, & vomit inducing. You can see it in her face when she raises up a new designer bag or shoes to the camera. She has this snotty grin like- look what I have! When she's off of the internet world, with no one praising her anymore, she sits alone in a room of cold things. (Well unless her "presh" dog or "honey" is in there lol)
I wonder if it's all just a big contest with the 'friends' that she does have? Are they constantly trying to out-dress and out-decor each other?

And her blog post about her office/Sitting room could be really pretty but she has SO much going on in there. It's black and white. Then it's gold added in. Then it's the blue and white decor. She tries too make things work that just don't work together. Ever heard the expression "less is more?" I don't think she has.

I do like the new paint color and her Prada sign and desk. The girl has the makings to do elegant. But she shoves so much into one room that it takes away from it.

She also says that they use this room quite often. Not sure I believe that one. I think it's just a pretty room for guests to look at from the dining room....

I so wanted to link to http://www.livelovediy.com/ on this last blog post and tell her to take some tips because Virginia does wonders. And she does them buying thrift store and craigslist items. Most importantly she is humble, down to earth, and very relateable!

Couldn't agree more. She always has too much going on with her decor.

Post by Guest »

My first thought when I first saw her work area -- What work?? Taking swatch pictures?

roselee
Talker
Talker

Post by roselee »

Becca6779 wrote:My first thought when I first saw her work area -- What work?? Taking swatch pictures?
Editing away at those OOTD posts too. It's hard work! :P. I sometimes wonder if she has a tripod set up in her back yard, or she has the poor pooch balancing a camera in it's teeth. Haha. Imagine a passerby witnessing her awkward posing and weird expressions to try to look like a candid modeling picture.... all alone holding a Chanel in heels.

JaJa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by JaJa »

Did you catch what lolamarie7 tweeted about tiff this morning??

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

JaJa wrote:Did you catch what lolamarie7 tweeted about tiff this morning??
About Tiffany suddenly having an accent? :lol:

I know that everyone says that but she sounds the same to me. In her first videos, she wasn't as bubbly when she talked as she is now, and I think when us southerners get excited our accents really tend to fly more. :lol: Brad might have a thick accent too (I can't remember), and I know that my accent has gotten a lot thicker since I married my husband because his is pretty thick.

H8trAide
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by H8trAide »

PrncssProtnPowdr wrote:
JaJa wrote:Did you catch what lolamarie7 tweeted about tiff this morning??
About Tiffany suddenly having an accent? :lol:

I know that everyone says that but she sounds the same to me. In her first videos, she wasn't as bubbly when she talked as she is now, and I think when us southerners get excited our accents really tend to fly more. :lol: Brad might have a thick accent too (I can't remember), and I know that my accent has gotten a lot thicker since I married my husband because his is pretty thick.
I've noticed the accent too with some words. She talks more with an accent around Brad too.

I think she was cold and boring in her earlier videos back in her original closet. She didn't smile or anything but people liked her better then?
Keeping it real 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!

Post by Guest »

Albeit not as hyper-friendly, she was much more real and relatable back in the day. Not trying to put on some Act to impress viewers/feed her over-inflated self-esteem. I first saw her in her tight lining tutorial, which was the best I had found. Her character had really taken a nosedive since moving last Spring. Now it is all about "stuff."

Her sister, though not as *successful* on YT, seems like a much nicer and balanced person. I'd also be more inclined to take her advice from her as she is hair stylist. Wonder why Tiffy doesn't go to her. A good friend of mine is a hair stylist and ALL of her family/friends go to her... Even her in-laws!

PrncssProtnPowdr
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

I think most of us want a hybrid of old Tiffany and new Tiffany. More down to earth videos like her early ones with less fashion and hauls but more upbeat videos like today. I like her filming set up better now too. It is nice and bright and cheery.

Post by Guest »

... Except I can hear each and every time she swallows!:p Moreover, I find it hard to actually *see* her blush/bronzer and lip color!

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

About her swallowing - I hear it, too.

H8trAide
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by H8trAide »

Becca6779 wrote:... Except I can hear each and every time she swallows!:p Moreover, I find it hard to actually *see* her blush/bronzer and lip color!
I consider it like a smacking when she swallows, lol! It's annoying. In her comments someone mentioned her accent coming out. She says it comes out more when she is comfortable.
Keeping it real 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!

Stoneofstones
Learner
Learner

Post by Stoneofstones »

She looks like Lance Bass.

blushmeoff
Learner
Learner

Post by blushmeoff »

^baahaa!

The thing I can't stand about T is that she has steadily been exclusively talking about products that are sent to her. I feel like I'm watching Elle. Also, every link in her About section is a Reward Style link (which is easily seen using LongURL to extend the link). I wonder how much money this woman makes off of people buying these products that she doesn't even pay for.

Sometimes I wish I couldn't get jealous that a lot of these "gurus" sit around not working, getting paid to play with awesome makeup that they didn't have to save up for and buying used old lady Chanel bags off of Ebay.

Let me end my rant here! :bang:

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”