General - MakeupbyTiffanyD

CMonroe

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD

Post by CMonroe »

Wee, another curly hair video. :roll: Is there another magic trick like brushing it out?...

maluca
Informer
Informer

Post by maluca »

CMonroe wrote:Wee, another curly hair video. :roll: Is there another magic trick like brushing it out?...
Or maybe using hairspray so it stays y'all!

BriningLikeDon
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BriningLikeDon »

MarnieTheMule wrote:Did she say where their moving to? Another thing LisaZ09 gave a honest and really good review of sigmas bullshit and pretty much called them out on their prices LOL and company as a whole, including "certain e/s palettes" and how they are ALL over priced fallout jokes haha. oh Tiffany I see you and sigma are not fooling that many people like Y'all thought you were. SO many people commented on Tiffany shitty palette and how she hustles their crap left and right LMAO!
No, she didn't say where they are moving to, but I'd be curious to know.
Formerly ORgirl89

BriningLikeDon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BriningLikeDon »

Wow that was the same exact hair tutorial as the last one except she curled one side toward the face and one side away from the face... of course there's people saying how awesome she is and how great of a tutorial it was.. really people!?? I just shook my head afterward....
Formerly ORgirl89

MsJacksonBates
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by MsJacksonBates »

Wow, I saw Reese Witherspoon in the title and thought that this would hopefully be an actual makeup tutorial. But of course not; just another hair curling video....

She was always my favorite guru, and I consider myself to be a very lenient person. I make excuses for the people instead of getting annoyed with them. I'm typically one of the people who is relatively defensive of Tiffany, because I don't like to think badly of anyone.

Anyway, I typically find myself rolling my eyes every time she uploads a new video. Anymore it's hair, fashion hauls, and Sigma. This last one was the first time I really thought "Are you kidding me?! You JUST did almost the EXACT same video..." So, yeah, I'm not un-subscribed yet, but it's getting to the point where nothing she posts interests me. I'm typically a "label" girl as well for a couple of brands, but I keep it to myself. I don't text all my friends and put Facebook posts up of the new item I just bought, because I probably wouldn't have many real friends much longer. At first I wanted to think that Tiffany was genuinely just excited about her "stuff" and wanted to share, but now I see the subtleties that it's more like showing off. I went through a similar phase in my early twenties, and it was mostly because I was a depressed person and buying stuff was making me happy. I still struggle with it a bit, but I only buy what I'm sure I can afford at this point. It's not much. :)

I don't want to sound like I'm passing judgment on her; I just think that she might be a relatively unhappy person. I wish her the best in that regard. However, I no longer value her opinion. Every time she "raves" about something, I wonder if she's got another Sigma-esque deal in the works.

Somethingtosay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Somethingtosay »

Oh she is definitely showing off. Why do we need to know that not only are they moving, but their current home will be an investment rental??? Ok it's not anyone's business. I am willing to bet that they tried to sell their house, but maybe no one is buying it. even with all of the updates, or decor and all. The market is still recovering. And furthermore, I highly suspect that she doesn't have many friends. Who would want to befriend someone that is a show off? I know I wouldn't. And Reese Witherspoon???? Really??? Maybe similar features, idk lol

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

1st Impressions Sigma Eye Shadows/Brow/Bases by Lisasz09

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

Remember she was hinting at doing more clothing videos in her closet? I think she was letting the world know she just got a huge walkin closet. To show off.

MakeupLover79
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupLover79 »

It's so funny that she replied to a comment in her cream blush video regarding the person saying "Finally, an honest review about something that doesn't have the word Sigma on it". Tiff's response of course started with LOL and then said out of her 400 videos she only did 4 or 5 reviews just on Sigma products. HAHAHAHA Is she really gonna lie like that? Every single video is a review about Sigma in some way or another. Gimme a break. If you're gonna lie, at least make sure people can't call you out on your stupidity

starblink
Talker
Talker

Post by starblink »

MakeupLover79 wrote:It's so funny that she replied to a comment in her cream blush video regarding the person saying "Finally, an honest review about something that doesn't have the word Sigma on it". Tiff's response of course started with LOL and then said out of her 400 videos she only did 4 or 5 reviews just on Sigma products. HAHAHAHA Is she really gonna lie like that? Every single video is a review about Sigma in some way or another. Gimme a break. If you're gonna lie, at least make sure people can't call you out on your stupidity

Maybe she meant she has only filmed 4/5 videos just on sigma alone? As in just sigma products throughout the video.

MakeupLover79
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupLover79 »

starblink wrote:
MakeupLover79 wrote:It's so funny that she replied to a comment in her cream blush video regarding the person saying "Finally, an honest review about something that doesn't have the word Sigma on it". Tiff's response of course started with LOL and then said out of her 400 videos she only did 4 or 5 reviews just on Sigma products. HAHAHAHA Is she really gonna lie like that? Every single video is a review about Sigma in some way or another. Gimme a break. If you're gonna lie, at least make sure people can't call you out on your stupidity

Maybe she meant she has only filmed 4/5 videos just on sigma alone? As in just sigma products throughout the video.
Still think she should admit that she pushes for Sigma all the time. She says she only pushes the products she likes but everytime Sigma comes out with something she raves about it. Not everything Sigma has is the best thing out there and only because she's sponsored she has to say it's the best. Lisasz09's video on Sigma was very honest even though she got the products for free. Tiffany doesn't seem honest to ALOT of us. Come to think of it, I don't think she ever did a negative review on something. Not very realistic

sugarandspice
Learner
Learner

Post by sugarandspice »

Her make up tutorials from a couple of years ago were extremely useful to me back then- they were 'wearable' but with a twist of peculiar placement or colour that added some spark to it and she was very clear in her explanation; I think this is why I made excuses for Tiffany's decline for so long. Even I at this point have to admit she does the same things over and over again- hauls, curlying hair tutorials, bland make up tutorials that look identical. I don't even really hold her Sigma sponsorship against her- I'd understand it if she put out other good quality material to balance it out, but unfortunately that's just not the case anymore.

You can tell she's really good at applying that kind of colours in that sort of placement on herself- she found a way to enhance her appearance and I understand her wanting to stick to it in real life to look her best. Point is, she should be more daring and experiment more at least in her tutorials- if you want to wear ivory and brown eyeshadows everyday because you think they suit you best go for it, but don't shove down our throats 14356 tutorials featuring exclusively those shades, pretending they look somewhat different, because they don't. I think she doesn't get that, as a make up guru, she should provide different content, more colourful looks, that compliments different features and skintones than just hers. I get the distinct feeling she sticks to what she knows she looks good in just because she doesn't want to look 'imperfect' on camera. That whole deal with brighter hued lipsticks for instance...I don't recall seeing her lately with anything other than fleshtone and light pink lips. I know she says it's because her camera 'washes the colour out' or something, but, even admitting that's the truth, it shouldn't be like that, because she freaking films make up tutorials with it- it is her duty to make sure it's as colour accurate as possible.

Shneck Ache
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Shneck Ache »

Her channel definitely needs an injection of something new. She needs to do makeup on other people, women who do not look like her. I don't understand why she won't do it, lots of gurus do.
I'm the poster formerly known as BigFatRoses

Somethingtosay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Somethingtosay »

There is a blog, this lady gives an honest review of that tiffanyd sigma palette. [url][http://mymakeupissues.blogspot.com/2013 ... r.html/url] she says that those gel liners were the worst.

beachbunny525
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by beachbunny525 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Gossmakeupartist making fun of the new Sigma "oven mitt" lol

Peachoflife
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Peachoflife »

beachbunny525 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Gossmakeupartist making fun of the new Sigma "oven mitt" lol

Hahaha I love this!!! He speaks the truth. Thank you for posting.

rollergirl614
Learner
Learner

Post by rollergirl614 »

That was hilarious!! I couldn't stop laughing. How anyone could push this product and be totally serious about it is so beyond me. If Sigma sold this for $10 then it wouldn't be such a fail, but the fact that they want $40 is just highway robbery. This just makes my dislike of Tiffany and her Sigma pushing all the more justified.

ripe_bananas
Learner
Learner

Post by ripe_bananas »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm reading all of the comments on emilynoel83's review of the stupid Sigma oven mitt and it's a firestorm! I hope this worthless piece of shit glove is the nail in Sigma's coffin! Idiots! And what will Tiffany do with herself without Sigma's lips sewn to her ass? I wonder how many subscribers she's lost from this...

MakeupLover79
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupLover79 »

It's like Lisasz09 said in her review of Sigma products. They are trying to be more like MAC but the difference is that MAC is so well established and doesn't even compare to Sigma and the fact that Sigma is pricing their products almost up there with MAC is outrageous!! They haven't even been around nearly as long. You have to earn product respect and value and until then, sorry Sigma, you've lost a customer. I was ecstatic when they first came into business and just sold cheaper MAC-like brushes. They should have just stuck with that. I think we would all agree.

BriningLikeDon
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BriningLikeDon »

Is it just me or is her instagram becoming mundane and repetitive as well? I could have sworn that she has already posted a picture of those tory burch wedges... how many times does she need to show off the fact that she has tory burch shoes... geez
Formerly ORgirl89

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”