Post by Deep Shave »

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General - MakeupbyTiffanyD Part 5

Post by MrsGrimes »

Well imo pushing $40 and $50 makeup is a lot different than pushing a $5000 mattress. Which she may or may not make money off of. I have no clue. Either way it's shady as shit. And she specifically didn't disclose any of that in the video.

That's why it's a big deal to me.

allforshow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by allforshow »

First of all tiffany and the other gurus are not anything like the kardashians. Most of us know that they are hired to promote crap for companies it is not a huge secret!!!! Tiffany on the other had been talking about this mattress for awhile now and never mentioned anything about working with the company...........why???? Liked I wrote earlier it may not have been a big deal if she had said she was working with them etc....now she looks like a sneaky liar using her subs for her own benefit........that is not right and what she is doing may come back and bite her in the ass!! "Karma" Thats all and yes I'm aware that all "gurus" do this however Tiffany has always stated.......that she is not like the others always tells the truth when a product is given to her etc...well ya AFTER she talks about it for months gets everyone interested etc...thinking this was done all on her own.........nope then she sneaks in on the description that is was given to her etc....she did not even SAY she is working with them!!!!!

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

I read what she wrote as because she had been talking about it that they reached out to her. A lot of youtubers do this, they mention something they want in hopes that someone will send it to them. Itsjudytime and the Shaytards are known for doing this. She gets a free product, in return, they get free advertisement. Eh, it just doesn't bother me since it's nothing new.

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

allforshow wrote:First of all tiffany and the other gurus are not anything like the kardashians. Most of us know that they are hired to promote crap for companies it is not a huge secret!!!! Tiffany on the other had been talking about this mattress for awhile now and never mentioned anything about working with the company...........why???? Liked I wrote earlier it may not have been a big deal if she had said she was working with them etc....now she looks like a sneaky liar using her subs for her own benefit........that is not right and what she is doing may come back and bite her in the ass!! "Karma" Thats all and yes I'm aware that all "gurus" do this however Tiffany has always stated.......that she is not like the others always tells the truth when a product is given to her etc...well ya AFTER she talks about it for months gets everyone interested etc...thinking this was done all on her own.........nope then she sneaks in on the description that is was given to her etc....she did not even SAY she is working with them!!!!!
THIS EXACTLY!!!!

She has been mentioning this mattress the last few pregnancy vlogs. First off, a new mattress is not a necessity for pregnancy to begin with. Yeah, she supposedly got it because of her back pain. I am a DD. I have been having Sciatic nerve pain lately. I know pain and back pain, and I am 25 weeks pregnant. Yet I am not going to go out and buy a new mattress because of it. This was not a necessary purchase for pregnancy. But whatever.

Now it is making sense that the reason she is harping on the mattress is because she is working with that company. Which would have been fine. HAD SHE MENTIONED IT in the video instead of nonchalantly placing it in her description box.

I kept wondering through out the video why she kept talking about this mattress. It's one thing to mention it in passing. But she spends several minutes 'gushing' over the amazingness of it. And she even says she is going to do a follow up on it and a blog post later on. It's freaking overkill because she got it for free and is basically working for them.

It just bothers me that she couldn't have at least mentioned that the company gave it to her for free and let them try out several mattresses. She could have included that this is her honest, non-biased opinion of it and that is why they chose it instead of being completely shady like she has been.

If it doesn't bother some of you, great. But it bothers some of us and we have ever right to post why. I've seen people get upset over less about other gurus on this forum.

Nichol513
Talker
Talker

Post by Nichol513 »

Bump

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HarperSi
Learner
Learner

Post by HarperSi »

i think it is pretty lame she wasnt more upfront about the mattress given the cost of it... but we've had the same exact mattress for about 2 yrs and we got it delivered and our old one tossed for far less than 5k, less than 4k actually i'm pretty sure, but we were also buying a new bed frame and some other stuff so I'm sure we got a good deal. I was actually wondering if thats the one she had bc it is AMAZING, i mean the reviews speak for themselves don't listen to me or tiffany. i'd be SURE AS SHT to buy it if i was pregnant, i had the worlds worst IKEA mattress before that and... yeah, i'm now a firm believer that mattresses are not where to look for bargains.

i dont see how she's going to make any money off it though. do people frequently purchase mattresses with a 5k price tag offline without ever having sat or laid or looked at it?? lol. besides like i said, furniture salesmen will cut you whatever deal they can to keep you in that store. you'd just be a giant idiot otherwise. I don't see an affiliate link to it anyway. Where are you guys getting that shes getting some kind of cut?

Meow
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Meow »

man she talks in circles sooo much. her 14 minute pregnancy vlog could have been around 6 minutes. this is almost word for word what she said about weight gain. she was trying to say "I haven't gained anything other than baby weight. my eating habits haven't changed much. I'm just trying to be healthy." instead she said:

I feel like I haven't gained weight anywhere but my belly which is nice. I haven't noticed anything in my arms or anything else. I mean your boobs get a little bigger...but not like...well for me it's not like pounds bigger you know what I mean. I don't care about gaining weight through pregnancy...I just care about being healthy and um I think so far I've put on a healthy weight so that's good. and I think it's because I've never really been the type that like if I wanted ice cream before, if I wanted to eat chips, if I wanted to eat a cheeseburger...if I wanted....you know I eat healthy pretty much I just always ate a good variety of food and ate healthy I just don't eat junk all the time but then I don't eat total health food all the time either. I just mix it up. If I want something I'll eat it. I never...I guess I'm trying to say I never deprive myself. so when I got pregnant when I wanted to eat certain different things it wasn't really that big of a difference. so I'm not really...I haven't noticed gaining any... like... you know...different weight. other than the baby weight you know what I mean. like I said I don't really care about looking different or gaining weight during pregnancy...I just want to be healthy. so um hopefully that will continue to gain like that.
:?

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

@ Meow :rofl:

Toast
Talker
Talker

Post by Toast »

Meow wrote:man she talks in circles sooo much. her 14 minute pregnancy vlog could have been around 6 minutes. this is almost word for word what she said about weight gain. she was trying to say "I haven't gained anything other than baby weight. my eating habits haven't changed much. I'm just trying to be healthy." instead she said:

I feel like I haven't gained weight anywhere but my belly which is nice. I haven't noticed anything in my arms or anything else. I mean your boobs get a little bigger...but not like...well for me it's not like pounds bigger you know what I mean. I don't care about gaining weight through pregnancy...I just care about being healthy and um I think so far I've put on a healthy weight so that's good. and I think it's because I've never really been the type that like if I wanted ice cream before, if I wanted to eat chips, if I wanted to eat a cheeseburger...if I wanted....you know I eat healthy pretty much I just always ate a good variety of food and ate healthy I just don't eat junk all the time but then I don't eat total health food all the time either. I just mix it up. If I want something I'll eat it. I never...I guess I'm trying to say I never deprive myself. so when I got pregnant when I wanted to eat certain different things it wasn't really that big of a difference. so I'm not really...I haven't noticed gaining any... like... you know...different weight. other than the baby weight you know what I mean. like I said I don't really care about looking different or gaining weight during pregnancy...I just want to be healthy. so um hopefully that will continue to gain like that.
Good lord almighty.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

But I don't get it, she sounds completely opposite when you read her blog.
For instance, I'm reading the nursery update post, and she sounds like she has a brain and an education.
What the hell happens when she starts talking? :D

peachygoodness
Learner
Learner

Post by peachygoodness »

Seriously these pregnancy videos. She spends soooo long getting to the point. It's just endless talking.

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

Part of me thinks she doesn't have that many girlfriends (or maybe her friends all work and have lives), so she rambles in her videos because she doesn't have anyone else to talk to.

heatherweather
Debater
Debater

Post by heatherweather »

BinsBinsBins wrote:Part of me thinks she doesn't have that many girlfriends (or maybe her friends all work and have lives), so she rambles in her videos because she doesn't have anyone else to talk to.
Yes, this is exactly why I don't think she has this active social life that she claims to have. Here's how I see it: if I have something big and obviously exciting, I have to tell the story or the update about that thing to like 10 different people. Which mean, by the time I get through to the 10th really important person, I know exactly what I want to say, and it's basically a rehearsed performance at that point. For example, when I told people about my engagement, by the end, I was saying pretty much word-for-word the same thing to every person. No rambling, because I'd "practiced" it so many times in speaking to others. But the first few times, yeah, I rambled on and didn't speak in real sentences. So I think we watch her ramble because she doesn't tell these updates to several girlfriends. She probably talks to her mom about it and to a certain extent Brad, but he has a busy life. It doesn't seem like she and her sister are super close, so I doubt she is giving her detailed updates about her diet and such.

And on the mattress thing, what bugs me the most about it is 1) shadiness of not admitting you were sent it for free verbally, 2) the "hype" of the mattress that she is trying to create. "Well I wasn't going to even talk about it... [until I wrote the whole blog post, possibly with an affiliate link." Is she going to make a killing on it? I doubt it. But getting a free high end mattress seems like a sweet deal to me.

simplyme

Post by simplyme »

Is it me or is her new favorite word LEGIT??

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

Why does she insist on wearing shoes that don't match her outfits or accessories? Ugh.

That blue scarf looks awful with those printed shoes imo.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

I don't believe she is as lonely as people make her out to be. I'll admit I used to think she was as well, but after someone mentioned meeting her and she was with a friend that she has never mentioned on youtube, I do believe she has friends. Tiff however doesn't strike me as the type of person to share all these details with people unless they ask. I say this because I'm like this as well. Hell no one knew about my boyfriend till 1.5 years later because no one asked. Yet here her viewers are constantly asking her questions that she probably feels obligated to answer. I also appreciate the ramble as it feels more friendly than structured and forced like an interview.

MrsGrimes
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MrsGrimes »

CrumbledOreos wrote:I don't believe she is as lonely as people make her out to be. I'll admit I used to think she was as well, but after someone mentioned meeting her and she was with a friend that she has never mentioned on youtube, I do believe she has friends. Tiff however doesn't strike me as the type of person to share all these details with people unless they ask. I say this because I'm like this as well. Hell no one knew about my boyfriend till 1.5 years later because no one asked. Yet here her viewers are constantly asking her questions that she probably feels obligated to answer. I also appreciate the ramble as it feels more friendly than structured and forced like an interview.

I don't know about her friend situation. It could go either way.

However, I do not feel one bit sorry for her getting asked questions by viewers. These gurus put themselves in that position by posting photos and videos of their bathrooms, their bedrooms, their entire homes, their husbands. And even their pregnancies! Then they put their PO Boxes online for viewers to send them gifts as if they are best buds. No wonder their viewers think it's okay to ask such personal questions. These gurus are putting most of their lives in front of a camera.

Being a beauty guru doesn't mean they have to show anything in their lives other than beauty related stuff. They choose to.

BinsBinsBins
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BinsBinsBins »

She can have all the friends in the world - I'm sure she's got plenty!

But I'm betting her friends have jobs and children of their own so they're not sitting at home as much as she is. It sort of seems like she doesn't get to "girl-chat" much before she turns on the camera. I don't know... maybe she's just a rambly person. I am a few weeks behind her in pregnancy, but I can say this - my brain is all over the place. I forget what I'm saying mid-sentence. But the difference is, Tiffany was a bit ramble-prone before pregnancy.

Newnonkc
Learner
Learner

Post by Newnonkc »

Idk guys, I watched the video and wasn't that blown away by the whole mattress thing. Maybe it's because I follow a lot of home decor/diy bloggers and they get sent expensive, big stuff like this more often (couches, etc.) That said, I know she's a beauty guru so it's different. She definitely should have mentioned she was compensated for discussing it, but I highly doubt anyone is going to just up and buy a 5k mattress because they think Tiffany bought it. And if anyone is dumb enough to do that, that's on them in my eyes.

Other than the nearly obnoxious length of her videos lately ( :shock: ), Tiffany hasn't really been bothering me that much throughout her pregnancy. Probably because after seeing the whole Kailyn/Graythee disaster unfold, and seeing Leesha complain the whole way through her pregnancy, it's giving me faith in the world to see someone who wanted a baby, was in a good place in life to get pregnant, and seems genuinely overjoyed and excited to start a family.

I want to register my guess for Tiffany's baby name, lol. I feel like she's going to go with a girls name that has a little more of an edge or a tomboyish vibe. My guess is Harper.

Return to “MakeupbyTiffanyD”