butreallyicant
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 3

Post by butreallyicant »

Meow wrote:
IGaveUpSugar wrote:I was reading through comments and someone asked her about saying she didn't buy it from eBay in the other video. She snippily responded that she didn't buy it on eBay and didn't they pay attention while watching this video. I'm confuse because I watched the vid and I too thought she was saying she bought it on eBay.
yeah I'm confused about this. she clearly said in the other video that she didn't get it from ebay - yet in this video she seemed to imply that she did. I wish she didn't talk in circles so much and just get straight to the point. I don't feel like watching the video again and trying to figure out where exactly she got it if it wasn't from ebay...which she talked a lot about in this video. confusing.

And if she didn't get it on ebay why not link to where she did. She found the bag on ebay and then bought it on another site as if that makes any difference. She makes no sense.

butreallyicant
Debater
Debater

Post by butreallyicant »

And why would the person list the item on two sites. What if both get purchased? I think she got it from ebay and is saying she got it from Vaunte to save face.

Post by Guest »

I'm super confused, she said that those bags are constantly increasing in price and that if you can buy one now you can sell it for twice as much later...well if that's true then why was that girl selling it for two thousand dollars cheaper?

H8trAide
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by H8trAide »

Ok so now that I have seen this ridiculous video...here are my thoughts.

-she starts off by saying she does not encourage you to but expensive stuff on ebay... Even though she did
-then goes on to say but this sorta just worked out.....huh?
-talks about not buying pre-owned and then says to buy used but only if you've checked it out.....???
-brags that you aren't going to find one like hers.....don't want one, but thanks for letting me know
-after saying u won't find one like hers she tells u to keep checking ebay since she did for over a yr before she found this one
-2009 is vintage??......o.k.
-went on about paying a ton of money on something used....didn't u just do that? You payed $3000 for that bag right?
-says this bag is special and different.....and why is that?
-she's really proud of it....translate to say I love showing it off

So I would NEVER pay that much for a purse! Not all that special in my opinion!
Now about this Vaunte site.....it sounds to me that she found the bag on ebay and wanted to buy it. Instead of the seller going thru ebay, she sent her to Vaunte to purchase it from her. Maybe the fee you have to pay is cheaper than ebay and the seller didn't have to go thru paypal and losing money that way too!
Keeping it real 24 hours a day 7 days a week!!

Summerbreeze13
Learner
Learner

Post by Summerbreeze13 »

I haven't even watched it. I don't care for those handbags, they remind me of something a little old lady would wear. To each their own obviously, but money can't buy you taste.

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Post by Regina Phalange »

I tried watching but couldn't finish. The way she said "you will never find the exact bag I have" was so snippy and kind of whiney. Ick :?

nocturnelle
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by nocturnelle »

collegegirl2011 wrote:I'm super confused, she said that those bags are constantly increasing in price and that if you can buy one now you can sell it for twice as much later...well if that's true then why was that girl selling it for two thousand dollars cheaper?
I thought exactly the same thing!
I really do not understand people who call bags "investment" pieces. Invest in stocks, commodities, not fashion accessories, geez.
And that bag is fugly. Do NOT understand the attraction to that old lady brick purse.

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

The video was largely unhelpful and was mostly just bragging about how she knows a lot about Chanel. I think if she was actually giving advice on buying used designer good online, she would have mentioned reputable consignment sites like TheRealReal, monitoring discount sites like Gilt, Hautelook, and so on. She also would have talked about looking for MyPoupette-approved sellers, who only sell authentic.

Her video was just to show off and be obnoxious.
nocturnelle wrote:
collegegirl2011 wrote:I'm super confused, she said that those bags are constantly increasing in price and that if you can buy one now you can sell it for twice as much later...well if that's true then why was that girl selling it for two thousand dollars cheaper?
I really do not understand people who call bags "investment" pieces. Invest in stocks, commodities, not fashion accessories, geez.
And that bag is fugly. Do NOT understand the attraction to that old lady brick purse.
I think the girl was selling the bag for 2000 dollars less than it costs right now. The seller likely paid less for it in 2009. I don't think the prices go up quite as bad as Miss Tiffy says, but the seller probably recouped a lot of her money spent.

Post by Guest »

Of course a chanel bag will hold it's value much better than a coach or juicy couture bag, but I sincerely doubt you can sell it for twice as much as you paid! I felt like she was only saying that so she could justify her purchase. I sold an authentic Louis Vuitton bag in pristine shape from the 90's on ebay and I only got half of what it was sold for originally!

KissWithAFist
Informer
Informer

Post by KissWithAFist »

BinsBinsBins wrote:The video was largely unhelpful and was mostly just bragging about how she knows a lot about Chanel. I think if she was actually giving advice on buying used designer good online, she would have mentioned reputable consignment sites like TheRealReal, monitoring discount sites like Gilt, Hautelook, and so on. She also would have talked about looking for MyPoupette-approved sellers, who only sell authentic.

Her video was just to show off and be obnoxious.
nocturnelle wrote:
I think the girl was selling the bag for 2000 dollars less than it costs right now. The seller likely paid less for it in 2009. I don't think the prices go up quite as bad as Miss Tiffy says, but the seller probably recouped a lot of her money spent.
Hautelook literally had her bag on their site for the Vintage Chanel event for $3665 if I remember correctly?

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

Rockcandy5150 wrote:I think the site she got it from was vaunte
H8trAide wrote: Now about this Vaunte site.....it sounds to me that she found the bag on ebay and wanted to buy it. Instead of the seller going thru ebay, she sent her to Vaunte to purchase it from her. Maybe the fee you have to pay is cheaper than ebay and the seller didn't have to go thru paypal and losing money that way too!
ok this makes sense. she should have been more clear about that. I swear sometimes I wish there was a TiffanyD to English google translator.

mfd
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mfd »

What an empty existence. According to her, she has spent countless hours over the years researching Chanel bags. Maybe she would feel more fulfilled by researching volunteer opportunities in her area, and possibly volunteering. I don't know, just a thought.
As for as designer bags go, I have never been a label person, so they mean nothing to me. But, if it was my thing, the only way I could justify it, would be if I had the same amount of money I paid for the item to donate to charity. There are starving people in this world for Christ's sake!

Toast
Talker
Talker

Post by Toast »

She is so nasty and obnoxious. This just put me over the edge with her. What a snobby, entitled b*tch.

And that bag is ugly. So what if it's Chanel, it's still ugly. A quilted, chained box.

roselee
Talker
Talker

Post by roselee »

On one of her instagram pictures, (The one with the fugly plaid shirt and leopard shoes lol and chanel purse) there was this comment by someone & her response:

Kmartinez - you are very into labels and designer stuff. Just curious, do you ever do any charity work or is it all about you?

MakeupbyTiffanyd- I'm from the old school belief that one doesn't talk about or broadcast the charity the give. Thats not what its about. Giving is for others and yourself its not meant to be exploited or used to give me personal praise. So you'll never hear me broadcast how much i give because its noone's business.

Well Tiffany, let me use your words against you. How about having the old school way of not broadcasting labels in everyones face. The old school way of being humble and not showing off. That's not what it's about. Buying designer things/labels should be for you and not used to give yourself personal praise. We should never hear you broadcast how much you have because it's noone's business.

KissWithAFist
Informer
Informer

Post by KissWithAFist »

Yeah, Tiff. I'll never be able to find a bag like yours. Sorry, but this is similar enough for me, heifer.

heatherweather
Debater
Debater

Post by heatherweather »

KissWithAFist wrote:Yeah, Tiff. I'll never be able to find a bag like yours. Sorry, but this is similar enough for me, heifer.

Hilarious!

Also, for the price, I think if I were desperately in need of some old lady style, I'd go for this bad boy at $24.80 from F21

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

Yes, this is classic TiffanyD double-speak. She does it all the time. All. the. time. She will literally say one thing and the next sentence say the opposite thing, hear the contradiction as she's saying it, and then ramble for several minutes trying to explain how she can keep two opposing thoughts in her head and why you should too.

I did think she said one brilliant thing that people who buy used often ignore: you shouldn't pay thousands of dollars for a used bag that shows wear and think it's okay because it's cheaper than buying new. It was the one breath of sanity in an otherwise incomprehensible video of rambling. Also, why did she keep acting like she didn't go to the Chanel boutique to have in authenticated, that she was there for another purpose? Bizarre.

I also find that bag tacky as hell. I know Chanel bags are really their own thing and not for everyone, but Tiffany's in particular looks like a cheaper version the kate spade bags that have tried to emulate the diamond-pattern, chain weave double-flap design, not the other way around.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

Man, that vid was hilarious! She says she can talk for hours how to recognize an authentic Chanel bag, then says people should look it up and do their research... Oh wait, that's right, it isn't supposed to be a helpful video. I've never understood why people get heart attacks from the mere sight of a Chanel logo, some really ugly Gucci bags and shoes, etc. Maybe it's just me, but I'm not taking these to the grave and will probably get sick of an item after a few years. And what does she do for charity really? Cleaning up her closet and donating stuff she doesn't like anymore?

mfd
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mfd »

roselee wrote:On one of her instagram pictures, (The one with the fugly plaid shirt and leopard shoes lol and chanel purse) there was this comment by someone & her response:

Kmartinez - you are very into labels and designer stuff. Just curious, do you ever do any charity work or is it all about you?

MakeupbyTiffanyd- I'm from the old school belief that one doesn't talk about or broadcast the charity the give. Thats not what its about. Giving is for others and yourself its not meant to be exploited or used to give me personal praise. So you'll never hear me broadcast how much i give because its noone's business.

Well Tiffany, let me use your words against you. How about having the old school way of not broadcasting labels in everyones face. The old school way of being humble and not showing off. That's not what it's about. Buying designer things/labels should be for you and not used to give yourself personal praise. We should never hear you broadcast how much you have because it's noone's business.
Very well put! What a cop out her response was. Translated, I think it means, "I contribute nothing to society. I am too busy feeding my ego, being overindulgent and self-absorbed."

danceinthedark
Informer
Informer

Post by danceinthedark »

roselee wrote:On one of her instagram pictures, (The one with the fugly plaid shirt and leopard shoes lol and chanel purse) there was this comment by someone & her response:

Well said from your part! What a disgusting bitch. Dick nose is probably trying to compensate for her hideous looks but according to her she would never consider plastic surgery... YEAH.... You don't need it at all..... Haha, bitch please. I think high quality Chanel replicas look better than the piece of shit she bought. Moron. It honestly looks like a bad fake from first glance!

IF SHE WAS SUCH A GIVER MAYBE SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE A GIVEAWAY WITH HER GENTLY USED MICHAEL KORS BAG INSTEAD OF SELLING IT..... I always laugh when all these youtubers (not all) claim to "love" their viewers so much but never use one cent out of their own pocket to give anything away. Funny how that works. At the end of the day you only love us because we fill your bank account. Good luck, Satan is waiting. :D

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”