-contouring videos
-"AMAZING TRICKS"

oh,please
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Re: Same boring, predictable videos

Post by oh,please »

How much does Sigma pay her - does anyone know? And does she ever post an FTC disclaimer? I've never noticed it, but it's obvious that they completely sponsor her - she's essentially their YouTube spokeswoman.

MakeupLover79
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Post by MakeupLover79 »

Her latest video is about a full face of makeup using drugstore products. Interesting that her foundation is Revlon Color stay. She used to talk so much crap about that foundation saying it's like wearing a mask, etc..... and in the new video she said she used to wear it ALL the time and just got back into it. Why can't people just be honest anymore. People can see thru the fake ones. So lame

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

oh,please wrote:How much does Sigma pay her - does anyone know? And does she ever post an FTC disclaimer? I've never noticed it, but it's obvious that they completely sponsor her - she's essentially their YouTube spokeswoman.
true dat. :D

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Look FAB in Photos! Makeup Tips

Post by lyssa123 »

Ok, I have been lurking this site for a while and finally made an account for this sole reason. In TIffany's newest video her eyeshadow is ridiculously uneven. The black in the outer V on her right eye is so much darker than on her left, and I could not stop staring at it throughout the entire video. I've noticed stuff like this with other gurus as well. Ladies, PLEASE make sure your makeup is even and blended before you film! It's so hard to take their tips seriously when they don't do something as simple as making sure their eyeshadow is even.

(I have screenshots from the video to share, but don't know how to upload them)

princessdxo
Learner
Learner

Re: Look FAB in Photos! Makeup Tips

Post by princessdxo »

One of my good friends got her make-up done by Tiffany at IMATS LA and my friend HATED it. It looked horrid. She also said Tiffany talked about herself the entire time and about how all of these companies send her things.

P.S. Tiffany's lips, or lack their of, bother the shit out of me.

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

Just realized there wasn't a need for a whole thread on this, could have just gone in the general thread. MY BAD! But, in reply to ^ I'm sort of but at the same time not really surprised. You'd think she'd have some sort of skill in doing other peoples makeup, but guess not. Her lips bother me as well, she could really benefit from lip plumper lip gloss...

CMonroe

Post by CMonroe »

And curling hair videos.

KillerBee
Debater
Debater

Post by KillerBee »

There's surely no need for a seperate thread, but I still wanted to add that I find this video ridiculous.
If she had good tipps to share she should show how to apply it. A few other gurus have done this kind of photo-videos already, and each one actually showed how to contour, how to deepen the crease and so on.
This video is wasted and senseless.

lyssa123
Debater
Debater

Post by lyssa123 »

KillerBee wrote:There's surely no need for a seperate thread, but I still wanted to add that I find this video ridiculous.
If she had good tipps to share she should show how to apply it. A few other gurus have done this kind of photo-videos already, and each one actually showed how to contour, how to deepen the crease and so on.
This video is wasted and senseless.
I completely agree, didn't learn a damn thing from it. Sorry again about making a whole thread for it!

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

emailmspat wrote:This boring tramp reminds me of a spongebob character, squidworth. Or whatever his name is... But i see him when i see her boring fluffy ass.
That is an insult to Squidward.
imma ball til the day i fall

MakeupLover79
Learner
Learner

Post by MakeupLover79 »

Does anyone know why Tiffany's general discussion thread has been locked. I'm kinda curious. Were people being too harsh? lol

justsaw

Post by justsaw »

MakeupLover79 wrote:Does anyone know why Tiffany's general discussion thread has been locked. I'm kinda curious. Were people being too harsh? lol
No, at 40 pages a thread gets locked and the next part opens.

mimi
Talker
Talker

Re: My theory on Tiffany

Post by mimi »

like her or not, tiffany is very smart. she knows how to work youtube and how to promote, without being too obvious. shes slick. i bet she spends hours a day watching videos, researching products, shopping, all to remain relevant. and shes good at it. i bet she works really hard. those are my nice comments about her. the negative: shes ok, but kinda boring and snobby and too penny pinching.

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

softkick wrote:Yet it may surprise you to hear that I have no quarrel with Tiffany, even though she is a sneaky one. She is like an animal – she is hungry. In order for her business or way to live another day she need to make a sale/view/comment/RT, and in order to make that sale she need to attract another customer. Who is that customer? YOU: The people on YouTube, twitter,Instagram and blog.

The problem I have with Tiffany is that she distracts from YOU the viewers so you cant see she is only PIMPING you for a check with IM DOING THIS FOR YOU, AND I LOVE YOU CRAP. The ratio of "things" that benefit her to the ratio that benefit YOU is wildly unfavorable to you. In fact, the ratio is not just unfavorable; it’s a shut-out. YOU DON'T BENEFIT FROM ANYTHING.

Some benefits:
Getting a whole collection of makeup that sells out quickly, clothes, house items, hair products, gift cards to order online.

She shows off her benefits

while she is displaying her monthly favorites; she is adding things that was sent to her for free.

snapping a photo for Instagram? It's usually her getting business for something. Her new home for example. She got things sent from zgalleria, rug company, and who knows. She showing off things she got for free because of YOUR HELP.

My quarrel with her is she brushes it off as though company just love her because of her looks and personality. Not. It's because of her subscribers count.

She is a walking:
commercial,
site banner ad,
junk email,
flyer
For many companies.

Don't feel less of yourself because she wears what she is worth on her sleeves.

In her head she fit in the categories as the Z Listers on the reality sitcom.

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

softkick wrote:HOW she get this far?

She mimic a few tv, internet, youtube personalities makeup, style of dress, mannerism
Lauren Conrad
Pretty Little Liar Cast
The Bachelor Contestant ( Girls )

Lorraine
Camila
MissJenFab
Michelebell21
Sarahbelle93x
And others.

She literally grabbed a room idea from the Internet when she moved from the closet to a room.

ALL YOU have to do is the same thing. We all live in a room right?

Keep it, Light, bright, shiny.

Paint
Ikea stuff
2 lights
Camera

You have the same thing.

Buy fancy tops, necklace, bracelets, earrings because you will film from waist up
Marshall
Target
Kohls
Tjmaxx
Ross
Anything on discounts

When you get a lot more hits and free product which means you will spend less on makeup because it will be sent to you for free, BUY YOUR PANTS AND SHOES to do OOTD. Sounds familiar?

Reach for the companies. You know by each video what company she is speaking for. It's not only MAC and Sigma. She want you to feel she is the girl next door. No, she is not your friend or love you.

She is a walking:
commercial,
site banner ad,
junk email,
flyer

Remember? That's her JOB.

If she would have made a video like this long ago instead of telling people "I don't know how and why this happened for me" I would've had respect for this lady. What to expect from someone who doesn't even share the limelight with her own sister. Half sister or not. She put her on her channel before. She used her just to get views and then was done with her. That my friend is Tiffany,the hungry animal.

nataliepost07
Lurker
Lurker

Post by nataliepost07 »

One of the big problems I have with her though is that she is so covered up in sigma. So I recently did a meetup at sigma, come meet me at sigma, I ordered this off sigma, this is the best sigma brush glove ever and it cleans them so well. I'm so sick of it.

lipsticklushiousGG
Informer
Informer

Post by lipsticklushiousGG »

I like her because she actually does tutorials and never does those stupid "voice over" videos. Obviously she promotes Sigma but I don't think she is nearly as bad as everyone else like E&B, Nikki, Rachel who will basically promote anything and everything.

softkick
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by softkick »

lipsticklushiousGG wrote:I like her because she actually does tutorials and never does those stupid "voice over" videos. Obviously she promotes Sigma but I don't think she is nearly as bad as everyone else like E&B, Nikki, Rachel who will basically promote anything and everything.

She promotes in all her videos because her life depends on it.

SIGMA makeup, brush, tools
MAC makeup and extras
LOREAL makeup, ipad mini and extras
LULUGEORGIA OTTOMAN, rug, ghost chair
FOREVER21 gift cards
7FAM jewelry, jeans,

the list goes on.

She just shoves it in your face by putting it on Instagram, then tell you go to everywhere else to look at it some more.

Tiffany is a sneaky little one. It's a reason fatty legs has been sitting comfortable for 5 years without leaving the house to go to a real job.

lipsticklushiousGG
Informer
Informer

Post by lipsticklushiousGG »

She doesn't get paid by MAC, she only gets the free products. I know L'Oreal has sent her stuff and she might get paid for that.

As for the ottoman, I doubt that is a promotion as much as "this is what I bought."

I didn't know she got F21 gift cards and I've never read anything about 7FAM giving her anything.

But even assuming that your list is all true, to me the difference is that those brands/products are actually not random pathetic crap. No 400 mirror or Nume or effing hair extensions. Whether she gets paid or not, at least she's more selective, IMO.

And she does more tutorials in a month than most of these "beauty gurus" do in a year. It's like everyone has forgotten that this was how they began their "YT" career and I respect that Tiffany still remembers this, even if she is capitalizing on it.

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”