General - MakeupbyTiffanyD

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

General - MakeupbyTiffanyD

Post by CountessOfPerth »

Any thoughts?
I really can't pinpoint an opinion of her. She's very, very unrelatable to me but I don't really...mind her for the most part. She seems kind of stiff & fake but I don't know, I keep watching her. Maybe one day I will be swayed into a particular direction.

smith2020
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD

Post by smith2020 »

yeah its weird, i feel the same way. For some reason i keep watching her even though theres something about her. And even without that 'something', whatever it is, she can be EXTREMLY boring...her favourites videos are like torture, yet i always click on them when theyre in my sub box. lol

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

smith2020 wrote:yeah its weird, i feel the same way. For some reason i keep watching her even though theres something about her. And even without that 'something', whatever it is, she can be EXTREMLY boring...her favourites videos are like torture, yet i always click on them when theyre in my sub box. lol
Haha me too, exactly! She is quite dry, for lack of a better adjective. It's obviously just her personality. She doesn't even describe products very well. Just "oh this this is so pigmented do you see that yes do you see how pigmented this is". Why do I keep clicking.

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

CountessOfPerth wrote:
smith2020 wrote:yeah its weird, i feel the same way. For some reason i keep watching her even though theres something about her. And even without that 'something', whatever it is, she can be EXTREMLY boring...her favourites videos are like torture, yet i always click on them when theyre in my sub box. lol
Haha me too, exactly! She is quite dry, for lack of a better adjective. It's obviously just her personality. She doesn't even describe products very well. Just "oh this this is so pigmented do you see that yes do you see how pigmented this is". Why do I keep clicking.
I feel exactly the same! A lot of the time I end up fast forwarding anyway. I think for me, she's somewhat just eye candy. She has a nice room, sometimes she has nice jewelry and stuff, plus her dog.

PlayKiss

Post by PlayKiss »

she transformed herself when she discovered thecurrent custom.

Post by Guest »

In T's August favorites she talked about lipsticks. I wasn't paying that much attention until she said something about liking some lipstick that has color to it versus ones that make her look dead. See video at 6:00 in. Yeah, she used the word 'dead'. I scratched my head because all her neutral, er, flesh tone lipsticks make her look dead, even the coral ones. There is absolutely no color in her lips at all!!

And then she goes on to mention having discovered Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows and another mascara that's a dupe for her beloved Armani. She likened them to winning a game because she found drugstore products she liked. I will be surprised if she mentions these products again. T doesn't seem to stick with that much in the way of drugstore products for long.

smith2020
Debater
Debater

Post by smith2020 »

abbbygril wrote:In T's August favorites she talked about lipsticks. I wasn't paying that much attention until she said something about liking some lipstick that has color to it versus ones that make her look dead. See video at 6:00 in. Yeah, she used the word 'dead'. I scratched my head because all her neutral, er, flesh tone lipsticks make her look dead, even the coral ones. There is absolutely no color in her lips at all!!

And then she goes on to mention having discovered Wet 'n Wild eyeshadows and another mascara that's a dupe for her beloved Armani. She likened them to winning a game because she found drugstore products she liked. I will be surprised if she mentions these products again. T doesn't seem to stick with that much in the way of drugstore products for long.
i know! her lips are so thin, i feel like screaming through the screen; PLEASE put on some colour!!
And it seems like its a new thing for gurus to pretend they use drugstore products, maybe they are trying to seem more relatable?
I think the reason i watch her is because i can trust her a little more than other gurus, plus shes older and a lot more mature than most, if not all of todays popular beauty gurus. Maybe thats what makes her seem boring.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

abbbygril wrote:In T's August favorites she talked about lipsticks. I wasn't paying that much attention until she said something about liking some lipstick that has color to it versus ones that make her look dead. See video at 6:00 in. Yeah, she used the word 'dead'. I scratched my head because all her neutral, er, flesh tone lipsticks make her look dead, even the coral ones. There is absolutely no color in her lips at all!!

I was thinking the same things when she was talking about the lipsticks...I was actually surprised she was wearing a non-nude lipstick in the video because her lips did not look much different than they usually do at all. I can sympathize with T in that respect, I have a very very thin almost non-existent upper lip, but I don't slather on nude lipstick to make my mouth even more invisible. I think she'd look much better with a nice warm pink or something.
Agree on the eyeshadows too. She probably just got that palette because everyone likes the Comfort Zone one & she wanted to be "different" but still on the same page with the drugstore makeup. It's so obvious she prefers high end always over drugstore though.

vumomma
Talker
Talker

Post by vumomma »

CountessOfPerth wrote:
I can't remember if she used to be a school teacher, or just went to school for that and never became one, but she act like she's talking to school children in a lot her videos. She really acts like she thinks her sh*t doesn't stink.

PlayKiss

Post by PlayKiss »

She never got a job teaching. She was going to school never finished. just have a teachers aide certificate document.

vumomma
Talker
Talker

Post by vumomma »

PlayKiss wrote:She never got a job teaching. She was going to school never finished. just have a teachers aide certificate document.
Thanks for the info. I could imagine just the type of teacher she'd be. The ones that have all those cutesy art projects, but half the children wouldn't know how to read. Imagine her teaching like kindergarteners the alphabet. "A is for Armani... Can you say Armani?" :tu:

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

So what does she do now? Just works for Sigma? What exactly does she do for them?

over-it425
Learner
Learner

Post by over-it425 »

I still try to watch most of her videos, but they always make me so sad. I just feel like she is the saddest, most pathetic guru out there. I legitimately just feel sorry for her, she seems to have nothing going for her, and this YT thing isn't going to last forever for her. But here she is, still doing her best, and it makes me feel sorry for her.

She has all these really nice things, but in the end it doesn't matter if they go untouched and unseen in the real world. She seems to just stay in her house Instagraming all of her material assets, and talking to a camera all day. What kind of life is that? Buying stuff nonstop to impress people over the internet, it all just seems so depressing to me. She does all these tutorials and she probably just wears them around the house all day....

I seriously need to find someone new to watch, someone who doesn't depress the crap out of me.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

over-it425 wrote:I still try to watch most of her videos, but they always make me so sad. I just feel like she is the saddest, most pathetic guru out there. I legitimately just feel sorry for her, she seems to have nothing going for her, and this YT thing isn't going to last forever for her. But here she is, still doing her best, and it makes me feel sorry for her.

She has all these really nice things, but in the end it doesn't matter if they go untouched and unseen in the real world. She seems to just stay in her house Instagraming all of her material assets, and talking to a camera all day. What kind of life is that? Buying stuff nonstop to impress people over the internet, it all just seems so depressing to me. She does all these tutorials and she probably just wears them around the house all day....

I seriously need to find someone new to watch, someone who doesn't depress the crap out of me.
I never really thought of it that way...you're right...
I can't believe her husband approves of all this. Although he's probably as dull as she is.

kbanana
Debater
Debater

Post by kbanana »

First time poster!
You know that lipstick she was wearing in her favorites video would actually look very pretty on her if she would actually press the lipstick down onto her lips! I hate how she talks about how great color is but she hardly lets the color show! & as for her husband, from the pictures I've seen, he looks like a clueless dumbass!

frostygirl123
Informer
Informer

Post by frostygirl123 »

i wonder what she'll be like when she has a baby. i don't think she'll be making videos as often once that happens.

yayusyall
Learner
Learner

Post by yayusyall »

I like her, but I'm not sure why. She seems sweet, but she's just so bland. It's like, her walls are beige, she's beige, her makeup is beige, her hair blends into the beige. There's nothing about her videos that pops.

Phleeb
Learner
Learner

Post by Phleeb »

I'm completely serious when I say this. And feel free to judge away. Haha. But I listen to Tiffany's videos a lot of the time to fall asleep (I fall asleep easier when I listen to people talk than when I listen to music or have no sound at all). And she's perfectly blah and uninteresting and I usually don't really care for what she's talking about anyway.

CountessOfPerth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Phleeb wrote:I'm completely serious when I say this. And feel free to judge away. Haha. But I listen to Tiffany's videos a lot of the time to fall asleep (I fall asleep easier when I listen to people talk than when I listen to music or have no sound at all). And she's perfectly blah and uninteresting and I usually don't really care for what she's talking about anyway.
LOL! That makes so much sense it's scary on Tiffany's part.

bubble
Learner
Learner

Post by bubble »

I feel the same as the majority of you. I don't hate her or dislike her even a little, I just can't relate to her because she's what, 26/27(?), married, has a house, dog etc. and I'm 20, single, a student, live at home/university etc. I like watching her videos about high end products, makes me feel like I don't NEED to go out and buy them (if you see what I mean).
I liked watching her Pretty Little Liars vlog, but that's it really. Her tutorials are so-so. And you're all right, she's rather bland and plain. A "plain Jane".

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”